Better Character: Iroh or Tenzin?

• 102 results
CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better Character: Iroh or Tenzin? (32 votes)

Iroh 75%
Tenzin 19%
Results 6%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iroh, but Tenzin was great

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally prefer Iroh, but Tenzin is in my top 10 as well.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncalled for.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BOC  Online

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're literally my fourth and fifth favorite characters that constantly alternate. I'm not picking.

GrimAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh, this isn't close personally

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

I personally prefer Iroh Tenzin, but Tenzin Iroh is in my top 10 20 as well.

^^^

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: I'm curious mow much of the anti-Iroh sentiment is an inside joke and how much of it is genuine on your end.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh, but I still love Tenzin.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh stans making sure everyone knows they love Iroh whatever chance they get and however they can πŸ™„.

And then they call Korra/Katara stans dramatic. PlssssπŸ™„βœ‹.

Iroh stans trying to appreciate him without degrading other characters he is compared to in one way or another.
Iroh stans trying to appreciate him without degrading other characters he is compared to in one way or another.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all pardon my salt, I just got into an argument with an Iroh minion this morning 😭😭😭, they're so annoying. Viking bby I'm so sorry 😭😭, you don't deserve this 😭.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:
@azronger said:

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TW: death, suicide

@azronger said:

@aystarr: I'm curious mow much of the anti-Iroh sentiment is an inside joke and how much of it is genuine on your end.

Sorry, I just hate how braindead his stans are 😭. Like, you don't understand, I literally wanna k-word them and k-word myself after 😭😭.

They make me go "hmm, maybe sozin deciding to commit mass m*rder isn't so bad afterall πŸ€”, I can definitely relate to him now". /jk

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is true for me as well.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: i don't hate Iroh himself, if I say I hate him then I'm probably just jokingly transferring the anger at his stans towards him lol. They are the greatest hypocrites of all time.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The salt over Iroh could fill the waters around Katara's tribe

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The salt over Iroh could fill the waters around Katara's tribe

He isn't all that, imagine being that swooned over a literal war criminal, like does the fact that he has probably killed many innocent people and caused more harm without getting the consequences of his action not bother you guys!!!.

These are the same group of bastards that demonize a literal teenager for not being a Mary sue and winning every battle or call a child toxic and evil for having a warranted emotional outburst.

Don't get me started on an anti-iroh spree colaπŸ˜’, y'all wouldn't survive it.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But ah yes, because he is an "Old CisHet male who was weely weely sad when his son died, he is an Angel πŸ₯ΊπŸ‘‰πŸ‘ˆβ™₯️, Awnnn!". Get that shit away from me pls πŸ˜’.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

He isn't all that, imagine being that swooned over a literal war criminal

like does the fact that he has probably killed many innocent people and caused more harm without getting the consequences of his action not bother you guys

No

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I know Iroh isn't white but let's not act like that isn't a part of the grace he gets from some of his fans.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, Katara bloodbent an innocent man

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BOC  Online

No Caption Provided
Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, Katara bloodbent an innocent man

Southern raider? Innocent?. Yeah right.

Also Are you really gonna compare this two instances together? one with intention from a man and the other without intention from a child, as in middle school level child?. That's so ew! of you tbh, but I'm not surprised, like I said, Iroh stans.

Also I don't know how Kuvira plays into this, for one, Kuvira got the consequences of her actions and actually held herself accountable. Number two, no one worships Kuvira without acknowledging that part of her character and her mistakes.

But y'all would treat Iroh like God himself, plssss.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao y'all finna make me hate iroh😭.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@viking1205 said:

Iroh stans making sure everyone knows they love Iroh whatever chance they get and however they can πŸ™„.

And then they call Korra/Katara stans dramatic. PlssssπŸ™„βœ‹.

1. Never had Iroh above either of these two you mentioned. (for the record you can check Eslay's tourney semis, I voted Katara and you probably know how much I love Korra).
  2. Iroh isn't even my favorite character, that's Aang.

So, take the rubbish, false agenda out of here, or at least don't generalize everyone.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr:

Southern raider? Innocent?. Yeah right.

She was looking for her mother's killer and she hurt the guy who didn't do it, innocent imo

Also Are you really gonna compare this two instances together? one with intention from a man and the other without intention from a child, as in middle school level child?. That's so ew! of you tbh, but I'm not surprised, like I said, Iroh stans.

So Katara just unintentionally used the highest form of waterbending on someone else? 'k, and age means nothing, Katara's smarter than most grown ups

Also I don't know how Kuvira plays into this, for one, Kuvira got the consequences of her actions and actually held herself accountable. Number two, no one worships Kuvira without acknowledging that part of her character and her mistakes.

Iroh didn't get consequences? He was reduced from general to the mentor of a banished and disgraced prince, lost his seat as the Firelord, and ended up verbally abused in a prison, he also learned from his mistakes and never hurt anyone after that point unless it was necessary, not even engaging in battle with fodder and instead running away or surrendering as part of the peaceful mind he gained after his violent mind was broken by the death of his child. You can't take shots at Iroh for being a war criminal when he literally stopped himself from doing what he was supposed to do and was disrespected from that point forth, while Kuvira literally did something a hundred times worse in actively nuking a city and now she's all goody-goody with the Avatar she physically abused in an attempt to invade a city, she did that multiple times btw

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same people who get mad at Iroh would love Azula despite literally killing the Avatar and trying to kill her brother multiple times

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viking1205: bestie I was joking 😭😭😭. I wasn't referring to you 😭😭.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Well.... Okay. That's a lot better, since I was confused and kinda pissed with the reply. That clears it up.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ANTHP2000

@aystarr: Iroh suffered what's perhaps the greatest loss anyone can suffer by losing Lu Ten. That was the turning point for both his character and philosophy. There is no need for him to face further punishment by any justice system. Which he did, for what it's worth, after the fall of Ba Sing Se. And no one ignores the dark past of his character. This is exactly what makes him so inspiring. That he can be seen laughing at the idea of burning the Earth Kingdom to the ground in a flashback and still having ended up the kind, enlightened person that he is. Iroh was pivotal both in saving the world from the War, and shaping the legacy we see in Korra's time. Forgivance is one of the entire franchise's key themes, and if there is anyone from the Fire Nation deserving of it, it is Iroh.

Kuvira would've had it a lot worse if she weren't Suyin's fav, by the way. And unlike Iroh she did not save the world. In the long run, she is probably going to be held accountable for the first nuclear weapons in history as well. And she was a hypocrite. And not brainwashed like Sozin's royal bloodline was.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman:

She was looking for her mother's killer and she hurt the guy who didn't do it, innocent imo

Are you kidding me?, No like are you actually kidding me?

So Katara just unintentionally used the highest form of waterbending on someone else? 'k, and age means nothing, Katara's smarter than most grown ups

Don't act dumb cola, you know the context behind it, and you know she was justified in her anger at that moment, her using it against the wrong person (who isn't at all innocent btw) is unintentional, and her stopping when she realizes cannot be compared to one intentionally killing people and uprooting the lives of so many citizens. Am I seriously explaining this to you?

Iroh didn't get consequences? He was reduced from general to the mentor of a banished and disgraced prince, lost his seat as the Firelord, and ended up verbally abused in a prison, he also learned from his mistakes and never hurt anyone after that point unless it was necessary, not even engaging in battle with fodder and instead running away or surrendering as part of the peaceful mind he gained after his violent mind was broken by the death of his child while Kuvira literally did something a hundred times worse in actively nuking a city and now she's all goody-goody with the Avatar she physically abused in an attempt to invade a city, she did that multiple times btw

LMFAO!!, WHAT DID YOU JUST WRITE?!!,

-not you expecting me to feel bad for Iroh doing the BARE MINIMUM!!!

- not you equating iroh losing his throne, a throne and power that has been built on the suffering of countless innocent civilians, as punishment.

- not you equating iroh being a fucking decent human being and not a murderer as consequences.

- WTF!!!, He didn't go to prison for his horrible actions, he went to prison for not being a mass murdererer, THAT IS NOT ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE PAIN HE HAS CAUSED COUNTLESS LIVES!!!.

. You can't take shots at Iroh for being a war criminal when he literally stopped himself from doing what he was supposed to do and was disrespected from that point forth,

Hooray!, He's a fucking decent human being, the bare minimum, let's give him the "not a jerk as you could've been" award.

- first of all,.I don't know why you're bringing Katara or Kuvira to this, this is about Iroh. And stop ignoring the fact that Kuvira and Zuko held themselves accountable and took full responsibility of thier actions, As in, they made ammends and we're forgiven/criticized by the people they offended and were brought to justice.

Iroh didn't ( from what we saw), whatever family drama he has going on isn't accountability, you need to learn that.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aystarr

@cocacolaman: @anthp2000:

I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!, BOTH OF YOU NEED TO LEARN THAT IROH'S PERSONAL PROBLEMS CANNOT ACT AS ACCOUNTABILITY FOR HIS WRONG DOINGS!!!!.

ACCOUNTABILITY WOULD BE HIM GOING TO THE NATIONS HE HAS CAUSED GREAT PAIN, APOLOGIZING REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY CHOOSE TO FORGIVE HIM OR NOT AND GETTING THE JUSTICE HE DESERVES!!!.

STOP BRINGING ANY OTHER PERSON INTO THIS, THIS IS ABOUT IROH.

KUVIRA DID THIS, ZUKO DID THIS , IROH SHOULD TOO. THAT IS FACT.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

Well.... Okay. That's a lot better, since I was confused and kinda pissed with the reply. That clears it up.

@aystarr said:

Y'all pardon my salt, I just got into an argument with an Iroh minion this morning 😭😭😭, they're so annoying. Viking bby I'm so sorry 😭😭, you don't deserve this 😭.

