User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Space_Coyote
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am not really interested in this movie at all, but this is intriguing if true. I'd love to see an R rated MCU movie. And Nat seems like the perfect character for that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jashro44  Online

It'll make even less money.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Honestly, I doubt they are going for money grab with Widow. If they did, they'd make an A Force movie instead. Regardless, the budget will also be low if they are going for an R rating. More grounded and gritty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: They spent $170 million on the winter soldier and I feel that the BW movie is going for those vibes. So it could still be high.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: They spent $170 million on the winter soldier and I feel that the BW movie is going for those vibes. So it could still be high.

They'd almost definitely not be able to break even if they go for 170m budget. No one is really invested in Nat as a character and making it R rated makes it even more inaccessible. If they go with an R rating, I think John Wick is the movie to follow. It was made with just 20m budget. Obviously, with Scar Jo and Disney involved, it will go higher, but anything above 80 will be a bad decision.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Richubs

Would be nice

I'd like to see her past as dark as they imply it up to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Again it really depends what they decide to go for. If it ties in with SHIELD heavily then I can see it being high, if its a solo origin or spy thriller yes it can be low.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Again it really depends what they decide to go for. If it ties in with SHIELD heavily then I can see it being high, if its a solo origin or spy thriller yes it can be low.

Yeah, there is no way to say right now. Hopefully, they include Clint in it, so I'm at least a little bit interested.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

Source of this is fairly weak, but I would like to see them revive the Marvel Knights brand now that they can release via FOX.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@jashro44: I wonder if she’;

A. The sacrificial lamb to test the Rated R market for them or.

B. They actually have a great story that has to be rated R.

Maybe it will be released under the Fox Brand once they own it?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jashro44 said:

Think you're overestimating how much money Marvel is expecting from this movie. Logan grossed over 600 million, Deadpool grossed over 700 million. I'm expecting Marvel would be satisfied with something in that ballpark.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Black Widow isn't Wolverine or deadfool, she can't pull an audience like them. Not many people care about her.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

@theamazingspidey: Black Widow isn't Wolverine or deadfool, she can't pull an audience like them. Not many people care about her.

Weren't people saying the same thing about Aquaman a month ago? Weren't people saying Guardians of The Galaxy will flop because no one knows who they are? Remember how Iron Man was a C+ list hero and the first Iron Man was still a huge success?

Black Widow is already more established in the mainstream than any of the people I listed were. Deadpool wasn't any more famous when his first movie came out than Black Widow is right now, yet the movie became a huge success. Audiences don't care as long as the marketing is great and the movie is fun, and there's nothing to say that audiences won't show up for a Black Widow movie.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be very annoyed if it was.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

I'd be very annoyed if it was.

Why?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Generally I don't watch R rated movies in the theater. Still haven't seen either Deadpool film. Not a fan of profanity or nudity, particularly when you can't skip it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@theamazingspidey: Generally I don't watch R rated movies in the theater. Still haven't seen either Deadpool film. Not a fan of profanity or nudity, particularly when you can't skip it.

Ah fair enough.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

Weren't people saying the same thing about Aquaman a month ago? Weren't people saying Guardians of The Galaxy will flop because no one knows who they are? Remember how Iron Man was a C+ list hero and the first Iron Man was still a huge success?

Black Widow is already more established in the mainstream than any of the people I listed were. Deadpool wasn't any more famous when his first movie came out than Black Widow is right now, yet the movie became a huge success. Audiences don't care as long as the marketing is great and the movie is fun, and there's nothing to say that audiences won't show up for a Black Widow movie.

No they weren't so that is a false statement and is also irrelevant because Aquaman wasn't rated R. People liked him in Justice League and his movie was highly anticipated after the trailers and he continued to get hype and is now at 1billion. Other examples are supposed to prove that a R Rating about a non popular non super powered stale low end female hero. Yeah its fact she won't be getting much with an R-Rating, kids won't even beg their parents to go see it, and Marvel's main audience is already skeptical and think that Scarlet is a meh actor.

Deadfool was somehow 20× more popular than Black Widow will ever be lol. His fans cried for generations after they saw him in Origins. Plus Black Widow won't be original since 2 movies beforehand copied it, Red Sparrow and Atomic Blonde, never seen either but I know they are boring and dumb. Idea of Black Widow leading a film is laughable

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Nat is a good fit for it. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait for CV to prove once again that it's totally not sexist with Black Widow just like it did with Captain Marvel

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

@kevd4wg said:

I feel like Nat is a good fit for it. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait for CV to prove once again that it's totally not sexist with Black Widow just like it did with Captain Marvel

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how I feel about this. After so many PG-13 movies, it would just feel weird to have an R rated one. Maybe I'd feel differently if this was a brand new character, but for one we've seen 7 times in PG-13, I don't think it'll feel right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really doubt it.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how I feel about this. After so many PG-13 movies, it would just feel weird to have an R rated one. Maybe I'd feel differently if this was a brand new character, but for one we've seen 7 times in PG-13, I don't think it'll feel right.

Since it's a prequel, it could be a good contradiction from the MCU. Show what SHIELD/Fury/The Spies either had to do before superheroes to protect the world or like in Original Sin, what they have to do to protect the world so that Superheroes can stay in their moral high ground. If they play this right, the rating could act as a device to show that basically, heroes can't do everything and that it takes someone like Black Widow to do some jobs

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jashro44  Online

@theamazingspidey: Wolverine and deadpool are both extremely popular characters. I don't know if deadpool was more well known than black widow is now but I think he is a more popular character even before his first movie.

Black widow could pull surprising numbers but I don't think it will. Aquaman brought a unique fantasy world to the table and I think that is part of the reason it did so well. Black widow is likely going to try and be a spy thriller and that's been done before.

Obviously I can be wrong. But I don't think black widow has the appeal deadpool and wolverine has.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

At this point I think a Disney+ show would be a better option.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Scarjo will be naked for half of the movie and everyone will come just to see those scenes, nice.

Quotang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not while Marvel's owned by Disney.