Broly vs Saitama. Who is the most overrated anime character of all time?

• 139 results
Avatar image for number1intheuniverse
Number1intheuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Both characters that are very powerful but laughably overrated. Who is the most overrated though? Saitama is a new character and i enjoy the character quite a bit but he is quickly approaching the infamous overrated hall of fame territory along with Batman, Storm, Dr Manhattan and of course Broly. The way One Man punch fans go on you would think he is the next Trion Juggernaut or Superboy Prime and after giving the series a try(and enjoying it) he's strong but he's not all that. I once met a guy who honest to god thought Saitama was as fast as the Flash lmao, and this is modern Flash he was referring to that's how deep the level of delusion goes. As for Broly(a character i also like allot) I'm sure i don't need to tell you about his reputation. I think it's safe to say that these are the two most overrated anime characters of all time power wise but who is the most overrated?

RyuBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@number1intheuniverse: Most likely Saitama since he is the new trending, Broly wank went down after he was outclassed by the power creep in DBS, still funny how some Broly fans still expected him to be in the new saga thou.

Avatar image for super saiyan videl
Super Saiyan Videl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is essentially the new Broly.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama easily. His fan love is incredibly annoying

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Death Seed Sentry

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is overrated much more. He is wanked to TOAA levels while not even being planetary, Broly at least was able to destroy planets and stars and was actually FTL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

One Punch Man has broken the limits, The toxic limits that is, Arguments and debates are impossible with these plants.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as we know, Saitama literally does not have limits.

That's sort of the joke of the series.

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
panda_emperorix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanktama. At least Broccoli actually has planet busting feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@slayz said:

Saitama can't kill a mosquito, Saitama kills Boros with one punch.
Saitama takes so long to reach J city, Saitama goes from the moon to earth in seconds.
That seems as legit as bugs bunny to me, Most here at comicvine can see that he is a gag character, Not intended to be taken seriously, Most except his fanbase, They treat the series like it is a oscar winning drama and use feats that do not make sense and are contradicted in the show itself, I could accept if someone said Saitama wins because he is piss or he is toon force, But limitless? I will say bull too that.

Super Saiyan Videl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_ said:

@slayz said:

Saitama can't kill a mosquito, Saitama kills Boros with one punch.

Saitama takes so long to reach J city, Saitama goes from the moon to earth in seconds.

That seems as legit as bugs bunny to me, Most here at comicvine can see that he is a gag character, Not intended to be taken seriously, Most except his fanbase, They treat the series like it is a oscar winning drama and use feats that do not make sense and are contradicted in the show itself, I could accept if someone said Saitama wins because he is piss or he is toon force, But limitless? I will say bull too that.

Satiama doesn't have toonforce he just hasn't lost. Which hardly qualifies him to beat guys like Superman who could sneeze and kill everyone Saitama has ever fought with ease.

Super Saiyan Videl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

The only joke of the series is it's fanbase. Him never lossing means nothing if he only ever fights guys weaker than Superman, Goku etc. You think if Clark or Son Goku took Saitama's role in the series they would have lost to anyone by now?Yeah right. They wouldn't even need a punch to end half those clowns.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super saiyan videl: No, the joke is that he literally does not have limits.

He's as powerful as the situation calls for. That's why it's stupid to use him in battles.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Battle makes me sick to my stomach. Who dares to bring that evil into this thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Saitama but these fanboys are ruining everything for me

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is supposed to be as exaggerated as possible. That is the point of his character. He is satire of overpowered characters. Him seeming to be as powerful as possible is a testament to the success of his character

Broly is supposed to be a powerful enemy who challenges the pre-cell Z-fighters and a Gohan who is seven years out of practice. The fact that he is taken as an invincible god is a failure of the character.

Saitama is supposed to be overrated, Broly isn't.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ends in sex

Super Saiyan Videl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

@super saiyan videl: No, the joke is that he literally does not have limits.

He's as powerful as the situation calls for. That's why it's stupid to use him in battles.

So you mean Hulk fanboy logic "Hulk doesn't have limits". Lol anyone Supergirl level or above rips Saitama in half. The argument that a character has no limits and therefore can't be beaten is laughable when their best feats aren't even all that. At least Hulk on his best day actually does have some insane feats like punching through time to back up the fanboy craziness, what does Saitama have to justify the level of power his delusional fans think he has?

