Better Villain: MCU Thanos or FOX Magneto?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Better Villain: MCU Thanos or FOX Magneto? (37 votes)

Thanos (IW/EG) 22%
Magneto (Fassbender version) 78%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which one did you like more? I'll go with Mags, because his motivation is more plausible and he had better acting.

• 
nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nn5

Thanos easily.

Fassbender at his very best (Argentina scene) is bit better than Thanos' best scenes but on consistent basis, Thanos steals every scene he's in while Magneto becomes more boring with every movie.

And Magneto's motivations are less convincing than Thanos' IMO. I don't find it plausible that he becomes anti-human mutant extremist when other mutant was mainly responsible for his mother's death.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto. His message and ruthlessness are so much more powerful and resonant. Fassbender’s performance is amazing 90% of the time while Thanos can come across as a bit of a big bad gimmick

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Magneto got better motivation, but he's not quite as intimidating as a villain like Thanos, so I'll go with Thanos.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, by far as a character. Factoring in the performances, I'd still lean Thanos.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killbilly  Moderator

@boc said:

Thanos, by far as a character. Factoring in the performances, I'd still lean Thanos.

Uh, why? His motivation didn't really make any sense and even if it did, it's a utilitarian goal, not one that is as relatable and human as Erik's own ( the desire to never see what happened to his people happen to mutants ).

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly:

His motivation didn't really make any sense

Why not?

Uh, why? It's a utilitarian goal, not one that is as relatable and human as Erik's own ( the desire to never see what happened to his people happen to mutants ).

To be fair, I think characters are entirely subjective. I could write out the aspects of Thanos' character, but I'm sure you are aware of them. I simply think his character is a lot better, due to it interesting me much more and evoking more emotion.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanos

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thanos. Fox magneto is around 100 years old and inexplicably didn’t age.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thanos. Fox magneto is around 100 years old and inexplicably didn’t age.

As it should be in the comics...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f21eeede17ce
deactivated-5f21eeede17ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@boc said:

@killbilly:

Why not?

Uh, why? It's a utilitarian goal, not one that is as relatable and human as Erik's own ( the desire to never see what happened to his people happen to mutants ).

To be fair, I think characters are entirely subjective. I could write out the aspects of Thanos' character, but I'm sure you are aware of them. I simply think his character is a lot better, due to it interesting me much more and evoking more emotion.

Because killing half of all life is a temporary fix that would be completely negated within a few generations...

Just noticed I used the term "motivation" should've said "method."

Fair enough.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly:

Because killing half of all life is a temporary fix that would be completely negated within a few generations...

Ah. Yeah, small plot holes like this don't really effect my view of the character.

Avatar image for eternalgodofwar
EternalGodOfWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto but its close.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killbilly  Moderator

@boc said:

@killbilly:

Ah. Yeah, small plot holes like this don't really effect my view of the character.

I wouldn't exactly call that small... But fair enough.

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@killbilly:

Why not?

Fair enough.

You think making half of the creature in the universe disappear in a snap won't have any long term effect on the civilizations in the universe?

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t rlly get how this is a debate. Thanos is so less nuanced and showed up as a big block buster baddie

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@a8612152 said:
@killbilly said:
@boc said:

@killbilly:

Why not?

Fair enough.

You think making half of the creature in the universe disappear in a snap won't have any long term effect on the civilizations in the universe?

Of course it would. But not on the aspects Thanos wanted to affect. I.E. population control.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f272e5ba44a1
deactivated-5f272e5ba44a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is dumb

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points