Better villain - Ozymandias or Killmonger?

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better villain - Ozymandias or Killmonger? (72 votes)

Ozymandias 67%
Killmonger 33%
No Caption Provided
  • Movie versions
 • 
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmongers backstory is more relatable and his emotion connects more with the viewer, but I found his “bad guy/villain” plan/motivations to be a bit generic. Ozy on the other hand was completely unrelatable, but his schemes were crazy complex and psychotic (even if it was for a greater good). Both great villains, but I give the edge to Ozymandias

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close. Ozymandias.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ozy.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Ozy.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger.

Comic book Ozy >>>>> movie Ozy

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias in a stomp

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veidt

ZackAttack14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozy in by a decent margin in film and in a stomp if this were comic versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never cared about Killmonger but i always thought Ozymandius to be one of the psychopathic complex villain , even though it maybe regarded as greater good to his point of respective so i vote him .

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Richubs

Ozy because of how well done it was.

Killmonger had potential which was squandered.

Ghostodoofus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ghostodoofus

@undefined: Ozy Ozy Ozy, oi oi oi. Oops, sorry, pardon the Australian in me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Ozymandias, and it's not close. Killmonger could have been better simply if his motivation had just been to get revenge for his father, and leave out the bs race war he wanted to start (and had no chance of working).

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with the master manipulator who manipulated a man god and brought the end of the world and world peace all at once.

The_Badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are awesome for different reasons. I for one can't pick one of the two.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger over the tone deaf movie’s take on Ozymandias.

Epicyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozywho?

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger was a sympathetic villain while Ozymandias had a god/savior complex.

From an African American male pov I understood the "rise up" standpoint. Killmonger wasn't just saying "Kill all the whites" he was telling BP that Wakanda shouldn't be ignoring the oppressed of any race. He even says "But aren't all people, your people?" And furthermore he never comes off as racist. I think people saw a black man saying "We need to put guns in the hands of the oppressed" as "Kill all oppressors" but in reality he was just saying "Give people the ability to defend themselves.".

Killmonger's beliefs really aligned with the more defensive black panther party stance which made me understand him. We live in a world where the idea of an oppressed group is dismissed as a lie, and when we do see one most people refuse to help.

Sorry if I couldn't relate to Ozymandias' plan of killing millions to unite people temporarily. Comedian was right when he told Ozymandias that people will eventually kill themselves.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias, and it's not close. Killmonger could have been better simply if his motivation had just been to get revenge for his father, and leave out the bs race war he wanted to start (and had no chance of working).

Killmonger wasn't starting a race war, he was trying to aid oppressed groups. When Ta'chala said "They aren't my people", Killmonger tells him "Aren't all people your people?" Because he believed people were people. His beliefs were the same as the early black panther party's in the sense that killing an oppressor or at the very least putting guns in the hands of the oppressed would help society as a whole and get voices heard. All people are his people.

Ozymandias had one goal kiill millions and hope people tried to kill Manhattan. After that he had no plan. How was that interesting? In the comments even Lex Luthor called him stupid for believing that would work. Comedian was more interesting than Ozymandias.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85 said:

Killmonger wasn't starting a race war, he was trying to aid oppressed groups. When Ta'chala said "They aren't my people", Killmonger tells him "Aren't all people your people?" Because he believed people were people. His beliefs were the same as the early black panther party's in the sense that killing an oppressor or at the very least putting guns in the hands of the oppressed would help society as a whole and get voices heard. All people are his people.

Ozymandias had one goal kiill millions and hope people tried to kill Manhattan. After that he had no plan. How was that interesting? In the comments even Lex Luthor called him stupid for believing that would work. Comedian was more interesting than Ozymandias.

Trying to aid oppressed groups of his mind meant 'oppressed black people', because that was his whole sell to the Wakandan council and the reason he started babbling about the slave trade before he died.

That wasn't his plan. His plan was to fake an attack by a greater power so the US and USSR wouldn't start launching nukes at each other.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929 said:
@outside_85 said:

Trying to aid oppressed groups of his mind meant 'oppressed black people', because that was his whole sell to the Wakandan council and the reason he started babbling about the slave trade before he died.

That wasn't his plan. His plan was to fake an attack by a greater power so the US and USSR wouldn't start launching nukes at each other.

His "sell" was to arm oppressed people in general. It just so happened that a lot of black people are oppressed within their nations. And he used the slave trade example because of his proud African heritage and it spoke to the nature of freedom. All people were his people and his people are those who are held down by their societies. Killmonger was gonna arm all oppressed people, so they could be free. He even says "A lot of them look just like us..." the key word being "a lot" not all.

His plan was to frame Dr. Manhattan in order to unite the world, which is a stupid plan. The USSR and USA were close to war but it wouldn't have mattered, as shown in the real life cold war.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Ozy. I feel like the base of all of Kill mongers hate is his dads death which was deserved

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was Ozymandias actually a villain? Either way, he stomps.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929:

His plan was to frame Dr. Manhattan in order to unite the world, which is a stupid plan. The USSR and USA were close to war but it wouldn't have mattered, as shown in the real life cold war.

Totally wrong. USSR were uneasy about USA possibly using living superweapon (Manhattan) against them, so cold war in Watchmen escalated much further. Nuclear war was pretty much imminent by that point in comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c04865ab69d9
deactivated-5c04865ab69d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozy by a mile

Morgatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By IndomitableRegal

All Hail King Killmonger. Not even close for me. Sure there's some bias because I'm Black, but honestly I really think he was the better villain. At the end of the day, I view Ozy as a megalomaniac.

Jon_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozy No Contest!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Kilmonger.

I didn't really see the point in Ozy's plan. Sure a dangerous 3rd superpower (Manhatten) might halt the impending nuclear war, but how long could that peace really be expected to last? It's not like either side would take out Manhatten then forget they have an equally deadly nation to deal with down the line.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite. Ozymandias.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
deactivated-5c607e387a408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with my boy Ozzy

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozymandias is cool, but his motives and plans are very stupid. Killmonger not only have a great prefomance but actually good reason for what he was doing ultimately.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozy.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers