• 65 results
Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bandedessinee

@mimisalome: For the new popular film category that was proposed the MCU is quite relevant since MCU movies are the most popular in terms of box office sales for this decade so far.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@mimisalome: Well it's not just well done but a very believable performance. Superhero characters never really win that category except for Heath Ledger for Joker. Not every character has to be Heath Ledger Joker to win it.

@outside_85: Yeah that makes sense. Oscars in general are anti superhero movies.

I wont say they hate superhero movies, but the Oscars are not a popularity contest and they generally look away from most blockbusters because the craft and skill that's gone into making one often isn't exceptional, they are more consumer products while the Oscars are looking to reward works of art.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Bandedessinee

@outside_85: It's funny though that Disney/Pixar movies are the ones that always win the Oscars for best animated movie, while anime movies and other non American animated movies in general get sidelined. Could you really say the Boss Baby was a work of art? I mean the Boss Baby didn't win but the fact it was nominated over something like Your Name shows the Oscars is definitely biased and does take popularity into consideration and not if something is a work of art or not.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@bandedessinee: I think animation is measured in different ways. Like is the animation work fluid. It's kinda the same with makeup and special effects when Suicide Squad could eek out a win over... what was it? Star Trek?

But you are right, the people who vote in the Oscars might not be the experts we believe them to be. But like the Grammy's, I dont expect them to get any wiser as time goes by.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bandedessinee

@outside_85: Judging an animated movie solely by animation is pretty flawed since an animated movie can have good animation but a bad plot. Yeah they are definitely not experts and could show nepotism towards movies of a certain genre and bias against movies of another genre (superhero movies).

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bandedessinee: There has been much better acting this year than Micheal B Jordan's Killmonger. If he wins its definitely be use he is black and not because of his acting. Other people deserve the award he doesn't even deserve to be nominated.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: That's just your opinion. I don't think he is nominated though.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf this is hilarious.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This news is out since several weeks now.

Nomination have always been depdendant on lobbyists.

MCU is learning the game.

I have no idea if they will have a return on investment this first time, but it will be a good lesson anyway for the future.

Personal opinion: I understand why they chose BP this year. Unfortunately that only shows how far away from Oscar material is your average CBM.

loyngulpany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loyngulpany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, the Oscars are becoming the next MTV awards. I'm sure this new award was just made to award BP isn't it?

Black Panther is good but not on the TDK level. Logan and TDK didn't even got nominated for Best Picture and idk why BP is considered for that category.

I get that Oscars are biased against blockbusters, animated and superhero movies but they don't have to add a popular film category to award those type of movies. The Oscars awards works of art not popular movies.

So in that sense. The Transformers or Fast and Furious movies should be given awards just because they are popular?? I don't get it. That's like giving an award to a popular person who has no talent.

SHEMMY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a mediocre film at best just with a flashy style. It gets more credit than it deserves.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther getting an oscar nomination is an insult not only to film, but human integrity.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Michaelbn

TDK LOGAN SPIDERMAN2 are the best CBM and yet, TDK won only best supporting actor, LOGAN didn't do in any category, and SPIDERMAN2 awards were because of sound editing and visual effects. bp may get a nomination in sound and visuals, and with a slim chance can win visual effects award.