Gen 1 20%
Gen 2 10%
Gen 3 20%
Gen 4 10%
Gen 5 10%
Gen 6 10%
Gen 7 0%
Gen 8 20%

So with Gen 8, we have gotten 3 new Starter Pokemon, so what Gen have the best Starter Pokemon?

The complete evolution line counts, not just the first stage or middle stage or last stage. However you can comment on which first evolution gen you like the most and final evolution as well. But vote based on overall between them all..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
DevoidRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gen 3.

Every other gen has a clear weak link in their line up (Bulbasaur for 1, Chikorita for 2, Turtwig for 4, Tepig for 5, Chespin for 6 and Litten for 7) while all 3 of Hoenn’s starters are solid.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blaziken is the strongest, but I like infernape the most

StormShadow_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#3  Edited By StormShadow_X

@devoidruby: weak link how? Bulbasaur had always been better than charizard and blastoise ore megas which are no longer in the game. Incineroar is also the best out if his trio in VGC. Sceptile also isn't very good and never had been even when given a mega since they botched his ability.

On topic my personal favorite trio is gen 7 and I overall like then together the most

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Gen 3 or Gen 6

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough call. For me I will say gen 1. Bulbasaur has and will always be my favorite starter. I like squritle and Charmander as well. They have the advantage of having Mega's and in Charizards case he has 2 mega's and a gigantomax form. Gives him a lot of different looks all of which are pretty badass.

Gen's 3, 7, and maybe gen's 2 and 8 are pretty awesome. Gen 8 I am unsure how I feel about Cinderace and Inteleon. I can't decide if I like them or not. With Gen 2 not sure how i feel about Meganium. Gen 5 is mostly good except Emboar who is only OK. Gen 6 has excellent first forms but the later evolution for the grass starter are bad and the 3rd form for the fire starter is also kind of meh (but I do like it for its uniqueness at least).

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, since Gen 8 came out, that's my favorit trio.. Inteleon is one of the coolest looking pokemon in the franchise..

Before Gen 8, I would say Gen 4.. I love all the pokemon from Gen 4..

DevoidRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DevoidRuby

@stormshadow_x: I meant design and character wise.

If we’re talking competitive wise then it comes down to Gen 8 and Gen 6, in which Gen 6 wins because no starter outside of Cinderace is anywhere near as good as Greninja with either of its extra abilities.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sy8000  Online

Gen 3 is best on average, Charizard can't carry his gen. 5 is my favorite gen but honestly I never much liked the lineup of starters.

I don't think this is based on competitive play otherwise the whole evolution line wouldn't be a factor.

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is based on your personal favorites, not competitive viability, UNLESS the competitive viability actually play into who your favorit gen starters are..

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well after season 4, they look awfull and sketchy, like if a kid had drawn them.