Can Darth Vader survive a nuke

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Can Darth Vader survive a nuke (35 votes)

Canon Vader can 20%
Legends Vader can 34%
Canon Vader can't 9%
Legends Vader can't 3%
No Vader can 49%
Both Vader's can 14%
results 9%

This is a serious question extended from a previous thread. Say Vader is in a desert and the U.S. army drops a nuclear Fusion bomb on him. Vader is aware of this and has his defense up. Could he survive this? If he can, what's the most powerful nuke that can be dropped on him?

• 
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I put both but I wouldn’t be suprised if someone convinced me canon Vader can’t

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol no

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question can a nuke survive Darth Vader

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is the reason I made the thread. When I asked the user if Vader could survive a nuke, I was called a troll instead. Guess that's what happens when you're skeptical of things.

links post 1post 2post 3

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but it seems he can survive very large explosions. I guess he uses force shields for that.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

He also survived this as well.

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader is not durable enough to tank such an attack. He can block it with a force barrier though by feats

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends where the nuke lands and what nuke we're talking about.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BOTH CAN

lixin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably yes because he can block those nukes by using force

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eredin12
@reaper4 said:

Vader is not durable enough to tank such an attack. He can block it with a force barrier though by feats

@wolfrazer said:

Depends where the nuke lands and what nuke we're talking about.

Vader tanked stuff far stronger than Nuke in canon, Explosion of Sith Superweapon:

Loading Video...

That was the explosion of Kyber crystal that powered Sith Superwepon, which was able to -atomize shielded Gozanti-class cruiser, capital ship able to tank shots from Star Destroyers( which are way above any Nuke) as well as several Tie fighters that were many miles away from it :

Loading Video...

No Nuke can even vaporize a car a few km away let alone something as durable as a TIE ship. Meaning that regardless of where it falls or what Nuke it is, that is nothing to canon Vader, Legends Vader tanked stuff lightyears above this such as Lightning from Palpatine and Starkiller, etc

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer

@eredin12: I'm pretty sure a nuke would vaporize a TIE Fighter if it was dropped right ontop of it, they aren't THAT durable, but the question is if Vader could survive, not if he would be atomized or not. There's also more to a nuke than just energy coming from it, compared to those sequences.

I mean if he has his Force Barrier up, I could perhaps see him surviving.

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Reaper4

@eredin12: We didn't actually see Vader tank it. I doubt Vader could of survived it without a barrier

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eredin12

@wolfrazer:

@eredin12: I'm pretty sure a nuke would vaporize a TIE Fighter if it was dropped right ontop of it, they aren't THAT durable, but the question is if Vader could survive, not if he would be atomized or not.

These explosions vaporized TIE fighters that were km away from it, Nuke cannot even destroy bank vault door from that distance, forget about vaporizing something lol, bank vaults — were left standing after Hiroshima was hit by an anatomic bomb

Fact that this explosion vaporized them from miles sway makes it thousands of times above any Nuke since explosion lose power very quickly with distance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

As for the durability of the TIE ship, some of them tanked hitting Ground at MHS+ speeds, even making a small mountain-sized explosion on impact:

So even if Nuke was dropped on top of it, it could not vaporize it tbh

There's also more to a nuke than just energy coming from it, compared to those sequences.

What else is there?

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eredin12
@reaper4 said:

@eredin12: We didn't actually see Vader tank it. I doubt Vader could of survived it without a barrier

We saw Vader hurt by it ( see how he walks away) meaning he was hit by an explosion, it hurt but he still tanked it and that explosion makes Nuke look like a firecracker, that is canon, Legends Vader tanked force lightning from Emperor/ Galen

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer

@eredin12: The vaults were inside of a reinforced concrete building yes? This would negate some of that energy and force acted upon said vaults right? Also other things being such as the blast, the shockwave force from said blast and the radiation damage. Plus it's not like the vaults or buildings were right above the nuke when it dropped.

Also that's Vader's TIE, completely different than a regular TIE Fighter, which we have seen get damaged and shot down by mere bullets from a sniper rifle in Canon as well.

Now I can see Vader surviving the nuke dropped on Hiroshima sure.

Although come to think of it, OP never did specify distance drop of said nuke or did he specify a nuke type, so really this is a moot point.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BreakOfDawn

...No. A nuclear bomb is very different from 90% of the things he's tanked. The only things he's tanked that are remotely similar are the Temple explosion - where he fell through the floor before the explosion and was still heavily injured - and Galen's Oneness explosion - which is on a lower scale and a different kind of explosion.

Vader would need to establish a barrier to protect not just against the kinetic shockwave, but also heat that can disintegrate him and immense levels of radiation. The radiation alone would kill him, and it's not something he can easily defend against.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: reaper is arguing Vader couldn't have done it without a force barrier, which is understandable. Still, him not being hurt by a freaking moon exploding (and I disagree with you about it being dozens of km, the size was never stated IIRC) does lead me to believe he is taking any nuke.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eredin12

@wolfrazer:

@eredin12: The vaults were inside of a reinforced concrete building yes? This would negate some of that energy and force acted upon said vaults right? Also other things being such as the blast, the shockwave force from said blast and the radiation damage. Plus it's not like the vaults or buildings were right above the nuke when it dropped.

Yes and before this blast hit them it atomized shilled capital ship able to take shots from Star Destroyers. No nuke can vaporize even a tank from a few km away lol, vaporizing a tank would require a multi-city block level of energy, around 1000 tons of TNT, 1/1000th of Nukes overall blast, while at such distance tank would be hit by like 1/ 10000000th of explosion

This explosion had all of those as well

Also that's Vader's TIE, completely different than a regular TIE Fighter, which we have seen get damaged and shot down by mere bullets from a sniper rifle in Canon as well.

Now I can see Vader surviving the nuke dropped on Hiroshima sure.Although come to think of it, OP never did specify distance drop of said nuke or did he specify a nuke type, so really this is a moot point.

When?

Vader would tank Tsar bomb

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolfrazer

@eredin12: In Target Vader.

Well yeah, because the tank isn't getting dropped on directly by a nuke. Even a few KM it's not taking the full force of it. But I'm not talking about vaporization.

Considering the OP never specified where or what kind of nuke is being dropped, sure.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: reaper is arguing Vader couldn't have done it without a force barrier, which is understandable. Still, him not being hurt by a freaking moon exploding (and I disagree with you about it being dozens of km, the size was never stated IIRC) does lead me to believe he is taking any nuke.

Vader was hit by that blast though, we saw that he was bit hurt later

Yep

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BreakOfDawn

@pedrolopesmateus: He didn't tank the moon exploding, by the way. He tanked something bursting out from the core and knocking the thing he was flying a good distance away. It's a different kind of feat. Think ripping open a crisp packet versus popping it open, or throwing something across a room versus punching it directly. Two different applications and levels of propulsion, kinetic force, and - most importantly - heat energy.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eredin12

@pedrolopesmateus: Btw would not recommend bothering with BoD on SW topis, he is someone who argued that 616 Thor( moon level character) is a large planet level( post 38) consistently, not counting Aaron:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/thor-runs-a-weight-lift-gauntlet-2012514/

here he is even saying that Galen's Oneness explosion is below Nuke, personally, he is not a bad user as a person but he is as biased as Fizz and his mental gymnastics and reaching rival KoL himself lol

ferriserris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you mean by "defenses up". Is he allowed to use the force to deter it/defend against it when it explodes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8j9KPinpKw&ab_channel=ArthurSyne

Kaanan Jaarus despite performing in abnormal level as is common w force users who are about to die wasn't able to hold off this explosion. I highly doubt Vader would.

If he isn't using the force then no, he get's obliterated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McZdijjEdKg&ab_channel=MKIceAndFire

See 3:45. Vader was massively injured here and this is nothing in comparison to a Nuke.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eredin12

@ferriserris:

Kaanan Jaarus despite performing in abnormal level as is common w force users who are about to die wasn't able to hold off this explosion. I highly doubt Vader would.

There is no proof that Kanan was amped there, that was never implied while he has several feats just as good while fully calm suggesting otherwise, and Kanan is ant to Vader power-wise, canon Vader is confirmed as more powerful than Star Destroyers:

No Caption Provided

See 3:45. Vader was massively injured here and this is nothing in comparison to a Nuke.

By attack from Starkiller, someone who destroys star destroyers with casual blasts, which can tank planet busting force?Yea that is totally below Nuke AP-wise.

ferriserris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ferriserris

@eredin12:

It is quite clear that he was amped much like Starkiller was amped prior to his death.

That star destroyer quote is clearly not meant to be taken seriously in the literal sense and "powerful" can be interpreted as being more fearful. If you were to take such a quote seriously then I would presume you take this quote (In reference to Darth Bane) seriously as well?

"Through the dark side he had access to near infinite power."

-- Dynasty of Evil

Also, Starkiller didn't' attack Vader w a force blast but just used the force to drop that machinery on him. This machinery did more damage to Vader than that Oneness blast lmao.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eredin12

@ferriserris:

It is quite clear that he was amped much like Starkiller was amped prior to his death.

Starkiller entered Onesies for one last strike to save Rebels, that was stated, with Kanan that was never even implied, something being" quite clear" to you is not really convincing argument

That Star Destroyer Quote is clearly not meant to be taken seriously in the literal sense and "powerful" can be interpreted as being more fearful. If you were to take such a quote seriously then I would presume you take this quote (In reference to Darth Bane) seriously as well?

"Through the dark side he had access to near infinite power."

" clearly not meant to be taken seriously because I don't like it for my few clone troopers>Vader scaling"

Bane quote is clearly hyperbolic in nature as almost all such infinite power quotes are, this one was not, it directly compares weapons and states that he was a more powerful weapon, powerful and fearful have nothing to do with each other either, powerful in the context of weapon refers to who is stronger, if it was about fear then Vaders ship which most people in galaxy never even saw or heard about would certainly not be 2nd most powerful weapon when you have someone like Tarkin who everyone knows and fears

Also, Starkiller didn't' attack Vader w a force blast but just used the force to drop that machinery on him. This machinery did more damage to Vader than that Oneness blast lmao.

It was thrown by the force of his TK behind it though, just like when Frieza threw this rock at Goku and hurt him:

Loading Video...

that is the same thing as TK blasts since it has the same TK power behind them, that power is what hurts, not the mass of objects, why do you think Hulk gets hurt when someone as strong as him throws a tree at him or something?Or why Iron Man gets hurt when Magneto throws 170 ton tower at him

ferriserris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: I'm quoting this

"

Kanan Jarrus: Kanan achieved a weaker version of Oneness during his final battle with the Grand Inquisitor after having an epiphany in the force due to him believing he had lost Ezra. However, it was right before his death where Kanan achieved a total Oneness with the force. Due to the sheer selflessness of his sacrifice to save the Ghost crew, the Force fully embodied Kanan, giving him the power to hold back a large explosion while propelling the Ghost away with the force, and even restoring his sight in his final moments.

"

In other words, His sight being restored proves that the force amped him at that moment (prior to his death).

I'm not even going to address your second point because you're clearly mis-interpretting/construing that quote to scale Vader way above what's reasonable based off what we have actually seen of him. When Vader vaporizes with the force what a SD can vaporize/destroy then I will concede but yea Vader never exhibited destructive capacity on that level. Vader hasn't even shown anything with TK on this level lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l4cIqUsKEg&ab_channel=TheNoob

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No, a nuke would obliterate Vader, lol.

Star Wars characters are mad overrated these days, lol.

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Vader can still be hurt by the blast through the force wall

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eredin12

@ferriserris:

"

Kanan Jarrus: Kanan achieved a weaker version of Oneness during his final battle with the Grand Inquisitor after having an epiphany in the force due to him believing he had lost Ezra. However, it was right before his death where Kanan achieved a total Oneness with the force. Due to the sheer selflessness of his sacrifice to save the Ghost crew, the Force fully embodied Kanan, giving him the power to hold back a large explosion while propelling the Ghost away with the force, and even restoring his sight in his final moments.

"

In other words, His sight being restored proves that the force amped him at that moment (prior to his death).

Source: Dude trust me. Feris you need to post the source of what you quote

Your " source" states he had Onesies amp while being nigh equally matched with fodder Inquisitor, it does not seem to be reliable lol, his sight being restored is not proof of his force power being amped either, sight and force power do not have correlations, at best we can say force restored his eyes to see his friends for one last time

I'm not even going to address your second point because you're clearly mis-interpretting/construing that quote to scale Vader way above what's reasonable based off what we have actually seen of him.

I am just reading what it states, just like Frozen and all other reasonable people do and accept it, while you are reaching for the sky to ignore it with easily debunkable stuff about the fear that would make Tarkin more powerful than Star Destroyer

When Vader vaporizes with the force what a SD can vaporize/destroy then I will concede but yea Vader never exhibited destructive capacity on that level. Vader hasn't even shown anything with TK on this level lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l4cIqUsKEg&ab_channel=TheNoob

Vader tanked explosion that vaporized capital ship that is able to take shots from Star Destroyer, ESB Luke was shaking Star Destroyer to the point of nearly destroying it in range( and they can easily tank shots from each other), he overpowered Kaiju that bite large shielded warships in half, he scales to the feat of Yoda and 53 Jedi stopping moon busting near LS debris

No Caption Provided

Pain feat is below to even Vader casually slamming down Summa at hypersonic speed lol

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaper4 said:

@eredin12: Vader can still be hurt by the blast through the force wall

Then that would mean explosion destroyed force wall and hit him, so he still tanked it

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

https://imgur.com/CQE32Fq It could of been like in this scan where Vader has his shield up but was still able to feel the impact

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eredin12

@reaper4: Your scan is about Doom, who only felt the impact when he crashed into that stone, and he was not damaged like Vader here, it was just annoyance " ugh" which is possible through shield, but Vader could not be damaged, as in his armor if the blast did not hit him but only his shield here

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We saw in the movies that he is not

goldeneagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would get vaporized, but I bet he could put a shield up, or just contain it.

ferriserris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: In regard to you're claim that Luke can destroy Star Destroyers , I quote.

"

There is the canon book called the Legend of Luke Skywalker. It a book release before the last jedi detailing the children of canto bight casino discussing about the myth and legend of Luke skywallker.

One of the story talk about how one of soldier actually witnesses Luke using the force pull to pull down a star destroyers in Jakku.

In reality the whole thing was a tractor beam that did it

The entire thing was prelude to the theme of the last jedi that the galaxy pretty much view Luke as an invincible God that he could do anything as he please.

The whole point of the novel is to show that these story are exaggerated and fake but these exaggerated story is what give the slave hope for next day. That they can wake up knowing there is a chance of a better future out there

"

Also, yea. Vader has never exhibited destruction on the scale of pains TK blast. You're bullshit scaling still doesnt prove he can replicate that pain tk feat. If were able too, he wouldnt have even bothered engaging rebels with a lightsaber etc.

ferriserris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also this entire thread is wack. Vader isnt surviving a Nuke. He scales (relative to) Jedi that were getting fodderizied via blaster volts during Order 66 or other small explosion's.

Even the FOTJ Writer stated that a bullet could kill EU Luke if Luke weren't aware of it.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eredin12

@ferriserris: Legends of Luke Skywalker book may have been well, made of legends, but that has nothing to do with Vader quote which is not or direct feat ESB Luke had

Also, yea. Vader has never exhibited destruction on the scale of pains TK blast. You're bullshit scaling still doesnt prove he can replicate that pain tk feat. If were able too, he wouldnt have even bothered engaging rebels with a lightsaber etc.

Also this entire thread is wack. Vader isnt surviving a Nuke. He scales (relative to) Jedi that were getting fodderizied via blaster volts during Order 66 or other small explosion's.

Even the FOTJ Writer stated that a bullet could kill EU Luke if Luke weren't aware of it.

He slammed a 7,4 km large monster at hypersonic speed casually while weakened, that alone is way better, by your logic Zoro from One Piece is below town level as well since he uses swords to beat fodders, Wonder Woman as well, she also uses sword on them

Vader is confirmed to be more powerful than ROTS Palpatine in canon via being above Anakin who is above him, yea he is so relative to fodder featless Jedi, it is not like he no-sold blasters many times in canon or something either, oh wiat:

The bullet is a piercing weapon, it can kill even Wonder Woman. Feris you are really low tier troll

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eredin12
@goldeneagle said:

He would get vaporized, but I bet he could put a shield up, or just contain it.

Canon Vader was hit by explosions way above Nuke(Sith Superwepon) and tanked it, sure he could but even if he was hit he would not be vaped, this is not movie Vader

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@ferriserris: Your "Vader scales below jedi that were fodderized by clones" has been debunked time and time again. Even on this very thread, I have no idea why you repeated it.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Btw what are your thoughts on this thread/topic?

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By heiqn

I love how people say Vader is overrated but nobody brings anything except "lol he can't sw verse characters weak"

This is also another proof that %90 of the ComicVine don't know shit about feats or statements but love to talk just like Reddit WWW where people believe Superman can solo all fiction because he is Superman.

OT = Vader can't survive a nuke because I said so, Source = I only watched movies and I know All SW Characters are subsonic and street level with low TK. Anything posted here straight outta comics are wank attempts IDC.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BreakOfDawn

@ferriserris:Kanan Jarrus: Kanan achieved a weaker version of Oneness during his final battle with the Grand Inquisitor after having an epiphany in the force due to him believing he had lost Ezra.

Just to correct one thing; it wasn't Oneness. Kanan's fear held him back the entire season, which is why they became closer the stronger and more trained Ezra became (Kanan stopped being as afraid). When he thought Ezra was dead, he stopped being afraid and fought to his full ability.

The rest is all good, however. Good summary.

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
supermanwin1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1