Bye Bye PUBG, Hello Fortnite

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After months of hating on Fortnite, making fun of my friends that played that instead of PUBG, I am making the switch.

Since the new update PUBG has performed horribly. Today I played with two friends - roughly 20 games. In 7 games at least one of us got kicked. Every game on the new map, Miramar, the buildings take around 30 seconds to even show up let alone render. After two running steps your player begins to walk for the first minute.

I'm a teacher and my third graders rave about fortnite - another reason I didn't want to play but it's time to make the switch. Hoping it lives up to the expectations.

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not a bad game. 50 v 50 is for fun when I want to be serious i do duos or solos. Pubg is so laggy too

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played PUBG, but it looks boring.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_kai: solo is incredibly boring but duo and squad are a great time. But the lag and rendering issues are ridiculous for an Xbox one game

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People judging other people based on what game they are playing is hilarious to me. Fortnite is a great and enjoyable game. Good luck.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're catching it on the tail end. Fortnite is already starting to die and soon only the tryhards are gonna be left and it really won't be fun anymore.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're catching it on the tail end. Fortnite is already starting to die and soon only the tryhards are gonna be left and it really won't be fun anymore.

What proof do you have it's dying?

TheMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys heard bluehole is trying to sue epic again lmao. Rather than sue why dont they take the time to fix their broken game lol.

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: He must be referring to the fact that Marvel let them use Thanos, cause obviously that means less support and smaller player base.

I don't even like Fortnite and I'm defending it...

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: He must be referring to the fact that Marvel let them use Thanos, cause obviously that means less support and smaller player base.

I don't even like Fortnite and I'm defending it...

That's why I asked lol, what he said was complete unfounded nonsense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PUBG has a new map?

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: just because you didn't do your DD doesn't make what i said unfounded nor does it make it nonsense. Fortnite is over the hill. Casual players are quickly leaving the game and popularity is dropping. Yeah it's still a huge game but it's not anywhere near what it was.

Average daily viewers on twitch are down to under 200,000 viewers. Compare that to 2 months ago when ninja alone had over 600,000 concurrent viewers. That was the peak.

We also know that Fortnite has a lot of young kids who are still in school. I'm in the college crowd and i can tell you firsthand that when everyone splits up the social aspect of the game shrinks and people stop playing. I can confidently say the same will go for those in elementary and high school.

So yeah, fortnite is over the hill.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By helloman

Okay. More people going to Fortnite it seems.

Godren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: just because you didn't do your DD doesn't make what i said unfounded nor does it make it nonsense. Fortnite is over the hill. Casual players are quickly leaving the game and popularity is dropping. Yeah it's still a huge game but it's not anywhere near what it was.

Average daily viewers on twitch are down to under 200,000 viewers. Compare that to 2 months ago when ninja alone had over 600,000 concurrent viewers. That was the peak.

We also know that Fortnite has a lot of young kids who are still in school. I'm in the college crowd and i can tell you firsthand that when everyone splits up the social aspect of the game shrinks and people stop playing. I can confidently say the same will go for those in elementary and high school.

So yeah, fortnite is over the hill.

I watch twitch all the time and Ninja maintains 105,000 people on average minimum, he had 600,000 for the Drake stream and nearly the same amount when the tournaments were held. It isn't dying in the slightest and is growing every day.

Epic has made so much money that they have already put forward 100,000,000 USD for tournament prizing in the 1st year, this is more than all of the major esports prize pool put together.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fortnite is better to be fair, it's kind of a steep learning curve due to the building element, but once you've got that down it's a solid, fun game to play.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godren: Fortnite is going up anything videos go viral and they just had a collab with marvel so its going up or anything

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re the same core game, no?