#52 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17996 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:

and if the covers are spoilers

then so are these guys

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

they arent.

Black Widow and Hawkeye are leading the resistance and Steve just set Carol up to die alongside the Gotg

#53 Posted by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5652 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by RabumAlal (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the problem, this issue was a good read and so was #0.

#56 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear: Then it's some form of telepathy or mind control since there's no way Thor would willingly side with Hydra Cap knowing where his allegiances truly lie. I'm betting we'll get some explanation on that in the Secret Empire event.

#57 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

When you make a 'Hail Hydra' meme on the internet and the joke goes too far

I have to admit the Hail Hydra memes were the best thing to come out of the Hydra Cap reveal.

#58 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6566 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people mad about Gorr being right? He was right in a lot of ways

#59 Edited by Flash1812 (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: those are covers for the event,you know like themed ones......

Because hulk,widow and Hawkeye are the rebels

#60 Edited by TheWatcherKing (18334 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:
@lvenger said:

So not only was Thor an unworthy drunkard who was absolutely useless but now he's a Hydra lackey through some kind of mind control device?

For now no mind controlling of Thor was shown. So we can assume that he is also voluntary Hydra lackey.

Actually unless I am mistaken it was suggested that people's minds have been altered which would explain why no one is complaining that hydra took over.

No Caption Provided

@ig-88 said:

I find this story interesting, actually.

me too.

#61 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18334 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the problem, this issue was a good read and so was #0.

Good read or no (and it might be) it takes characters into a direction I don't like and it doesn't treat the country very well either. Less than what a month and already the US has completely transformed into a nazi state. A nation of nearly 400 million people just fell into line with teachers, newspapers, the military... Give it a year or two and maybe, but the comic makes it look like a month or two tops.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#63 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

Lesson here: Read DC comics and watch Marvel movies. Let's reward the folks doing it right.

#64 Edited by BlueHope (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

Inb4 Miles and Khamala defeat all those hydra heroes with the power of friendship or something.

#65 Posted by RabumAlal (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: What's the problem with taking characters in unexplored or weird directions? Of course this isn't permanent, Cosmic Cube is involved.

To your point about the country, it would make sense if they did 2 years but then we would have missed too much of the story and people stranded in space and New York would most likely be dead. It's also an extreme situation that we don't know about a lot yet. There might be an explanation to the rapid change in the country and there definitely is one for Hydra-Avengers. Captain America has been repeatedly mentioned as the smartest tactical mind (the Illuminati clowned him in Time Runs Out but that was when they were prepping against each other) and he caught everyone blindsided.

All in all, it's a good story, no need for lasting effects or major changes in Marvel. It's weird to see Cap being supreme leader and yet familiar to the Cap we know. The story will probably fail in many regards in its delivery but I'll wait and see.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#66 Posted by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this one of those Marvel's silly ideas?

#67 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else notice how Cap is using fluoride in the water to make people more docile? That's happening in real life, look it up.

#68 Posted by Heatforce (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Since you're a big Thor fan, doesn't he feel like the odd man out here? Why is he helping Hydra in your opinion?

#70 Edited by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: unless its the cosmic cube at work i dont know how he could possibly be working for hydra. they shouldn't be ale to keep a god like thor under their control like this even with powerful telepaths and fluoride water wouldn't do anything to thor.

#71 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: What's the problem with taking characters in unexplored or weird directions? Of course this isn't permanent, Cosmic Cube is involved.

To your point about the country, it would make sense if they did 2 years but then we would have missed too much of the story and people stranded in space and New York would most likely be dead. It's also an extreme situation that we don't know about a lot yet. There might be an explanation to the rapid change in the country and there definitely is one for Hydra-Avengers. Captain America has been repeatedly mentioned as the smartest tactical mind (the Illuminati clowned him in Time Runs Out but that was when they were prepping against each other) and he caught everyone blindsided.

All in all, it's a good story, no need for lasting effects or major changes in Marvel. It's weird to see Cap being supreme leader and yet familiar to the Cap we know. The story will probably fail in many regards in its delivery but I'll wait and see.

Yea but for some that is a part of the problem. Yea it's good to see weird directions, but this is a story that would have been in the old What-if as a single issue and probably would have been just as good. In fact there was a What-if where the 1950's Cap turned into much what we've seen Steve turn into. They idea that this will all be erased with zero or next to zero consequences bug me too. Sure Steve can be fixed, but what his Avengers team? The teacher we saw in this issue? All the troops? Dictators don't work alone, there are lot of people doing a lot of very bad things and I doubt very much if any of them will be called to account for them. That to me is a major flaw in the story. It's like when Norman Osborn whistled up all those HAMMER agents out of thin air. It just doesn't work for me.

