gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Every week, we take a look at some of the most bizarre, exciting, and downright unique things to happen in comics. Check out our choices of the strange and wacky things that shouldn't be overlooked from this week's releases.

There may be some tiny spoilers ahead.

Deadpool and the Mercs for Money #5

Best Battle Cry for a Group of Mercenaries

No Caption Provided

Deadpool is leading a group of mercenaries. As they're about to attack their target, he yells out the Avengers' battle cry. He comes up with a different one that's more suitable for this team.

Aquaman: Rebirth #1

Best Explanation of Aquaman's "Talking to Fish" Power

No Caption Provided

Aquaman is a superhero that some people like to fun of, and part of the reason is because it's believed one of his superpowers is talking to fish. This actually isn't true.

Grizzlyshark #3: Grizzlyshark vs. Seabear

Best Reason Not to Text While Driving

No Caption Provided

We all know that texting while driving is dangerous. As seen here, it can lead to accidents, causing drivers to get thrown from their cars. If that wasn't dangerous enough, there's always the chance of a grizzlyshark finishing you off after you get ejected. Just put the phone down or pull over.

Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man #1

Best Reason Not to Tell Your Best Friend He's Always Welcome

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man had a long day fighting crime. Returning home, he crawls into bed in the dark. To his surprise, Johnny Storm (the Human Torch) decided to crash at his place and happens to sleep in the nude.

Action Comics #957

Best Reminder How Superman Shaves

No Caption Provided

Because Superman is a Kryptonian, he can't get a haircut or shave like everyone else. It has been shown a few times before how he shaves, and it is shown again to remind newer readers. Superman uses a piece of metal (likely from his spaceship) and reflects his heat vision off it to burn off his facial hair.

All-New X-Men #10

Best Way to Thwart an Attempted Assassination

No Caption Provided

It's not easy being an evil dictator. Even your followers might try to assassinate you. How do you stop a deadly cobra slipped into your tent? You make it your pet.

Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #1

Best Reason to Know Where to Draw the Line

No Caption Provided

It's great to be brave and loyal, but you should always know where to draw the line. It's okay to face a little danger for the greater good. Just avoid having to jump into volcanoes--and cilantro.

Detective Comics #934

Best Reason to Carry a Grappling Gun

No Caption Provided

Batman and his associates travel around Gotham by using grappling guns to swing around. When Batwoman tells the others to "keep up," Clayface realizes he might have problems with that.

The Wicked + The Divine #20

Best Question to Make Fanboys Cringe

No Caption Provided

You may have heard questions like this before. It's important to keep in mind that not everyone knows every single fact when it comes to geek culture. If this sort of question is presented to you, use it as an opportunity to politely educate the person as you answer.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #6

Worst Use of a Smart Tablet

No Caption Provided

What do you do when someone steals an Iron Man suit and they need to be stopped? The last thing you should do is try to stop them by smashing a tablet on the back of their head. All that will accomplish is destroying your tablet and possibly making the thief angry or annoyed.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything #2

Best Explanation on Why You Can't Travel Back in Your Own Timeline

No Caption Provided

Time travel and trying to explain it can be really messy. One line of thinking is it's impossible to travel back into your own timeline. If you attempt to do so, you'll end up creating an alternate timeline. This is explained when trying to figure out where Bebop and Rocksteady are.

Injection #10

Calmest Reaction That the End May be Near

No Caption Provided

We're all going to die--eventually. Some take this in an extremely calm way.

Wonder Woman: Rebirth #1

Best Explanation for Different Character Origins Over the Years

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman is a character that's been around since 1941. Her origin has changed occasionally from time to time. In this Rebirth issue, Diana discovers there is a reason her past has changed. There's a bigger plan in motion and she's being manipulated. Wonder Woman won't stand for this and is going to get to the bottom of it.

That's it this week. Let us know in the comments below what other Best Stuff you dug this past week. Special thanks to @thevinomonster and @AlexLaVelle2005 for their suggestions. If you want to participate or felt we missed some other Best Stuff, don't complain, contribute, especially if you didn't offer any suggestions. Each week you can @reply me on Twitter at @GManFromHeck by Saturdays using the hashtag #BestStuffInComics. We'll give you a shout out and I'll think you're pretty groovy.

