• 55 results
Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) 11 days, 9 hours ago

Poll: Better movie Guardians of the galaxy or Aquaman (91 votes)

Guardians of the galaxy 65%
Aquaman 35%

which one ?

#51 Posted by IPvMan (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Never said it wasn't corny or silly and I don't have anything against that. They deliberately tried to make Aquaman brighter and more bubbly than past DCEU movies. I said GotG was too corny for me. Aquaman's action is also leagues better from beginning to end.

#52 Edited by Mister_Surreal (7961 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: I just liked the movie more. The Aquaman movie’s plot was kind of flat and boring, the visual sequences were the only good part of it for me.

#53 Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: now I understand

Carp compareing it to the dark Knight was a big mistake for me

#54 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

AQUAMAN STOMPS, at everything, visual effects, action scenes, story, villains …. EVERYTHING!

#56 Posted by Supermanthor (13714 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#57 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both but maybe guardians because of humour

#58 Posted by MarvelBuffNerd (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Both great movies in very different ways IMO. Aquaman was a spectacle, and awesome to watch with great characters played by great actors. That being said, it was never more than a fun time for me, i never really got that emotional goosebump feeling like is so common with these CBM stories as people grow and change. I wanted the moment he dropped down in comic book armor to feel a little stronger than it did, that was one of the highlights i was looking forward to in the movie. GOTG is just as fun to watch and is a spectacle for sure, but I felt the emotional undertones like I was supposed to, and related to the broken person/broken family theme, as I imagine a lot of people did. Seeing all the misfits come together was great, and the 3rd act was quite enjoyable too, I didn't mind Ronan at all even though he was a little too "evil villainish". Both great movies, but IMO GOTG is the better movie for sure.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#59 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15387 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman was good, but GotG was just flat out better.