#72 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Thor has been mind controlled by powerful telepaths several times before. Hydra probably has one making him work for them.

#73 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#74 Posted by Asgaard (4391 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Edited by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@asgardianbrony: Thor has been mind controlled by powerful telepaths several times before. Hydra probably has one making him work for them.

well IIRC red skull with xaviers brain needed to trick thor into thinking he was Odin. if a telepath/telepaths are controlling thor then there should be signs of struggle or he should at least not seem like himself. i think its gotta be the cosmic cube or other reality warping at work.

#76 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

well IIRC red skull with xaviers brain needed to trick thor into thinking he was Odin. if a telepath/telepaths are controlling thor then there should be signs of struggle or he should at least not seem like himself. i think its gotta be the cosmic cube or other reality warping at work.

That was Honest John who did that, not Red Skull. Xavier has casually TPed Thor along with a large group of Avengers, X-Men and Phoenix Five Namor during Avengers vs X-Men so it is well within Xavier's ability to TP Thor. Could be the Cosmic Cube though.

#77 Edited by uugieboogie (13075 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

Trash

#79 Edited by Xerolot (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony I'm calling it before it happens. Odin was all along a servant of Hydra and their leader is Spike (after adding Equestria to the Marvel canon). The plot twist is that Hydra was all along pony-nazi structure. Their main goal is kill Gandalf the Grey. They look like humans because of using the Changelings. The final battle will be Galactus vs Old man Geralt of Rivia who gained adamantium amplification/upgrades from Sauron.

#80 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerolot said:

@asgardianbrony I'm calling it before it happens. Odin was all along is servant of Hydra and their leader is Spike (after adding Equestria to the Marvel canon). The plot twist is that Hydra was all along pony-nazi structure. Their main goal is kill Gandalf the Grey. They look like humans because of using the Changelings. The final battle will be Galactus vs Old man Geralt of Rivia who gained adamantium amplification/upgrades from Sauron.

That makes too much sense....

No Caption Provided

#81 Posted by LDM (5361 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Edited by MainJP (5925 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#83 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17701 posts) - - Show Bio

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Logan, you will be missed but at least you aren't HYDRA.

#84 Posted by lordraiden (9663 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by IceDemonKing (9990 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#86 Posted by IceDemonKing (9990 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#87 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

well, if all these good guys are nazis, maybe marvel is right - nazis weren't so bad after all!

I kid. Please don't kill me.

#88 Posted by ImpurestCheese (12542 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by phillip33 (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

There's probably a reason people calm calm calm. It's been a good story so far though imo. I am very interested in what's compelling these heroes to fight for cap though.

#90 Posted by jashro44 (52475 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes sense. IIRC Hitler did trick Thor into fighting on his side. I could see a possibility of Thor going through a similar retcon/or transformation where its revealed Thor wasn't actually tricked. Granted I know fans would be pissed at that.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#91 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17701 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: With Thor/Caot thet have seemingly been HYDRA since the start. But at least he isn't a mutant killing extermist?

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#92 Edited by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations this thread gained the attention of the looney bin at BC.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/19/why-has-hydra-a-more-diverse-hiring-policy-than-shield-and-does-no-one-have-concerns-about-thor-being-a-nazi/

Just a word of warning Rich and his crew are hard left and any questioning or calling out some of his absurd theories on how the real world is tied to comics will get you banned.

#93 Posted by Arkbound (1666 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by Arkbound (1666 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly this thread is the only redeeming outcome of this event

#95 Posted by Asgaard (4391 posts) - - Show Bio

When will Bleeding Cool and other sites of the comic book bubble acknowledge the fact that outrage only can happen when people actually care about something? What data they need more? (lol) Comics sales dropping more than 10% each month? (We are almost there)

People can argue whatever they want, but seems clear that for the majority of Thor fan base (the ones who would be crucial to fuel the mentioned reaction/outrage) Jason Aaron destroyed this character and his world.... And only Thor Ragnarok ties us to this medium...

Obviously that the Pc news still can try to deny this reality and build an alternative one, but then just think why (currently) there is not any kind of Asgardian spin-offs, when (at least) since 2011 Thor movie till that whisper, there always were other Asgardian titles besides Thor...

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#96 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided