Better Trilogy: Nolan Batman or Raimi Spider-Man

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better Trilogy: Nolan Batman or Raimi Spider-Man (45 votes)

Nolan Batman 87%
Raimi Spidey 13%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which one did you like more? IMO TDK and TDKR are both miles ahead any Spider-Man movie. the villains, writing, cinematography, soundtrack and special effects are all on TDKR side meanwhile raimi didn’t hold up very well, the only movie comparable is Spider-Man 2 and still it’s at Batman Begins level at best. Let me know what you think

• 
krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Nolan Batman, and it's not even remotely close. A mismatch, tbh.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gateofbabylon: based on? I can’t find any post with a direct comparison btw.

LorenzoDeSila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan by far

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 krisbishop  Moderator

@onlyoneempereor: TDK Trilogy is just plainly far superior to Raimi in every single way. You stated so yourself too. Only comparable one is SM2's action and villain. But Doc Ock is vastly overshadowed by Joker so it doesn't matter.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gateofbabylon: Yep, only action can be comparable and it’s one of the nitpick of trilogy but I wanna know what’s the general convo.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel the Raimi Trilogy is being underrated, but I haven't seen the Nolan Trilogy in years so I'll wait until I rewatch them to give a verdict.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight solos

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

I feel the Raimi Trilogy is being underrated, but I haven't seen the Nolan Trilogy in years so I'll wait until I rewatch them to give a verdict.

They are overrated tbh, only Spider-Man 2 is good.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlyoneempereor:

Disagree. Spider-Man was great, Spider-Man 2 was amazing, and Spider-Man 3 was good/decent. What really weighed the latter down was Venom and parts of Harry's arc; other than that it had some great moments that could carry it imo, such as Sandman's creation scene. I'm sure it's overrated too, maybe even by myself, but I've experienced more lowball than anything.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@onlyoneempereor:

Disagree. Spider-Man was great, Spider-Man 2 was amazing, and Spider-Man 3 was good/decent. What really weighed the latter down was Venom and parts of Harry's arc; other than that it had some great moments that could carry it imo, such as Sandman's creation scene. I'm sure it's overrated too, maybe even by myself, but I've experienced more lowball than anything.

Spider-Man 1 is an OK movie, Spider-Man 3 was complete garbage. Spider-Man 2 i like it so i can agree with it even tho i don't find it good as TFA or Civil War.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dbdb3c31507c
deactivated-5dbdb3c31507c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK one shots.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'm weighing the averages of all the films, Spider-Man 3 really brings it down. Had it been as good as 1 or 2, this might have been a discussion but it's a mismatch.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By infantfinite128

They're both my favorite superhero trilogies, but The Dark Knight Trilogy is better and I prefer it.

I think Spider-man 2 is a great movie so I disagree that The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are miles ahead.

Although, they had more political intrigue than any superhero movie.

This line resonates with current American culture:

Loading Video...

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlyoneempereor:

Spider-Man 1 is an OK movie, Spider-Man 3 was complete garbage. Spider-Man 2 i like it so i can agree with it even tho i don't find it good as TFA or Civil War.

Agree to disagree.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: SM2 is decent but still nostalgia. It’s generic and load of cliches, BB and TDK got none.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlyoneempereor: I watched it recently. The action is better than most superhero movies. There's some cheese, but overall the blend of character, action, and humor is well done.

Performance-wise, there wasn't a Maggie Gyllenhaal to take me out of the movie. I was glad, not sad when Rachael's screen time was done.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OnlyOneEmpereor

@infantfinite128: Humor was meh, pacing was meh, the story isn’t that good, doc ock was good but nothing special, the dialogue didn’t hold up well, the directing is standard. Rachel is a way better actress than Kirsten Dunst which was terrible. You have Gordon , Two Face , Joker and Batman all great charachters and acting in a single movie lol.

TDK is Far better imo, Spider Man 2 is still good a 7/10 comparable to BB.

its a good movie but it has hold up pretty bad

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlyoneempereor: Heath Ledger and Christian Bale's acting is so good that Maggie's performance takes me out of it. And I don't buy the Joker's "And you are beautiful" line. That took me out of that great scene. Also, the pacing of The Dark Knight was off. It went and on and on. And for such a corrupt city, I don't buy that boat sequence. Gotham citizens would have blown each other up.

The train sequence in Spider-man 2 is better than most action movie scenes from any movie. I also buy what Dock Ock was able to accomplish more than the Joker.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: Doc Ock lmao. TDK pacing was perfect, Spider Man 2 pacing has literally no action scenes and just the whole relatable stuff did over and over and over.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlyoneempereor: Disagree. After they captured the Joker after the Gordon reveal, the movie kept going.

What do you mean no actions scenes?

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: Yes the movie kept going pretty well with Two-Face too.

Spider Man 2 has an action scene after a lot of minutes and just the whole “quitting” stuff is overlong and the pizza stuff too, it’s ok to be about Peter but doc ock is literally a plot device here.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite threads are not allowed

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlyoneempereor: It's still good after that point. I think almost, if not every scene of The Dark Knight was good, and I would not say that about Spider-man 2. The beginning conversation with Peter and MJ made me want to shut the movie off, and I don't think Dock Ock is that interesting of a character, but Peter's arc of learning to be a self-sacrificial hero made up for it. I can understand if you think that his arc was cliche, and I might have enjoyed it so much more because I was so sick of the clown humor and explosions of the MCU, that seeing Peter's humanity was a breath of fresh air.

My beef with the Joker is that I thought he was great in every scene, but I didn't buy he could accomplish all that he did.

I also had it in the back of my mind that when Batman saved Rachael, his body should have been busted up in that first dive when they landed on the car.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be locked Nolan Batman is leagues better than Raimi Spiderman all 3 movies are soild and very good with one being exceptional Spiderman has 1 good movie... 1 mediocre movie and one bad movie

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a comment that said the Nolan trilogy had no clichés.

Stop it.

yes it did.

1. Batman wants to give up being the hero for a girl

2. Batman revealed his identity to a girl with a corny line

3. The evil guys on the boat who you thought would blow up the other Boat..... DIDN'T cause they're all sweethearts deep down.

4. Jokers boat plan is foiled by niceness (which for the record I still borderline believe was just a way to give dent time to do some evil stuff cause what a pointless plan so yeah I've always taken that part to be a misdirection anyway and Joker was self sacrificial enough to just let himself get caught so that Harvey could backtrack all their crime fighting progress)

Anyway, I like spiderman 1 and 2 more than Begins and Rises, but of course The Dark Knight crushes Spidey 1 and 3, so it's kind of a toss up for me.

Mainly because I'm not a Nolan wanker and don't accept awful action scenes and lame final acts three movies in a row. Also, no, Bane was not good, and he was not a deep character.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Batman Begins >> Spider-Man

The Dark Knight > Spider-Man 2

The Dark Knight Rises >>>>>> Spider-Man 3

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan trilogy outtright stomps.

Spiderman 2 isn't enough to carry the Raimi trilogy given its the best one in the series and yet not even better than a single Nolan movie.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minorincon32: lol the raimi is FULL of cliches, Bane doesn’t look like the same villain tbh. Joker boat plan could have gone either way, nitpicking. The third acts were ok.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlyoneempereor:I'd say Bane won too if he didn't seem so unfazed that Bruce came back to Gotham. Perhaps, he got someone with magic back fixing punches as well.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers