Best leader in Game of Thrones

Posted by fatalsniper728 (957 posts) 8 days, 4 hours ago

Poll: Best leader in Game of Thrones (31 votes)

Jon Snow 48%
Daenerys Targaryen 23%
Sansa Stark 13%
Tyrion Lannister 16%
No Caption Provided

Thoughts?

#1 Edited by Richubs (7023 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Robb Stark?

Edit : Also, Stannis

#2 Posted by RBT (29867 posts) - - Show Bio

Dany

#3 Posted by GateOfBabylon (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

I think one aspect that GOT drove was that none of them was a "best leader" in the end. There's no such thing. Each of them is flawed heavily in their own way.

#4 Posted by Bearderby (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Robb Stark

second by Jon Snow

#5 Posted by nn5 (602 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of these, Jon Snow is the only one I'd respect/trust.

#6 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

Of these, Jon, but these are all pretty bad

#7 Posted by thatduderox (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these choices are great. You're essentially choosing which one is least likely to get me killed. Out of the picks, Jon is the only one I see genuinely giving a damn about your wellbeing, but considering how many mistakes he's made, choosing him still isn't saying much.

#8 Posted by CaptOf501st (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

Where is Robb Stark?

This, and also Tywin and Ned

#9 Edited by Wot_m8 (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon. Especially going by the books and ignoring the last two season where he was dumbed massively down to make Dany and Sansa look smart.

Dany is a good revolutionary but a very bad leader. It has been highlighted both in the show and books repeatedly.

Sansa is just a watered down discount store version if Cersei and Little finger except she is a bad character so I don't think of her as a leader.

Tyrion while cunning, doesn't have what it takes to lead.

Out of everyone in the show, ironically, Robert was the best. He held the kingdoms in peace for so long.

Robb was also great but his inexperience and youth cost him.

#10 Posted by StellatedColt (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

OG Bobby B is the one true king

#11 Posted by MetalJimmor (6738 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Bran the Broken was the best leader. That is why they made him king at the end of the show.

#12 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12449 posts) - - Show Bio

Tywin

#13 Edited by RBT (29867 posts) - - Show Bio

@gateofbabylon said:

I think one aspect that GOT drove was that none of them was a "best leader" in the end. There's no such thing. Each of them is flawed heavily in their own way.

But Jon has a dick!

- Varys, probably.

#14 Edited by Jordan1Kenobi (395 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrion. He's smarter than them all, gets along with everyone, and knows what everyone wants and needs to survive.

#15 Posted by ParagonNate (4661 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon imo. The others have various flaws and hang ups that cripple them as leaders.

Avatar image for xxbaneofdurinxx
#16 Posted by xXBANEOFDURINXx (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Snow

#17 Posted by Kevd4wg (13132 posts) - - Show Bio

S1-4 Tyrion would be the best, but that man's a moron now. Sansa's probably the best out of the rest up there. Don't know why everyone thinks Robb and Jon are so great, when they literally got murdered for their bad leadership. I honestly think Jon is the weakest up there(pre-burn down the city Dany)

In the show, Tywin was probably shown to be the best leader in series. Book wise, he's a lot weaker. So for the books, I think Stannis is a serious contender in terms of Westeros and for the North, Ned was the perfect leader. I'd also like to add the Old Bear and Mance in particular as good leaders. Hell Roose was solid, and Beric did a damn good job with the Brotherhood. Randyl was a good leader too.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#18 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

From this list, I'd say Daenerys is the best if we ignore the rubbish from S8. Tyrion has been a complete moron for a while, Jon has been a complete moron for even longer, and Sansa is a snake who's even worse than Cersei.

#19 Edited by RBT (29867 posts) - - Show Bio

From this list, I'd say Daenerys is the best if we ignore the rubbish from S8. Tyrion has been a complete moron for a while, Jon has been a complete moron for even longer, and Sansa is a snake who's even worse than Cersei.

What season 8?

#20 Posted by Wut (7436 posts) - - Show Bio

Robb and Jon. Although, I'd say Robb was a better general then nation leader.

I think Jon is a great leader, he is strong willed, kind, just and when he doesn't know something he is willing to listen to those that do... also the least likely to abuse power.

#21 Posted by Kratosx64x (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: Well Jon was stabbed because he did the only logical thing in a group who were pretty much racist towards a whole group of people being thiefs, murderes and rapist while being mostly on the wall for being thiefs, murdereres and rapist.

It's like me saying those freaking geeks, nerds and weebs i hate them so much while i have a PS4, Nintendo Switch, a PC and love animes, mangas, sci fi and fantasy.

I think Jon was a great leader. He brought so many different people together to fight a common enemy, he was the underdog and he got up from having nothing to earn the trust of so many people who mistrust everyone and everything.

Well at least the first 6 seasons..... I don't consider the last 2 especially the last season canon.

#22 Posted by Kevd4wg (13132 posts) - - Show Bio

@kratosx64x:

Well Jon was stabbed because he did the only logical thing in a group who were pretty much racist towards a whole group of people being thiefs, murderes and rapist while being mostly on the wall for being thiefs, murdereres and rapist.

Which is something he should be very much aware of. He didn't listen to Stannis's advice of sending his enemies away or acting against these Racist people and instead let them plot because he's far too trusting and doesn't understand people. That's a sign of a bad leader. He may have done the right thing, but if he didn't get brought back all his good would've unraveled because he was naive.

#23 Posted by FaradaySloth (11851 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Jon Snow's Queen again?

#24 Posted by Kratosx64x (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: That is not just being trusting but the need of man. He lost a lot of people at Hartheim he knows whats coming and sending away half of your man would be suicide in any given way. Other than that he beheaded another ursurper right infront of everyone so he is not that naive. And in the series it shown as a act of a easy task for the nightwash to kill Jon but in the books they cried and were so upset with the action because they knew that Jon is a great leader and that he did the right thing but they couldn't burry they hate towards the wildlings and the idea that Jon has his own army to marsh against Ramsay Bolton.

#25 Edited by Bayman007 (2417 posts) - - Show Bio

Snow

#26 Posted by Tony501 (586 posts) - - Show Bio

Ned stark was the best leader in GoT.

#27 Posted by The_Magister (14871 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: You can’t be serious in choosing Dany at this point

#28 Posted by RBT (29867 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: You can’t be serious in choosing Dany at this point

S8 never happened.

#29 Posted by Kevd4wg (13132 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg: That is not just being trusting but the need of man. He lost a lot of people at Hartheim he knows whats coming and sending away half of your man would be suicide in any given way. Other than that he beheaded another ursurper right infront of everyone so he is not that naive. And in the series it shown as a act of a easy task for the nightwash to kill Jon but in the books they cried and were so upset with the action because they knew that Jon is a great leader and that he did the right thing but they couldn't burry they hate towards the wildlings and the idea that Jon has his own army to marsh against Ramsay Bolton.

In the books they did it because Jon was going to leave his post. He literally abandoning the Nights Watch where the consequence is death, they didn't kill him for the wildlings. That's also Jon making a stupid leadership decision. Show wise he refused to send Allister away on advice from Stannis and Allister ends up plotting to kill him.