• 81 results
Posted by Trust_This_786 (1623 posts) 10 months, 26 days ago

Poll: Better fight scene (MOS VS TWS) (90 votes)

Cap vs Bucky(highway scene) 60%
Superman vs Faora 40%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#51 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9294 posts) - - Show Bio

@nicksmi56: not really because the Main goal is for him in the movie is to defeat Zod, he couldn't accomplish that without the Military. It'd be ridiculous for him to get the trust of every single person in the military within one film because he's an alien and there's people in the military with different level of authority that he didn't even get to meet. But he did enough in that scene to reach the goal.

#52 Posted by ridd (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS

#53 Posted by buildhare (6544 posts) - - Show Bio

The Smallville fight was great, couldn't ask for a better super-powered fight between two invincible beings who can bend steel like nothing. However, The Winter Soldier fight scene left me speechless. It was fantastic. I vote Winter Soldier

Pretty much this. One thing I will not dispute about MOS is that they nailed the fighting, but the highway fight was something else.

#54 Posted by LDM (2965 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap vs Bucky and it is not even close for me

#55 Posted by gunmetalgrey (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that was actually a fight.

It was obvious how badly out-skilled Clark was even when Faora and the others were still just getting used to their powers.

#56 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter soldier scene was great, but man of steel was a lot much more fun to watch.

I suppose it is because we have way too many good fight scenes on street level, so winter soldier looks a lot less impressive. Not so much in powerhourse tier, neo vs smith is the only real competition I can think of. While winter soldier tracks are probably my favourite in mcu, hans zimmer is in a league of his own. Just to be clear, I am going with superman vs zod final over the highway fight here, as they were the top scenes of the respective movies for me.

#57 Posted by Stefano (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

Highway fight by far! MOS fight was basically Clark and the evil kryptonions punching each other through buildings. The highway fight had bar better choreography.

#58 Posted by Transformaa (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Mos easy..the power and speed scale still stands superior till this day

#59 Posted by Kingyang (686 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#60 Edited by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: not really because the Main goal is for him in the movie is to defeat Zod, he couldn't accomplish that without the Military. It'd be ridiculous for him to get the trust of every single person in the military within one film because he's an alien and there's people in the military with different level of authority that he didn't even get to meet. But he did enough in that scene to reach the goal.

I'm not asking for him to gain the trust of every single human, I'm asking for him gaining the trust of the people he did to mean more than "We'll help you for one action scene and then it's right back to how we were in the first place, except the audience is supposed to feel that we have this nonexistent bond now." And the hilarious thing is they send him to get crushed by that weight himself instead of working together. You couldn't write in a scene where Superman actually requires the help of humanity besides "I can't be in two places at once!"? Where after an entire film of being told how much humanity sucks and we don't deserve Superman, we get to prove we do? If you're gonna try and establish a bond between Superman and humanity, put the work in! Spider-Man got this all the way back in 2002! Supergirl got it in a random episode!

And I'm asking for Faora to be worth more than "MUAHAHAHAHA!" She's literally a mook that lives longer than the average mook. There's nothing to her. I mean, I guess we should be happy she got lines, unlike the other dude? Did they even say his name? The only reason these two are here is because they're always in live action with Zod. We could easily have the military turn around on Superman in his fight with Zod and have the exact same effect.

In fact, remember when Zod says "I'm going to kill every last one of them!" and then proceeds to completely ignore the humans til the end of their fight? If they followed through on that and actually had him target the humans instead of Superman, that would've been a perfect place for their opinions to turn.

#61 Posted by Farkam (10522 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap vs Bucky easy. Faora is a BAMF though.

#62 Posted by MAZAHS117 (9788 posts) - - Show Bio

It was great to see Superman/Kryptonians battle like they should finally....but that knife flip doe

#63 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9294 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#64 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (9294 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by deltahuman (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: you literally stole words from my mouth. This is exactly what I feel about both the scenes. Clark vs Faora clearly shows how powerful Kryptonians are, Gods fighting among humans and all the puny humans can do is watch the whole scene helplessly and hope they don't get in between the whole clash. The beginning sequence of BvS where Bruce rushes to Wayne tower while Superman and Zod were fighting was pretty substantial too. I feel that this opening Sequence of BvS was among the best ever in CBMs. I mean it qas literally like Gods fighting among men, the earth shaking, unstoppable destruction, with people running in fear and total chaos while this apocalyptic battle raged on. It simply shows that Kryptonians are Gods among men.

Cap vs Bucky has as you said, a lot at stake. Cap had to stop slaughter of millions of people, running out of time and out of nowhere this assasin appears, who's literally like a ghost. And then everything goes downhill. Cap gets blown away, Assasin wreaks havoc and just as the assasin is about to finish Black Widow, Cap comes as the embodiment of hope, takes him head on only to realise that the assasin is as skilled fast and strong as he is. This assasin pushes him to his limits. For the first time in his life, he is a little terrified internally. What if he fails. No he can't. He gives everything he's got and manages to disarm the assasin and unmask him only to realise, Its his best friend from 70 years ago. Wheat?

#67 Posted by Transformaa (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

City destroying..concrete cracking fight vs Hand to hand patty cake fight..hmm....

Avatar image for captain_inverse
#68 Edited by captain_inverse (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

just another thing the MCU beats DC in XD

Micheal Bay type explosions =/= good cinematic fights

#69 Edited by DammeFavour (5390 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_inverse: lol....what? How do u expect a superhuman fight to go down? Like thor vs loki?

#70 Posted by Mfundroid (2895 posts) - - Show Bio

TWS highway fight in its entirety. The choreography was off the chain, it felt really personal. It's what hand to hand combat should be like anyway.

#71 Posted by Reactor (3952 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight that didn't look like a street dance

#72 Edited by GXrevs06 (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

MOS>TWS. Come at me.

#73 Edited by foxerdes (7327 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually prefer TWS just a little bit more. Zod v Superman is another story.

#74 Posted by Revive (530 posts) - - Show Bio

The Winter Solder.

#75 Posted by Iara (970 posts) - - Show Bio

The MoS fight was unlike anything I've seen before and was done really well. The Cap vs Bucky fight was good but if you want some ground breaking hand to hand fight scenes you should probably watch The Raid or The Raid 2. Both were really fun to watch though.

#76 Posted by Superhero24 (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

The highway scene seemed to have more effort in planning and fight choreography. I also liked it more. The Winter Soldier music also got me hyped. Man of steel fight scene is probably the best powerhouse vs powerhouse fight in movies though. It was good.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
#77 Posted by captain_inverse (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour said:

@captain_inverse: lol....what? How do u expect a superhuman fight to go down? Like thor vs loki?

well yes, in some instances.... there are very different dynamics people generally look for in fights & what appeals to them. For me, the exchange/parrying/counters/reversals between Cap & bucky was better done than the MoS fights. While the MoS did have some aspects that were really well choreographed & very cool visually , in the end CA:WS was better done

#78 Edited by DammeFavour (5390 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain_inverse: yea....but this is a fight between people that can destroy a city with their bare hands. And it depicts a farmer fighting a soldier, that's very evident in the MOS fight

#79 Posted by GodEmperor123 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

we have seen martial arts fights before. but a clash of superpowered beings with modern effects capabilities, MOS was the first in the door portraying that in a convincing and epic way

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#80 Posted by war of light_2814 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

TWS.

I liked both of them, though.

#81 Posted by The_Magister (3196 posts) - - Show Bio

TWS stomps. The technique used is far superior.