• 54 results
Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better Character: Sasuke or Vegeta (101 votes)

Lord Sasuke 37%
God Vegeta 63%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Which character is better?

This is not a competition to decide who the better father is.

• 
Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta.

Eminel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Sasuke, half of the story was centered around him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vegeta. His character arc was really well done.

Sasuke is a mixed bag for me. I spent a lot of time either ignoring or hating him when I first read the series. At first I didn't find him very intersting, he was just another generic shonen rival with a badly done "tough guy" attitude. As he started to take the forefront I couldn't tell whether I was supposed to feel sympathetic towards him or dislike him, since he behaved like a twat. I found the series focus on him to be infuriating. My dislike of him turned into hatred during Part II. However, on re-reads I found him more intersting than the main cast. His give no fcks personality was refreshing when compared to naruto's and Sakura's constant sappyness. Revenge stories are fun, especially when they have a powerful nemesis involved, and all the dark lore that comes with that, even if they end in the more stupid retcon of all time (Saint Itachi). I still disliked the Uchiha, but their abilities are undeniably badass and puts many other kekkei genkai to shame. My disgust with Naruto as a protagonist and consistent hatred of Sakura makes Sasuke my favorite of the main cast. During early Ship he behaved more like a Shonen MC than Naruto did; was skilled and powerful, learned/mastered several powerful and badass jutsu, had a team that respected and feared him, had a nemesis and lore, defeated notorious villains all by himself, had a powerful motivation and strong linear story-line that ended in a clash to rock the ages. What was Naruto doing around this time? Crying, obsessing and stalking someone he barely knew because "bonds" or something. Naruto was still an unsuccessful, unskilled weakling heavily reliant on the Nine-Tails that got trolled in almost every encounter with antagonists. Naruto just kept getting lower and lower in my eyes; constantly sobbing because he couldn't find Sasuke, getting a bird shoved down his throat by Itachi and then gagging on it, hyperventilating cuz "Sakayyy!!", getting on his knees and begging Raikage and then getting denied, letting himself get beaten silly cuz "Bonds!"

exav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Vegeta

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Sasuke. Super pretty much put vegeta right back when he was with a bit more comedic relief

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: So in a thread about which character do you like better between Sasuke and Vegeta, you spend about half of your post whining and complaining about Naruto?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like current Sasuke, so there's that.

@thevivas said:

@farkam: So in a thread about which character do you like better between Sasuke and Vegeta, you spend about half of your post whining and complaining about Naruto?

Yeah, if the other post on Naruto related threads haven't made it clear. He doesn't like Naruto, and he want that to be made clear in every thread Naruto and Naruto characters are featured in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Yes.

I like current Sasuke, so there's that.

@thevivas said:

Yeah, if the other post on Naruto related threads haven't made it clear. He doesn't like Naruto, and he want that to be made clear in every thread Naruto and Naruto characters are featured in.

In case its not clear, I really do not like Naruto.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Vegeta but default.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: Yeah I noticed. It's kind of sad that he does so in every Naruto related thread, though.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Vegeta waaaay more than I like Sasuke.

Vegeta had an interesting character arc, starting off as a villain working for an evil greater villain. Then the reveal where Frieza explains that he wiped out Planet Vegeta and killed the saiyan race, prompting Vegeta to realize he'd dedicated his life to a complete monster. Vegeta CRIED. That was an incredible scene from an otherwise low characterization series. Then he had a kid and settled down, struggling all the while between his fantasy of still being the saiyan prince and the reality of his life. He went through a mid-life crisis in the Buu Saga over it, before finally coming to terms with who he was and sacrificing his life to try and save his family, KNOWING that he'd be going to Hell rather than a nice, chummy afterlife.

Sasuke... Well.. He's one of the very few fictional characters I legitimately can't stand. I hate Sasuke as a character. I found him overly mean spirited and cruel in Part 1 but saw the potential for him to be redeemed through his friendship with Naruto, but then he betrayed his friends and went with someone he knew planned to kill him for revenge, and just kept getting worse and worse as the series progresses. This was added to with the fact the writer kept adding more and more super special powers to the Sharingan when it was ALREADY one of the best kekkei genkai in the series, to the point Sasuke was able to fight evenly with the kages purely because of how great his eyes were.

Ugh. I just really don't like Sasuke.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta by the hair.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God's winning

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gracetrack

Vegeta.

Sasuke stopped being a likable character during his first major battle with Naruto in Part 1.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

In case its not clear, I really do not like Naruto.

lol Hey buddy.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't even a question. Dbz > anything Naruto.

