Better Carachter - Dominic Toretto VS Luke Hobbs

Avatar image for the_agent_of_chaos
Posted by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (986 posts) 10 days, 7 hours ago

Poll: Better Carachter - Dominic Toretto VS Luke Hobbs (13 votes)

Toretto 62%
Hobbs 38%

No joke but after Hobbs and shaw (which i liked) i think hobbs is more charismatic than toretto which "family stuff" has been for too long.also Hobbs fight are pretty good and funny , hopefully he does good as black adam because i think he can play action pretty well. not a great actor but an ok one for me.

what do you prefer as actor/carachter?

#1 Posted by nn5 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither is a good character IMO.

#2 Edited by Jordan1Kenobi (435 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both awesome, but I prefer Dom. Plus I'm more attached to him.

#3 Posted by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (986 posts) - - Show Bio

@nn5: well for action movies they had development and we know some stuff about them plus the fight scenes are a bit over the top but still ok.

#4 Posted by nn5 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_agent_of_chaos: I agree but they are kinda irritating IMO. Especially Dom with all this talking about family. It's still beyond me how easily he forgave Shaw in F&F8 (the guy murdered one of his best friends and a lot of random innocent people but it looks like Dom doesn't remember it). Hobbs is actually OK as an action hero but tries too hard to be badass at times IMO.

#5 Posted by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (986 posts) - - Show Bio

@nn5: basically Shaw didn’t kill him with a gun but with a car and it was for “family and forgiving Owen Shaw , Dom family was criminal in the past so it’s actually different , while I think Shaw is prob better as a villain , as anti-hero/hero he is actually solid.

A bit too badass but he’s strong to be full of himself , I enjoy kubrick but for real I can’t deny I absolutely love this Fast and furious stuff lol

Hobbs prison scene is one of the funniest scene I have seen in teathers.

#6 Posted by nn5 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_agent_of_chaos: I know they were criminals but they weren't murderers like Shaw brothers. Think about it that way: you're Dom's friend ('family' member), you get killed and short time after that your killer is at barbecue as new friend of Dom. I understand that Toretto made peace with Shaw but this went too far and leaves a bad taste IMO.

Agree on Hobbs. I'll be seeing Hobbs&Shaw soon, maybe I like him better (but I don't think I stop disliking Shaw).

#7 Posted by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (986 posts) - - Show Bio

@nn5: He did save baby Brian. In my head, that's why they're giving him a pass. And as someone else pointed out, we can assume that Cipher forced him to kill Han. Owen was hired by Cypher for gisele and Han and after he didnt succed foremerly, Deckard went for revenge cause family.

This is the explanation or maybe.. they wanted to fill some spot left by walker and han and gisele? Easy.

#8 Posted by nn5 (664 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_agent_of_chaos: I remember about the baby, that's why I understand Dom made peace with him. But it looked like he's a new 'family' member. Cipher forcing him to kill Han doesn't matter, he still did it (I think she didn't force him, it was his personal vendetta). Probably we have to agree to disagree on this one.

#9 Edited by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (986 posts) - - Show Bio

@nn5: He shouldnt give a pass but neither killed by fom. forgiven but not in family on this i agree.

#10 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (5088 posts) - - Show Bio

Carachter

Holy shit

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#11 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18209 posts) - - Show Bio

Dom