Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh, another DCEU movie in development. Let's just throw that in the pile, with the I don't know six hundred other ones...

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SanoHibiki

Bah. They still couldn't fix damage done to Cav-El since B v S, but now trying to make a Supergirl movie?..

Ha, good luck with that.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Haven't watched the Jump Street movies. Were they any good?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this will be apart of the World of DC?

This is going to get confusing for the general audience. The Joker movie isn't in the WoDC, but the Supergirl movie (a character that hasn't been established yet in the cinematic universe) is integrated with it?

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dirtytree333:

It's Worlds of DC.

The Joker movie isn't in the WoDC

The Joker movie is still part of the Worlds of DC but not in the same world as MoS or the DCEU.

but the Supergirl movie (a character that hasn't been established yet in the cinematic universe) is integrated with it?

There's no better time to establish Supergirl than now or soon with her own movie.

But I personally like Zatanna more.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Oh, another DCEU movie in development. Let's just throw that in the pile, with the I don't know six hundred other ones...

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much this. They've got to stop announcing new movies left and right.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

While they damnear nothing to do with the old TV series, I personally find them hilarious. Jonah and Channing have great chemistry

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real talk tho

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dirtytree333:

It's Worlds of DC.

The Joker movie isn't in the WoDC

The Joker movie is still part of the Worlds of DC but not in the same world as MoS or the DCEU.

but the Supergirl movie (a character that hasn't been established yet in the cinematic universe) is integrated with it?

There's no better time to establish Supergirl than now or soon with her own movie.

But I personally like Zatanna more.

Just spent 3/5 of the movies of their cinematic universe building up Superman, so now they'll bring in Supergirl too. That's a good choice.

Any evidence that Joaquin Phoenix Joker's in the Worlds (lol) of DC?

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Amcu

I still don't know if we should trust WB's movie announcements as relates to DC.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They haven't really announced anything official yet. It's just some article knowing about an internal WB Supergirl project. it doesn't even have producers yet.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since B v S announcement, that i never really understood WB strategy for the DC based movies...

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah no.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For real, tho

We’re still technically getting Deathstroke, Nightwing, Batgirl, New Gods, etc. Is there any strategy?

And what happened to the core characters? When are we ever getting our Flash, GLC, and Man of Steel 2 movies?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:
@mutant1230 said:

For real, tho

We’re still technically getting Deathstroke, Nightwing, Batgirl, New Gods, etc. Is there any strategy?

And what happened to the core characters? When are we ever getting our Flash, GLC, and Man of Steel 2 movies?

Does there need to be a strategy? Seems like people are getting exactly what they wanted: set up. That stated flash has a director now iirc and Johns has been working on the green Lantern core script with the emphasis still be a buddy cop film, apparently. WB is probably waiting to negotiate with Cavil since his contract is up iirc.

DannyPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh, they should just focus on all the other movies they have planned instead of announcing a new movie in development every 3 weeks. It’s really not that hard

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

While they damnear nothing to do with the old TV series, I personally find them hilarious. Jonah and Channing have great chemistry

They had great casting. Ice cube , Dave franco and rob Riggle were great

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:
@mutant1230 said:

For real, tho

Apparently Flash is going to film early next year, but seriously it's not even so much that they're making so many movies it's that so many of them are spinoffs nobody even asked for! Why do Black Adam and Deathstroke need their own solo movies? Why not just make them villains to better develop sequels? Why would we need Batman and Nightwing trilogies happening at the same time? Why is Supergirl who's in pretty every iteration been a supporting character of Superman getting her own solo movie? Then there's talk that they're going to release all of these in like a six year span? With like five DC movies per year? In addition to everything from Marvel & Sony!?! -_-

You know, I don't really believe in superhero fatigue but honestly this might cause the closest thing to it. People are just going to get sick of the DC Universe if it's literally having a new movie every other month. I really hope they're just announcing all these projects to see which ones garner the most public interest and going off with them, because all of this extreme oversaturation of unnecessary content will not be good for anyone.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Uhuh, sure. It's going to happen just like Batgirl and Nightwing

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:
@mutant1230 said:

For real, tho

Apparently Flash is going to film early next year, but seriously it's not even so much that they're making so many movies it's that so many of them are spinoffs nobody even asked for! Why do Black Adam and Deathstroke need their own solo movies? Why not just make them villains to better develop sequels? Why would we need Batman and Nightwing trilogies happening at the same time? Why is Supergirl who's in pretty every iteration been a supporting character of Superman getting her own solo movie? Then there's talk that they're going to release all of these in like a six year span? With like five DC movies per year? In addition to everything from Marvel & Sony!?! -_-

You know, I don't really believe in superhero fatigue but honestly this might cause the closest thing to it. People are just going to get sick of the DC Universe if it's literally having a new movie every other month. I really hope they're just announcing all these projects to see which ones garner the most public interest and going off with them, because all of this extreme oversaturation of unnecessary content will not be good for anyone.