Be sure to always look for the best stuff and always be sure to avoid the dangerous things in life--especially jumping into volcanoes and eating cilantro.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I still think it's odd they're implying there's so much confusion in Diana's life when we've only seen the two origins, and it was already explained the clay one was a lie from her mother.

I've seen some characters in comics with schizophrenic origins and personalities that don't match up with how they act in other books, but Wondie's seemed fairly consistent (not that there haven't been writers who have gotten her wrong too).

Though to be fair, I ended up dropping off her run not too long after Azzarello, so there is a very good chance I'm missing some details

Anyways, nice picks this week

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The "Superman shaving with laser eyes" and "Clayface being unable to keep up with the others using grappling guns" scenes were the best ones in my opinion this week. The "Clark (White) emerging as Superman" and "Superman sucker-punching Lex right after being electrocuted" moments were also great. Action Comics had a lot of good stuff going on this week.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Clayface :(

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I know the feeling, Clayface.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

LGBT people be like: #makespidermanandthehumantorchacouple

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@rocketraccoonthingy: Why does that suck?

Also Id say the two have a questionable relationship or at least one that could be open to interpretation.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3787857.html

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@darkdetective27: I wouldn't say as much. Shipping has been going on for a very long time, so regardless of the sexes or sexual inclinations, people will say that one should be with the other. Kind of the same way that people say Miles Morales should be with Kamala Khan (which I agree with), Tony Stark and Steve Rogers (nope), Cannonball and Sunspot (I can see it, but I don't support it), Scott Pilgrim and Wallace Wells (this one's funny), Hellboy and Abe Sapien (yes, really), Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew (eh), etc..

It happens often, and it doesn't always make sense, but it's bound to happen when someone sees two characters getting close to one another.

SuperValley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@51stpresidentofplanetneutral: I've heard a lot of people shipping Batroc and Baron Zemo, Artie Maddicks and Storm, (the obvious Squirrel girl, Toad, and Bishop love triangle), White Tiger (Hector Ayala) and Miles Morale; just so many. I miss the old days of comics before Bendis

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@captainmarvel4ever: I don't think it is that her origin is complex so much as it is people not liking some of the changes they made with the New 52. I think this will be their way of throwing out some of the bad (Amazons using sailors to have children and then selling off the male children as slaves, for instance). I personally got into Wonder Woman for the first time because of Azzarello's run so I'm a little conflicted about the chance of them retconning away a lot of it.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Fish do not posses enough intelligence"? Aquaman's letterer needs to check his spelling, lol.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, i remember the time, when Deadpool was funny. Speaking of Daniel Way times, before Deadpool became famous. He was my favourite anti-hero once, now, hes nothing else, then a stupid clown.

Ecthelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That johnny storm panel was hawt

Jaymes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jaymes

Why's the triangle between Toad, Bish, and Squirrel Girl obvious? I'm not against it, but I'm intrigued at the idea that the formation already has depth, and if you're pointing towards some grand hole of belief in the arrangement, I might jump down just to see what's there.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the problem with shipping, if it's just in good fun, as opposed to trying to force changes on characters that are completely uncalled for?

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, i remember the time, when Deadpool was funny. Speaking of Daniel Way times, before Deadpool became famous. He was my favourite anti-hero once, now, hes nothing else, then a stupid clown.

Same here.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

KingKaijuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: Sounds like your completely new to the world of pop culture and fandom. Shipping has existed for decades, for many mediums and many genres by men and women alike. Chances are you've seen/heard shipping commentary in your everyday life and just never recognized it as so because of whatever the topic was.

The most common shipping is when people discuss the "chemistry" between characters in a movie or how someone should of ended up with someone else.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingkaijuice: Uh.. I'm not new to these kinds of things. I just wasn't able to hear about the Spider-Man and The Human torch shipping. I've been on this site for too long so, I'm used to these stuff.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what the heck is 'shipping'?