Every. Single. Time.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't even a question. Dbz > anything Naruto.

Every. Single. Time.

Sure, physically.

zzagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke isn’t even a better character than gohan. Vegeta easily. Even though vegeta is handily winning The fact that sasuke has this many bites is scary.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

Sasuke obviously, vegetables is all bark and no bite and becomes a sniveling loser when ever he faces his betters.

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Juicers

Vegeta and it's not even close.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 takenstew22  Moderator

It's hard for me to root against Vegeta but I don't wanna be biased. Anyone wanna show some moments for Sasuke that compare to these?

Loading Video...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By alextheboss

At his point, honestly Vegeta. It's crazy how much his character changed and improved over the years. Sasuke started out a way better character, but now he is honestly kind of boring.

If it was the original series, Sasuke would probably edge it out, but Super Vegeta is leagues better than Boruto Sasuke.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. 3 years ago, I would've just said Vegeta. But now? I gotta say Vegeta.

This is not a competition to decide who the better father is.

Which would still be Vegeta.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Binnk

Sasuke really pissed me off during most of Shippuden. Vegeta by default

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Sasuke got wayyy too much focus in Shippuden

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By OG_Guts

Sasuke

Sasuke is a more deeper and complex character than Vegeta. Because of it most don't even understand his character

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta too had rough moments. He had to work for Frieza, was tricked by imperfect cell and fell under babidi. But in Vegeta's case, these events only helped his characterization. Vegeta's talk to Goku near death from Frieza was a powerful moment. He was entrusting his pride to low class saiyan who had humiliated him.

When Cell achieving perfection had his son nearly killed, he admitted that he screwed up and apologized which caught me off guard at my first watch. He even distracted cell to allow Gohan to defeat him, something that doesn't really fit Saiyan way of fighting. In fact, he even decided not to fight anymore after the death of Goku.

And Buu saga. This is where he fully matures. Even though he fell under the spell of Babidi, he refused to be controlled. Furious that he couldn't catch up to Goku, he decided to become cold and ruthless like he used to be, believing it to be his true nature. But he had changed.

His sacrifice as an atonement knowing that hell is awaiting him, acknowledging Goku, fighting Buu in a non living body (at which point, death is permanent), all powerful moments.

Sasuke and Vegeta both have a lot of character development. But Vegeta's felt more natural, self driven and impactful. He was slowly growing up to be a real hero while Sasuke was going back and forth.

Also Vegeta has more badass speeches (this is not even comparable).

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never watched much DB but always thought Sasuke is quite terrible, Vegeta by default.

SS0LIDSNAKEE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SS0LIDSNAKEE

Sasuke is more interesting, considering Vegeta's character growth throughout Z got chopped off.

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By OrangeCrush81

I like Vegeta more but Sasuke is definitely a more 3 dimensional and complex character.

And his story doesn't revolve around the main protagonist.

Sasuke goes from a happy kid, to an avenger who lost everything, to an anti-hero rogue ninja, to psycho path villain, to a morally grey character searching for his truth, to a villain with his own convictions, to a Batman like character that protects his village from the shadows.

Vegeta goes from Sayian royalty, to one of Frieza goons / space pirate , to strategically trying to overthrow Frieza, to an Earth dweller starting a family & training to surpass Goku, to a bad guy again, to a bad guy redeemed, to a relative pier to Goku. (besides MUI)

Vegeta's character ultimately always revolves around Goku though.. And he always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to fighting the main antagonist.

Sasuke on the other hand takes out just as many powerful enemies as Naruto does. (Orochimaru, Deidara, Danzo, helps with Kaguya)

My favorite Sasuke moment was when Zetsu ratted him out at the 5 Kage Summit and he was force to fight all the samurai, Raikage, Gaara, Mei, & Onoki back to back while hunting down Danzo.

My favorite Vegeta moment was his time as villain fighting Goku.

He is easily one of the more likable characters in Super as well.

Hope they let him beat Moro. And not hand the victory to Goku like they normally do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a
deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Vegeta.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c0f858b7326
deactivated-60c0f858b7326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta by a large margin.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke but it's close

Avatar image for deactivated-604cdd8e65a55
deactivated-604cdd8e65a55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta and it's not close. Sasuke is just an emo teenager.

Gokukid2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke, but with Super it's close

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauce

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegeta easily. Sasuke is boring as shit.

JamTop1105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JamTop1105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers