Black Panther or Avengers: Infinity War?

• 90 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Black Panther or Avengers: Infinity War? (184 votes)

Black Panther 12%
Avengers: Infinity War 88%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity war easily. Finally seeing all the characters join forces tops anything we've seen imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 skywalker95  Online

Infinity war easily. Finally seeing all the characters join forces tops anything we've seen imo

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther is a solid movie but Infinity War is better in every aspect.

Avatar image for charliechampion
CharlieChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both amazing but I like team movies better. So IW.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther, loved it, but I love Infinity War more. Too fun seeing everyone join the party.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers: Infinity War

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't beat the "event". We waited so long for it and Marvel absolutely delivered.

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther was great and probably technically was a better film, but IW is a Marvel fan's wetdream.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, INFINITY WAR.

Black Panther remains my fav solo MCU tho

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Black Panther is a better film and I think has better rewatchability. We’re all hyped about AIW right now (with good reason), but I think BP will have more value five or ten years from now.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love BP and it's top 5 in my Mcu list becuz it is different and what the genre needed a shot of.

But IW is truly on another level. It's up there with TDK and Spider-man 2 as all time best CBM movie imo. It's not fan service or not an all Stars 'look what we can do cuz we're so successful, let's toot our own horn' extravaganza. On a film making level, it is a remarkable feat and just a once in a while truly great film that was pulled together.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Infinity War

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like comparing the solo to team-ups. Black Panther,Winter Soldier & Infinity War are my No.1 though.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War godstomp

Avatar image for charliechampion
CharlieChampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is nuts. Black Panther is the only solo hero in the top 10 ww.

1AvatarFox$2,788.0$760.527.3%$2,027.572.7%2009^
2TitanicPar.$2,187.5$659.430.1%$1,528.169.9%1997^
3Star Wars: The Force AwakensBV$2,068.2$936.745.3%$1,131.654.7%2015
4Jurassic WorldUni.$1,671.7$652.339.0%$1,019.461.0%2015
5Marvel's The AvengersBV$1,518.8$623.441.0%$895.559.0%2012
6Furious 7Uni.$1,516.0$353.023.3%$1,163.076.7%2015
7Avengers: Age of UltronBV$1,405.4$459.032.7%$946.467.3%2015
8Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2WB$1,341.5$381.028.4%$960.571.6%2011
9Black PantherBV$1,333.7$688.451.6%$645.348.4%2018
10Star Wars: The Last JediBV$1,332.4$620.246.5%$712.253.5%2017
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator

IW, I liked BP but not to that degree. It's TWS level.

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't get how avatar was so popular.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War is infinitely more hype than Black Panther, and I loved Black Panther. Black Panther may be more important of a movie, especially for representation and black culture, but IW is a cultural event of a slightly larger magnitude. It's close but IW is better. These two movies contain all the best MCU villains though, I can say that much. Between Thanos, Loki and Killmonger.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much for the Rotten Tomatoes critics saying Black Panther is better. It is not even close.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP is the most overrated movie I’ve ever seen. It was absolute garbage before Micheal B Jordan started getting more screen time.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther was a better movie

Infinity War was better nerdgasm fulfillment

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP is the most overrated MCU movie for known reasons. IW is better in every aspect.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

These two are different movie all together bc yes they are both mcu superhero movie, but one is self contain, one is the combination of all the MCU film put in a film and meant to be a first parter. I felt like Infinity war was about as great of a movie as it could had been. BP was great, but the action scene were underwhelming aside for the car chase scene, the effects were not that great, but the style and world building overcame that, but I felt that it could improve in some area. So infinty war for me, but not by much.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity war.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By byrd42

Looking at how much Rotten Tomato users like Infinity War compared to how many liked Black Panther (93% vrs 79%) and how much better it scored on IMDB (9.0 vrs 7.7), there is really no contest. The 88% to 12% reading here is also very indicative. I liked Black Panther but the end was extremely formulaic and IMO it is only better than Thor Dark World, Hulk and Iron Man 3 among movies that are considered to be MCU.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

I like Black Panther a lot, but Infinity War easily wins this. It was a once in a lifetime event, with so many jaw dropping and OMG moments. In addition:

• Thanos is a superior villain to Killmonger.
  • The pacing was better.
  • The action sequences are miles better.
  • The humour was funnier and better handled.
  • More emotional weight.
  • Superior ending.
  • Greater visual variety.
adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther is a good movie, but not that good. There's too many problems with it, not least of which is that BP himself is super boring.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Black Panther was a good movie but highly overrated. IW on the other hand actually delivered.

RIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion Black Panther didn't live up to the hype. It was good but no better than other superhero films like Ant Man. Infinity War, on the other hand, really surprised me in a great way.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I liked BP more than IW. Don't really care I'm in the minority.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rix said:

In my opinion Black Panther didn't live up to the hype. It was good but no better than other superhero films like Ant Man. Infinity War, on the other hand, really surprised me in a great way.

You don't think BP is better than Ant-Man? Can you explain why because I am sure most don't think that at all.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By madcrusher

@byrd42 said:

Looking at how much Rotten Tomato users like Infinity War compared to how many liked Black Panther (93% vrs 79%) and how much better it scored on IMDB (9.0 vrs 7.7), there is really no contest. The 88% to 12% reading here is also very indicative. I liked Black Panther but the end was extremely formulaic and IMO it is only better than Thor Dark World, Hulk and Iron Man 3 among movies that are considered to be MCU.

I agree with the 3rd act criticism but how does that knock it down to bottom 5 MCU film? You think Iron Man 2 and Ant Man are better than BP? in what ways - I know opinion is subjective. But I feel in general on this forum people confuse what's objectively a good well made film with what they like better which are two entirely different things. On a pure narrative basis, BP is better than half the MCU films. I love Iron Man 2 but I don't think it's a good or great film though. Most people have it ranked in their bottom 5 lists.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War may be the best CBM.

AtmExle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW is much better. I honestly feel Black Panther is a little overrated. Not a bad film by any means, but there are other Marvel movies which I think are better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War and it’s not close. Black Panther was your typical “good” MCU film, Infinity War was a straight up spectacle.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:

I agree with the 3rd act criticism but how does that knock it down to bottom 5 MCU film? You think Iron Man 2 and Ant Man are better than BP? in what ways - I know opinion is subjective. But I feel in general on this forum people confuse what's objectively a good well made film with what they like better which are two entirely different things. On a pure narrative basis, BP is better than half the MCU films. I love Iron Man 2 but I don't think it's a good or great film though. Most people have it ranked in their bottom 5 lists.

I really enjoy most of the MCU movies. They are well made, action packed, funny and with good actors that are well cast. The only one I did not like is Hulk, but that was made by a different studio. 5 of these well made films have to be in the bottom 5. IMO Black Panther is one of the bottom 5 because the formulaic ending where the cavalry came in and saved the day just felt cheesy to me a way that no MCU film has ever felt.

Here is a list of films ordered by Rotten Tomato audience score, and below that, my personal order. They are very much similar except I really liked Iron Man 2 and thought Iron Man 1 was only marginally more entertaining. Rotten Tomatoes has Black Panther bottom 7, I have it bottom 5.

Avengers: Infinity War 93

Guardians of the Galaxy 92

Captain America: Winter Soldier 92

Iron Man 91

Marvel's The Avengers 91

Captain America: Civil War 89

Spider-Man: Homecoming 88

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 88

Thor: Ragnarok 87

Ant-Man 86

Doctor Strange 86

Avengers: Age of Ultron 83

Black Panther 79

Iron Man 3 78

Thor: The Dark World 77

Thor 76

Captain America: First Avenger 74

Iron Man 2- 72

The Incredible Hulk 71

My personal list- Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Marvel's The Avengers, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America: First Avenger, Black Panther, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3,The Incredible Hulk.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By madcrusher

@byrd42 said:
@madcrusher said:
@byrd42 said:

I really enjoy most of the MCU movies. They are well made, action packed, funny and with good actors that are well cast. The only one I did not like is Hulk, but that was made by a different studio. 5 of these well made films have to be in the bottom 5. IMO Black Panther is one of the bottom 5 because the formulaic ending where the cavalry came in and saved the day just felt cheesy to me a way that no MCU film has ever felt.

Here is a list of films ordered by Rotten Tomato audience score, and below that, my personal order. They are very much similar except I really liked Iron Man 2 and thought Iron Man 1 was only marginally more entertaining. Rotten Tomatoes has Black Panther bottom 7, I have it bottom 5.

Avengers: Infinity War 93

Guardians of the Galaxy 92

Captain America: Winter Soldier 92

Iron Man 91

Marvel's The Avengers 91

Captain America: Civil War 89

Spider-Man: Homecoming 88

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 88

Thor: Ragnarok 87

Ant-Man 86

Doctor Strange 86

Avengers: Age of Ultron 83

Black Panther 79

Iron Man 3 78

Thor: The Dark World 77

Thor 76

Captain America: First Avenger 74

Iron Man 2- 72

The Incredible Hulk 71

My personal list- Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Marvel's The Avengers, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America: First Avenger, Black Panther, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Iron Man 3,The Incredible Hulk.

Good list. But I don't jive with those audience scores.

Wasn't the BP audience score the one that was rumored to be downvoted by racist Facebook trolls?

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/02/18/black-panther-and-more-audience-score-problems-for-rotten-tomatoes-and-methttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-panther-rotten-tomatoes-denounces-group-taking-aim-at-movie-1081081a

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-panther-rotten-tomatoes-denounces-group-taking-aim-at-movie-1081081

That score seems funky to me since anectdotally even you have to admit more people liked BP than you did obviously by its success. By metrics like cinemascore, critical RT score and box office legs that 79% seems funky to me.

Look at the critical and BO performance of other films with a audience score and BP did better than all of them. So clearly audiences liked it more than not otherwise it wouldn't have had good legs or WOM. It's the leggiest MCU film to date. So something about that doesn't jive/add up.

Why didn't you use the critical score ranking of BP which is 96% and the highest MCU RT score to date? lol! 371 critics reviews seems like a good sample size.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

BP had some great moments but i think it went on for too long and it weakened towards the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP is the most overrated movie I’ve ever seen. It was absolute garbage before Micheal B Jordan started getting more screen time.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madcrusher: I agree, the score probably is a little bit funky. So I looked into it further. BP got around 77,000 votes. So I deducted 2000 votes, figuring that is the ceiling number of how many people joined in to the smear campaign. Deducting 2000 don't likes brings it up to a 81%. That still may not be accurate because how many more stray haters and prejudiced people voted? There could be another way to figure this out and I might do it if I have an hour to spare later.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42 said:

Why didn't you use the critical score ranking of BP which is 96% and the highest MCU RT score to date? lol! 371 critics reviews seems like a good sample size.

Because the critics (particularly top rated critics) were afraid to say that they did not like it as that might make them seem prejudiced.

A 79% rating seems funky, as does the 100% rating by top rated critics. To put this in perspective, when you add up the rotten tomatoes for Spiderman Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok and Guardians 2, top rated critics gave them a combined 24 rottens (that is an average of 8 rotten tomatoes per outstanding movie). The same critics gave Black Panther zero rottens. Black Panther is NOT that much better than any of those 3 movies. An argument can be made that it is not better than ANY of them.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madcrusher: It took a little more than an hour but I did it. I looked through Rotten Tomato audience ratings on how they rated Black Panther, Spider Man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok on a scale of 1/2 to 5 stars. I did not count 1/2 star and 1 star ratings as there was too great a chance that these ratings were cast by "haters" (In some cases DC fan boys, in some cases, racially prejudiced people, and also people using multiple accounts). I counted 132 ratings for each film. I counted the latest votes. In order of how well they scored- Spider Man HC 4.07, Thor Ragnarok 4.02, Black Panther 3.83.

We would probably get much higher scores out of the top 6 movies on the above list. Black Panther's 3.83 would probably run neck and neck with Dr Strange and Ant Man (maybe higher maybe lower) but at the end of the day Black Panther would be in no higher than 9th place, which is not a bad thing because most MCU movies are very well made, entertaining movies.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther is super overrated for obvious reasons but, Infinity War is about as perfect as you can get for a movie of its scale with all the characters and ambition it encompassed