Brazil mayor stands up to SJW Marvel

#1 Edited by TobyMaguire (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

the evangelical mayor of Rio de Janeiro to confiscate books with LGBT content he considers “inappropriate” for minors, sparking fears among SJWs over censorship and discrimination.

warning NSFW
warning NSFW

Source

#2 Posted by Army2442 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

That is not going to turn out well, even as an Evangelical Christian myself I don't think that capital censorship is the way to go.

In short that isn't a hill worth dying on.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#3 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (26052 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't those two always been gay ever since the original Young Avengers run?

Why just get angry now?

#4 Posted by Richubs (7472 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao how stupid is this guy?

#5 Edited by Eminel (693 posts) - - Show Bio

SJW?

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
#6 Posted by DetectiveSomerset__ (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

SJW?

#7 Posted by mrmonster (17076 posts) - - Show Bio

So, freedom of speech is SJW now. Understood.

#8 Posted by TobyMaguire (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

So, freedom of speech is SJW now. Understood.

It was, is, and will be

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
#9 Posted by Supermanfan1938 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#10 Posted by Quinlan58 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that's terrible. Is it even legal? I'm pretty sure Bolsonaro will speak in favor of it, but without legal support such a measure won't last.

#11 Posted by DeathandGrim (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

This is beyond stupid

#12 Posted by Cloudguy (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Your wording of your title makes it sound like he's the one in the right.

#13 Posted by TobyMaguire (1376 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that's terrible. Is it even legal? I'm pretty sure Bolsonaro will speak in favor of it, but without legal support such a measure won't last.

The court ruled in his favour

#14 Posted by Quinlan58 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobymaguire: Alas poor Free Speech in Brazil. We barely knew you.

#15 Edited by Jgames (8417 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL the guy essentially gave free press to the book and helped boost sales with them being sold out. Also I thought most comic book are rated for teen already unless is different in Brazil.

Also IDK if it's SJW to want freedom of speech. But considering the op potentially being a troll and posting similar stuff like that, it is not surprising.

#16 Posted by cattlebattle (17982 posts) - - Show Bio

Based.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#17 Edited by buttersdaman000 (23224 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Quinlan58 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: well, that's better. Still worrying it took the president of the Supreme Court to overturn it, but better.

#19 Posted by Cloudguy (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

It's also not SJW to have LGBT characters. Wiccan and Hulking have been around for about 10 years.

#20 Edited by JohnCena69swag (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. I dont really agree with censorship in general but i dont see how this is any different from our government censoring nudity or violence.

#21 Posted by yuuki157 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

"SJW"

Pathetic,just like the mayor

#22 Posted by DeathandGrim (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. I dont really agree with censorship in general but i dont see how this is any different from our government censoring nudity or violence.

Our government doesn't actually censor that much. It usually takes something extreme to get a piece of media banned by the government (I.E. the tutorial book on how to be a hitman) otherwise most "censorship" comes from the broadcast networks just trying to avoid FCC fines. But the media itself can be distributed through other means.

#23 Posted by KanyeCosby (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn’t know that freedom of speech was SJW. Plus how is showing a gay relationship SJW. Please explain. I swear, people who are constantly whining about the SJWs and being outraged over every little thing are probably more annoying than actual SJWs.

#24 Posted by Mutant1230 (7079 posts) - - Show Bio

This mayor banning books for no reason other than they go against his religious beliefs is unbelievably backwards and stupid in a democratic society. It's as bad as what the SJWs do when they criticize and censor things for not conforming to their insane political ideology. The courts made a bad decision here.

#25 Posted by jashro44 (55187 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how you can equate a kiss between two gay people to nudity or violence.

#26 Posted by DanielDaRipper (6029 posts) - - Show Bio

A gay kiss from a comic book which I would assume barely any Brazilian reads is the least of their problems.