Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

So Boruto's first episode released today, whadda you guys think?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoiler:

Boruto has the tenseigan! or some other weird eye technique i dunno

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

I finished the episode 4 minutes episode before this post came out

I had a gut feeling you'd make this thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was hoping someone would make this thread.

After loving Naruto part 1, completely losing interest in Shippuden and later actively hating elements of it, and not really being a fan of the Boruto manga once it started doing its own thing....

I actually liked it a lot! It felt like a return to form for the series, like it was less about ridiculous eye powers, prophecies and giant explosions and more about an up-and-coming ninja trying his best to make his mark on the world. I know that what we got is basically filler until the manga puts out more original chapters, but frankly Boruto getting caught up in events outside of his control and making a new friend out of the subsequent adventure is far more appealing to me than watching him collect the Naruto version of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and it just screamed original Naruto to me. And the opening is exactly the kind of bouncy fun I missed from this franchise.

I'm personally hoping that this turns out to be a Dragon Ball Super situation, where the anime is significantly different from the manga despite sharing some elements, because this one episode has the entire manga beat so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and Konohamaru was a badass when boruto tried to fight him.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched it yet, but does it start off where the movie left off? Does it pull a DBS and remake the movie in it's own way? Does it follow what we've seen the all the manga so far?

Funny, I hate Naruto...but I think Boruto seems kinda kewl.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we supposed to see the movie first or is it its own thing?

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 higherpower  Moderator

@jaycool2: Major spoiler theory:

Could Denki be kawaki???

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 higherpower  Moderator

I haven't watched it yet, but does it start off where the movie left off? Does it pull a DBS and remake the movie in it's own way? Does it follow what we've seen the all the manga so far?

It starts fresh after the movie

movie comes canonically first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: That would be cool but weird. He seems like more of a one shot character.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 higherpower  Moderator

@jaycool2: True but they said the attack on Konoha happened several years later. And Boruto was significantly older so i think they're planning on making the series run for a long time. Denki could possibly be an important character but that thing that possessed him was 0___0

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

I have to re watch the movie before I start the anime.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

If only DBsuper had this much going on for it.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jaycool2 said:

Oh and Konohamaru was a badass when boruto tried to fight him.

Loading Video...

Hope we'll get a lot of good Konohamaru moments, I would have liked to see more from him in the first series

I'd like to see him be the Kakashi of this series

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2: True but they said the attack on Konoha happened several years later. And Boruto was significantly older so i think they're planning on making the series run for a long time. Denki could possibly be an important character but that thing that possessed him was 0___0

Fair enough, I'm mainly basing this on the fact that he has only been in the anime and nowhere else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan said:

I have to re watch the movie before I start the anime.

@queen_marceline said:

It starts fresh after the movie

@gotoucanario said:

movie comes canonically first

How can the movie come first if he just got into the Academy? He was taking the Chunin Exams in the film.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else thankful that they were smart enough to go with Kishimoto's designs for some of the characters?

They fixed Hinata and Nartuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pirateking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh better than I expected

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 higherpower  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: How dare you lie to me about an anime on the internet! >:o

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 higherpower  Moderator
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: It does and doesn't. Animation is back and forth and plot inconsistencies are at an all time high but the expanded mythos is very interesting and the new arc is looking good.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@nicksmi56: I'm going to watch it anyway, just to get refreshed, it's been awhile since I originally saw the movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thatduderox

I enjoyed it. It seemed like a return to the original formula that made Naruto so successful in the first place. By Shippuden, the characters were so powerful, that it became Dragon Ball 2.0. It's nice to see the average ninjitsu again. And Boruto is really likable. You can see the similarities, but also differences between him and his father at that age. Mostly how Boruto seems to be naturally skilled while his father was kind of a f***up.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Yassassin

It was okay, but I'd prefer if we were doing Genin stuff, instead of it being set in the Academy, but that because I have an irrational hatred for the school environment in anime.

Also BBW Anko

No Caption Provided

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baruto is a spoiled brat, after the pain that Naruto went through, Baruto adventure is just about an entitled kid. Fuck him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off topic ish: So was I the only one who was fine with op characters in shippuden? I kinda liked it.

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marc_55 said:

@jaycool2: You are not the only one.

I'm fine with it, when your 1st chapter of a series opens up with talks of mountain leveling and causing hurricanes I would be disappointed if it did not reach that level. As long as the battles keep Naruto-standard strategic fighting in I am cool with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2: It's not even the characters getting more powerful that I have a problem with. It's the way it was handled. The fights went from strategy, tactics, and using your jutsu to the fullest to "Aha! My eye power I got 2 billion years ago from my ancestors is more powerful than yours! I win!" Instead of seeing how each character fought and how they improved, it was just bigger and bigger explosions, to the point where the other characters became borderline useless by the end.

Add to that the fact that Shippuden totally dropped all the cool, powerful themes the first series had and I was done.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Yassassin

@jaycool2 said:

Off topic ish: So was I the only one who was fine with op characters in shippuden? I kinda liked it.

I didn't mind it all together, I mean the series tales you from page one, that our main character has a beast inside of him that can "destroy mountain with a single swing of his tail", and by the 3rd arc we already had giant avatar battles, and contrary to what people say, strategy held a very focused precedent well into the 5 Kages arc. Everything during and after the 5 Kage arc is what ultimately ruined Naruto for me.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gotoucanario

@nicksmi56 said:

@jaycool2: It's not even the characters getting more powerful that I have a problem with. It's the way it was handled. The fights went from strategy, tactics, and using your jutsu to the fullest to "Aha! My eye power I got 2 billion years ago from my ancestors is more powerful than yours! I win!" Instead of seeing how each character fought and how they improved, it was just bigger and bigger explosions, to the point where the other characters became borderline useless by the end.

Add to that the fact that Shippuden totally dropped all the cool, powerful themes the first series had and I was done.

This. Kishimoto ruined Naruto so bad during the War arc it's hard to believe it was done by the same person.

OT: Just watched the first ep of Boruto and I liked it, it has promise at least.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sums up my problem with Shippuden in a nutshell. The battles went from the complexity of a chess match to a game of connect four. By the 4th Ninja War, strategy and tactics all but went out the window. And with the exception of a very small few, only those with the connections to the Uchiha and Senju had any sort of relevance. It was just handled poorly. There's no way around that. If you want to look at a series that properly displays tactics over raw power, look no further than Hunter x Hunter. Then again Togashi is a much better writer than Kishimoto as a whole.

Shippuden threw away the concept of hard work overcoming natural talent, which was the main theme of the series. The story of the underdog. I think Kishimoto lost direction near the end of the story. I remember an interview where he basically said that he made Madara so powerful, that he wasn't sure how he was going to be defeated. That's never a good thing. It showed that very little forethought was going into that final arc, and it shows in the quality of the writing.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the first episode a lot.

Dayanalez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario: i guess you can say it gives you a good background story to boruto. You might want to but not necessary for the FIRST episode

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56:

Thank You! Someone who loves part 1 Naruto.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Heatforce

I really liked it. As much as I love Naruto, I always thought Kishi fell short in developing the side characters so I hope Boruto doesn’t fall into the same trap. It would have been easy to do, just have them do missions. Not everything had to focus on the central plot. I'm sure people would have loved to see what mission team Gai was on during the events of the pein arc. Tenten had a unique fighting style but it was never developed, neither was her crush on Neji.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was good, reminded me a bit of the original series. But what's the deal with Boruto's eye?

@jaycool2: Major spoiler theory:

Could Denki be kawaki???

I was thinking the same thing while I was watching it. Maybe that dark cloud could be how he get his markings.

@tvc-15 said:

It was okay, but I'd prefer if we were doing Genin stuff, instead of it being set in the Academy, but that because I have an irrational hatred for the school environment in anime.

Also BBW Anko

No Caption Provided

Lmao and this

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 higherpower  Moderator

Yea part 1 was wayyyy better than part 2

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_stegman  Moderator

@marc_55 said:

@jaycool2: You are not the only one.

I'm fine with it, when your 1st chapter of a series opens up with talks of mountain leveling and causing hurricanes I would be disappointed if it did not reach that level. As long as the battles keep Naruto-standard strategic fighting in I am cool with it.

While I do find it annoying that op characters like Obito and Madara just kept pulling out new jutsu, It didn't ruin the series like many exaggerate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone here like part 2? It wasn't as good, but I liked it as much. Also, anyone like the war arc?

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. It actually sucked me into it emotionally, which Naruto has failed to do for... bloody ages.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's canon or not though. It's tackling something that's not in the films or the manga, so I'm thinking it might be, but since it's an anime, and I think it was called an 'anime only story' in some of the promotional stuff it might not be.

I hope it is though, because that would mean that Boruto didn't rip out his mother's (or sister's) byakugan, which would be nice.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

I'm one of those people who strongly believed Pain should have been the final villain, and that arc the final arc. The pain arc was arguably the best arc in the series, I loved it and everything about the final fight gave me chills

I think 4th shinobi war arc was badly written. Kishi obviously couldn't think of a better way to transition the power from Madara to Kaguya without it not making sense so he just turned Madara into her, which was a really half-assed way for such an amazing character like Madara to die. And all the black zetsu stuffed felt rushed and was really confusing, and the entire 4th shinobi war was revealed to last only two days (ridiculous, I know.) Not to mention all the random powerups the characters were getting, it was just really messy

That being said I did like the way the series ended, and I liked the arcs building up to the war (like the kage summit and waterfall of truth) but other than that the series dipped in quality. Hopefully Boruto will be a breath of fresh air, and so far it is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: IMO Obito was a good villain when he was introduced, he really only dropped in quality when we saw his motivations(I ain't one for love stories). Madara was a good villain when was introduced, the mystery surrounding him was good, he just got weird at some point.

And to be fair Naruto earned every transformation up until SPSM, the same goes for sasuke with the rinnegan. Some of the transformations were handled well, while others fell flat in terms of introduction and foreshadowing, etc.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@jaycool2: Naruto as a whole is an enjoyable series. In terms of the characters, story arcs and writing, world building, and enjoyability it is far above Bleach but leagues below One Piece in terms of quality.

One Piece is the only show in the HST that's actually good

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_vulcan: Eh, I like one piece a little less then I like Naruto, but fair point. Everyone keeps telling me bleach is crap, and I've only gotten up too the soul society arc(I think) in the anime.

Imo Naruto and One piece are equals. They both have areas they strive in. For example, i think one pieces world building and writing consistency is better than Naruto's. But I think Naruto has better character development moments and at it's peak can beat OP in writing. Story arcs are honestly even for me where some arcs are better than others. Naruto's worst arc is the war, but it's not all bad I actually liked it. I have to wait for OP's ending thirty years from now to compare them.

Comedy is also equal for me, but I think OP would probably take the win when asking most people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this, its supposed to be made by kishi. Take it as you wish

No Caption Provided

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused, so are ninjas like a rare thing now? If so, that's lameeeee.