Best Stuff in Comics This Week: 9-19-16

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Every week, we take a look at some of the most bizarre, exciting, and downright unique things to happen in comics. Check out our choices of the strange and wacky things that shouldn't be overlooked from this week's releases.

There may be some tiny spoilers ahead.

All Star Batman #2

Best Return of the Bat-Shark Repellant

No Caption Provided

If you've seen 1966's Batman: The Movie, you probably recall the scene where Batman had to deal with a shark that was chomping on his leg. He was lucky enough to have access to Bat-Shark Repellant.

In the current issue of All Star Batman, the Dark Knight uses a bunch of new gadgets and has implemented the shark repellant into his costume. This was perfect for dealing with King Shark.

Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #4

Best Spider-Burn

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man has a tendency to make a lot of quips and snarky comments. Some see this behavior as a little annoying. Carol Danvers makes this point clear in response to Spidey. Looks like he might need some aloe for that burn.

New Super-Man #3

Best Aquaman Burn

No Caption Provided

There are some that feel Aquaman is lame. You can see the evidence here. If you look deeper into his story, you can see he's actually pretty cool. Regardless, the "Justice League" of China doesn't see the point of having an Aqua-Man on their team.

Spider-Man #8

Best Reaction While Wearing a Mask

No Caption Provided

Miles Morales is confronted by Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Jones easily figured out his secret. When she tells him who hired her to spy on him, you can feel the shocked expression on his face even, though he's wearing a mask.

Detective Comics #940

Best Simple Goodbye

No Caption Provided

When you decide to become a superhero, there's always the chance of getting seriously injured. With a deadly threat loose, Tim Drake hacks the system to get them to all target him instead of the others. He uses his final moments to say his goodbyes.

Most Tragic Hug

No Caption Provided

We see a lot of hugs around here. Batman doesn't usually share his emotions with others. After the sad events Batman and his allies have to deal with, he gives Stephanie Brown a full embrace.

Green Lanterns #6

Best Happy Hug

No Caption Provided

Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz are two of the newest members of the Green Lanterns Corps. They've had issues with each other since they've been appointed to work as partners. After surviving a crazy battle against the Red Lanterns, they hug over their victory.

Mockingbird #7

Best Guide to Footprints

No Caption Provided

The Boy Scouts are said to always be prepared. Looks like they even have a book that helps them track almost anyone.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #4

Best Reason Not to Tick Off Sinestro

No Caption Provided

Guy Gardner got captured by the Sinestro Corps. Guy has a tendency to mouth off to everyone and has no problem sharing how he really feels with others. Sinestro has little patience for his lack of respect and silences Guy with a giant yellow-construct fist.

Best Reason to Wear Underwear Under a Superhero Costume

No Caption Provided

After getting captured, Guy Gardner uses the last of the energy in his power ring in a feeble attempt to escape. His costume was also constructed from his rings power. No power means no costume. Sinestro becomes distracted by Guy's nakedness.

All-New Inhumans #11

Best Jaws Reference

No Caption Provided

One should quote Jaws whenever possible. Crystal knows this and arrives at the perfect moment to use the quote.

Action Comics #963

Strangest Save

No Caption Provided

Superman is often at the right place at the right time. When Clark Kent is thrown off the roof of a building, Superman is there to catch and save him.

You can see more about Clark Kent and Superman here.

The Unbelievable Gwenpool #6

Best Reason to Have Your Last Words Prepared

No Caption Provided

What would you do if someone asked if you had any famous last words? Would you be ready to answer? If you're not quite sure what you'd say, you better hope Gwenpool isn't the one asking you. She'll barely give you a chance to even think about what you could say.

Doom Patrol #1

Strangest Business Meeting

No Caption Provided

The first issue of the new Doom Patrol series has a lot going on. One scene deals with an out of this world business meeting. What was the meeting about? To be honest, I'm not quite sure. It was weird and makes me want to know more.

Best Name for a Cat

No Caption Provided

People usually give cats the same types of names. You don't often see people name their cats "Lotion." Next time you get a new cat, maybe you'll give it some consideration.

Rocket Raccoon and Groot #9

Best Way to Know if You're in a Comic Book

No Caption Provided

Gwenpool is from another reality. She read comics before and is pretty sure she's living in a comic book now. When she brings it up to others, they just think she's crazy. When her costume gets torn in a convenient fashion, she makes an observation about it.

Suicide Squad #2

Worst Time to Start a Conversation

No Caption Provided

The Suicide Squad is on another intense mission. As they're fighting their way through a horde of soldiers, Harley decides this is the perfect time to strike up a conversation with Katana.

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, don't complain, contribute, especially if you didn't offer any suggestions. Each week you can @reply me on Twitter at@GManFromHeck by Saturdays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Be sure to always look for the best stuff and always be sure to remember to wear underwear when leaving your house. You never know when your clothes might suddenly disappear.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I didn't even know Hal's book came out this week, guess it sold out at my shop (shame, looks good)

If that Suicide Squad book made a pun about how bad a film one of them recently saw was *wink wink* I'd have loved that

Also again, if you're not reading New Super-Man, change that as soon as possible

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Sinestro comes face to face with naked fear... or maybe just naked.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I love the Spider-Man panel, mainly because it makes sense he'd act like that and, if this Civil War is anything like the last one, they're going to need someone to keep everyone from acting like out of character immoral idiots (or at least someone to point out when it's happening).

Also, with Tim Drake dying I think that means every male member of the Bat family has now been dead or thought of as dead for some time.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro deserves his own book again. Favorite villain

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think every Robin has "died" at least once now. Suicide Squad was a lot of fun last week. Also wondering how the Superman Clark Kent thing will play out.

NickInACage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That Rocket raccoon and groot one is weirding me out. Isn´t Gwen supposed to be like 14? I´m pretty sure she´s Miles´ age

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@nickinacage: Maybe it further reinforces the fact she's in a comic book.

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007: Dick has only ever died out of continuity (DK2 & Injustice) unless you count "Forever Evil" when Lex stopped his heart for a brief second to get him out of the "Murder Machine". Carrie Kelly has yet to die.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica and Simon are my favorite buddies.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

I love the Spider-Man panel, mainly because it makes sense he'd act like that and, if this Civil War is anything like the last one, they're going to need someone to keep everyone from acting like out of character immoral idiots (or at least someone to point out when it's happening).

Also, with Tim Drake dying I think that means every male member of the Bat family has now been dead or thought of as dead for some time.

The dialogue is good but I really don't like that art.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jgames

People like to complain about anime/manga character dying only to not be or get revived, well they never read a comic book where a character died and yet come back to life in the same chapter, suck it Fairy Tail.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That footprint guide is great.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy Gardner free balling was hilarious. That mother------ would.

Harley and Katana was funny in context. Harley went full political science major in the middle of a fight and Katana ignored her the whole time.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Rocket raccoon and groot one is weirding me out. Isn´t Gwen supposed to be like 14? I´m pretty sure she´s Miles´ age

She can pass for Miles' age, but is actually slightly older. However, Miles is older than you think - he's at least 16 now.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC was really strong this week.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved Detective Comics this week

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

In that book on footprints, they forgot ROM, Godzilla, Man-Thing, Devil Dinosaur, HERBIE, the Lizard, M-11, and Hulk.

Also, based on the look of that fist construct, looks like Guy got literally boned by Sinestro.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lotion thing cracked me up. Read that page four or five times.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon looks like he's trying to steal the best ass award from Nightwing. Not gonna happen, dude!

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: lol what beef do you have with fairy tail?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: lol what beef do you have with fairy tail?

Oh no I loved Fairy Tail, I was just making fun of the fact on how Fairy Tail kill a character only to revealed she was alive in the next chapter, and people complained about that, so is funny to read that happened, but in the same chapter.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Good hugs all around

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Nice looking Superman/Clark almost thought they fixed him.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wait. Timisdead?

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro is pretty cool!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FearTheLiving

@nickinacage said:

She's around 16-19 definitely not 14 not sure where you got that age.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gmanfromheck: is there a forum to make suggestions for next weeks "best stuff in comics"? I don't use Twitter

NickInACage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feartheliving: He was like 13 when he became Spider-Man, and I don´t think he´s been S-Manning around for more than a year.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickinacage: He was 14 during the start of Spider-Man No More [2013]. Ultimate Universe ended in 2015 and post Secret Wars is 8 moths later. I'd say he's at least 15-16 at this point. Especially the way he's drawn in his series now.

That being said even if he were young it doesn't make Gwen that young as well.

smithes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

upto I looked at the draft for $7332 , I accept that...my... sister could actually earning money part time from there pretty old laptop. . there dads buddy haz done this for under 1 year and a short time ago paid for the mortgage on their villa and purchased a top of the range audi . look at this site <<<<< >>>>> Webpay5.com