joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who is the better character who had the better Development better struggle in battles and who had the better come etc

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Who is the better character who had the better Development better struggle in battles and who had the better come etc

Come again?

OT: Naruto at the very least has a consistent and an actual character arc.

MatvelBo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

What a joke, Naruto in the first one hundred chapters has more depth and growth than gokus gotten in all of DB/Z and super.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto Is a Bad Character

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Goku's is more potent..

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto ofcourse, Goku has no character

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eri_Joni  Online

Naruto.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

naruto is 80% corny and apart from his badass moments boring ashell.

talk no jutsu is just......

but when it comes to actual character devolpment than naruto obviously.

but pls naruto fans, dont mistake character devolpment means better character.

and ppl saying goku got no character should stop posting at all.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto. Goku's character has been mostly stagnant for a while. Naruto has grown and we are currently seeing him adapt to having a child.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku has no character.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto.

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A rotting pumpkin has more character than Goku.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku's character development mostly happened off-screen between the King Piccolo and 23 WMAT sagas and later between the Frieza and Android saga. He does change, we just never see him change, we just see him before and after that.

So clearly Naruto.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killbilly  Moderator

Naruto.

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto.

ProphetYashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProphetYashawn

Naruto. Easy

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people are mistaken

Naruto and Goku both have character

Goku‘s character is just as stagnant as a rock, only DBZ Goku had any real character development and actually believed himself to be a hero and when he made mistakes he’d feel bad about them my evidence

Loading Video...

Watch the first 2 minutes of this we’re Goku is telling everybody why gohan should fight cell. Then look at he’s reaction when he’s wrong at time stamp 18:51.

Goku in Z wasn‘t dumb he had good plans even him sending Gohan out had logic behind It and when he was wrong he regretted the decision. Meanwhile in Super, Goku: Lets have a tournament I don’t care if the universe is erased, I’m a simp for fighting

To the Naruto fans I don’t need to explain, Naruto is fundamentally the same in personality but he’s gained maturity

Overall both characters haven’t changed on a fundamental level it’s just Goku has gotten stupid, it almost makes me with Z was its own timeline and had he’s own Z arc and the ToP was forced rather then caused by him.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Kidd

Naruto however the bar is low.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird. Naruto grows more than Goku but he doesn't actually change either.

I guess it's just that Naruto has more moral conflicts and important choices to make than Goku.

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Naruto. It's like Goku developed backwards in Super

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku does have character development. Especially if you wanna start from DB. But Naruto's is better.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku does have character development. Especially if you wanna start from DB. But Naruto's is better.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto

Both are naive as hell but I feel Naruto has been through a lot and learned a lot from part 1 to boruto while Goku is pretty much the same guy from DB.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Goku's pretty much been the same person since the start.

Naruto developed throughout the entire series.

Avatar image for deactivated-60584707e8b9b
deactivated-60584707e8b9b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku is way cooler as a character by far to me, especially in Z and GT, so Goku, i don't care if he didn't have any development cuz to me he never needed it (although giving the enemy a senzu bean so many times is becoming a little redundant)

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku is way cooler as a character by far to me, especially in Z and GT, so Goku, i don't care if he didn't have any development cuz to me he never needed it (although giving the enemy a senzu bean so many times is becoming a little redundant)

classic Goku wit his senzu beans 😂

OT: Naruto.

Avatar image for deactivated-60584707e8b9b
deactivated-60584707e8b9b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citgo: DBS ruined his character so bad, honestly people give it a lot of slack but I'd say Boruto and adult naruto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBS and that version of goku, although Z and GT Goku still on top for me

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sba_youngboy: tbf Goku been handing out free senzu's to almost all his foes 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citgo said:

@sba_youngboy: tbf Goku been handing out free senzu's to almost all his foes 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

Man pulling an Oprah Free Car Day on god 💀

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A rotting pumpkin has more character than Goku.

Lucius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lucius_

Physically developed Goku

Mentally Developed Naruto

Character Development Naruto

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd8682836c93
deactivated-5fd8682836c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fantastic4tress
Fantastic4tress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is odd the answer as the direction of 'better character development' makes this a unnecessary question.

Naruto has character driven and change arcs. While Goku is a character who other character change from, while he as a character experiences nearly no change to his character. His drive and reasons of devotion are mostly all the same. Goku is not styled to be a character with 'character development' in the traditional sense.

Though the 'who is a better character' is a topic for sure. These two are very different as individual characters as their designs and positions are very different from each other. For the stories they are telling, Goku is better. Goku is nearly irreplaceable in his verse, as he is such a unique specimen. Goku's uncultured and good-hearted behavior impacts so many aspects of his story and its characters.

Naruto is by no means not involved with the other characters and how they develop, but he is not the sole purpose for most of the events in his series, nor is he as impactful with other characters in his story as Goku is.

Though alot of Goku's grander in-series impact is from DB being more simplistic, while Naruto has more diverse character arcs, stories, and much more diversity.

Goku also has proven to be the better character IRL. Despite being more iconic, Goku has a more connecting and motivating character compared to Naruto when it comes to the audience.

As such, Naruto is the more interesting and better developed character. While Goku is the better character as a whole.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto had more development and growth but Goku never needed any to me honestly and was infinitely better than Naruto from the start.

SeiyaSaiyaJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SeiyaSaiyaJin

Both are really good in their own rights. But if I were to have a preference here, it would be Naruto.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto by a far margin.

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kilgpmktra

Goku gave Moro a senzu bean...lol

Goku is not developing he’s devolving

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is odd the answer as the direction of 'better character development' makes this a unnecessary question.

Naruto has character driven and change arcs. While Goku is a character who other character change from, while he as a character experiences nearly no change to his character. His drive and reasons of devotion are mostly all the same. Goku is not styled to be a character with 'character development' in the traditional sense.

Though the 'who is a better character' is a topic for sure. These two are very different as individual characters as their designs and positions are very different from each other. For the stories they are telling, Goku is better. Goku is nearly irreplaceable in his verse, as he is such a unique specimen. Goku's uncultured and good-hearted behavior impacts so many aspects of his story and its characters.

Naruto is by no means not involved with the other characters and how they develop, but he is not the sole purpose for most of the events in his series, nor is he as impactful with other characters in his story as Goku is.

Though alot of Goku's grander in-series impact is from DB being more simplistic, while Naruto has more diverse character arcs, stories, and much more diversity.

Goku also has proven to be the better character IRL. Despite being more iconic, Goku has a more connecting and motivating character compared to Naruto when it comes to the audience.

As such, Naruto is the more interesting and better developed character. While Goku is the better character as a whole.

This^

Goku is pretty well a completed character. Putting him into a 'who has better character development' does not work with his style of character.

It is like when I see people putting stuff like 'Vegeta vs Bakugo, which is the better rival character.' The question falls flat. With this example, Vegeta composes of many roles, but he is a rival second. While Bakugo is entirely their to embody the rival role. Many better examples and matches can be made. IDK if the thread maker is bias, has not thought this out, or if they just wanna see what the community thinks. However, the concept is entirely one-sided.

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku has decent development when you start from Dragonball. Overall, he was still just less complex than Naruto and the tone of the story was also a bit more simplistic by comparison.

mejames255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's interesting that people hate Goku, yet love Superman, who is a lot like Goku.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 takenstew22  Moderator

It's interesting that people hate Goku, yet love Superman, who is a lot like Goku.

He really isn't...

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't comment on the match-up, but character development isn't limited to a lot of change or complexity. You can have better development without being 'better' in either of those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd8682836c93
deactivated-5fd8682836c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic said:

Naruto had more development and growth but Goku never needed any to me honestly and was infinitely better than Naruto from the start.

Bullshit, Naruto Uzumaki has more development and growth, and yet goku doesn't need "any" development and is "infinitely" better, and from the "start"?

Ot: Naruto Uzumaki is actually a good character, something goku wishes he was.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gelato_exotic
@russia9090 said:
@gelato_exotic said:

Bullshit, Naruto Uzumaki has more development and growth, and yet goku doesn't need "any" development and is "infinitely" better, and from the "start"?

Ot: Uzumaki is actually a good character, something goku wishes he was.

Don't expect me to like Naruto more just because he changed a little bit throughout his life or just because he some oh so tragic deep backstory. Naruto had more development and from a subjective standpoint might be more """complex""" but that doesn't make him a better character than Goku.

Goku is and always has been way cooler and that's all I care about when deciding who I like more and who's better to me. His peak moments in Z/GT have always been>>>Naruto's. Naruto's pretty corny with his whole Talk No Jutsu and overblown moral compass.

And LOL at Goku wishing to be anything Naruto is, it's really the other way around.

And Goku's development>>>Naruto's still btw, more development=/= better development.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBS Goku gotta be the worst protagonist in history