• 81 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better fight scene (MOS VS TWS) (94 votes)

Cap vs Bucky(highway scene) 61%
Superman vs Faora 39%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nobody really???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emperorthanos-  Moderator  Online

I really enjoyed the Bucky vs Cap fight. Though the MOS fight wasn't too bad either.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill go with the scene from the movie that didnt suck. lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the MOS scene by a slight margin.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap and WS.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highway fight. Superman vs Faora was just more noise in a movie that had too much noise to begin with. Highway fight actually had power dynamics, choreography and a story payoff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: I think ur just typing words u don't know the significance of

Spiderj12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS. I was expecting a Cap n Bucky fight to go like that. I did not expect Superman to get straight up HANDLED like he did. He got embarrassed by Faora. Plus they're superstrong, etc so I like that.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By buttersdaman000

MoS is easily the better and more standout fight scene. If I wanted a good 1 v 1 street level battle I could go watch the Raid movies or something, not a MCU movie. On the other hand, you can't find fights like MoS in any other movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour said:

@nicksmi56: I think ur just typing words u don't know the significance of

And what makes you say that?

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: bro you're talking without justifying your point. So you're telling me that the smallville fight didn't have a story pay off.

Yep. The point of all of this is the world is saved and Zod dies. This fight doesn't need to go on for an hour to accomplish that. It's just empty spectacle.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: you mean fights that cause wanton property damage by powerhouses? Too many to name, but Mets start with almost any Michael Bay movie featuring powerhouses

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: you mean fights that cause wanton property damage by powerhouses? Too many to name, but Mets start with almost any Michael Bay movie featuring powerhouses

What a dumb generic response lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I've seen many street level fights and I didn't love TWS for it's fight scenes. MoS though, that's how you do power house level fights. Style and strength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: because u didn't justify any of ur point.

Yep. The point of all of this is the world is saved and Zod dies. This fight doesn't need to go on for an hour to accomplish that. It's just empty spectacle.

i could say the same thing about the highway fight, the fight was a couple of minutes at most, even shorter than the highway fight i think. "the point of all this is the world is saved and hydra dies. it's just empty spectacle." right?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might as well bring in Godzilla. If Snyder knows one thing, it's how to choreograph a fight scene. It had combos and weight to it. The Transformers flicks are pretty bland and just about explosions, at times you can't even tell what's going on

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brucerogers

@buttersdaman000: Just calling it the way I see it.MOS had nothing unique in terms of choreograpy. It was just mindless high speed destruction.

Not that it made it any less enjoyable

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WS>>>>>>>MoS in everything.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Just calling it the way I see it.MOS had nothing unique in terms of choreograpy. It was just mindless high speed destruction.

Not that it made it any less enjoyable

And Cap flipped a knife. There a much better street level fights in other action movies. There's nothing like the fights in MoS in any other movie. The Transformer films aren't even comparable in this regard.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: bro you're talking without justifying your point. So you're telling me that the smallville fight didn't have a story pay off.

Hyperbole and missing the point. It's statements like this that were the most fun to fight during the MoS days pre BvS. I'm done with that life though, I jsut wanna say you're wrong and that you should just not bring up MOS if you're gonna make this many bad points.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour said:

@nicksmi56: because u didn't justify any of ur point.

i could say the same thing about the highway fight, the fight was a couple of minutes at most, even shorter than the highway fight i think. "the point of all this is the world is saved and hydra dies. it's just empty spectacle." right?

No, because the point of the highway fight is to establish Bucky as a physical threat for Cap, the reveal that he is Bucky, and what that means to Cap. All of these seeds are planted for the finale where Cap takes on Bucky, gives up after doing what he has to and Bucky saves his life, all of which are important character moments.

By contrast, Faora's fight means nothing. Faora has no character besides "I'm strong and don't like humans." They both can't be hurt so no lasting damage is done, and she never meets Superman again after this, instead being taken out by the army. We could've skipped right to Superman vs. Zod and not lose anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Whatever you say, man. What was even the point of posting that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: other than the fact that the battle shows superman's allegiance to the military heh? sure. lets just ignore everything because u didn't like the movie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: other than the fact that the battle shows superman's allegiance to the military heh? sure. lets just ignore everything because u didn't like the movie

The same military whose satellite he destroys in the end?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Outside_85

Are we talking just these two parts of the fight thats capture in the gifs or are we talking the whole thing? If we are just taking these two bits, it's a bit of an unfair fight because WS has 2 highly trained combatants while you have only one highly trained combatant and a mook in MoS.

The whole package however belongs to MoS because it's firing on all cylinders all the way through it once Zod takes off and demonstrates just how powerful the Kryptonians are. While we have kinda already seen what WS can do and theres just a bit too much of everyone running around looking for cover... that knife scene is to me the only real highlight of it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because I find your poitns so wrong that they bug me. Not to mention you over analyse TWS, but don't give MoS the same credit and downplay the intent of the movie. To me, it jsut shows a lack of objectiveness. Like when RLM dissed on Rogue one, but loved TFA despite it having the same problems they claim RO had.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:

Because I find your poitns so wrong that they bug me. Not to mention you over analyse TWS, but don't give MoS the same credit and downplay the intent of the movie. To me, it jsut shows a lack of objectiveness. Like when RLM dissed on Rogue one, but loved TFA despite it having the same problems they claim RO had.

