• 52 results
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Biggest Backlash this month? Batwoman, Pattison Batman, GOT S8 (66 votes)

Robert Pattison to sparkle in Batman rolev 3%
Batwoman 260k dislike 21%
GOT S8 76%
 • 
Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batbitch

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Game of Thrones Season 8 stomps.

The internet was surprisingly accepting of Pattinson all things considered.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Batbitch

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman, just check out my thread. No one was positive.

Also the dislikes on the vid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majority of people don't give a shit about CW show. That trailer has problems but it was clearly getting brigaded by Anti SJWs stans who are not regular viewers of CW show

Meanwhile there has been 600000 signature to a petition to remake season 7 and season 8 of Got.

There is also petition to remove D and D from Star wars trilogy.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I´m glad. He´s way past Twilight, and hopefully people will realize it.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think either of the DC things were high profile enough to be compared to GOT season 8.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrmonster

By far Game of Thrones. It's practically impossible to avoid the conversation on just how bad D&D screwed up this past season.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Got season 8

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant1230 said:

I agree. He's good casting for a young, but serious Batman.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Game of Thrones Season 8. People have invested years into that show to see it all crumble to unsatisfying dust. They’re quite pissed. Last Jedi-level pissed which is not good. I think HBO lost a considerable chunk of their future home video sales with that one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Thrones Season 8. People have invested years into that show to see it all crumble to unsatisfying dust. They’re quite pissed. Last Jedi-level pissed which is not good. I think HBO lost a considerable chunk of their future home video sales with that one.

Last Jedi can be retconned or salvaged which is basically what they are doing with Ep 9. It is gonna be total fan service like Force Awakens. Season 8 can't be unless HBO decides to remake the season.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. GoT S8.
  2. Batwoman
  3. Pattinson.

I was legitimately, pleasantly surprised at how open-minded most people are about Pattinson playing Batman. Nowhere close to the level of backlash I recall over Affleck's casting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily GoT.

Majority of people don't give a shit about CW show. That trailer has problems but it was clearly getting brigaded by Anti SJWs stans who are not regular viewers of CW show

Meanwhile there has been 600000 signature to a petition to remake season 7 and season 8 of Got.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman. Pattison could be bad; Batwoman is almost guaranteed to be.

Granted, I don't watch GoT.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@payneintheass said:
@mutant1230 said:

I agree. He's good casting for a young, but serious Batman.

I actually really like Twilight though... I don't know why people hate it so much.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Then I guess you're gonna love The Batman then. xD

Avatar image for the-finger-snap
The-Finger-Snap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOT season 8 was utterly rubbish

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Thrones by far

I’m in the group that enjoyed the major plot beats (Arya killing Night King, Dany going bananas), but there’s no denying D&D kinda phoned this season in.

Whereas PatBat I’m okay with, and I honestly didn’t know there was Batwoman backlash. The trailer was fine?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman was so cringe. If you want to inject social commentary, be like doom patrol. They do it much better, not perfect but better.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robert Pattinson is objectively a great actor though

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@mutant1230 said:

What I mean is even if he does end up making it like Twilight Khael will still probably like it. Being a fan of Twilight and DC Comics, you can't go wrong with this casting news. xD

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman trailer was expected to have all the shit.

GoT was expected to be god tier but didn't live up to expectations.

Pattinson was recieved well imo given what normally happens.

Basically -

GoT

Batwoman

Pattinson.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Got S8. Reactions for the other two were relatively mild actually.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Well you're a girl so you like romantic stuff

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pat Bat isn't really getting that much backlash.

I see GOT get around 50/50 love/hate.

Batwoman however, oh boy.. Sure the trailer wasn't the best, but let's be honest, it gave away too much and the acting wasn't the best. Rest is fine with it.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoT is the only one that people have invested enough time into to actually warrant being upset.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Well you're a girl so you like romantic stuff

Heh, I don't think that's how it works. While it's true that we're more inclined to like romantic stuffs that the public consider cringy (like Korean drama for example), we still have standards (at least most of us do). People sometimes talk like Twilight is objectively the worst movie ever, but I don't think that's true at all.

@kgb725 said:
@mutant1230 said:

What I mean is even if he does end up making it like Twilight Khael will still probably like it. Being a fan of Twilight and DC Comics, you can't go wrong with this casting news. xD

Again, I don't think that's how it works xD

They're totally different. It's like saying "Well, I like Chris Evans as Captain America, and I like Harry Potter, so Chris Evans should play Harry Potter!"

No!

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I have yet to see any girl that disliked Twilight.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 socajunkie  Moderator

GoT S8 easily.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoT S8 easily.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I don’t even watch GOT and it’s clearly GOT. This has reached new levels of internet crybabyness. I hate women stans are the only ones whining about the Batwoman trailer. People who actually even bother to watch CW shows approve of it of course because they are already on board with what the CW is. The majority of tv viewers don’t care cause y would they? They don’t watch the CW, it’s a niche network anyhow.

There’s been enough Different Actors playing Batman in live action movies that Patterson playing him didn’t even really crack the top sport in a single news cycle. It made the rounds of YouTube and blogs and then the chatter stopped. This movie isn’t coming out until like 2020/2021...so no one really cares right now.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've never watched GoT but I'll still go with that. Both irl and on internet, it's everywhere on people's tongues.

murmillo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-SJWs? Man, there's no way you watched that trailer and didn't cringe. I showed it to a bunch of people, including women and they HATED it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murmillo_: Lol, Do you regularly watch any CW show?

murmillo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: Actually, yes. I watch Arrow and Flash. Both of which have practically turned me off from watching them again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: Actually, yes. I watch Arrow and Flash. Both of which have practically turned me off from watching them again.

See Exactly, not a regular viewer of CW shows

Anti SJW YouTube channels and there are thousands of them who are scouting for things to be offended by picked up the trailer and their viewers started brigading and disliking the trailer.

murmillo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire:

How does that not make me a regular viewer? I said that I "watch", which isn't past tense and they've "practically turned me off" meaning the silliness of what the shows has become is starting to push me to my last bit of patience with them. Anti sjw channels? I didn't watch any of these - I watched the trailer all on my own and formed my own opinions.

The trailer is blatant pandering and screams "waymen pwerrrr". If you can't admit or identify that, you're either ignorant, not attentive or you're an SJW yourself. These channels don't look for things to be offended by either. The public in general has shown they don't want this garbage time and time again. SJW's are in the very vocal minority and make it seem like a lot of people want to see this garbage, but in reality they're an incredibly small group.

When hollywood makes this trash and then receives negative backlash, they blame the audience. Or maybe just accept that the general public doesn't want it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murmillo_: Absolutely, yet CW shows continue going for multiple seasons? So there is an audience.

you simply watched the trailer to get offended even though you know how CW shows are? I was explaining how the trailer got so many dislike which I explained was brigaded by Anti SJW non CW viewers.

There is no problem with Girl power TV shows and movies. If you don't like it go watch other shows instead of being offended by it. There are making it because there is an Audience.

Game of thrones has genuine outrage. They have managed to piss million of viewers.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killbilly  Moderator

@tobymaguire: you simply watched the trailer to get offended even though you know how CW shows are?

The problem with what you're saying is that the agenda isn't so obviously blatant in other CW shows as it was here. That's why Murmillo still watches Flash and Arrow. Also, all the CW shows have different writers. Are they supposed to assume that all CW shows will follow the same format and push the same ideas?

There is no problem with Girl power TV shows and movies.

There is when it comes at the expense and derision of men.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Wow, you suddenly is able to see agenda in this show yet you never understood what was missing in DCAU wonder Woman? Lol

Yes, CW shows have lot of common tropes.so yeah?

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 killbilly  Moderator

@tobymaguire: Wow, you suddenly is able to see agenda in this show yet you never understood what was missing in DCAU wonder Woman? Lol

Not seeing what you're getting at here.

Yes, CW shows have lot of common tropes.so yeah?

Most shows have a lot of common tropes. It's not about what tropes are used but HOW they're used.

murmillo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By murmillo_

@tobymaguire:

@tobymaguire: you simply watched the trailer to get offended even though you know how CW shows are?

The problem with what you're saying is that the agenda isn't so obviously blatant in other CW shows as it was here. That's why Murmillo still watches Flash and Arrow. Also, all the CW shows have different writers. Are they supposed to assume that all CW shows will follow the same format and push the same ideas?

There is no problem with Girl power TV shows and movies.

There is when it comes at the expense and derision of men.

Thank you haha.

I didn't watch the trailer to get offended. Before Arrow, I never knew anything about Green Arrow - now I regularly buy his comics because of the show. Stephen Amell has become one of my favourite actors. Same goes for Flash; I grew up with the animated Wally West as "my flash" and knew next to nothing about Barry Allen. I didn't grow to like him as much as Green Arrow, but I discovered a new respect for the character and absolutely love the Rogue's.

Both these shows were great. It wasn't until they starting injecting the sjw nonsense in it that I started to garner a dislike for them. I love comics and superheroes and having superhero TV shows are awesome. I don't watch and engulf myself in the superhero world to hear the same silliness that gets preached by sjw's in the real world.

So when the trailer for Batwoman came out, I said to myself, "Let's see, I'll give it a try. I like a lot of DC's female characters, so lets see what this is about". AND it was terrible and cringe-worthy.

Stop trying to shift goal posts, stop trying to tell me what I was thinking and stop trying to pull the whole "if you don't like it, don't watch it." Problem with the last point is that I really enjoyed the CW shows until they went full SJW with everything.

Comparing Game of Thrones is also comparing apples to oranges. GoT has a MUCH larger audience than any CW show, probably combined. Of course more people will be pissed off with GoT than what has happened with CW shoes given the fact they have a substantially larger viewer base.

My biggest problem with the Batwoman trailer is that is plainly and blatantly shows the absolute hypocrisy of women power, feminism and SJW's in one single line. The line "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work". Up until that line, I was on the fence about the show. That line wreaks of hypocrisy that people like yourself can't seem to grasp. She literally is riding on the coattails of the Batman identity, stole his equipment and broke into the Batcave.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murmillo_: You have not even watched the show to know what the context of the line is? My best guess is she pretends to be Batman to inspire Gotham until she finally decides to be Batwoman.

I am not gonna watch it so I will never Know. It is a CW show on top of it is f##king Batman show. I have way better things to see in my life.

murmillo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: So you've been arguing with me calling me a non-CW viewer, defended where the CW is going with their superhero shows and just admitted you don't watch them. Meanwhile, I, a person who used to enjoy their shows is irritated about the direction they're going in and I'm told by some SJW to basically suck it up or don't watch it even though they themselves don't actually watch it. Man, you need help. Though, I'm not overly surprised at this conclusion as it's typical SJW "logic".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murmillo_ said:

@tobymaguire: So you've been arguing with me calling me a non-CW viewer, defended where the CW is going with their superhero shows and just admitted you don't watch them. Meanwhile, I, a person who used to enjoy their shows is irritated about the direction they're going in and I'm told by some SJW to basically suck it up or don't watch it even though they themselves don't actually watch it. Man, you need help. Though, I'm not overly surprised at this conclusion as it's typical SJW "logic".

You used to enjoying watching Batwoman. Good to know. I am not gonna watch any Batman or superman or their spin off characters. I love legends of Tomorrow. I never liked Arrow, Flash become a Soap opera. So yeah only legends of Tomorrow

murmillo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murmillo_ said:

You used to enjoying watching Batwoman. Good to know

Seem's you're also incapable of reading properly. Second line of what I said, "used to enjoy their shows.." Last time I checked, "shows" is plural, indicating that I enjoyed many of the CW's programs. You're grasping at straws now bud. Just roll over and call it a day.