Better CBM: Multiverse of Madness or The Dark Knight Rises?

Imyoureckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Imyoureckoning

Poll Better CBM: Multiverse of Madness or The Dark Knight Rises? (55 votes)

MoM miles better 33%
TDKR, not even close 67%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

From : Storyline, Cast, Director, Character Development, Action Sequence, Cinematography, Soundtrack etc

• 
Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zafros13

Might have to rewatch TDKR but I'm not a fan (haven't watched in 2 years, back then my opinion changed every other viewing). I'd rather it not have been made, TDK would make a better ending point, it ended with a sense of ambiguity but that not a problem.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lazerbeak

People think that crappy ass bullshit is better then TDK?

Yeaheeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoM was trash

D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR stomps. Barsad solos.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR may have been a bit disappointing, but a bit disappointing is all it is. MoM on the other tentacle...

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR is wayyyy better.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 takenstew22  Moderator

I actually kinda liked MoM but this is a mismatch. Rises stomps.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11 krisbishop  Moderator

TDKR, mismatch.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not a fan of either, but TDKR is probably better.

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoM is trash

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy mismatch!

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close, but probably MoM.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zafros13

My TDKR's drawbacks:

Some of the plot felt like it was written to fill gaps between plot points and wasn't to engaging. Like Bane's sewer operations.

I don't like the aesthetic of the movie. This gets downgraded every entry to the trilogy.

Societal themes: They set up French Revolution parrellels but it didn't go anywhere or get executed well so it doesn't stack up to TDK's Julia Caeser parrellels.

I don't like Catwoman from this movie.

It feels weird he was only Batman for two years.

Other smaller things. I'd consider it Nolan's most basic movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtfff is this comparison? TDKR not even remotely close

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 killbilly  Moderator  Online
lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

Close, but probably MoM.

Wake up to reality

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The difference is that Rises is still great even with how flawed it is, and MoM isn't. But it's better than comparing MoM to TDK

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, idk if it's really fair to compare Rises to MoM, and not just because one is way better than the other. MoM has only one other movie that actually focuses on the character, and this one still barely does much to add on to the character as well. Rises had two great movies that developed and fleshed out Bruce Wayne's characters. Rises has much better cinematography, acting, writing, and it's a smarter movie overall

Avatar image for supremesorcerer
SupremeSorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR is one of the best CBM movies of all time. MoM is popcorn flick at best.

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR is better than any MCU film. It might be the weakest film in the trilogy, but better than many superhero films out there.

NovaPrime2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked MoM but this is a mismatch.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zafros13

I'm going to cover more problems I have with TDKR.

So TDKR is partially based off of the French Revolution (and I believe Gordon cites the Tale of Two Cities in the movie) but it's not handled very well.

So in the French Revolution (which ended go horribly) the government consolidated and abused to much power which it used for the benifit of the rich elite, so the lower class citizens who were getting taken advantage of rebelled which actually ends up being a huge mess because it creates an even worse governent that brings about the Reign of Terror.

So in TDKR the Dent Act (which was based on a lie) increased the authority of the government giving them to much control that increases the tensions which causes lower class citizens rebel. My problems: As far as what the movie shows us, the Dent Act hasn't really caused problems, and besides for Catwoman telling Bruce, we don't see rich people taking advantage of poor people. Next: in the French Revolution the rebels had very understandable objectives. Which pushed them to revolt, but it's the bad people who ended up taking control. While in TDKR the lower class is associated with the prison faction, so there put in the worse liight. And Batman teams up with the faction that represents the government and elite (even though technically cops aren't rich.) As opposed to say uniting different groups together. So while the French Revolution angle is interesting in concept, they do it wrong, we needed something that's insightful in looking at human nature.

What my approach would be: Don't immediately throw Gotham in a state of Anarchy, have the politicians (who are setup to have consolidated to much power which it abuses) and have them run things horribly, prioritizes rich people's needs, it's not until people start starving that they actually overthrow that government, but they end up making things worse and a new bad leader consolidates alot of power and then we got a Reign of Terror thing going. But anyway the important part is Batman returns, first thing he does is apprehend the new bad leader (and instead of just joining one side) he then unites everyone to the same side and they help him fight Bane. Like in this scene: https://youtu.be/_rqsnIJ5tyQ

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

TDKR is wayyyy better.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zafros13

So I've stated that I consider the societal themes to not be worth anything so let's go to other categories.

Astheyically TDKR is the worst of the trilogy. I think TDK had the highest quality cinemetography, however Begins had the strongest asthetic because it felt more Batmany. MoM definitely has more visual flair, and I'm surprised people are arguing that TDKR has better cinemetography then MoM, MoM has really well shot scenes, and very cool looking shots. I don't know what people think TDKR has. I remember shots that make the characters look awkward.

3rd Act: Something that does bother me with TDKR is that the 3rd act feels to standard. As I stated the societal themes don't land which leaves you with a big battle, a not well coreographed fight scene, a twist I don't like, and the overall Batman losing and winning in the rematch because he found his edge storyline feels unimaginative narratively, and I preferred Rocky 3's depiction of it. MoM has a "not one of us can do it without the other" type of fight where we can see everyone working together and it's supposed to show Docter Strange having to win by not "being the one to hold the knife." But definitely my favorite part about it is him having to possess the dead body, that was really cool.

https://images.app.goo.gl/umWcFQhUNNFWTWzo8

So the best part of TDKR is him trying to climb out of the pit. I'll give it the soundtrack advantage to (that said I do not get the obsession over Zimmer). Also villain advantage. I do think the idea of Bane trying to break Batman's spirit by providing him hope (the ability to escape) only for him to fail (to escape) is an interesting angle.