Best Marvel Superhero Movie of All Time

• 54 results
infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Best Marvel Superhero Movie of All Time (41 votes)

Blade (1998) 2%
Blade II (2002) 0%
Spider-man (2002) 0%
X2: United 2%
Spider-man 2 (2004) 17%
Iron Man (2008) 0%
X-Men First Class (2011) 5%
Avengers (2012) 5%
The Amazing Spider-man (2012) 0%
X-Men Days of Future Past (2014) 10%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (2014) 0%
Captain America: Winter Soldier (2014) 10%
Captain America: Civil War (2016) 2%
Logan (2017) 15%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017) 0%
Black Panther (2018) 0%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018) 27%
Avengers: Endgame (2019) 2%
Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) 0%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 (2023) 0%
Other 2%

What do you think is the greatest Marvel superhero movie of all time and why? I tried to get the ones people might consider the greatest.

• 
Enzvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Infinity War might not be objectively the best, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

Everything from the MCU up to that point has been building up to IW and it's pretty much where the MCU peaked. Virtually every character was present and written well, and Thanos.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a liking for Spider-Man 2. The entire train fight sequence is still the greatest action set piece in a superhero movie imo, bar none.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity War might not be objectively the best, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

Everything from the MCU up to that point has been building up to IW and it's pretty much where the MCU peaked. Virtually every character was present and written well, and Thanos.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to think about this one as there are so many good answers.

But I do want to make a shout out to "The Punisher" (1989) as I find it an underrated masterpiece. I'm not kidding, I love that film and still believe it's one of the best portrayals of the character. I still can't figure out why it gets so much hate!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will take Avengers : Infinity War just because it was such a Satisfying Payoff to all that MCU Buildup. It's one of the few Movies I actually saw Twice at the Movie Theater it was that Good when it came out.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzvi said:

Infinity War

Thanks! Why do you think so?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee said:

But I do want to make a shout out to "The Punisher" (1989) as I find it an underrated masterpiece. I'm not kidding, I love that film and still believe it's one of the best portrayals of the character. I still can't figure out why it gets so much hate!

Thanks! I didn't intentionally leave it off! I never heard someone praise it! I never saw it!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for your explanation! What film are you considering for an objectively best?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it’s still Spider-Man 2. It’s just does everything right from acting, writing, action, the score, visuals, juggling multiple storylines without ever really feeling clogged or jumbled, great compelling villain. It’s Spider-Man shown to be able to deal with the hard times and figure it out on his own basically. Doesn’t rely on setup movies or shows. For me it’s still the GOAT cbm, with only really TDK in contention for the crown. It’s not perfect, but it’s damnear close imho.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Edgelord91

I think Solo's and ensembles should be separate but I'm going with infinity war

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:

Thank you for your explanation! What film are you considering for an objectively best?

I don't know. I guess the Dark Knight?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Thanks! I meant Marvel since this is for best Marvel movie if you have a chance.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it’s still Spider-Man 2. It’s just does everything right from acting, writing, action, the score, visuals, juggling multiple storylines without ever really feeling clogged or jumbled, great compelling villain. It’s Spider-Man shown to be able to deal with the hard times and figure it out on his own basically. Doesn’t rely on setup movies or shows. For me it’s still the GOAT cbm, with only really TDK in contention for the crown. It’s not perfect, but it’s damnear close imho.

Thanks! Personally, I think Spider-man 2 is the greatest comic book movie I've ever seen.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a liking for Spider-Man 2. The entire train fight sequence is still the greatest action set piece in a superhero movie imo, bar none.

Thanks! I think Spider-man 2 is the best and that train fight is the greatest!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will take Avengers : Infinity War just because it was such a Satisfying Payoff to all that MCU Buildup. It's one of the few Movies I actually saw Twice at the Movie Theater it was that Good when it came out.

Thanks. What other movies did you see twice?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Thanks. What other movies did you see twice?

Star Wars : Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith.

WarStars1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:
@takenstew22 said:

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier for me. As much as I love Infinity War, I have to go with Winter Soldier because it was one of the few movies I watched start to finish that I truly enjoyed

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Across the Spider-Verse.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier for me. As much as I love Infinity War, I have to go with Winter Soldier because it was one of the few movies I watched start to finish that I truly enjoyed

Thanks, Falsepromise! Appreciate reading your thoughts. What other movies did you enjoy start to finish? Doesn't have to be comic book related!

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee said:

Thanks! I didn't intentionally leave it off! I never heard someone praise it! I never saw it!