Um, sure. And I guess that's your opinion and all. I just find MoS to be exceedingly vapid as a film, especially when it turns its own brain off to go smash stuff for an hour. It's the main reason I can't get through the movie anymore. What's the point of sitting through all those speeches when they lead to nowhere?

But if you like it, great.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

MoS is easily the better and more standout fight scene. If I wanted a good 1 v 1 street level battle I could go watch the Raid movies or something, not a MCU movie. On the other hand, you can't find fights like MoS in any other movie.

I imagine that'll sadly be true for the future too because when the movie came out, so many people overacted to it. Yes, there was a horrible and terrifying amount of destruction but 99% was caused by the villains of the movie. The way people reacted to it, you'd think Superman was just personally going around the city for an hour and breaking everyone's necks one-by-one. You get that level of criticism against you and that tends to make studios have second thoughts about doing anything even close to it again.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Cap vs Bucky was far superior an action scene than the Smallville brawl. The smallville brawl had an unnecessarily shaky camera that made it super hard to enjoy the awesome fight scenes that were going on. It was poorly edited whereas Cap vs Bucky was a brilliant action sequence.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

The Smallville scene was definitely the best fight of the movie.

• It was stylishly shot/constructed from a visual perspective.
  • It made Superman feel powerful while also making him feel genuinely pressed.
  • It built on Faora's character and the theme of the movie while also presenting action.
  • It had scope and physical heft to it without the need to blow up a hundred buildings.
  • It had the human element from the soldiers layered in without cluttering the scene, which allowed a rookie Superman to awkwardly try to save people.

TWS fight is also great:

• The soundtrack to that scene is phenomenal, the Winter Soldier screech followed by the 'duuuum' whilst Cap leaps in to save Widow is one of the most heroic fist-pump moments in a CBM ever.
  • The illusion of Cap being overwhelmed by this relentless, Terminator-like beast who's been set up throughout and just keeps coming and coming, pulling something new out, here a gun, there a knife. The momentum of the scene is just great. When you break it down, it's really just that Cap is taking a total defensive while TWS is taking a total offensive, which highlights their clashing ideologies and weapons, but when I first saw that in the cinema I thought Cap was getting his arse handed to him, it gives a really good underdog feel to Steve.
  • The narrative and character buildup (Widow in peril, Fury's 'death', TWS chase and shield catch) going into the scene are both significantly better than MOS' and permeate throughout.
  • The pay-off is also much better.
  • The fight itself was stylishly choreographed and slickly edited, a film that actually uses shaky cam well.

I don't know, both are very good. I think it would come down to if you prefer to see a street-level superhero fight or a powerhouse superhero fight.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Smallville fight was great, couldn't ask for a better super-powered fight between two invincible beings who can bend steel like nothing. However, The Winter Soldier fight scene left me speechless. It was fantastic. I vote Winter Soldier

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_stegman  Moderator

MOS

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• They were both good..
  • But the fight choreography in that Winter Soldier highway fight scene wan in a different hemisphere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: incorrect the fight with Faora didn't last an hour, and the goal was for the humans to gain Supermans trust.

You know what I mean. I mean how the film just stops to crash and bang for an hour. Faora vs Superman, Superman vs Zod, it all bleeds together. And you mean that the other way around, right? Regardless, it's not even humanity that he gains the trust of, it's the military. For like a day or so before they go right back to distrusting him and trying to figure out who he is.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between these two, I'd actually go with MoS. I'd probably take Clark vs. Zod over the final fight between Cap and Bucky as well.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora's fight scenes were an absolute delight to watch.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DarthAznable

MOS. That Smallville fight was dope. The Highway fight in WS was amazing when I first saw it but the more I watch it, the less impressed I am. There are much better choreographed movies than both tho.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap vs Bucky hands down

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cap vs Bucky. I really loved to watch hand-to-hand combat fight. It was epic and just better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

@nicksmi56: but now you're adding another layer to the discussion, the question is simple which is the better fight scene not which film has the better 3rd act. And whether it's military or humanity you realise that, that's still a story payoff?

Right. And to me the highway fight is a better fight scene because I believe there's more to a fight scene than looking nice.

And does it count as story payoff if it ends up going absolutely nowhere? I mean, I guess you can count the military helping to take out Zod's cronies if you really want, but by the end of the film, the military is still just as distrustful of Superman as they would've been if he had revealed himself earlier, Superman is still helping people just like he's been doing the entire film, Faora's whole evolution speech amounted to nothing in the end, etc. Like I said, we could delete that fight scene and lose pretty much nothing but eye candy.