Better villain: Omni-Man or MCU Thanos?

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Limitless82

As titled, which villain do you think is better: Omni-Man from Invincible or Thanos from MCU? And feel free to elaborate on why?

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos at the moment. Hope they dive deeper into the depths of Nolan's ideology, and his inner conflict. They did a great job in the finale, so he could end up better than Thanos if they do it well, IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos

ManEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 268

Omni-Man. There's an actual reason for his madness/evilness. And he has a true character evolution arc.

As opposed to Thanos's operetta style, mustache-twirling, mommy and daddy-issues-driven, idiotic "plan" for "saving" the universe.

Seriously, the big purple doofus's plan was using an instrument of omnipotence to halve the universe's population, so as to extend the universe's resources. He must have ridden in the short bus to not have realized he could just as well triple, quadruple, or multiply to infinity the natural resources across the universe without killing anyone; since he was omnipotent and such. What an f****ng idiot.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

Omni-Man. Thanos has the presence of a big bad ( that part they did right at least ) but his plan is honestly pretty flawed. Not a deal breaker for me of course but Nolan has both this presence as an unstoppable force and good reasons for why he is the way that he is. That and Nolan's generally a far more interesting and nuanced character due to their motivations and his story arc seeming to take him in a far more interesting direction.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

Nolan was at least suggesting something that made you pause and think without questioning his intellect unlike Thanos who made no sense at all.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Nolan was at least suggesting something that made you pause and think without questioning his intellect unlike Thanos who made no sense at all.

This

Deep_Silver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are fantastic. It's much easier to sympathize with Thanos I think. But the fact that Nolan is on the one hand so savagely brutal and on the other hand so conflicted by his humanity is what makes his character awesome. I guess Omni-Man if I had to pick.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omni Man. Not close for me. MCU Thanos is just a baseless character with no practical explanation about his motivation.

@adamtrmm said:

What do you think of Invincible?

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Thanos obviously considering Omni-Man isn't a villain

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Thanos is amongst the top 5 greatest villains in live-action history.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

What do you think of Invincible?

I liked it more than I thought I would. Mixed feelings about the animation itself, it felt kinda similar to the comic, but at the same time was too cartoonish to me. In terms of direction, everything around superheroics was cool, but everything mundane was lame. Good thing there was more of the former.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Applekidthethird

Thanos is the better villain but omni-man's the better character of the two. Thanos was hyped up for years before making his first appearance. And then he wrecked all the heroes we had and achieved his goal. Nolan is a better character because of how much depth he has. Like the finale showed, his responsibilities as a Viltrumite directly clash with his responsibilities as a father and a husband. It's so gripping, just watching him trying to convince himself that his emotional bond with his son and wife matters less to him than his mission. He's much more brutal too. The way he nonchalantly walks through people and destroys the lives of millions to simply prove a point to his son is so thoroughly disturbing and really conveys his lack of empathy towards what he considers lesser evolved beings.

Hawkman25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omni-man isn’t really a villain he kinda redeems himself in the end of the series.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan, much deeper character wo actually has an internal struggle between his humanity and what his society taught him

Thanos eliminates half of all life for? Nothing makes no sense nor does his plan to rebuild the the universe as using the gauntlet twice nearly killed him.... remains the universe would take a little more power/snaps then that

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: what nearly killed him was more likely him destroying the stones rather than just him using it twice

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Thanos is amongst the top 5 greatest villains in live-action history.

Top 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinervvvvv: Yes! I agree

Probably number 1.

Lol at the people saying thanos didn't have any motivation.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: that's speculation, Thanos was damaged after the first snap as seen at the end of infinity war and was further damaged when he used the power of all the stones to destroy said stones, it was never stated destroying the stones made him more hurt, using the full powered gauntlet injures the person beyond repair as seen with Hulk, Thanos and Ironman, so your claim is headcannon

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24:

Meh, It’s ultimately speculation either way, because his specific wording is that using the stones to destroy the stones is what nearly killed him. That can mean either him being nearly killed due to being weak from the first snap, or it’s being nearly killed from the discharge that happens when a stone is destroyed plus the power surge from all of them being utilised.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we’re doing “so far” than.... Thanos >>> Evil Superman

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos. Omniman would win but Thanos motivations were understandable at some point

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos because as horrible as Omni-Man is now, he's a hero at the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2 said:

Thanos because as horrible as Omni-Man is now, he's a hero at the end.

Killing thousands of civilians just to prove himself before not killing his kid justifies him as a hero?. Am I reading this right? Also, how do you think Thanos is the better villain?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mexcomics2078 said:

Thanos. Omniman would win but Thanos motivations were understandable at some point

No, it doesn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c2e15ac5d3d
deactivated-63c2e15ac5d3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-63c2e15ac5d3d
deactivated-63c2e15ac5d3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manel said:

Omni-Man. There's an actual reason for his madness/evilness. And he has a true character evolution arc.

As opposed to Thanos's operetta style, mustache-twirling, mommy and daddy-issues-driven, idiotic "plan" for "saving" the universe.

Far from a moustache twirling villain lol. Thanos's plan to wipe out half the universe due to over population which destroyed his home planet. You can even see it in his face, he is clearly hurt and tortured when he has to kill his own daughter but it was a sacrifice for the greater good in his eyes.

ManEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 268

@reemas: Yeah... No. Capital NNo. I'm running the risk of countering your valid opinion in a very disrespectful manner, so instead I will say I disagree with your interpretation. However, it is YOUR interpretation of a character and its circumstances, which makes it as valid as my own opposite interpreation of the same.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close for me, but going Omni-Man. Both are great villains, but what gives Nolan the edge is that he’s the better written of the two

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omni-Man. He really made me hate him. If you could do that, that makes you a better villain.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thanos. Omni man's motivation was pretty underwhelming to me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers