Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) 1 month, 20 days ago

Poll: Better comics Daredevil or X Men ? (28 votes)

Daredevil 39%
X Men 61%

Which one ?

#1 Posted by TommytheHitman (6636 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Daredevil as I feel more affinity for the character.

#2 Posted by Koays (10947 posts) - - Show Bio

Recent years have not been kind to the X-Men.

Whereas Pre-AvX they were going through a period of overall growth and a defined franchise direction.

Post AvX X-Men suffered from everything under the sun from GREAT concepts with terrible plotting, zero resolutions to interesting plots, 42 issue books with zero tension, unlikeable characters, unwanted crossovers, dumb shit (What if the villains are Prof X's secret son from the future with Mystique....and he'll be partnered with Wolverines secret son from the future...also with Mystique....and then let's just do nothing with Mystique!!), and all of this capped off with them saying "You know that controversial character, who everyone argues about but all agree is the most interesting and plotline in the franchise at the moment?....Let's kill him and do a year and a half Inhuman crossover where we skip ahead to ensure that we have plot holes whenever we slip up and write something interesting"....

.(deep breaths)....

It's MUCH better now though.

#3 Posted by Risk0608 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I've struggled to read the X-Men comics over the years because it's been so damn convoluted and so much going on you need to reading multiple runs at the same time to even have an idea of what's happening. But the X-Men lore is good, and it spans far and wide. DD on the other-hand tell intimate, personal self-contained stories. I don't know, it depends on personal preference really. For me, I'm not exclusively into either one, but I do like the individual titles brought out of the X-Men like Wolverine and Nightcrawler. Outcasts are sort of my thing. So yeah, it's up to you honestly.

#4 Posted by Warlockmage (9041 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men... Days of Future Past(141-142 UXM), Dark Phoenix (129-138 UXM), God Loves Man Kills, Mutant Massacre, Wolverine's Wedding (172-173 UXM), New X-men, Wolverine vs The Reavers (251-253 UXM), and of course Hickman's Astonishing X-men

now Daredevil has had excellent stories as well, Bendis' Daredevil, Born Again (227-233 DD),Love and War, DD Yellow, and of course Shadowland

as you can see X-men have a wider variety of stories and DoFP and Dark Phoenix are simply better than any Daredevil story i have read. Makes it an easy choice for me

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
#5 Posted by deactivated-5c917f846ef0b (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men

#7 Posted by mrmonster (14635 posts) - - Show Bio

Born Again solos

#8 Posted by Batvibe12 (5570 posts) - - Show Bio

I rarely read Daredevil comics so X-Men by default.

#11 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: Two of Marvel's three best (the third being Spider-Man), this is hard. Oh well, I vote for X-Men on a whim.

#12 Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus2: agree spider man dare devil and x men had best comics in marvel

slimier to batman and superman for dc

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#14 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6015 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men by far.

#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (34328 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil. The X-Men don't have higher highs and their lows are more frequent and laughably worse. DD is the most consistently well written character in both major companies.

#16 Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#17 Posted by PurplePerson (880 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil. The X-Men don't have higher highs and their lows are more frequent and laughably worse. DD is the most consistently well written character in both major companies.

This. I might quibble with the higher highs point, both have brilliant highs, but there's no doubt DD is much more consistently good.

Also there are so many X-Men that I just don't care about and I don't want to read about. With Daredevil I can be sure that it's about Matt so I will care at least a little bit.

#18 Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#19 Posted by King-Ragnar (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, tho it's mostly a subjective matter.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#20 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, X Men have been big trash for a couple of years now.

In terms of legacy, it comes to all of Daredevil's great writers vs Claremont's Golden era of X Men, which I'll give to the latter if only because I've read most of Claremont's work on it, and barely any Daredevil.

#21 Edited by Combo-Man (221 posts) - - Show Bio

80s

the 80s was really strong for both titles. Claremont writing X-Men, Frank Miller and later Ann Nocenti writing Daredevil. both comics had great artists throughout the decade

90s

the 90s was a strong and eventful time for X-Men comics. Claremont, Lobdell and Nicieza wrote some of the best X-adventures ever during that decade. it also had great artists throughout the era such as Jim Lee, Andy Kubert, Romita Jr.

The 90s wasn't exactly a high point for Daredevil with the Fall From Grace story being the most notable arc, however that story is not really liked by fans. the short Kevin Smith run at the end of the decade was liked by most.

2000s

the 2000s was a disappointing and controversial time for X-Men. but the 2000s is considered a return to form for Daredevil after the mediocre 90s DD comics, with the Bendis and Brubaker runs being popular with fans.

both titles have had their ups and downs through the years, I've always preferred X-Men personally.

#22 Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

@combo-man: nice thanks for the information :)

#23 Posted by Combo-Man (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@combo-man: nice thanks for the information :)

No problem, btw which do you prefer?

#24 Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

@combo-man: well I like both but I prefer avengers over both of them lol (mainly because my first book was hickmans avengers )

#25 Posted by Combo-Man (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@combo-man: well I like both but I prefer avengers over both of them lol (mainly because my first book was hickmans avengers )

Yea the Avengers are great, they're definitely the numero uno team these days.

#26 Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

@combo-man: indeed

#27 Posted by Supermanthor (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#28 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9812 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men easy.

#29 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil for me with more quality and being about a grounded character with minor superpowers while X-Men have the quantity (both are about good comics) but they're better as a team with some messages IMO only Professor, Magneto and Wolverine can have solo comics.

#30 Posted by weatherwitch21 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

xmen for sure