Best villain: The Riddler (The Batman) or Scarlet Witch (Multiverse of Madness)?

KingCarcosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Best villain: The Riddler (The Batman) or Scarlet Witch (Multiverse of Madness)? (46 votes)

The Riddler 52%
Scarlet Witch 41%
Results 7%
 • 
D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 D00mSlayer1993  Online

Riddler. I’ve never been a fan of Scarlet Witch, she annoys the hell out of me for some reason. Meanwhile, I’ve always been a fan of both Riddler and Paul Dano.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler. Not even remotely close. Wanda was nothing more than one dimensional villain who willingly chose Darkhold to to cause genocide only to be redeemed because Raimi didn't thought about how to conclude the film

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KillianDuclark

Riddler.

Wanda only became villainous due to dark hold corruption. Which removes her agency and heaps all the blame of her war crimes on the magical book written by a literal demon

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 krisbishop  Moderator

Riddler. Not even remotely close. Wanda was nothing more than one dimensional villain who willingly chose Darkhold to to cause genocide only to be redeemed because Raimi didn't thought about how to conclude the film

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler.

Wanda only became villainous due to dark hold corruption. Which removes her agency and heaps all the blame of her war crimes on the magical book written by a literal demon

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8 frozen  Moderator

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Riddler

• better characterization
  • has a bigger impact on his story (by scale)
  • has a bigger impact on the MC
  • his dynamic with the MC is better than Wanda-Strange by MILES
  • better acting

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zafros13

I like the idea of Riddler and how he reflects Batman more. And he has that good intaregation.

But I think Wanda has better screen presence.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArranVid

I haven't seen MoM. However, the Riddler in The Batman film was a disappointment. He wears clothes like The Zodiac Killer, which isn't original. He has a group of lame, weak, loser Reddit-like users supporting him...not like the Riddler in the comics who had serious criminals working for him. Social media like Reddit is annoying and cringy, it was a bad idea to put elements of social media in a Batman film. The Riddler wasn't even Edward Nigma based on the pun 'enigma', he had a stupid name like Edward Nashton. The Riddler in The Batman tries to be like The Joker from The Dark Knight...why the hell would he want to be like that? This Riddler's riddles are not that good. The Riddler from the cartoons and from the comics had better riddles. He doesn't have the usual question marks on his clothing, no question mark cane, no bowler hat, nothing bright green. He isn't that witty like previous Riddlers. Even though the Jim Carrey Riddler was a bit too cheesy, I think the Jim Carrey Riddler was better than the Riddler from the new Batman film. Jim Carrey really showed how the Riddler's personality was supposed to be, and I liked how in the Val Kilmer Batman film Riddler was working for a Bruce Wayne company and was a genius who was crazy and was a bit obsessed with Bruce Wayne...Jim Carrey really showed the difference between Edward Nigma the man and how he would later change his hair colour orange and become the eccentric and energetic Riddler who twirls his question mark cane. None of that was in this new Batman film...there was some lame, forgettable singing from The Riddler. With past Riddlers, there was always that interesting element where the Riddler was always one-step ahead of Batman but Batman used his clever deduction skills and worldly knowledge to work out his riddles...and in turn The Riddler was impressed with his enemy's calculation skills. That wasn't there in this new Batman film. The Riddler was so far ahead of Batman that Batman looked like an incompetent guy trying to work out the riddles and Batman couldn't stop many deaths in the process...he failed to be a hero that saved lives at important moments. Yes, there is the same old 'he has only done it for 2 years' excuse, but 2 years is still quite a long time for a polymath with intellect called Bruce Wayne and he is supposed to be 'the greatest detective in the world' (after Sherlock Holmes and a few other detectives, of course). The gap between Riddler and Batman was never supposed to be that far, it was always supposed to be close.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gaoron

I'm sure Matt Reeves did everything he could to make Riddler, a character who is mostly a gag filler in Batman stories, an engaging villain but I just couldn't take him seriously. From the walmart version of TDK's interrogation scene and his awkward acting to him being delusional enough to think Batman is like him (despite Batman quite clearly only fighting crime and working with damn police) which lead to him revealing his plan (looking back it's a giant plot convenience, borderline plot hole). Scarlet Witch had her problems too but was far better overall.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GangOrca

Riddler was overrated but Wanda was one-dimensional. I am going with the former until my opinion may or may not change.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No clue where people got the idea that Wanda knew the darkhold would corrupt her, or had any choice in the matter afterwards.

OT: Wanda is the best CBM antagonist, IMO. MoM is a perfect addition to her arc in WV, as the darkhold makes her into the manifestation of who she sort of wishes she could be, at the end of it: an unsympathetic force, willing to do anything to get her children back. Terrifically presented in a horror-esque style. Only to find out that that version of herself could never exist, because then it wouldn't be her (represented by the kids rejecting her at the end). I think calling her 'one-dimensional' (along with the misrepresentation of suggesting this was intentional) sadly misses the point.

Meanwhile, I think Riddler is uninteresting on a narrative level, and terribly cringe in presentation. So Wanda, no contest.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Riddler

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MAZAHS117  Online

I liked Riddler more between the two. Wanda worked fine I suppose, but even then I preferred they use one of Doctor Strange’s bat-sh!t crazy abstract monsters/characters to be the main villain of his movie.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, people are really just throwing terms around if they’re calling Wanda 1-Dimensional.

That being said, this reminds me that I gotta get to watching The Batman on HBO Max

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

riddler easily

i liked wanda as a character. as a villain she wasn’t my favorite

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda, she was scary.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

No clue where people got the idea that Wanda knew the darkhold would corrupt her, or had any choice in the matter afterwards.

OT: Wanda is the best CBM antagonist, IMO. MoM is a perfect addition to her arc in WV, as the darkhold makes her into the manifestation of who she sort of wishes she could be, at the end of it: an unsympathetic force, willing to do anything to get her children back. Terrifically presented in a horror-esque style. Only to find out that that version of herself could never exist, because then it wouldn't be her (represented by the kids rejecting her at the end). I think calling her 'one-dimensional' (along with the misrepresentation of suggesting this was intentional) sadly misses the point.

Meanwhile, I think Riddler is uninteresting on a narrative level, and terribly cringe in presentation. So Wanda, no contest.

You’re kidding about her being the best CBM villain right? Cause SO MANY PEOPLE ARE WAY BETTER.

- William Dafeos Green Goblin

- Heath Ledgers Joker

are easily better

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6010236cc
deactivated-628e6010236cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You’re kidding about her being the best CBM villain right? Cause SO MANY PEOPLE ARE WAY BETTER.

- Heath Ledgers Joker

are easily better

I disagree. Did you want to expand on this?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@lazerbeak: He liked Black Widow and Eternals and disliked The Batman and Shang-Chi. He has an otherworldly taste so maybe he's not kidding, Wanda is the best CBM villain for him.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@killianduclark said:

Riddler.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@lazerbeak said:

- Heath Ledgers Joker

are easily better

What. How do you…

anyways never mind

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazerbeak: He liked Black Widow and Eternals and disliked The Batman and Shang-Chi. He has an otherworldly taste so maybe he's not kidding, Wanda is the best CBM villain for him.

I get Wanda being a good villain (she’s trash) but why hate Batman and like Eternals? I swear this gotta be a troll

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@lazerbeak said:

- Heath Ledgers Joker

are easily better

How would you disagree? Wanda isn’t even a great villain at all. I can argue better and debunk but I don’t wanna argue over some dumb opinion

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazerbeak: Could be but I wouldn't be surprised if he's for real. We see news of people marrying sex dolls now, I'm getting used to the extraordinary lol.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazerbeak: Could be but I wouldn't be surprised if he's for real. We see news of people marrying sex dolls now, I'm getting used to the extraordinary lol.

well I won’t be surprised either honestly then. I’m getting used to this now as well cause well the world is hella weird

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BOC
@lazerbeak said:

How would you disagree? Wanda isn’t even a great villain at all. I can argue better and debunk but I don’t wanna argue over some dumb opinion

@lazerbeak said:

What. How do you…

anyways never mind

If you don't want to discuss, I'd prefer you don't tag me, please.

Avatar image for deactivated-6310e05cef78c
deactivated-6310e05cef78c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddler by a country mile

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: how About this, I see The film and I can find out who is a better villain.