Better fight scene: Hulkbuster vs Hulk / Thor vs Hulk

• 57 results
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Better fight scene: Hulkbuster vs Hulk / Thor vs Hulk (106 votes)

Hulkbuster vs Hulk 32%
Thor vs Hulk 68%
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Which fight was better ??

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thor vs Hulk.

HDoom16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster unfortunately. It was actually a spectacle to watch, and you couldn't really tell who was gonna win . In Ragnarok, They had just had Thor rag doll Hulk around it was ridiculous. He gets crushed by hulk with mjolnir, but suddenly hulk can barely keep up with Thor using rando weapons? It's like they forgot or something. It's really disappointing. They hyped up the Thor and Hulk thing a lot, especially the fight, but when it got down to it, they really wanked Thor.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

giantmansolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

offtopic, but if those proportions are correct, Thor is barely taller than Hulkbusters knee?

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked Hulkbuster fight better.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulkbuster vs. It had more collateral damage and it felt like a more critical event. Ultimately, it didn't matter who won Hulk vs. Thor.

Wolderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster. Thor fight was underwhelming and short

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both fights were structured in the same way, but Thor/Hulk was a nostalgic scene playing to their history in the comics.

Funny how the collateral damage adds the drama for the Hulkbuster scene but creates such controversy when it comes to Superman fighting Zod.

The Thor/Hulk fight was cut short but both were allowed to shine. One thing I noticed is that Thor and Hulk are clearly head and shoulders above their Avengers teammates, which explains why they may appear underwhelming in the Avengers flicks, and were left out of Civil War.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a235d4b20340
deactivated-5a235d4b20340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor vs Hulk for sure. That's the best fight scene we've had in the MCU so far

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor vs Hulk

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is ridiculous looking back on how Tony was able to fight Thor in a regular suit in Avengers. Makes no sense that he needs a Hulkbuster for Hulk but only a regular suit for Thor.

Anyway, I liked Thor vs Hulk better. Seeing Thor fight with lightning without his hammer was awesome, and both of them were complete tanks.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

It is ridiculous looking back on how Tony was able to fight Thor in a regular suit in Avengers. Makes no sense that he needs a Hulkbuster for Hulk but only a regular suit for Thor.

Anyway, I liked Thor vs Hulk better. Seeing Thor fight with lightning without his hammer was awesome, and both of them were complete tanks.

Iron Man is Joss Whedon´s baby, he´d never have him lose a fight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MonsterStomp

What's the diff?

Both times Hulk was beat. Pretty embarrassing tbh.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster, Thor vs Hulk was lame.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor vs Hulk was much better. The other fight had too much Tony Stark in it.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor vs Hulk

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Thor vs Hulk. It made more sense, had more epic moments and the humour was better than Hulkbuster vs Hulk as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Iron Man is Joss Whedon´s baby, he´d never have him lose a fight.

Too be fair, Thor didn't look like he was going all out with Iron Man.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Hulkbuster for me. For starters, it's longer I think. And I don't really like Cage/Arena fights. The ability to use the surroundings to make the fight more visually appealing is difficult in cage fights. Hulk vs Hulkbuster is more epic in that sense. It's not just trading blows.. It's about the effects on the surroundings, civilians etc that makes a fight more interesting for me.

DonWayneII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DonWayneII

Hulkbuster vs Hulk had way better CGI, also Thor vs Hulk fight was pretty ehh after second viewing

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lvenger said:

Thor vs Hulk. It made more sense, had more epic moments and the humour was better than Hulkbuster vs Hulk as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the diff?

Both times Hulk was beat. Pretty embarrassing tbh.

Hm I distinctly remember Hulk jumping like 50 stories in the air and KO'ing Thor. Also known as winning. I also remember Hulk basically taking no damage form that huge punch Thor gave him that made a shockwave. Hulk was a complete tank vs Thor and he was awesome.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor vs hulk.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both fights were structured in the same way, but Thor/Hulk was a nostalgic scene playing to their history in the comics.

Funny how the collateral damage adds the drama for the Hulkbuster scene but creates such controversy when it comes to Superman fighting Zod.

The Thor/Hulk fight was cut short but both were allowed to shine. One thing I noticed is that Thor and Hulk are clearly head and shoulders above their Avengers teammates, which explains why they may appear underwhelming in the Avengers flicks, and were left out of Civil War.

well you see Hulk is known for being relentless over his surroundings and property damage has never been a priority for him. Also Iron Man was clearly trying to avoid the city getting more damaged as well as the citizens getting hurt.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirNeko
@solid_snake97 said:
@haveatthee said:

well you see Hulk is known for being relentless over his surroundings and property damage has never been a priority for him. Also Iron Man was clearly trying to avoid the city getting more damaged as well as the citizens getting hurt.

Superman was also trying to avoid damage, but he was fighting a flying brick while Iron-Man isn't. Also while Hulk is known for collateral damage, every Superhero fight in comic books ends up with broken city blocks. You are saying like Superman doesn't break buildings in comic books.

OT: Thor vs Hulk was better. IM vs Hulk was meh.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Well you remember wrong. Hulk only won because the grandmaster interfered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Well you remember wrong. Hulk only won because the grandmaster interfered.

Well your original statement was that Hulk was beat both times. Now that you've changed to "Hulk only won because..." I think you realize that that isn't true.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MonsterStomp

@jayc1324: Hulk did get beat both times. Its not rocket science. Thor had the clear upper hand in their fight, had the fight prolonged Thor clearly would have won. And while Star had a tougher time, he managed to take him out too.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

offtopic, but if those proportions are correct, Thor is barely taller than Hulkbusters knee?

The angrier Hulk is, the bigger he gets.

I'm guessing that was an angry Hulk.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By GreenScar1990

The fight between Hulk and Thor, while an inconclusive/stalemate at best as both were more than ready to continue beating on each other for hours (Hulk becoming angrier & stronger/powerful while Thor would continue to bust out the Thor-Force lightning), I found their battle to be a lot more entertaining and respectful than the Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fight was.

Hulk and Thor fought to a standstill which respected both characters and made them both look like incredibly powerful and nigh-unstoppable powerhouses (and I firmly believe it would have leveled the arena and most of Sakaar). The Hulkbuster fight didn't end well at all, with HB getting in a cheap-shot/sucker-punch to the Hulk while he was calming down and beginning to revert back to Banner.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By GreenScar1990

@monsterstomp:

You seem to forgotten some facts regarding the Hulk vs. Thor and Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fights. Such as :

1) Hulk and Thor fought to a virtual stalemate/inconclusive battle where both were still primed and ready to fight even after they pummeled one another, even if it meant annihilating the arena and most of Sakaar in the process.

2) The Hulkbuster only "succeeded" due to Wanda's spell being broken, the Hulk calming down and beginning to revert back to Banner after witnessing the horrific damage he had done, and lastly Stark's HB delivering a powerful cheap-shot/sucker-punch

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990:

1. You also forget that Thor had a technical power amp, and that Hulk's punches on Thor while he was unconscious did little to give Hulk the upper hand.

2. I would've thought your elaboration of context here would transfer to the former argument.

JangoGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People do seem to forget that Thor has been holding back since he's gotten his worthiness restriction. Beating Iron Man into a blood puddle would have been completely unnecessary and avoidable collateral damage on Thor's mission to retrieve Loki. Nothing worthy about unnecessary casualties or pissing contests.

Same with Hulk later in the same movie. Thor had no interest in killing either the Hulk or Banner. Thor was just trying to keep Hulk's attention on himself rather than the hellicarrier full of humans.

But in Ragnarok Thor was free from any worthiness restrictions. And he only truly began to fight after all his attempts to reason with Hulk and bring out Banner failed. When those options failed him and Thor said "All right. Screw it." that's when the actual fight started. From there Thor's vastly superior skill and experience as a trained fighter along with his godlike powerset and near equal strength and durability was more than Hulk could contend with. Had the fight continued the two would probably have ripped the planet apart.

Obviously, I say the Hulk vs Thor fight was better. Stark knocking Hulk out was pure plot convenience and contrived. There's really no comparing the two fights, in my opinion.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The underrated moment of the Hulk/Thor fight was seeing the Hulk with a look of concern toward the end. No, I'm not saying he was afraid (as Green Scar knows) but to him it was probably the first time perhaps ever that he felt threatened by an opponent. At no point was he ever worried about the Hulkbuster, until the spell was broken and he started to calm down.

As Green Scar put it, had the fight continued it would've caused massive damage.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: I don’t know what fights you were watching, but Thor was pretty clearly spanking Hulk until the Grandmaster interfered. If Thor had really wanted to put Banner down (which he didn’t at all), there was nothing Hulk could’ve done about it.

As for the fight in AoU, Hulk wasn’t reverting back to Banner. Yes, he’d calmed down somewhat, but you could see him getting pissed again when he snarled at the soldiers approaching him. That was just before Tony hit him. So was he in full on rage mode like he was before? No. But he very clearly was still mad enough to the point that turning back into Banner wasn’t going to happen. He was just weakened enough for Tony to put him down.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By IAmTheLaw

^ Spanking Hulk for a matter of two hits? Hulk had a longer period of pure dominance, just prior to the Odin vision. People need to realize that Thor prior to this film would have lost right there. He woke up with that huge lightning strike, knocking Hulk back. They ran at each other, he hit a massive lightning enhanced upper cut. That's 5 seconds of dominance before ...

The underrated moment of the Hulk/Thor fight was seeing the Hulk with a look of concern toward the end. No, I'm not saying he was afraid (as Green Scar knows) but to him it was probably the first time perhaps ever that he felt threatened by an opponent. At no point was he ever worried about the Hulkbuster, until the spell was broken and he started to calm down.

^ This. Hulk wasn't scared by any stretch, but he realized that he's in for a fight. He can't just run in blindly like he had been doing. Thor is a worthy (har.. har) opponent with incredible striking power, especially when Hulk is running straight into these massive hits.

Thor v Hulk fight >>>>>> Hulkbuster fight.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster vs Hulk was an actual fight. Thor vs Hulk was hyped up and Hulk barely put up a good fight.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39 JediXMan  Moderator

Hulkbuster vs. Hulk.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor v Hulk.

gulpaloyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: Hulk vs Thor for me because the color grading is better than the Hulkbuster fight. The Hulkbuster fight scene was a little bit painful to watch due to the color grading of the sunlight.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight where Hulk won

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor vs. Hulk was a vastly superior fight.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides when Hulk was pummeling Thor, I think a total of 12 to 15 blows were done in the Thor vs Hulk fight. It wasn't really a fight, as it was dialogue with a couple blows inbetween... Then again I didn't like any of Ragnarok's fight scenes, except for Surtur vs Hela which lasted all of ten seconds. They were short and the movie decided to focus more on humorous dialogue, character and lore development.

Like really...

Loading Video...

Why is there a 30 second scene of no fighting, I understand the context, it definitely makes the fight less impressive... unless you're into that milk in your coffee sort of stuff.

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor vs Hulk was more entertaining,

but I don't think it really was much of a fight compared to hulkbuster vs hulk

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both great, Hulk vs Hulkbuster had better CGI and was more of a fight but Thor vs Hulk was just amazing.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk vs Hulkbuster for me. For starters, it's longer I think. And I don't really like Cage/Arena fights. The ability to use the surroundings to make the fight more visually appealing is difficult in cage fights. Hulk vs Hulkbuster is more epic in that sense. It's not just trading blows.. It's about the effects on the surroundings, civilians etc that makes a fight more interesting for me.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman said:

Deltahuman summons up very well. I would also add that after watching both fights before commenting on this, the angry Hulk that fought the Hulkbuster seemed a lot stronger than the one Thor fought. The Hulkbuster and Hulk were knocking each other around the city and through buildings, while the Thor vs Hulk fight was confined to an arena. Sure there was some destruction, but the hits, level of destruction and more with the Hulkbuster fight were far better than the Thor vs Hulk fight. People were terrified of dying in the Hulkbuster fight, while people were entertained with the Thor vs Hulk fight because they knew that they were not in any real danger.