User Lists: 7

Batman

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman, he's who your favorite heroes look up to.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seantae23: Spider Man fits the bill in all domains: Relatable, not over-powered, original and the first among a revolution of new, better characters in comic-books.

Voice_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Voice_of_Death

Batman for dc, then Spidey for marvel. They are honestly the greatest for each of their respective companies imo.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find myself really loving Spiderman as I get older. Maybe its just memories from the 90s animated series, the toys, or the Raimi films but whenever I'm bored I find myself reading his comics at work. I'd say Superman is up there as well as he's an icon and I have a ton of memories of his Animated series as well. But for me its Spiderman

Lil_Remains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan-: lmaoooo. Good joke you are probably a marvel fan

Yah, that revan- guy is a complete goddamn moron on god ??

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman and it’s not even close.

YOA_501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman in terms of lore, impact in other media, popularity and iconic status is only matched by a few. If we look at it from that perspective, then I'd say Batman. Of course, this is looking at it from a more objective point of view.

deacon218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#64  Edited By deacon218

Depends on the flavor someone wants, but I think Spider-Man for kids, Batman for human prowess and action, and Wonder Woman for the female equivilent; Iron Man and Superman for being the icons they are as well. Any of the 5 could easily have arguments made for them depending on the interests of the arguers. Also Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Flash could also be considered longshots as well...

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deacon218: Strange and Black Panther don't even deserve an honorable mention.

deacon218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzenix-everdeen: Uhm to each their own, but Dr Strange is an excellent concept, and one of Stan Lee and Jack Kirbys best storytelling characters, one that lended himself constantly to philisophical tales that Kirbies art was allowed to flourish on. Black Panther is also a gem created by Stan Lee that introduced an african character long before it was a cultural thing to do. Say what you want, but Black Panther is a characters whos popularity is only going to grow exponentially over the years. To say these characters dont even deserve mentioning is to limit your grasp on what good storytelling is. Granted writers have done the characters diservice at times, but the characters stand as what they are. Im sorry you didnt like Dr Strange in the movies, or got triggered by seeing a popular black comic character on the big screen; but pick up a comic book and enjoy if you just dont know anything about the characters...

dirtytree332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By helloman

Spider-Man.

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deacon218: Your entire post was pretty crap, but certain parts are just...god awful.

say these characters dont even deserve mentioning is to limit your grasp on what good storytelling is.

Because they don't. Iconic wise they're lacking and in popularity.

or got triggered by seeing a popular black comic character on the big screen;

Non-sequitur. ? And to be frank, I don't care about seeing a black character on the big screen so stop the b.s.

but pick up a comic book and enjoy if you just dont know anything about the characters...

What does knowing about the characters have to do with anything? I'll say this again: they're not iconic enough and lack the popularity, which was my point from the start. How good they are as characters are irrelevant to me.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a Thor fanboy but I will go with surfer

deacon218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzenix-everdeen: To each their own, didnt post to start any fights; I personally enjoy many different story styles fairly equally. Iconic wise, Strange is worth mentioning because of Kirbys vision; and popularity wise, Panther does as well now days; you're discrediting them based upon personal preference.

I was merely saying that people have different tastes depending on what kind of character they are and company they predominantly read. I personaly think Dr Strange is one of the most interesting characters since I've started getting back into comics, so for me, he is one of the best super hero characters. He has great aspects in magic and philosophy, fine if you dont like it. For a lot of kids coming into comics, they are really into Black Panther; my nephews are literally examples. If you dont like him fine but hes going to be hugely popular moving forward since the movie. The old Batman movie got me to buy Batman comics back when i was a kid.

The offhanded comment I made towards seeing a black character on the big screen WAS unecessary; merely projecting what your disdain for the character was related to, when hes a 2 billion dollar character that you want to so easily disregard; and since you felt like attacking my opinion I felt like defending myself.

Basically was saying like asking what what the best band of all time is; it depends on what you listen to. But whatever, not going to argue any further...

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey