Cable and X-Man.

#1 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Cable, at full power, without the TO virus, have more raw power than X-Man at full power with the tattoo? Why or why not? Please explain your reasoning. 
#2 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Man overall has more raw power. Cable at full power is very close, but he's not as powerful.

#3 Posted by ArtJoker (605 posts) - - Show Bio

while Nate Grey was what Cable was supposed to be, we must keep in mind that Cable's mother was a clone of the original Jean Grey, so while i don't know if that makes any difference, even at full power, Cable is not quite as powerful as X man, but he sure get's close seeing how he was able to break the silver surfer's board. Also Nate has the tattoo that keeps his power from destroying him so he could use his almost limitless power sparingly.

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it is:  X-Man is the man Cable could be if Cable had been raised by Sinister, if Cyclops & Marvel Girl hadn't rescued him from the orphanage.  Stryfe is the man Cable would be in 50-60 years time if Apocalypse had never infected him with the TO Virus (and therefore he wouldn't have been sent to the future).

#5 Posted by dane (10861 posts) - - Show Bio

well also, Stryfe is Cable if he was raised by Apocalypse and had no TO virus. Pretty big character shift.

#6 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: I think it is because Cable is more calm, as opposed to X-Man who is rash and impetuous and easy to anger.  Cable is not easy to anger and this lets Cable not lash out all of his powers. X-Man uses all of his powers to cause as much damage as possible. Cable does not.  

@xerox-kitty said:
" The way I see it is:  X-Man is the man Cable could be if Cable had been raised by Sinister, if Cyclops & Marvel Girl hadn't rescued him from the orphanage.  Stryfe is the man Cable would be in 50-60 years time if Apocalypse had never infected him with the TO Virus (and therefore he wouldn't have been sent to the future). "

May I ask why being raised by Sinister would make a difference? I also know that Sinister removed X-Man natural blockades, but Cable's natural blockades have not been removed.  I don't know if that means anything regarding raw power.  

True. Although Cable has more skill and experience than Stryfe.  

@Dane said:
" well also, Stryfe is Cable if he was raised by Apocalypse and had no TO virus. Pretty big character shift. "

Yes. I never understood how it went. Apocalypse would have wanted to make Stryfe telepathically weak to make him another easy host body right? Strong telepathy would make it difficult to make the person a host body. 

Then after Apocalypse raised Stryfe, he went back to the past and wanted to kill him?                 %3Proxy-Connection: keep-a
#7 Posted by Push (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

Xman is just Cable in an alternate timeline raised in alternate circumstances ie no techno virus, and raised in sinister's labs, so different  characteristics, but basically same power base, but raised differently, to use there powers differently!  Bit like Superman and Red Son Superman, same person, same powers, brought up and raised differently in how they use that powerset.
#8 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push: Interesting. How exactly do Cable and X-Man use their powers differently or how do they use their powerset differently, may I ask?
#9 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

cable is more used to having the abilties to use alongside h2h and ammunition , xman doenst really use weapons to cbales lvl. I think on the whole xman is  just a power wrecking ball he uses  powers to do damage and finish battles with crazy feats just to get it done , where as cable is calculated and uses enough force to get the job done.

#10 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent: In other words, Cable thinks more before acting and is more mature and X-Man just lashes out and is an impetuous and rash baby. LOL.
#11 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks:  preety much cable knowsthat using his power full blast isnt always the best way ,where as nate only knows one way full power onslaught pretty much all the time lol
#12 Posted by ArtJoker (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable uses his powers more in a defensive manner while as X man is more offensive

#13 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtJoker: Very interesting.  So their different personalities influence the way in which they use their equal raw power.  

@lazystudent said:
" @cracks:  preety much cable knowsthat using his power full blast isnt always the best way ,where as nate only knows one way full power onslaught pretty much all the time lol "

Yeah Cable burned out. LOL. X-Man has that tattoo though. Could X-Man burn out regardless?
#14 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

with the tattoo i think hes safe i am pretty sure its like a perminant containment tattoo, but never know could  happen. Cable showed little flickers of it coming back thou he may have just burned out for awhile he has been using his powers alot and for along time, whre as nate hasnt been around as long.