Can CW Green Arrow speedblitz DCEU Batman?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No. He isn't fast enough and Batman can react as fast.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RBT

Full speedblitz? Doubt it. Only street level Arrow characters than can is Slade and Ben.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Mrnoital

Arrows reaction speed might be high enough, but his combat and travel speed aren't

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

What's his best combat speed feat?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's really not that fast

TheBeigeArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could probably punch before Bruce blocks, he's way faster.

But if you mean close a gap of like 10 feet and land hits before Bruce reacts, I doubt it.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not.

Number1Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Number1Boss

No.

Bomberman1404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By theCrazyBean

Hell no

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might not be his best, but one of my favourites is when the team is surrounded by eight armed Ghosts, and Oliver then drops into the middle of them and KO's them all before a single one can fire their weapon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: lol......the ghosts fight like they're playing lazer tag. They don't seem competent

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gracetrack

Definitely not.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:
@rogueshadow said:

It might not be his best, but one of my favourites is when the team is surrounded by eight armed Ghosts, and Oliver then drops into the middle of them and KO's them all before a single one can fire their weapon.

When you say "KO's them all before a single one can fire their weapon." what does that mean exactly?

That the ghosts had no time to let off a round? Or that they instead chose to rush in and fight H2H?

Cause I can see at least 3 guys run at Ollie instead of shooting. So he didn't blitz 8 guys, as you implied

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@DammeFavour said:

@lubub55: lol......the ghosts fight like they're playing lazer tag. They don't seem competent

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with this. And it definitely wasn't so fast that they couldn't pull the trigger because most of them tried to attack him in close-quarters, and they attack in chunks of two. Unless there's some context, I have no idea why they didn't just unload on him. Looking at that I don't see him blitzing at all.

To really impress me combat speed-wise, I'd really need to see Oliver going blow for blow with multiple skilled combatants at the same time like this:

No Caption Provided

And even Ip Man wouldn't blitz, but he'd get a bunch of shots off before Bruce could react.

I'm rewatching through Season 2 right now and thus far there's not a single instance (I've noticed) where any Arrow character fights more than 3 opponents simultaneously like the gif above. Oliver can clear through 20 + street thugs, sure, but not all at once, he takes them on two or three at a time.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour said:

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with this. And it definitely wasn't so fast that they couldn't pull the trigger because most of them tried to attack him in close-quarters, and they attack in chunks of two. Unless there's some context, I have no idea why they didn't just unload on him. Looking at that I don't see him blitzing at all.

To really impress me combat speed-wise, I'd really need to see Oliver going blow for blow with multiple skilled combatants at the same time like this:

No Caption Provided

And even Ip Man wouldn't blitz, but he'd get a bunch of shots off before Bruce could react.

I'm rewatching through Season 2 right now and thus far there's not a single instance (I've noticed) where any Arrow character fights more than 3 opponents simultaneously like the gif above. Oliver can clear through 20 + street thugs, sure, but not all at once, he takes them on two or three at a time.

Loading Video...

For a moment, Ra's was actually engaging 6-8 at same time. And they were more skilled than the fodder IP man was fighting.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rbt: I did say where I'm up to on my rewatch, but I do remember that because it was very impressive. I had that in mind as I made the post actually because it's probably the best fodder feat in Arrow that I can recall.

That said, even here I don't think he ever actually engages all eight simultaneously, he uses skill/dexterity to always keep himself in a position where they couldn't bullrush him, they never all just jump him at once.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Well of course he can't parry blows from eight different fighters at once. That would be outright superhuman.

It's still a perfect fodder feat. They work in unison, nobody is hanging back while the others attack, they're all in it. And Ra's is genuinely skilled enough to disassemble them, with ease even.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I did say where I'm up to on my rewatch, but I do remember that because it was very impressive. I had that in mind as I made the post actually because it's probably the best fodder feat in Arrow that I can recall.

That said, even here I don't think he ever actually engages all eight simultaneously, he uses skill/dexterity to always keep himself in a position where they couldn't bullrush him, they never all just jump him at once.

There wasn't a moment except one where even a single one of them were standing idle. The sole reason that scene was in there to show off Ra's skill. I think they were trying to show that Ra's is skilled enough to be surrounded by multiple ninjas, all attacking him at once and come out victorious and the choreography showed that as well. They did jump him at once. And considering he was in dead center, he couldn't possible have positioned himself anywhere to get away from a single one of them. This feat is leagues better than the IP man feat you posted. Mostly for two reasons. There were more opponents attacking from more directions and they were better fodders.

If you believe IP man can get in multiple hits before Bruce can react then why current Oliver, who has perfectly matched Ra's, should not be able to do much better?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Well of course he can't parry blows from eight different fighters at once. That would be outright superhuman.

It's still a perfect fodder feat. They work in unison, nobody is hanging back while the others attack, they're all in it. And Ra's is genuinely skilled enough to disassemble them, with ease even.

I'm not lowballing the feat, it's a feat of extreme skill. And clearly he's extremely fast. But the thread is about combat speed, so what I'm saying is that it's not crazy blitzing speed where he's repelling 8 simultaneous attacks. The most that he is engaging at once seems to be around 4 or 5 (?). Hard to tell because it cuts between different angles.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously? Seriously??

DCEU Batman has legit blur-speed, CW Green Arrow mainly fight jobbing fodder using ballerina twirls as is trademark moves.

How is this even a question?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By renamed040924

@rogueshadow: Agreed.

Although the Ip Man feat isn't actually any different. It's pretty overwhelming because so many actions are taking place, it's exceptionally well executed, but try and focus in on Ip Man's movements. He's not actually moving that fast. The four fighters surrounding him only throw one or two strikes each, and he uses all of his limbs in order to deflect them. So Ip Man is only doing about 5 motions in just under two seconds (six total strikes to deflect, but he deflects two of them with the same movement) with several of those five motions happening together. So he's not actually moving all that fast.

It's perfectly choreographed and gives the illusion of inhuman speed, showing us why Ip Man is a legend. But upon examination, it's actually nothing superhuman at all, it's just perfect skill (which is more badass than inexplicable superhuman speed)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rbt said:
@rogueshadow said:

There wasn't a moment except one where even a single one of them were standing idle. The sole reason that scene was in there to show off Ra's skill. I think they were trying to show that Ra's is skilled enough to be surrounded by multiple ninjas, all attacking him at once and come out victorious and the choreography showed that as well. They did jump him at once. And considering he was in dead center, he couldn't possible have positioned himself anywhere to get away from a single one of them. This feat is leagues better than the IP man feat you posted. Mostly for two reasons. There were more opponents attacking from more directions and they were better fodders.

If you believe IP man can get in multiple hits before Bruce can react then why current Oliver, who has perfectly matched Ra's, should not be able to do much better?

That's not how I'd define being jumped all at once, this is being jumped all at once:

Loading Video...

I'm not trying to diminish the quality of the feat here, it is an excellent display of skill, speed and awareness. But we're talking about sheer speed and I'm watching it slowed down and there's no point that all eight are attacking him at once, it would be silly if there were.

I didn't say Ollie can't get the first shots in, but the level of speed doesn't impress me enough to make me think he can speed-blitz DCEU Batman. To make me think that he'd have to have wacky toon-force speed.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By renamed040924

@ouroborik: Batman wasn't moving at a blur in that shotgun scene. It's super impressive because he was dodging close range shotgun blasts while somehow scaling the ceiling, but it wasn't a blur, he's completely visible.

This is more impressive movement speed. Perceiving and moving in real time while the rest of the world is slowed to a crawl.

http://i.makeagif.com/media/12-05-2015/ReN-RQ.gif

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but felicity could

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

@lubub55 said:
@rogueshadow said:

IIRC those weren't ghosts. They were mercenaries hired by Felicities father. All though ghosts were kind of inconsistent.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I think you misunderstood. Or I didn't express myself clearly. I'm not saying that Ra's was blocking/parrying attacks from 8 guys in exact same instant. He physically can't. He was however, engaged with several at once, if that makes any sense. That feat is very similar to what IP man did. While IP man was engaging 4 at once, he didn't parry their attacks at exact same moment. They were throwing punches one after another, however, the time gap was so low, it pretty much looked like they all punched at once. The way I read the scene is that IP man is skilled and fast enough to keep track of 4 guys almost punching at same time and countering their attack, however he does. Ra's takes it one step further and does it with more guys who are more skilled.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: The fact that you responded without being agressive at all just made me feel a whole lot more of respect for you, for real :)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: Thanks, there's no need to be aggressive unless somebody is being closed minded.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not.

He cant blitz. He cant even win a h2h fight against him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By buildhare

No, he has a speed advantage over Bat-fleck, that's it. Arrow is nowhere near this fast.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rbt said:

@rogueshadow: I think you misunderstood. Or I didn't express myself clearly. I'm not saying that Ra's was blocking/parrying attacks from 8 guys in exact same instant. He physically can't. He was however, engaged with several at once, if that makes any sense. That feat is very similar to what IP man did. While IP man was engaging 4 at once, he didn't parry their attacks at exact same moment. They were throwing punches one after another, however, the time gap was so low, it pretty much looked like they all punched at once. The way I read the scene is that IP man is skilled and fast enough to keep track of 4 guys almost punching at same time and countering their attack, however he does. Ra's takes it one step further and does it with more guys who are more skilled.

I agree it's an incredible feat of skill and speed the way he takes them all down, no matter how you slice it, but I don't think it's speed-blitz worthy. Ra's is very skilled, uses his opponents' numbers against them (keeps one guy in a lock to keep opponents at bay etc.) and remains in motion throughout the fight. However, the most he ever takes who are attacking him at once looks to be about fourish, which is a testament to his combat speed, through overall skill and awareness he can engage all eight (also that actually just one part of the full fight, Ip Man engages 10 of them in total).

While they engage greater numbers, the most they (both Ra's and Ip Man) ever repel at once is about 4. Ip Man isn't repelling them at the exact same moment, but they were all mounting an attack at the same time.

In the fight no point where the ninja are idle and they are engaged in the fight, but that doesn't mean they are all attacking him at once.

I see it like this:

Nyssa takes down two guys attacking her at once:

No Caption Provided

I see this as reflective of combat speed, they are both attacking her at once and Nyssa repels their attack. Obviously, skill is heavily involved too.

Here, Oliver (while drugged) takes down three guys:

No Caption Provided

This isn't the same to me, he is engaging all three as you say, while they aren't idle, they aren't attacking him at once, so it's skill, and a legitimate feat for sure, but I don't see it as reflecting combat speed like the gif with Nyssa.

With Ra's, while his overall skill is such that he can engage eight ninja, his speed is such that he can take a simultaneous assault from four League Ninja.

I don't think that we actually disagree, it's just semantic.

@nickzambuto said:

@rogueshadow: Agreed.

Although the Ip Man feat isn't actually any different. It's pretty overwhelming because so many actions are taking place, it's exceptionally well executed, but try and focus in on Ip Man's movements. He's not actually moving that fast. The four fighters surrounding him only throw one or two strikes each, and he uses all of his limbs in order to deflect them. So Ip Man is only doing about 5 motions in just under two seconds (six total strikes to deflect, but he deflects two of them with the same movement) with several of those five motions happening together. So he's not actually moving all that fast.

It's perfectly choreographed and gives the illusion of inhuman speed, showing us why Ip Man is a legend. But upon examination, it's actually nothing superhuman at all, it's just perfect skill (which is more badass than inexplicable superhuman speed)

That's a fair point. However, I feel like I've accidentally given the impression that I think Ip Man would speed-blitz when that wasn't my intention.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers