Bloodbending vs Sozin's Comet

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's stated by Katara that her bending strength surpassed Hama's, resulting in an immunity to bloodbending, and the Avatar State amplifies benders enough that they can overpower bloodbending. Sozin's Comet amplifies a firebender dozens, if not a hundred times over. Would master firebenders be too strong to be bloodbent?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 byondeon  Online

Katara is wrong, but would only apply to waterbender. Stop with these troll threads

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ANTHP2000

I was actually thinking about Sozin's Comet and the way it affects -- if it does -- firebenders' chakra. Firelord Sozin was believed to have lived for as long as he lived because he experienced the Comet, and firebenders have been described as drawing by solar power to then use their chi to create fire, which is fairly consistent with everything we saw in the original series regarding the sun and the eclipse. So if that is the case, there is certainly a chance they would be able to resist it easier than others could in theory, as it is chi energy that a bloodbender needs to overcome for the target to submit.

But it's obviously a no to complete and total immunity; Katara also simply resisted after focusing, if Hama wanted to knock her out from the beginning she would have. So I'm sorry Cola, but this is kind of always the bottom line from a VS perspective, lol.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always imagined only waterbenders had the capacity to resist it, so I don't think the Comet would really help.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By geekryan

I was actually thinking about Sozin's Comet and the way it affects -- if it does -- firebenders' chakra. Firelord Sozin was believed to have lived for as long as he lived because he experienced the Comet, and firebenders have been described as drawing by solar power to then use their chi to create fire, which is fairly consistent with everything we saw in the original series regarding the sun and the eclipse. So if that is the case, there is certainly a chance they would be able to resist it easier than others could in theory, as it is chi energy that a bloodbender needs to overcome for the target to submit.

But it's obviously a no to complete and total immunity; Katara also simply resisted after focusing, if Hama wanted to knock her out from the beginning she would have. So I'm sorry Cola, but this is kind of always the bottom line from a VS perspective, lol.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

I always imagined only waterbenders had the capacity to resist it, so I don't think the Comet would really help.

Pretty much, until we see anyone who isn't a waterbender/bloodbender like Katara or Amon(as emphasized in the DVD commentary in regards to power), 100% immunize themselves(sounds very Covid vaccine of me) from bloodbending.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@azronger said:

Pretty much, until we see anyone who isn't a waterbender/bloodbender like Katara or Amon(as emphasized in the DVD commentary in regards to power), 100% immunize themselves(sounds very Covid vaccine of me) from bloodbending.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers