Biggest Disappointments

hitman154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By hitman154

There are server Movies based on comic books, to many for me to list. What I want to know is who or what was your biggest disappointment when the translation from comic to real life. Was it Ben Affleck as DareDevil, Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy or was it the way a movie got twisted and lost the story.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By doordoor123

there are too many for me

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach

too many to know where to start...

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Believe it or not probably either Spider-man or X-men for me.
I had high hopes for both and they just lacked too much.

Spider-man lacked the humour and the plot in general was just by the numbers.
X-men started well but fell apart as it went on. The exact moment it fell apart was when Wolverine hit the turbo button on the motor cycle. It was just down hill from there. I totally hated Magneto's ultimate plan. I don't think it was somethign Magneto would've done.

Never quite understood peoples issues with Daredevil though. I really kinda liked that. As a movie it kinda stands on it's own. Didn't feel too far removed from the comics either.

JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JCJQLB
@doordoor123: 

Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

well i kinda knew elektra was gonna suck so i guess that doesnt count as disapointment i got to say the first x-men movie was very disappointing... alot of things pissed me off  the costumes the cast  the story was all like really! the characters i was hoping for storm cyclops wolverine colossus nightcrawler and kitty with lockhed 

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sparda
@Gylan Thomas said:
"It was just down hill from there. I totally hated Magneto's ultimate plan. I don't think it was somethign Magneto would've done. "
Really? I thought it was exactly something like Magneto would've done. Make a bunch of higher-up government officials in the world into mutants means either significant improvement for mutantkind or bad things happening to humanity.

Then again, I haven't read an X-Men story, in, like, god, many many years so I'm out of touch.
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Calvin

One word: Avatar.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024
@Gylan Thomas said:
"Believe it or not probably either Spider-man or X-men for me. I had high hopes for both and they just lacked too much.  Spider-man lacked the humour and the plot in general was just by the numbers. X-men started well but fell apart as it went on. The exact moment it fell apart was when Wolverine hit the turbo button on the motor cycle. It was just down hill from there. I totally hated Magneto's ultimate plan. I don't think it was somethign Magneto would've done.  Never quite understood peoples issues with Daredevil though. I really kinda liked that. As a movie it kinda stands on it's own. Didn't feel too far removed from the comics either. "

This. Like literally word for word.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sparda

I actually don't really have a disappointment. I guess my biggest would be Origins: Wolverine, since that was a pretty awful movie and I hoped it would be good but it wasn't. But I really expected it to be terrible, and expectations override, like, hope so it doesn't really count.

Goddamn it.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Sparda said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
"It was just down hill from there. I totally hated Magneto's ultimate plan. I don't think it was somethign Magneto would've done. "
Really? I thought it was exactly something like Magneto would've done. Make a bunch of higher-up government officials in the world into mutants means either significant improvement for mutantkind or bad things happening to humanity.  Then again, I haven't read an X-Men story, in, like, god, many many years so I'm out of touch. "
It's not the mentality of someone like Magneto.
He'd rather kill huamns than raise them up to his level be mutants. He does tend to hold mutants in fairly high regard though and he was willing to risk Rogues life to turn humans to mutants. The whole idea of it spoilt the movie for me. It started out as a strong sci fi idea and then here's this big silly machine and he's gonna turn every one into mutants? Why not just burst in there and slaughter the world leaders and announce himself and the brohterhood in charge? I'd have bought into that more.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Gambit1024 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
"Believe it or not probably either Spider-man or X-men for me. I had high hopes for both and they just lacked too much.  Spider-man lacked the humour and the plot in general was just by the numbers. X-men started well but fell apart as it went on. The exact moment it fell apart was when Wolverine hit the turbo button on the motor cycle. It was just down hill from there. I totally hated Magneto's ultimate plan. I don't think it was somethign Magneto would've done.  Never quite understood peoples issues with Daredevil though. I really kinda liked that. As a movie it kinda stands on it's own. Didn't feel too far removed from the comics either. "
This. Like literally word for word. "
I'm like your PA or something.

@oiHooliganismoi:
Dude, no way lockheed was gettin' in a movie. If he did that'd make my list of faults :P
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By NightFang3

There are to many for me to list.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sparda
@Gylan Thomas: Fair enough. Different strokes and all that.
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By The_Warlord
@JCJQLB said:
" @doordoor123: 

"
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Sparda: 

See unusually for a comic fan I'm not usually that into FX flicks so I can't jsut sit back and enjoy that element. I need the story to hold together.
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Sparda: it wa a bad movie but it was better that the first x-men movie and the third....... part 2 i thought they stepped up and actually made something worth watching
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Gambit1024
@Gylan Thomas:
Lol, you might as well be
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sparda
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @Sparda:   See unusually for a comic fan I'm not usually that into FX flicks so I can't jsut sit back and enjoy that element. I need the story to hold together. "
Oh, I completely agree, which was why Ghost Rider was total trash for me. I just really liked X-Men. I loved X2 and X3 was tolerable. I mean, I guess it's since I'm more of a casual X fan so I can't pinpoint things like out of character acting or whatever or maybe it doesn't mean as much to me as most people do. I'm generally really forgiving with adaptations. I dunno.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@Sparda: 

See X-2 I did like.
The story in X-men just started to fall apart for me.
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Gylan Thomas: lockheed would of been kickass man not as a character as a pet  remember he was kittys pet thou he went out to battle with colossus many of times
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@oiHooliganismoi said:
" @Gylan Thomas: lockheed would of been kickass man not as a character as a pet  remember he was kittys pet thou he went out to battle with colossus many of times "
LOL :D

A little purple dragon would never, ever have worked in the movies :D
Sorry man but it's true.
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Gylan Thomas: it could of work lol even if just as a cameo... little comic relief at the mansion or something .. he sets something on fire then fly away all scared after getting yelled at ... it could of worked
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@oiHooliganismoi said:
" @Gylan Thomas: it could of work lol even if just as a cameo... little comic relief at the mansion or something .. he sets something on fire then fly away all scared after getting yelled at ... it could of worked "
lol :D
No way bud :D
It'd be a serious WTF!?! moment for any non comic fan in the audience.
lol
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Gylan Thomas: yeah but it would of been cool fan service.... a little fan service goes along way in my book
Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

#26  Edited By Dark Noldor

Daredevil sucked big time.
I guess Batman & Robin was also terrible.
Spider-Man 3 wasn´t nice.
The worst of all was Elektra.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@oiHooliganismoi said:
" @Gylan Thomas: yeah but it would of been cool fan service.... a little fan service goes along way in my book "
I d' know dude. Fan service is one thing but a little purple dragon?
Too much :D
Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Icon

The only X-Men film I was disappointed in was X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I like the whole trilogy with X2 being the best one. I did not like Spider-Man 3, any of the Batman movies prior to Nolan taking over, any Superman movie after the first one by Donner, either Fantastic Four film (although the second one is better than the first), either Punisher film, Watchmen, Catwoman, Elektra, or Ghost Rider. I liked the director's cut of Daredevil but not really the original version. I didn't mind the first Hulk but I thought the reboot was better. And that's about it. 

oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Gylan Thomas: well lets at least agree to disagree .... i think it could be done right u dont ... but we will never know cause we will never see that line up of x-men in a movie....
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@Icon: what u didnt like tim burton's batman???? wow  i personally think those 2 were the best batman movies made... it was the perfect mix of realism and comic universe mixed into one .... the nolan's movie kinda limits its self a little to much cause of its realistic setting... things like bane and and clayface could never be done in a nolan film... which i think is a shame
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@oiHooliganismoi: 

Maybe in a trequal or sequal if the story worked.

@Icon:
You should see Dolph Lundgrens Punisher.
Epic!
CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CylonDorado

The only one that REALLY pissed me off was Venom. I just kind of shrugged off every other non-faithful movie character.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#33  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Gylan Thomas said:
"Never quite understood peoples issues with Daredevil though. I really kinda liked that. As a movie it kinda stands on it's own. Didn't feel too far removed from the comics either. "
I never did either, I'm not like the biggest DD fan, but I never saw anything wrong with the movie and thought it was really close to the comics for a movie that old (for superhero movies anyway), I think it was more of who the actors and actresses were that people didn't like.

For me I'd have to go with X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the only thing good about the movie was Hugh Jackman and how great of a Wolverine he is.
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That David Hassehoff is not Nick Fury anymore.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Icon
@Gylan Thomas: Really? :p Maybe I should then.  

@oiHooliganismoi: The Burton films really didn't feel like the comic much to me. The changes to the characters were just so drastic or campy, especially Catwoman and the Penguin. I didn't even understand why she became Catwoman in that movie to begin with. She was this weak and docile lady at the beginning of the film who her boss later tries to kill, and that causes her to suddenly snap and become a cat obsessed burglar who has inexplicably mastered the use of a whip as well as hand to hand combat. It's so out of left field. And the whole mystical nine lives thing where she can't die was just too over the top for me. Michelle Pfeiffer was awesome in the role though. :] I guess to each their own but I much prefer the Nolan films. 
umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#36  Edited By umbrafeline

the live-action g i jo[k]e and transformer movies* were total rubbish, ghost rider was no, ff2 was wtf were they thinking 

*when you compared the animated versions against the live-actions youll agree that the animated ones were superior to their crap-tastic remakes and sequel[s]
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By N7_Normandy
@Calvin said:
" One word: Avatar. "
Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jotham

I thought Daredevil was okay as long as you separated it from the comic.
Probably my biggest was X-Men Origins: Wolverine, specifically Deadpool, although it all kind of sucked.

Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#39  Edited By CaptainCockblock

How could they possibly get that idea out of someone dubbed the Merc with a Mouth?! And I was watching TV Guide and they were at the premiere and they didn't even get the nickname right! They called him the Merc with a Smirk or somethin' stupid like that.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Video_Martian

Comic book movies that sucked the most: 
Daredevil 
Elektra 
X-Men: The Last Stand 
X-Men Origins: Wolverine 
Batman Forever 
Batman & Robin 
Superman 3 
Superman 4: The Quest for Peace 
Catwoman 

I can't think of any others right now.

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By RedRobin92

Topher Grace as Venom..........................................really really really disappointing