gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Every week, we take a look at some of the most bizarre, exciting, and downright unique things to happen in comics. Check out our choices of the strange and wacky things that shouldn't be overlooked from this week's releases.

There may be some tiny spoilers ahead.

Aquaman #6

Best Reason Aquaman Isn't Lame

No Caption Provided

We recently looked at some of the reasons people assume Aquaman is a lame character. You can check out our video evidence here. In this week's issue, Aquaman and Mera are fighting the military over a misunderstanding. Superman arrives to calm things down and witnesses Aquaman's might first hand.

Deadpool & The Mercs For Money #3

Worst Nickname

No Caption Provided

Deadpool doesn't always think before he speaks. He jokingly mentions a nickname that could give others the wrong idea. Then again, perhaps the nickname does give the right idea about how quickly Wade does some things.

Batman #6

Best Reason Why You Don't See Batman Hiding in Trees

No Caption Provided

Gotham Girl is having a slight breakdown over the loss of her brother. She's still speaking to him and brings up a great point about why you don't see Batman in trees. After all, he is good at pretty much everything.

Best Hug

No Caption Provided

As cold and distant as Batman appears, he can show emotions at time. This isn't the first time he's won the Best Hug category. Here, he's giving Gotham Girl some much needed comfort.

All-New, All-Different Avengers #14

Best Flying Takedown

No Caption Provided

The all-new Wasp shows Janet Van Dyne the advantage of being raised in an assassin school. Janet refers to the move as Shrink Fu.

Daredevil #11

Best Creepy New Villain

No Caption Provided

Daredevil is hunting down a new serial killer. He comes across this creepy-looking guy on a rooftop. He doesn't say or do much here but makes an interesting first impression.

Superman #6

Best Return

No Caption Provided

Superman and his son, Jon, have been fighting the Eradicator. The Kryptonian artifact designed to protect the purity of their home planet decided Jon needs to be purged since his mother is an Earthling. Towards the end of the battle, we the return of Krypto, the Superdog.

Best Introduction

No Caption Provided

Superman decides it's time to introduce his super-powered son to Batman and Wonder Woman. Jon's powers are still developing, but he's shown great promise. This is Superman's way of accepting the role his son will play in the world and superhero community.

Spidey #10

Best Team-Up

No Caption Provided

Set during the beginning of Spider-Man's crime-fighting career, Spider-Man is still trying to accept the lack of respect he gets from J. Jonah Jameson and most of the public. Running into Captain America, the two team-up and take down M.O.D.O.K. in a great action sequence.

Nightwing #4

Best Pac-Man Reference

No Caption Provided

Nightwing and his partner, Raptor, are helping some captives escape. Working their way through a maze, Raptor mentions knowing how Pac-Man must feel.

Marvel Tsum Tsum #2

Best Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reference

No Caption Provided

What the heck is a Tsum Tsum? In the Marvel Universe, they're actually aliens that take on the form of what they witness. A bunch watched an Avengers battle on TV and took on their forms. When a crook managed to steal one, he decides placing it in front of the TV would help it to learn the language. Sadly, the Tsum Tsum does not take on the form of Will Smith after watching his sitcom.

The Flintstones #3

Worst School Bus

No Caption Provided

There are some surprising advances in technology during the Flintstones' prehistoric era. The fact that they have televisions among other things is impressive. What is not impressive is how the school bus operates. We've all seen Fred "driving around with bald feet," and it appears the school children have to do the same thing. It would seem missing the bus wouldn't be too big of a deal.

Invincible Iron Man #13

Best Look of Despair

No Caption Provided

Tony Stark has suffered a lot lately. He's lost his best friend, his company and personal life have been attacked, and he even had his girlfriend break things off with him. When Mary Jane tries talking to Stark, he looks at her with so much despair and sadness on his face.

Justice League #4

Worst Thing to Hear a Member of the Justice League Say

No Caption Provided

The Justice League are fighting a major attack that could destroy Earth. When Cyborg gets some answers about what's going on, what he says isn't very reassuring.

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Thanks to @thevinomonster for his suggestions. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, don't complain, contribute, especially if you didn't offer any suggestions. Each week you can @reply me on Twitter at@GManFromHeck by Saturdays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Be sure to always look for the best stuff and always be sure to look around carefully when walking by trees. You never know if Batman is hiding in one since he's so good at it.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Tony... damn dude. He doesnt look sad as much as he looks like hes just given up in general.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I cant wait for the new Superman trades man. By far my favorite Rebirth title. So freeeeeaking goooood.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I enjoyed Batman and Green Arrow this week. Great character development in both. The Time Master reminds me of a drug dealer with a twist to make him more then the common thug. Gotham Girl is extremely interesting.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yay, Krypto!!!

Soldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha! That school bus is amazing!