Bestie did you even read this part, it was right after my comment 😭. You know I love you 😭.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread though.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is that my vote goes to the Old CisHet male who was weely weely sad when his son died, he is an Angel πŸ₯ΊπŸ‘‰πŸ‘ˆβ™₯️, Awnnn!

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ANTHP2000

@aystarr: I don't care if you want to deem it "personal problems" and "family drama", Iroh losing a child in a siege he led is him facing the consequences of the war he aided in the worst, harshest way possible. There is no worse punishment than this. It goes against the very nature of human life, especially when it is the parent themselves who have led their child to that death. He does not deserve more pain, abuse or "justice" having made a 180 immediately after recognizing, by himself, the lies and cruelty he grew up to believe in and act on. You're only missing the forest for the trees by believing so.

Kuvira and Zuko did not go around visiting every Nation and apologizing to commoners. That is nonsense. Zuko has been forgiven and respected by the majority of the public because he saved the world and made it a better place. Which Iroh did as well. If it weren't for him, the Avatar would be dead, and the Fire Nation's royal line would continue to breed nothing but hatred and war for generations.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh is GOAT. Second only to Appa.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn didn’t know it was that deep for Aystarr. In typical Avatar fandom fashion, it only makes me like Iroh more lmao

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Tenzin is a good character. Liked him a lot. But Iroh to me is among the best characters ever.

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KorraAlone

@aystarr: You single-handedly made this thread a mess and i love it lmao

OT: Tenzin by far for me, absolutely adore that man

KorraAlone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KorraAlone

Can y'all leave the majestic eyebrowed queen out of this, she willingly and unconditionally offered her full surrender and turned herself in

Plus she's too hawt to be judged your honor >;}

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whew Chile the Ghetto!

1. (for the record you can check Eslay's tourney semis, I voted Katara and you probably know how much I love Korra).

Dw you'll always have a seat at the Korra table.

No Caption Provided

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: I don't care if you want to deem it "personal problems" and "family drama".

You should tho, you are literally trying to justify murder because of your personal bias towards a character, and I know damn well you wouldn't be saying the same thing if you were the victim.

Iroh losing a child in a siege he led is him facing the consequences of the war he aided in the worst, harshest way possible.

You're saying this as if it was a started by two nations, say it as it is, He and his family started this war, his son being a casaulty fron the war he led against those innocent civilians just trying to protect themselves and thier people is not punishment or accountability.

An instance, if someone murders someone you care about and by the time the case has been investigated, the culprit is already a changed man who lost his daughter in a car accident and realizes how losing someone is,would you say just because something tragic happened to him and he has changed, he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. Is that what we're doing now uhn?, Justifying murder?.

Heck I don't even care if you would forgive them or not, the Law wouldn't, Iroh didn't offend(to sugarcoat it) a single person, iroh offended an entire nation, aided countless deaths and probably murdered some people himself, it's not something one can just gloss over, these tribes and kingdoms deserve justice. You're invalidating thier pain by saying things like these. And even if some people forgive him, not everyone will and those people that don't are just as valid as the people that do.

There is no worse punishment than this

This isn't about worse punishment, this is about appropriate punishment, get it right.

It goes against the very nature of human life, especially when it is the parent themselves who have led their child to that death. He does not deserve more pain, abuse or "justice" having made a 180 immediately after recognizing, by himself, the lies and cruelty he grew up to believe in and act on. You're only missing the forest for the trees by believing so.

Ok?... And?, As an earth kingdom/water tribe citizen, Am I supposed to care that he lost his child, how is that any of my business, he literally killed my many of my people and caused me and my people a lot of pain, don't we deserve justice, am I supposed to be happy by seeing him not get any penalty for his actions. Lu ten is nothing more than a random soldier who wants to hurt me from my perspective as a citizen, him dying isn't punishment.

Kuvira and Zuko did not go around visiting every Nation and apologizing to commoners. That is nonsense.

That isn't nonsense, Kuvira stood trial, her trial would definitely be broadcasted, she held herself accountable, followed the law and faced the consequences, That's how it should be done, and I don't even know why you're bringing her up, another person doing bad cannot justify Iroh doing bad.

Zuko has been forgiven and respected by the majority of the public because he saved the world and made it a better place.

Zuko was forgiven by the people he wronged, which is team avatar and some other people. Reminder that zuko never participated in the war, even during the seige of the north, he wasn't involved.

If it weren't for him, the Avatar would be dead, and the Fire Nation's royal line would continue to breed nothing but hatred and war for generations.

Omg are you not getting it at all?, Doing good doesn't erase your bad past, one still needs to be held accountable, the best this can do for him against the citizens is having the avatar plead for him and beg them to forgive or be lenient with his punishment, this is not accountability!!!.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn didn’t know it was that deep for Aystarr. In typical Avatar fandom fashion, it only makes me like Iroh more lmao

It's not a matter of it being deep, I don't care about the character himself, I care about the mentality of people who think this is appropriate, that is a very bad and toxic mentality.