Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Mighty Thor

for marvel i have to say that the biggest impact for tht universe that changed everything was the civil war

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I say Fantastic Four #1

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By warlock360

fesak says:

"I say Fantastic Four #1"

agreed

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Warlock360 says:

"fesak says:
agreed"

What makes you say that?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By The_Martian

I agree with Fantastic Four. That was what really started Marvel off.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Maelstrom

fesak says:

Agreed 100% They're what transformed Timely into Marvel and opened the doors to the new age of comics with more realistic characters and a more realistic feel.

That and as a massive Fantastic Four fan, everything involving them is just pure love.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Jack Kirby

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I'd say it was the founding of Image. DC had to break Batman's back, kill Superman, make Hal Jordan go psycho and threaten the whole universe all to make up for diminishing sales.

Marvel's top selling creators bolted and not just the main Image founders but guys like Claremont who had been on X-books forever, up and comers like Campbell, Capullo, Platt, Finch etc who likely would have been developed by Marvel for years if not for Image. You could also argue that Image's founding led Marvel down the disastrous path that led to their bankruptcy, everything from overpaying for Malibu solely to counter Image's superior color quality to self distribution or even to using big crossover special events and expensive gimmick covers, mini series after failed mini series all to spur sales, glutting up shelf space.

You could deconstruct that whole thing further and say Perelman acquiring Marvel and driving it into the ground would be the biggest impact on Marvel and DC, since the industry has never really recovered since the bubble burst if you believe his poor management decisions were the root of all that.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

You are Rob Liefeld aren't you?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sling Shot

Buckshot says:

"You *are* Rob Liefeld aren't you?"

Here here.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Some solid opinions offered up, but i'd have to say Stan Lee....was the biggest impact on COMICS period!...let alone Marvel

with Kirby a close 2nd...

Civil War?????? geeze, that shit is assanine!

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hagane Enna

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Some solid opinions offered up, but i'd have to say Stan Lee....was the biggest impact on COMICS period!...let alone Marvelwith Kirby a close 2nd...Civil War?????? geeze, that shit is assanine!"

For somebody who prides himself on his education and maturity, that was pretty low grade. Do watch your language where there are children prsent, will you?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Some solid opinions offered up, but i'd have to say Stan Lee....was the biggest impact on COMICS period!...let alone Marvel with Kirby a close 2nd... Civil War?????? geeze, that shit is assanine!"

I thought Civil War was pretty good and showed one or two issues. But I agree entirely on the Stan Lee thing.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Hagane Enna says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
"Some solid opinions offered up, but i'd have to say Stan Lee....was the biggest impact on COMICS period!...let alone Marvelwith Kirby a close 2nd...Civil War?????? geeze, that shit is assanine!"

For somebody who prides himself on his education and maturity, that was pretty low grade. Do watch your language where there are children prsent, will you?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, in this day and age...its sad to write, "children" see and hear MUCH worst than anything i can write on this board, on todays TV and school yards...please, don't be a tool!

Beta Ray Bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Beta Ray Bill

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Some solid opinions offered up, but i'd have to say Stan Lee....was the biggest impact on COMICS period!...let alone Marvel with Kirby a close 2nd... Civil War?????? geeze, that shit is assanine!"

i didn't mean authors i meant a event in comic book history and the civil war was a big one everyone's lives were changed

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Hagane Enna says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:

For somebody who prides himself on his education and maturity, that was pretty low grade. Do watch your language where there are children prsent, will you?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, in this day and age...its sad to write, "children" see and hear MUCH worst than anything i can write on this board, on todays TV and school yards...please, don't be a tool!

"

And it's only people like you that promote it, so shoosh.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Fantastic Four #1 was important, but wouldn't have happend with out the Justice League or the Challengers of the Unknown (also by Kirby). I think the introduction of Barry Allen is more important as it was the start of the chain reaction for silver age comics.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Sparda

Stan Lee, I'd have to say. For DC......Crisis on Infinite Earths showed everyone how they weren't gonna fk around.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crazy spidey

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Hagane Enna says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
" Some solid opinions offered up, but i'd have to say Stan Lee....was the biggest impact on COMICS period!...let alone Marvel with Kirby a close 2nd... Civil War?????? geeze, that shit is assanine!"
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, in this day and age...its sad to write, "children" see and hear MUCH worst than anything i can write on this board, on todays TV and school yards...please, don't be a tool! "

Dude your my hero

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Fantastic Four #1 was important, but wouldn't have happend with out the Justice League or the Challengers of the Unknown (also by Kirby). I think the introduction of Barry Allen is more important as it was the start of the chain reaction for silver age comics. "

Yes! Start of the silver age. I hated when they started to re-do Batman. When they gave him the crappy yellow symbol, I HATE that symbol. How is that less camp than the previous one?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sparda

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Fantastic Four #1 was important, but wouldn't have happend with out the Justice League or the Challengers of the Unknown (also by Kirby). I think the introduction of Barry Allen is more important as it was the start of the chain reaction for silver age comics. "

The JLA was made before the FF? I didn't know that.

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Fantastic Four was like in response to the JLA. Marvel wanted a super powered team to defend the earth and created the Fantastic Four. Was suposed to be some of Jack Kirby's best work, too. The Thing was suposedly based on him.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

The JLA was NEVER the sales boon, nor as popular as the Fantastic Four...the book essentially put "team books" on the map for success. Its not always who came first, but who did it best.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sparda

Terminal Velocity says:

"Yeah Fantastic Four was like in response to the JLA. Marvel wanted a super powered team to defend the earth and created the Fantastic Four. Was suposed to be some of Jack Kirby's best work, too. The Thing was suposedly based on him."

Weird. I always though that the JLA was made in the late 1960s/early 70s......neato.

Another thing that really affected comics....Spider-man. Not so much in actually changing it, but he drew in a heckuva lot of fans.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"The JLA was NEVER the sales boon, nor as popular as the Fantastic Four...the book essentially put "team books" on the map for success. Its not always who came first, but who did it best."

I never said the JLA were more popular, just that they restarted the trend for the silver age. Which is why I think that Showcase #4 (first Barry Allen Flash) was more important.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zee crusher

I'd say for marvel if your saying in comics probably thanos heart of the universe or something similar and for dc it would have to be death fo superman which suprinsgly nto many superman fans know about. But if your syaing that got them the kick off for dc it have to be superman first guy with power but took 6 years to get a yes to lol. For marvel fantastic four we all know hwo the human torch as marvel second character made sucked so a group made him better even more popular then the marvels first character namor.