It's cool, in fact I have never met another person who does like it. For some reason it gets lumped in there with Catwoman and Dragon Ball Evolution. However I found it a near perfect movie. Although I have read very little Punisher comics, I find Dolph Lundgren portrayal of the character perfectly. He's a killing machine, strategically plans his moves and more important than anything...he is dead inside! There is no longer any Frank Castle only the Punisher!

If you want to see the movie you can find it on You-Tube!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee: Thanks! And I haven't seen either of those movies but I know they're disliked!

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22: Thanks! I meant Marvel since this is for best Marvel movie if you have a chance.

Sorry, I read it as best superhero film in general.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tie between Logan and Infinity War

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee said:
@infinitehope said:
@referee said:

It's cool, in fact I have never met another person who does like it. For some reason it gets lumped in there with Catwoman and Dragon Ball Evolution. However I found it a near perfect movie. Although I have read very little Punisher comics, I find Dolph Lundgren portrayal of the character perfectly. He's a killing machine, strategically plans his moves and more important than anything...he is dead inside! There is no longer any Frank Castle only the Punisher!

If you want to see the movie you can find it on You-Tube!

i like dolph lundgren but he was a terrible punisher. he looked and sounded like he was sleepwalking throughout the film.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Objectively the best? What does that even mean?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@straight-fire said:
@takenstew22 said:

Objectively the best? What does that even mean?

If you look at it from a more unbaised sort of view I guess. I stupidly misread the OP and thought it said all superhero films in general, and in which case it would've included movies like the Dark Knight, Joker and such.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:

Why do you think those are the best? Thanks!

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:

Why do you think those are the best? Thanks!

Good exposition, proper character development, fantastic acting.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falsepromise said:

Thanks, Falsepromise! Appreciate reading your thoughts. What other movies did you enjoy start to finish? Doesn't have to be comic book related!

Well, Infinity War, the Dark Knight Rises, and the first three of Bay's Transformers, off the top of my head

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falsepromise: Thanks! Glad to see The Dark Knight Rises there! I really like that movie!

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dark_globe  Online

infinity war .

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By captain_inverse

F infinity war.

First Avengers movie hands down.

People talk about pay off and build up, this is like saying season 8 GoT is GOAT because the build up/pay off. IW is mid at best and carried by the nearly 20 movies before it.

Avengers is the best film that took heros from seperate films and placed them together, Loki was a beautiful villian ATM, Fury was a badass, and it told it's story and wrapped everything up nicely, it didn't make a mess of timelines and inconsistency issues like IW/EG did.

EDIT: NWH is the next best imo

Avatar image for deactivated-6674d5aeefe3a
deactivated-6674d5aeefe3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man 1 or spiderman 2 is the best movie, iron man 1 with a terrible villian tho. But first class is my fav because Im a magneto fanboy and gay for fassbender

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

days of future past shortly followed by the winter soldier

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity war or Endgame

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Logan

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

days of future past shortly followed by the winter soldier

Thanks! Good movies!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca said:

Probably Logan

Why do you think so?

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: I also thought the first Avengers was the best Avengers movie. I used to think the first Iron Man was the best MCU movie, but Avengers is a good choice imo!

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notafanboiii: Thanks! I was also thinking Spider-man 2 and the first Iron Man were among the best.

What did you think of X-Men Days of Future Past?

Avatar image for deactivated-6674d5aeefe3a
deactivated-6674d5aeefe3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitehope: been a while since I saw it but I remember enjoying it very much when it released. Probably objectively the best x men movie. Might rewatch it tomorrow actually you tempted me.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GangOrca
@infinitehope said:
@gangorca said:

Probably Logan

Why do you think so?

Great acting, simple but effective story, good action, well shot, etc. I'd say it's the best movie on this list even though it is by no means my favorite. Only thing that really irked me was the X-23 reveal and that the climax was just going to be two of the same characters fighting each other like in a lot of other superhero films. Personal opinion as well, Wolverine should've lived.

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca said:
@infinitehope said:
@gangorca said:

Probably Logan

Why do you think so?

Great acting, simple but effective story, good action, well shot, etc. I'd say it's the best movie on this list even though it is by no means my favorite. Only thing that really irked me was the X-23 reveal and that the climax was just going to be two of the same characters fighting each other like in a lot of other superhero films. Personal opinion as well, Wolverine should've lived.

Thank you for your explanation and making the distinction between the best and your favorite since what I consider the best aren't the same as my favorites either.