• 61 results
Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better comic writer: Jonathan Hickman or Grant Morrison (54 votes)

Jonathan Hickman 43%
Grant Morrison 57%
 • 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I am pretty sure Bendis's good list can make up for his bad writing all around by any means.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@vishop_ said:

@thor_parker82: I am pretty sure Bendis's good list can make up for his bad writing all around by any means.

You do ? I mean, I know I think that, but by your comments I thought you didn't like Bendis at all.

I personally think that he does have a lot of awful books, plots and characterization, but he has also just as many great books, but people tend to focus on the bad things he's done and forget the really good things he has done.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82: definitely a pretty good run but the last issue was upsetting.

Lol yeah, the "plot twist" at the end was lackluster and didn't really make sense, but overall it was still a gripping issue, and one mistake doesn't take away from the other 11 great issues on a 12 issue run.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: In terms of quantity yes. In terms of quality, Hell NO. This guy was the Mary Sue of Marvel at a certain time and I mean he was given to do whatever he wants, even if it means to ignore the continuity. He is like written half of the Marvel books per week for years. The same thing is happening in DC right now.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Morrison for me is probably the best one to ever do it, but lately his work hasn't really been my cup of tea. Lately it seems like I prefer Hickman to be honest.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

Oh, I was only kidding over that one lol. It was just a small chat in a friendly way. Fans on CBR took this thing way too seriously.

Though I believe how she was behaving on House of X is rather more OOC given she never feared death. Actually she was supposed to be a strong and collective character like she was portrayed on X-Force and X-Men Red.

CBR is either trolls or fanatics, so... lol

I agree. Many times in "Hixtories" characters become shills for spewing his ideas and moving plot pieces.

I think it was the whole thing where Thanos was obsessed about killing his son from Infinity is OOC. Thanos was supposed to be rather an intelligent being who is determined about power but he was differently portrayed by Hickman and that annoys me. Though I don't blame him for this, it was mostly Aaron's fault who wrote Thanos Rising.

I actually think it's the opposite, Aaron wrote that mini, but it was based on Hick's concepts he pushed in Infinity. I kinda liked that nihilistic and psychotic Thanos though.

Still, to me Hickman for all of his faults is a more interesting writer than Morrison, who I personally will always consider nothing but a discount Alan Moore. And New X-men is an all time abomination. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
@vishop_ said:

Oh, I was only kidding over that one lol. It was just a small chat in a friendly way. Fans on CBR took this thing way too seriously.

Though I believe how she was behaving on House of X is rather more OOC given she never feared death. Actually she was supposed to be a strong and collective character like she was portrayed on X-Force and X-Men Red.

I agree. Many times in "Hixtories" characters become shills for spewing his ideas and moving plot pieces.

Comic Events are always like that. They have become far more frequent, generic and low in sales Lmao.

@adamtrmm said:
@vishop_ said:

I think it was the whole thing where Thanos was obsessed about killing his son from Infinity is OOC. Thanos was supposed to be rather an intelligent being who is determined about power but he was differently portrayed by Hickman and that annoys me. Though I don't blame him for this, it was mostly Aaron's fault who wrote Thanos Rising.

I actually think it's the opposite, Aaron wrote that mini, but it was based on Hick's concepts he pushed in Infinity. I kinda liked that nihilistic and psychotic Thanos though.

Still, to me Hickman for all of his faults is a more interesting writer than Morrison, who I personally will always consider nothing but a discount Alan Moore. And New X-men is an all time abomination. :)

Right now I find Infinity a pointless event and worst Hickman comic. It was entertaining and badass for sure but that's it.

As for Thanos, I think Hickman/Aaron de-characterized the character a lot. Giffen's Annihilation made me into cosmic comics and Thanos's character was a lot more grounded character but now he has become a maniac again.

I find Morrison's X-Men quite decent but I find it real hard to understand his comics and Hickman's East of West is far better than anything I have read from Morrison or Hickman's, therefore, I like him more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a
deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Asylum, All Star Superman and his new Batman solos.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TonyStark6999

Hickman

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hickman bodyslams. Morrison is overhyped & has more misses than hits to me.