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super saiyan videl: Dude he's a joke character. He's not meant to be taken seriously lol

Super Saiyan Videl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

@super saiyan videl: Dude he's a joke character. He's not meant to be taken seriously lol

Tell that to his fans. I'm not the one making all these Saitama vs debates. I know he's a joke character so i don't take him seriously but if his fans want you to take him seriously(which they clearly do) then I'll tell them that on a serious note Saitama would get his a** beat by Goku or Superman. If they wanna acknowledge him as a joke character like say impossible Man or Bat mite that's fine but they clearly don't.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super saiyan videl: Ok... Good for you.

Just ignore them, it's like saying Bugs Bunny v Superman.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 351

Saitama is easily more over rated imo.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is overrated but his character is meant to be over-exaggerated Broly on the other hand is neither of those things.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cgoodness: i can see broly screaming KAKAROT while doing that

Leo-343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broly actually has the feats to for the fanboys to wank over, Saitama doesn't so he's more overrated.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#27  Edited By cosmicallyaware1
Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is over rated

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is the most wanked character in existance. %90 of the internet thinks he is capable of one shotting EVERYONE. Even TOAA, Azathoth, KT,Presence,Over monitor etc.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Pre-Super Goku FTW. Or maybe Cell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Broly actually has the feats to for the fanboys to wank over, Saitama doesn't so he's more overrated.

Do you realize Saitama has been in 10x the media that Broly has been in?

Broly has some implied feats sure. He is definitely stronger than Saitama. But he has like 2 hours of screen time and you say he has more feats than Saitama? Hypocritical much?

Saitama is in 100+ webcomics, 60+ mangas, and 12 full-length anime episodes as the main protagonist. He has much more screen time than Broly, and more feats, even if they aren't planetary in scale.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Amendment50

Frankly I don't really know if Saitama IS overrated on the battles forums, because his powers are 100% toonforce. Like, the whole joke is that he just inexplicably is super powerful.

It's just that using the concept of "he can pretty much just one punch anything" is an inane argument on the battles forums, and also would obviously make every thread a spite thread anyway.

Feats-only is the ONLY way to use Saitama on the battles forums.

Broly on the other hand is just flat-out wanked.

Leo-343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Leo-343

@avatar_of_green: Um...when I said feats to back it up I'm talking about quality not quantity.

'They aren't planetary in scale'

...that's the point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@amendment50 said:

Frankly I don't really know if Saitama IS overrated on the battles forums, because his powers are 100% toonforce. Like, the whole joke is that he just inexplicably is super powerful.

It's just that using the concept of "he can pretty much just one punch anything" is an inane argument on the battles forums, and also would obviously make every thread a spite thread anyway.

Feats-only is the ONLY way to use Saitama on the battles forums.

Broly on the other hand is just flat-out wanked.

I completely disagree that his powers are toon-force. He explains exactly how he got them.

"100 push-ups! 100 sit-ups! 100 squats! Then a 10 kilometer run! Every single day!" He also eats 3 good meals every day. He never uses the heat in the winter, or the A/C in the summer, to strengthen his mind and save money.

Loading Video...

It's not different than Superman "absorbing yellow sunlight". It's comics. An explanation is an explanation.

His character is inspirational. "Human beings are strong because they have the ability to change themselves!" It is a message that if you are willing to work hard and if you want it bad enough you can accomplish anything. It is in NO WAY toonforce. That is really a bad, untrue point, my friend. Did you ever actually watch it or are you just mad for some reason?

Do you know what inexplicable means? Because it isn't inexplicable; I just explained it to you.

There's also the part that explains that by doing his training and wanting it bad enough, when he fought Crablante he broke his "limiter". Garou also was breaking his "limiter". It is an OPM thing, kinda like genjutsu or whatever it's called from Naruto, or Gourmet Cells from Toriko. You may not like it but again, the explanation is there, it's comics. It is NOT toonforce, that is downplaying Saitama to the max IMO. You are trying to make it seem like we can't take him seriously.

But we can, just as much as any other character. And he has MORE feats than many characters he is pitted against here. Yet I still hear the constant BS about Saitama having no feats. It just makes people who say that sound misinformed. It's actually kind of sad IMO. It is so easy to just not post if you don't understand something. I don't go argue in Naruto battles.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Amendment50

@avatar_of_green: Calm down with the defensive attitude bro. I read OPM. You do know it's a cynical joke manga right? It's making fun of over-the-top action manga like DBZ. It's not trying to make profound statements about human nature or the value of hard work.

I didn't say anything about him not having feats at all. He does have feats; people use them all the time. However, the people that use Saitama's feats are not OPM fans. OPM fans are the ones who say Saitama has infinite power, he can punch with the force of half the big bang, etc.

If someone is saying Saitama has no feats what they are most likely trying to say is that Saitama does not have anywhere close to the feats to back up the outrageous statements people make about him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@amendment50 said:

@avatar_of_green: Calm down with the defensive attitude bro. I read OPM. You do know it's a joke manga right? It's making fun of over-the-top action manga like DBZ. It's not trying to make statements about human nature or the value of hard work.