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good stuff this week. Especially Aquaman, Batman and Superman.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sideview of Wonder Woman looks weird.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real talk: The Superman rebirth comics are amazing. Both of them. Action comics and Superman. I haven't been this interested and invested in superman in YEARS. Bringing back the old superman was the best decision regarding superman DC has done in years. The family dynamic is amazing and makes me wish Marvel had the balls to do it with Spider-man.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have not even read the aquaman rebirth comic. the reason is the issue 1 art threw me off. didn't like the art. am gonna have to read it.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the perspective on that shield looks way off

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By 2cool4fun

I feel like I'm going to be the only one who dislikes them changing Krypto back, I really liked the wolf look, he always looked too much like an earth dog for something that came from krypton...also how come krypto is now listening to him, if he's a different superman?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious said:

Yeah, the perspective on that shield looks way off

Agreed, the shield should be sideways.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so nice to see that somebody(Patrick Gleason) can draw a Superman that doesn't look like he's been constipated for two months.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman #6 was pretty great. I don't throw great around lightly.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman #6 and Batman #6 were fun reads . Superman had awesome, much needed classic superman moments! While batman had that emotional and soft side of Bruce that we rarely see.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That pose makes aquaman look so weird, I cant even take him serious. Can already say I don't like Jon of the trinity Batman is the only that should have a kid.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Really like the way they show Tony. It looks like he really needs a break.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excluding some portions of the art Aquaman #6 was pretty damn good. Still, I felt that situation could've been handled a tiny bit better.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Daredevil #11's "Best Creepy New Villain" has a creepy look that is wasted on Daredevil.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Tony. I feel like he's gonna have a terrible send-off.

@dd208 said:

Daredevil #11's "Best Creepy New Villain" has a creepy look that is wasted on Daredevil.

This...is true lol.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real talk: The Superman rebirth comics are amazing. Both of them. Action comics and Superman. I haven't been this interested and invested in superman in YEARS. Bringing back the old superman was the best decision regarding superman DC has done in years. The family dynamic is amazing and makes me wish Marvel had the balls to do it with Spider-man.

Well, they're at least trying to make it seem like they have the balls to do it, given that the Renew Your Vows story is getting a sequel with Peter, MJ, and their daughter fighting crime together. True it's a parallel universe with no impact on the main universe but I suppose that's Marvel trying to have their cake and eat it too. I still really hope that Peter and MJ get back together in the main universe (if it's by beating Mephisto and undoing the deal, that's even better).

On a related note, someone who has read Invincible Iron Man #13, please tell me that Tony and MJ do not end up sleeping with each other after the panel shown. I only ask because that feels like how a lot of these stories go, where someone has lost everything and ends up sleeping with someone close to them to get some kind of comfort. If they have Tony and MJ developing a close and trusting friendship, that's great because it'd be a cool dynamic and something we don't usually see a lot in comics. But having the two sleep together would make it seem like that's the only reason that MJ was put into the series, so that she could have sex with Tony.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Janet wasn't calling Nadia's move Shrink Fu - that's what Janet does next to another thug. She shrinks, and then grows landing a nasty hit to the neck, scoring a KO. Nadia's move was plain old martial arts.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf is going on with Author in that first picture?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@truemarvel said:

Well, they're at least trying to make it seem like they have the balls to do it, given that the Renew Your Vows story is getting a sequel with Peter, MJ, and their daughter fighting crime together. True it's a parallel universe with no impact on the main universe but I suppose that's Marvel trying to have their cake and eat it too. I still really hope that Peter and MJ get back together in the main universe (if it's by beating Mephisto and undoing the deal, that's even better).

On a related note, someone who has read Invincible Iron Man #13, please tell me that Tony and MJ do not end up sleeping with each other after the panel shown. I only ask because that feels like how a lot of these stories go, where someone has lost everything and ends up sleeping with someone close to them to get some kind of comfort. If they have Tony and MJ developing a close and trusting friendship, that's great because it'd be a cool dynamic and something we don't usually see a lot in comics. But having the two sleep together would make it seem like that's the only reason that MJ was put into the series, so that she could have sex with Tony.

Mary Jane would never sleep with Tony Stark, she knows he and Peter knew each other and that would go against her character...........then again this is Bendis we´re talking about, so who knows.

Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, Daredevil's new enemy is Bloodshot.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@warlockmage: He looks like someone who'd grace the cover of a 70's soft-rock album. (A Gordon Lightfoot one, maybe?)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@truemarvel said:

Mary Jane would never sleep with Tony Stark, she knows he and Peter knew each other and that would go against her character...........then again this is Bendis we´re talking about, so who knows.

Yeah, that's kind of why I was worried.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: I have already read it, thankfully, they did not sleep together.

Blues32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang...for a first time team-up (I'm assuming it's the first), Cap and Spidey are working together really well.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

wait. if Jon Kent is going to be Superboy then what about Superboy Connor Kent ?

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i tried to google raptor and it said nightwing villain. who is raptor?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Krypto. Sit Boy."