Blog Entry: Gerard Valkyrie

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Mike_Strike10

๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ณ๐–Š๐–†๐–—๐–™ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฒ๐–”๐–‰ ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–—๐–‰ ๐–๐–†๐–‘๐–๐–ž๐–—๐–Ž๐–Š

"Do you know when the phenomenon known as a โ€œmiracleโ€ occurs? If a miracle were to occur at an ordinary moment nobody would think of it as such. 'Oh, hey.' 'You were pretty lucky there.' 'Strange things do happen.' Thatโ€™s all theyโ€™d think."

Character Theme: (In Progress)

NameGerard Valkyrie
CreatorTite Kubo
First Appeared InChapter 599: Too Early Too Win Too Late To Know
WeaponHis Blade Hoffnung, His Sheild and His Bow Heilig Bogen
SobriquetThe Heart of the Soul King and"M" - The Miracle
AttitudeBold, Reckless, and Prideful
FactHe is based off of the Medival Wars
Time Of DeathChapter 680: The End2

Key Terms:

• Reiryoku: A source of power aligned with the spiritual sensitivity and willpower of the user. Every spiritual being and every Human has a certain amount of Reiryoku.
  • Reiatsu: The power released by Bleach characters. This scales to their durability.
  • Reishi: Spirit particles, it is the material that makes up souls and spiritual matter. Hueco Mundo, Soul Society, and beings that live in them are entirely made up of Reishi. It is also a source of energy used by Quincy for their weapons, arrows, and abilities like Blue Vene.

๐•ป๐–—๐–Š๐–‘๐–š๐–‰๐–Š: ๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ฝ๐–Ž๐–˜๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–๐–†๐–‘๐–๐–ž๐–—๐–Ž๐–Š

Starting off, I would like to say that I really didn't care much for Gerard. However, the more research I do, the more I find myself enjoying him. Usually, I don't enjoy the big and reckless character archetype but I realize now that he is much more than that. Gerard is a really simple character when it comes to power and speed. He scales above the likes of Toshiro, Kenpachi, and Byakuya. He is also a really annoying character to fight as well. So, I hope you enjoy learning about this behemoth.

๐•ฒ๐–”๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฟ๐–๐–š๐–“๐–‰๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด: ๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•บ๐–›๐–Š๐–—๐–•๐–”๐–œ๐–Š๐–—๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐•ฑ๐–”๐–—๐–ˆ๐–Š

Gerard is a very powerful force. Early on in his transformations, he was stomping multiple captain class and lieutenant class shinigami.

Bleach Chapter 658: Fatal Matters Are Cold
Bleach Chapter 658: Fatal Matters Are Cold

However, Gerard's best feats come from being able to fight Kenpachi on equal grounds.

No Caption Provided
Bleach Chapter 668: Bigger, Faster, Stronger
Bleach Chapter 668: Bigger, Faster, Stronger

This was Kenpachi with his shikai released. Just base Kenpachi before he was powered up from his fight with Unohana was already above the Vasto Lorde that faced Ulquiorra Schiffer. He even got stronger at the end of the novel.

Spirits Are Forever With You

This is very impressive because Vasto Lorde's opponent performed feats such as this.

Bleach Chapter 351: The Lust 5
Bleach Chapter 351: The Lust 5

This attack has the power to destroy all of Las Noches in size. This is impressive because Las Noches is at least a Large Island in size based on Nel's statement.

The Vasto Lorde was so strong that it grabbed the same attack that did this and crushed it with his bare hands.

This is already in the country level tier (most likely higher since the Vasto Lorde was at half power). However, Kenny gets much stronger.

For example, he got stronger each time he died and Unohana killed him multiple times which continued to increase his power.

Bleach Chapter 525: Edges

Each time he died he got stronger and just his base was country-level in power. With all of these power-ups, Kenny should be in the large country tier in base. After this Zaraki unlocks his shikai and with its power boost, Kenny would already be in the Continental tier at the lowest.

What's even more impressive is that Gerard was not only facing him on equal grounds but even overpowering him.

Bleach Chapter 670: The Perfect Crimson
Bleach Chapter 670: The Perfect Crimson

After being cut in half by Kenpachi in Bankai Gerard grows even more powerful thanks to his power. He gets another power boost after this one when he comes back from Toshiro's bankai once again. With all of these power boosts Gerard should easily be in the Continental range.

Moving on, Gerard might not seem like a speed-based character but you would be very shocked how wrong that statement is. Even characters who absolutely irrelevant to him in speed are already performing MHS to relativistic feats.

And then, utilizing a transfer technique which employed the use of shadows characteristic of the โ€œWandenreichโ€ and derived from the 'equipmentโ€™ Mayuri had prepared, she was able to throw an extra large bolt of lightning at point-blank range towards her targets

The thunderstorm which even surpasses natureโ€™s lightning, was mostly absorbed into the ground through the large tree, meanwhile the flank attack generated by the thunderstorm was repelled in the same fashion as before by the big sword in the possession of the man with the black jacket.

We know Candice is able to react to Ginjoโ€™s attacks because of this

Candice narrowly leapt backwards as the place she had been was sheared by the blade of the large sword, which glinted silver.

โ€œHuhโ€ฆ?!โ€

An electric chill ran down Candiceโ€™s spine.

As she twisted her body and leapt to the side, the attack unleashed by the sword ripped through the reishi in the air and grazed her. The slashing attack plunged through the smoke that came from the gigantic, lightningsinged tree, and eventually pierced the side of a distant hill and blew part of the slope away.

Now, Electrocution > any lightning in nature, and base Ginjo reacted to it and deflected it at point-blank range.

Base on this study, lightning can go up to 1400000 m/s which is mach 4114, and Electrocution is much faster than that. And that's just base Ginjo btw, he also has Shikai and Bankai on top of this (and FB Bankai Ichigo was superior to him).

Credit to @ovy7

This makes sense already with characters like Ulquiorra being in that same ballpark in the speed category thanks to his scaling.

Starting off, we have Ichigo's infamousMach 500dodging feat, where he dodged aMach 500 sword from a few meters away while surprised.By using a time calculator, Ichigo would have 1.066355E-5 seconds(Near a microsecond) in terms of reaction speed and drawn out it's, .00001066355andusing this, Bankai Ichigo's Reaction speed would be in the Sub-Relative+ section. (I used this calculator)(5-10% Lightspeed).

Credit: MantraXSP

Knowing that Ichigo in reality did that while weakened and Ulq blitzed him in just first release form is very impressive. Even if you argue a bankai does not multiply your stats a resurrection definitely does.I know this because Ichigo was giving Ulq trouble in his hollowfication while Ulq was in his base form.

No Caption Provided

However, after transforming he absolutely crushes him.

No Caption Provided

Now, that I have established that even Bleach mid-tiers are in the MHS to Relatavstic of speed I can provide you with two FTL feats that are consistent.

First, we have a feat performed by a member of the Zero Division.

No Caption Provided
Bleach Chapter 602: Bane Licking Good
Bleach Chapter 602: Bane Licking Good

In this feat we see him move before his shadow which is very easily an FTL feat. Now, the question is this consistent? Well, the answer is yes. You see this member of the Royal Guard is either a high top tier in the verse or a low god tier in the verse. This is consistent because everyone involved here are easily high tiers in the verse.

The second feat is one performed by Kenpachi himself (the person Gerard in weaker forms was keeping up with).

โ€œAt that instant to an observer at that point, it would appear as if they're under the illusion that the surrounding environment's time stopped. You may notice that Hikone, who should have been crossing swords in the distance with Kenpachi, was standing right behind Aura. What kind of movement did Hikone use? It can't just be speed. While arriving from that elevation at speed within an instant, Hikone was landing at that spot with raising a single piece of dust. Yet it is a spectacle that even the force of gravity and inertia are distorted by his reiatsu and technique, that most people aren't even able to react immediately in the face of that seemingly beautiful movement. Only one person was capable of reacting. There was no trace of hesitation, even in the middle of crossing blades with Kenpachi, only Hisagi understood that Hikone would go to attack Aura immediately, in order to protect Aura's rear, he stood in Hikone's way.โ€

โ€œIn the world of special relativity, time appears to stop when an object moves at light speeds. The reason it words it as โ€œunder the illusionโ€ is because in Hikoneโ€™s reference frame (or the observer at that point) it would appear as time is stopped, but to everyone in the inertial rest frame time still proceeds; hence, it being an illusion. Itโ€™s even stated that Hikoneโ€™s movement distorts inertia, which would imply that Newtonian physics cannot be used to describe Hikoneโ€™s motion.โ€

Credit to @ovy7 for this as well.

This is even crazier when you realize Kenny was fighting Hikone in base previously. That puts Kenny at FTL in base. With his shikai Kenpachi is easily FTL as well. This same Kenpachi was beaten by Gerard.

With all of this in mind, Gerard is easily FTL.

๐•ฒ๐–”๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฟ๐–๐–š๐–“๐–‰๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด๐•ด: ๐•ฟ๐–๐–Š ๐•ธ๐–Ž๐–—๐–†๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–Š ๐–‚๐–”๐–—๐–๐–Š๐–—

Here is where things start to get crazy. Gerard's power is insane.

Bleach Chapter 655: The Miracle
Bleach Chapter 655: The Miracle

Have you ever heard the saying bigger is better? Well, this is that saying personified. This power allows Gerard to pretty much come back from basically anything bigger and stronger. This ability is so much more insane than you can imagine. But, I don't need to tell you that I will let the feats speak for themselves.

No Caption Provided
Bleach Chapter 667: Bigger, Louder, Stronger

Gerard regenerates his lost arm stronger than before. He also has shown the power to regenerate from being cut in half (again bigger and stronger). Finally, the most insane thing his power has shown is its ability to bring him back from being frozen (the ice was absolute zero by the way) and being massacred by Byakuya's strongest attack.

Bleach Chapter 671: The Perfect Crimison2 and Bleach Chapter 672: Son of Darkness
Bleach Chapter 671: The Perfect Crimison2 and Bleach Chapter 672: Son of Darkness

๐•ฒ๐–”๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ฟ๐–๐–š๐–“๐–‰๐–Š๐–— ๐•ด๐•ด๐•ด: ๐•ฒ๐–—๐–Š๐–†๐–™ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐–Ÿ๐–Š ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–Š๐–˜ ๐•ฒ๐–—๐–Š๐–†๐–™ ๐–‚๐–Š๐–†๐–•๐–”๐–“๐–˜

Gerard is not only physically crazy strong but he also has some very deadly tools at his disposal. The first and most powerful of his tools is his blade "Hoffnung". This is a giant blade that increases Gerard's range and is durable enough to trade blows with Kenpachi Zaraki's sword Nozarashi. It's much more than a simple sword.

It transfers the damage that the blade receives to the person that damaged it. Even a little scratch caused a huge wound to Kenpachi Zaraki. Taking the blade's size into consideration Gerard can use it as a defensive and offensive tool. Speaking of defensive Gerard also has a huge shield which he can use for offense and defense. The final weapon Gerard has access to is his bow "Heilig Bogen".

Bleach Chapter 671: The Perfect Crimson2
Bleach Chapter 671: The Perfect Crimson2

Like all Quincy weapons this bow fires arrows made out of Gerard's reiastu.

๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–‘๐–”๐–Œ๐–š๐–Š: ๐•ฒ๐–”๐–‰'๐–˜ ๐•ฎ๐–๐–”๐–˜๐–Š๐–“ ๐•พ๐–”๐–‘๐–‰๐–Ž๐–Š๐–—

Overall, Gerard is a very dangerous opponent. He is like Bleach's Doomsday. The more you fight him the stronger he gets. Adding on, his surprisingly good weaponry I believe he is a force to be reckoned with!

No Caption Provided
Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61e6cc9d7a484
deactivated-61e6cc9d7a484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mantraxsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been waiting on this one. Good to see it.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this due to Gerard's Quincy Cross Weaknesses, now before anyone says anything, only base and God Form Gerard would have a cross/core, albeit what is capable of destroying it is up to interpretation.

Later on however, both Vollstandig First and Second form straight up don't have a core so it's either due to Gerard evolving past the need for a core or that Vollstandig no longer has a core.

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangacomics69: Dang, you reminded me I posted this. I could give it a few touch ups. In regards to the Quincy Cross it is not a point against Gerard as it is never stated how to destroy it or if power has anything to do with it.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangacomics69: Dang, you reminded me I posted this. I could give it a few touch ups. In regards to the Quincy Cross it is not a point against Gerard as it is never stated how to destroy it or if power has anything to do with it.

True, though most Naruto fans just go with the assumption that AP is enough, but the method of how to destroy it is uncertain for sure.

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangacomics69: If there's nothing stated about it, then it would be up to Bleach fans to prove that something other than power is needed to destroy it, not the other way around. As far as anyone else is concerned, anyone above Bankai Kenny should be able to end it.

Mike_Strike10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majesticstar: No, that is not how it works. You would need sufficient evidence to prove one interpretation is more genuine than the other. As it stands, neither interpretation has evidence to back it up at the moment. Hence why I stated we have no idea how the cross can be destroyed. This will most likely be clarified in the future. But as it stands, we don't know if power is the way to destroy it.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MangaComics69
@majesticstar said:

@mangacomics69: If there's nothing stated about it, then it would be up to Bleach fans to prove that something other than power is needed to destroy it, not the other way around. As far as anyone else is concerned, anyone above Bankai Kenny should be able to end it.

Again, this is still interpretations, why would we need to prove something other than power is enough? Either way, nobody even knows if AP is enough to destroy the core. And there's no evidence that AP is enough to so.

Like just find me proof within the manga, like scans that support this.

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajesticStar

@mangacomics69: @mike_strike10:

Occam's razor. "Destroying" the core implies using brute power to destroy. This is a closer interpretation than removing it with hax. The fact that Kubo even mentioned something about destroying the core in the context of Kenpachi (who only has brute power) points to Kenny simply not having enough power to destroy it, and he would've defeated Gerard if he did have enough power.

Though we have no confirmation of anything, it is very much reasonable to assume Ken+ power is enough to bust it.

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheEmperor95  Online

@majesticstar: more power isn't needed to destroy it. Gerard already had his entire head and upper body destroyed by byakuya while he was in base (meaning the cross had to be destroyed as well) and still resurrected just fine. Adding more power wouldn't change that as the cross would've already been destroyed and came back. Clearly some type of hax is needed

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theemperor95: Clearly the cross wasn't destroyed by Byakuya otherwise he would've been defeated as per Kubo's statement. You need to prove hax is needed to take it out and what type of hax.

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theemperor95: Clearly the cross wasn't destroyed by Byakuya otherwise he would've been defeated as per Kubo's statement. You need to prove hax is needed to take it out and what type of hax.

Where is Gerardโ€™s Quincy cross located?

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer: Did Byakuya use hax to pulverise Gerard? Was Gerard defeated?

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NinjaRizer
@majesticstar said:

@ninjarizer: Did Byakuya use hax to pulverise Gerard? Was Gerard defeated?

Nope, he used pure force.

Was Gerard defeated? No.

Before we go back and forth with the questions, let me show you something you might have missed.

Bankai Kenpachi could not match Ashtonig Gerard. Ashtonig Gerard is far stronger than Bankai Kenpachi, wherein the power Bankai Kenpachi needs to actually match one of Gerardโ€™s strikes explodes his body:

What did Bankai Toshiro do?

No Caption Provided

In a single, casual stroke.

Does Bankai Toshiro have WAY more raw power than Bankai Kenpachi?

Absolutely not. It would be ridiculous to even assert this.

This means that Toshiroโ€™s freezing negates durability.

Do you see where Iโ€™m going with this?

No Caption Provided

Gerard was frozen to the core, his durability was negated. His head was completely pulverised and he crumbled to oblivion.

If his Cross is actually located in his head (LOL), why wasnโ€˜t the durability of the Quincy across negated and destroyed?

He doesnโ€™t have a Quincy Cross in Volstandig.

Letโ€™s then abandon Occamโ€™s Razor and assume his Cross moves around his body, maybe next itโ€™s located in his stomach, or his knee

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By EstrellaDeLeon

The cross only appears in specific instances, and it's doubtful final form Gerard even has a "core" anymore.

Good job anyways Mike you lazy ass, just like me fr.

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MangaComics69
@estrelladeleon said:

The cross only appears in specific instances, and it's doubtful final form Gerard even has a "core" anymore.

Good job anyways Mike you lazy ass, just like me fr.

^^^ Punching & Donuting Gerard won't just make it appear out of nowhere unless you have Luck manipulation....

Also I bumped this just to remind the bum regarding Gerard's weaknesses.

Undre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toshiro negated his durability on a atomic level. It's more accurate to say he was atomized. And it still wasn't enough

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheEmperor95  Online

@majesticstar: the cross resides in gerard head...that means it was destroyed by default...

Edit: I don't need to prove what type of hax would work lol I'm simply showing that hax is needed. You would need to prove that whatever hax said character has would work

TheEmperor95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEmperor95  Online

@ninjarizer: even before that he got his entire upper body destroyed by byakuya (which caused him to go giant in the first place). Thereby destroying the cross in the process. Can't even argue it moved as gerard wasn't even expecting it to happen

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer: Kubo explicitly said destroy core=defeat Gerard. Byakuya attacked Gerard and he wasn't defeated, therefore meaning the core wasn't destroyed. I fail to see the hole in my logic here.

And I'm perfectly with Gerard's later forms not having this weakness, although if I remember correctly Vollstandig did have the cross? Aschtonig and above didn't.

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majesticstar:

Kubo explicitly said destroy core=defeat Gerard.

He actually didnโ€™t just say that. Iโ€™ll quote it:

Had it been destroyed he would've been defeated. Had he been capable of destroying it.

The second sentence is a clarification. Had Kenpachi been capable of destroying the Cross, Gerard would have been defeated. Where is the mention of Toshiro, and Byakuya?

Thatโ€™s an extrapolation on your end. All his forms should be judged differently, because his ressurection is clearly different.

Byakuya attacked Gerard and he wasn't defeated, therefore meaning the core wasn't destroyed. I fail to see the hole in my logic here.

There isnโ€™t a hole, Iโ€™m fine with Gerards Cross being able to be destroyed by AP, but we donโ€™t know what that AP is, and it seems like there is a specific moment to do it

And I'm perfectly with Gerard's later forms not having this weakness, although if I remember correctly Vollstandig did have the cross? Aschtonig and above didn't.

Ashtonig is the Volstandig.

His Giant Form is technically base, Volstandig is ysually invoked by a Quincy Cross, thereโ€™s a reason behind his linking back to Letzt Stil and the Leidant Handt which is irrelevant

Glad we ageee

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MajesticStar

@ninjarizer:

He actually didnโ€™t just say that. Iโ€™ll quote it:The second sentence is a clarification. Had Kenpachi been capable of destroying the Cross, Gerard would have been defeated. Where is the mention of Toshiro, and Byakuya?

Thatโ€™s an extrapolation on your end. All his forms should be judged differently, because his ressurection is clearly different.

The question was in the context of Kenpachi. Kenpachi boasts a crapton of power, but not enough to be able to destroy, hence why Gerard resurrected. Clearly some level of power (which Ken lacked) is enough to destroy it, otherwise Kubo wouldn't have mentioned something about him being capable of doing the deed.

There isnโ€™t a hole, Iโ€™m fine with Gerards Cross being able to be destroyed by AP, but we donโ€™t know what that AP is, and it seems like there is a specific moment to do it

We don't know indeed, but assuming Bankai Kenpachi+ power is a reasonable assumption in my eyes.

Ashtonig is the Volstandig.

His Giant Form is technically base, Volstandig is ysually invoked by a Quincy Cross, thereโ€™s a reason behind his linking back to Letzt Stil and the Leidant Handt which is irrelevant

Glad we ageee

I'm pretty sure he went Vollstandig when he grew wings after Ken knocked him off the edge? And that Ashtonig was the form he took after being split in half? Or I must be confusing the terms here.

But either way I am of the opinion that Gerard has the cross weakness up until the form he had in his fight with Kenpachi. After that it's fair game. It would make 0 sense for him not have this weakness in base, get it after he grows in size and then lose it again. We can agree on that I believe.

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MajesticStar

@ninjarizer: On a seperate note, sometimes Gerard seems to regenerate from the ambient Reishi in the air. Is it a silly downplay to say putting in a battlefield (in the context of a debate) without the ambient Reishi means Gerard won't regenerate or is this a fair concern?

NinjaRizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer: On a seperate note, sometimes Gerard seems to regenerate from the ambient Reishi in the air. Is it a silly downplay to say putting in a battlefield (in the context of a debate) without the ambient Reishi means Gerard won't regenerate or is this a fair concern?

Reishi is soul matter, in Bleach Gerard would be able to regenerate everyone considering every object and thing has a soul even in the World of the Living

I do think itโ€™s a fair concern if we consider the fact other verses donโ€™t have ambient souls floating around or realms iโ€™m entirely made of soul matter.

The issue is that Gerardโ€™s ability breaks down reishi into energy (just like Sklaverei) which is why we say he can regen from energy in the air other verses but the obvious contention is there though

MajesticStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjarizer: Fair. I personally wouldn't even use that argument in the first place since we've seen Gerard regen enough times from his own body to suggest regening from Reishi is an option and not a necessity.

Avatar image for orientalwarrior
OrientalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangacomics69: Luck manipulation huh! Then, if someone let's say Midora starts donuting Gerard, he will destroy the core?

MangaComics69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MangaComics69
@orientalwarrior said:

@mangacomics69: Luck manipulation huh! Then, if someone let's say Midora starts donuting Gerard, he will destroy the core?

Yep, that's how it works my man, cuz it's hax.

Avatar image for orientalwarrior
OrientalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weqinoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By weqinoran

Even freezing him and tearing him to shreds doesnโ€™t work as he can just reform. Is there an actual way of defeating him (not including the Aushwalen)? Or is there anyone that can actually defeat him https://vidmate.onl/?