I didn't say anything about him not having feats at all. He does have feats; people use them all the time. However, the people that use Saitama's feats are not OPM fans. OPM fans are the ones who say Saitama has infinite power, he can punch with the force of half the big bang, etc.

If someone is saying Saitama has no feats what they are most likely trying to say is that Saitama does not have anywhere close to the feats to back up the outrageous statements people make about him.

It's absolutely not a joke. You clearly haven't read it very extensively. There are scenes that will make you cry. Have you read the bonus chapter where Saitama saves the guy from jumping off a building? Doubt it. It is absolutely not a parody or joke, even if the concept started as a parody. It is clearly well beyond that now.

The series has a morality and theme, has solid unique characters who are not overtly based on anime tropes. It doesn't have girls with giant boobs, or the stupid silly anime bloody noses. It is distinctly different from most animes in that Saitama begins the series on a powerful level and doesn't train to become more powerful over time during the series. He doesn't constantly face bigger and badder enemies who threaten the entire galaxy and universe. He doesn't lose only to come back stronger and better through training. I really don't see how it is anything like most other animes at all? If anything, it actually throws a lot of them on their heads.

I vehemently disagree with basically everything you said. No one who is a serious OPM fan believes he has infinite power or punches with the force of the big bang. That's just, again, trying to downplay OPM and his fanbase on your part.

I do agree that he doesn't have feats to match someone like Goku or something. But he clearly is getting there and has no feats suggesting that he couldn't fight at that level when pushed either. I hate when people put him against some popular character like N52 Black Adam and then we get a wave of people saying "OPM has no feats!". It's like dude, you realize N52 is newer than OPM and Black Adam has been in less media? I can't get anyone to post a single solid feat for N52 Black Adam short of losing to Captain Marvel's lightning. But still "Saitama is featless". Yet, objectively, Saitama has more feats than N52 Black Adam and he has better ones too.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Amendment50

@avatar_of_green: Don't know what to tell you. Your posts are reading like hardcore fanboyism to me.

I personally didn't particularly enjoy OPM. Nothing about it struck me as inspirational or profound, and I found the formula got old after the first few chapters.

But obviously I'm not going to change your mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@amendment50 said:

@avatar_of_green: Don't know what to tell you. Your posts are reading like hardcore fanboyism to me.

I personally didn't particularly enjoy OPM. Nothing about it struck me as inspirational or profound, and I found the formula got old after the first few chapters.

But obviously I'm not going to change your mind.

You're going to insult me and call me a fanboy? Because I proved that Saitama clearly does not operate through toonforce, and that you were trying to downplay OPM, and that you haven't even read it but you're acting like some authority?

Fail.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Amendment50

@avatar_of_green: Just because I didn't reach the same conclusions as you doesn't mean I haven't read it. You know what they say about assuming.

Also I'm not downplaying at all; I don't know where you're getting that.

Also, you didn't prove anything.

Why are you being so hostile?

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama isn't really overrated he's more miss understood he's a character who so far isn't meant to lose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@amendment50: calling Superman toonforce would be trying to downplay him. It makes his accomplishments seem trivial. It makes his character mean less. Same for Saitama.

I absolutely proved that Saitama is not using toonforce. Let me know when someone flattens him into a pancake and then he blows into his thumb to reinflate himself. Do you know what toonforce means? I mean, every superhero has toonforce if Saitama does.

Funny you think I am being hostile when you insulted me. And this whole thread is meant to insult two different fanbases.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Amendment50

@avatar_of_green: Arale and bugs bunny never lose fights on cv and they abuse the hell out of toonforce

Popeye's strength comes from spinach. Does that mean he doesn't use toonforce either?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Arale and bugs bunny never lose fights on cv and they abuse the hell out of toonforce

Popeye's strength comes from spinach. Does that mean he doesn't use toonforce either?

Those guys aren't allowed on here. Try harder.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet, objectively, Saitama has more feats than N52 Black Adam and he has better ones too.

That is an extremely bold & dangerous thing to say on this website. I advise you to prepare your anus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: I have been fighting the lonely fight for a long time. Many times have I had to use an anal bum cover (SNL reference). It's okay, I'm used to it.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#47 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Saitama is at least consisitent and is still on-going.

Broly is shit.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama is at least consisitent and is still on-going.

Broly is shit.

Broly is cooler than Saitama.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Well, I'll vouch for you! Let the truth be known despite opposition!

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saitama -.-

broly has been showing blowing up a galaxy.