I 100% believe in superhero movie fatigue, and have talked with a lot of people who are already feeling it. We have so many superhero sequels, trilogies, and reboots, plus random movies being announced all the time, the general audience is already getting sick of it

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: You see, when I say I don't believe in "superhero fatigue" I mean I don't believe in the idea that people will lose interest in a variety movies in all different types of genres just because they're inspired from comic books. I don't think that will happen.

However, I do believe people can (and will) get tired of certain tropes and story elements that are frequently used in modern comic book movies. Like ever since the Avengers we've been getting a lot of CBMs with crazy world ending events, where a rag tag group of heroes all need to be recruited to stop the main villain from using their meaningless macguffin to shoot a laser beam into the sky, and proceed to beat up a bunch of fodder soldiers destroying a city. Considering how Justice League, The Defenders, and X-Men: Apocalypse did, I think we're already feeling it. After Avengers 4 CBMs will need to evolve and start exploring new ground to keep public interest.

I think the MCU already has plans to be "completely different" in phase 4, but the DCEU just seems to be announcing a bunch of films that are just going to be the same types of movies I already talked about. I mean, post Avengers 4 is probably the worst time to do a Flashpoint adaptation considering it hits every single check box I mentioned. The 500th reason they would've been better off waiting until the end of the trilogy...

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rem

This is getting ridiculous announcing a new movie every week. WB needs to stop planning and using up their villains and needs to focus on the development of their

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: That's true, I definitely think there'll always be a market for these movies. I know personally that I'll be seeing every CBM in theaters because I'm a frigging nerd.

The main issue is if, as you mentioned, we get more of the same-old-same-old. I was talking with a guy a while ago about movies in general, and he brought up the issue he had of every superhero getting a trilogy. To be fair, he only really knew of superheroes through the movies, but he felt that we were getting so many movies of so many heroes, and it all just felt like unnecessary white noise. Spider-Man was an example he brought up, with six movies and two reboots already.

Another person I talked with, one of my roommates at the time, said he actually missed the solo movies we got before the whole "shared universe" idea. The whole "superhero franchise" made him feel like there was too much to keep up with and too much to pay attention to in an expanded universe, which took away from the enjoyment of casual fans. These are totally anecdotal and by no means evidence, but it showed, at least to me, some portion of the general audience has already got to be feeling kinda sick of everything.

Again, I have no doubt that the majority of ComicVine, including myself, will still see all these movies in theaters, but this is a very niche website centered around a very niche interest

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: The whole cinematic universe model is bound to have some built in issues. I think the way to manage it largely comes down to not having such a tightly wound continuity. Like I said, after Avengers 4 Marvel seems to going back to more stand alone stories. By stand alone I don't mean they won't have crossover, I just mean their plots will be more self contained. Your roommate isn't wrong when he points that out. Every movie in Phase 3 barring Doctor Strange and GoTG 2 has been connected to Civil War or Infinity War, if not partially. The DCEU all have to do with the events of Man of Steel and the Arrowverse is all just connected together so tightly. I think that might just be a side effect of the big team ups being viewed as the be all end all of everything, when they should just be viewed as their own stories like everything else.

His white noise complaint is fair. I think that goes back to what I said about a lot of CBMs all trying to replicate the same general beats of one another. Black Panther made such a splash because it focused a lot on themes of political intrigue and afro-futurism over the ordinary tropes we keep seeing. That's why Solar_Nerd keeps insisting he wants the MCU X-Mansion to be more like hogwarts and less like Avengers Tower. It would give the X-Men their own distinct feel in the MCU. As opposed to the Fox movies which recently are becoming more and more like less well written Avengers movie that happen to star Mutants instead of Captain America and Iron Man.

That's another reason I'm concerned about DC making all these movies. Batman, Nightwing and Deathstroke are all going to feel samey no matter how to shake it. Doing three of them all around the same time period is going to feel like white noise no matter what. Supergirl, Wonder Woman, and Black Adam will have the exact same problem. What's ironic is that if they followed the mainstream Justice League line up they'd have street level Batman contrasted by larger than life Superman who would be responded to by Space opera Green Lantern, followed up by scientific exploration with the Flash, greek mythology with Wonder Woman, etc. It's their random nonsensical schedule that will make everything feel derivative.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't give two shits about their movie announcements really.

At this point, these announcements sound so pointless and pathetic, they might as well annouce a movie on Krypto the Superdog too before thinking about movies on the main characters. I mean where is the Man of Steel sequel

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: I was pretty skeptical when I first watched them but they're actually pretty damn funny, would recommend watching them.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230: I certainly hope we get good CBMs for years to come, although nothing in cinema and media ever stays the same way for too long. Something will shift, let's just hope these building universes can adapt!

I still don't think we need a Supergirl movie, though. At least not until we've gotten this generation's true on-screen Superman (because Henry Cavill is still the perfect man to deliver!)