• 70 results
#1 Posted by jashro44 (53035 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an old segment that @k4tzm4n use to run back when he was a staff member. However me and my friends who run battle of the week were talking and we decided to bring this segment back. Basically in this segment we pick the best battles we saw in comics and than we will post the highlights of these fight. I will not upload the full fights in respect to the scan rule.

Mister Miracle #6

Alright so I have to be honest I haven't been reading this book despite hearing great things. After reading this issue I can see why this book has been so good....However I have no idea why BIg Barda and Scott are raiding through new genesis but for some reason they want to talk to Orion.

Oh and if your wondering why there talking about closet space before its because Barda wants to change the apartment they live in. And there is a very good reason for this. If you want to know check the issue out.

No Caption Provided

They continue there conversation as they move through new genesis. They kill guards on the way there:

No Caption Provided

They even end up encountering lightray on the way there and defeat him. However if your wondering why Scott looks so shocked, and why he hugs Barda at the end I would recommend you check the issue out. There is also another shock at the end of the issue when Mister Miracle does finally make it to Orion...

No Caption Provided

Old Man Logan #33

FOr those of you that haven't been keeping up with old man Logan, The gorgon is back and he has brought someone back from wolverines past in order to try and kill wolverine. After wolverine fought that person in the previous issue she chopped wolverines hand off (with a blade can slice through adamantium):

No Caption Provided

Wolverine escapes where he is tracked down by Silver Samurai (shingen). The two of them team up to take on Gorgon and the hand and we do see a brief clash between Shingen and Gorgon:

No Caption Provided

We also find out that wolverine's hand regrew however it regrew without the admantium. And we see Logan slice through some hand ninjas using one adamantium claw and one bone claw. He also does have a rematch with the person Gorgon resurrected but I wont reveal who that is for spoilers sake.

No Caption Provided

Bloodshot Salvation #5

Again I have to be honest I haven't been reading bloodshot either. But from what I picked up in this issue Ray no longer has nano machines, and he also has a child now. However bloodshots wife magic has a estranged father who is insane and was calling the house. Bloodshot goes to try and stop him and ends up getting kidnapped and restrained. Luckily Ninjak shows up to his aid:

No Caption Provided

Obviously some random hill billy are no challenge for someone like ninjak. He easily disposes of Daddy's men.

No Caption Provided

However Ray isn't satisfied with letting Daddy run away so he grabs ninjaks sword and chases Daddy down himself and kills him. However Ninjak reveals that Ray wasted to much time on his vendetta and now his child is going to die. If your curious what happens to Ray's child you should probably read the next issue of bloodshot salvation...Which will also be a good jumping on point for new readers as well as this was "the end of book one":

No Caption Provided

So do you want to see more of these types of threads? And if you do, do you wish wish to be tagged into these threads in the future? Also what did you think were the best battles this week? Also if you have suggestions for the best battles you've read next week feel free to post them here and just @reply me.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#3 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17887 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by jashro44 (53035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Change my tag please. Thanks.

No problem. Out of curiosity do you not get notifications under major_hellstorm anymore?

#5 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17887 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3daad020468
#6 Posted by deactivated-5b3daad020468 (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that pose Ninjak is in ,so smug and casual

#7 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18449 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by jashro44 (53035 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Amendment50 (15454 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, nice picks, Jash.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#10 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16162 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone wants to be King nowadays smh. A little late to play royalty...

The Mister Miracle scans have me curious. Now I'm actually wondering what's happening, and how the encounter with Orion plays out.

#11 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

Also why does Ninjak art look different now?

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#12 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love how Gorgon ran away ;)

#13 Posted by comic_book_fan (11517 posts) - - Show Bio

tag me for this to

#14 Posted by jashro44 (53035 posts) - - Show Bio

tag me for this to

Alright.

Its better than how he was treated in agents of shield. At least here he had a plan to torment Logan.

#15 Posted by The_Kidd (12160 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, can you tag me plz?

#16 Edited by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Also, Shin Harada's suit had 5000+ different functions specifically built in to counter Gorgon and the hand. One of them even allowed him to heal from getting fatally stabbed in the back. Gorgon just turned his back and left because he knew that he could not kill him and thus fighting him would be futile. At that point, at least.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (53035 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Also, Shin Harada's suit had 5000+ different functions specifically built in to counter Gorgon and the hand. One of them even allowed him to heal from getting fatally stabbed in the back. Gorgon just turned his back and left because he knew that he could not kill him and thus fighting him would be futile. At that point, at least.

I thought he just had a counter for Gorgons stone stare?

@the_kidd said:

Cool, can you tag me plz?

Done.

#18 Posted by galeme (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Mister Miracle looks good but i don't want to read it since i don't like King's Batman run.

Thanks for tagging.

#19 Edited by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: That was the only thing he was explicit about. Though he kept mentioning how he had a counter for him and the hand, throughout the three issues they had faced each other. It was clear that he was only something resembling a threat due to his scientific acumen that allows him to build armours of this calibre.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait that's what happens at the end? Gorgon's stomped 616 Logan at his peak, why is he running from an older, weaker Logan? And this fight looked so cool too.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#21 Edited by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Lol he didn't run away from Logan he ran away from Samurais son who had a counter to his tactics and abilities with a suit. I was just poking fun at that detail since usually Tomi doesn't do that from what I've seen

#22 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterskywalker: Oh OK that makes more sense at least. Gorgon sounded like a wimp from the way you were mocking him which was amusing.

#23 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: @jashro44: Remeber when everyone use to wank the Gorgon vs Wolvie and Elektra fight? Now Gorgon is barely keeping up with Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Spider Man, and now Silver Samurai.

Just saying, I called it.

#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (34487 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: @jashro44: Remeber when everyone use to wank the Gorgon vs Wolvie and Elektra fight? Now Gorgon is barely keeping up with Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Spider Man, and now Silver Samurai.

Not to rain on your anti-Gorgon parade, but this Silver Samurai was fighting evenly against Jane Foster as Thor. Just saying.

#25 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Not to rain on your anti-Gorgon parade, but this Silver Samurai was fighting evenly against Jane Foster as Thor. Just saying.

Wolverine also did a number on Worthy Thor. Ultimate Thor was wrecked by First Knife from Reed. Your point?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

No Caption Provided

Thor(s) never ever did well vs speedy/skilled foes with powerful cutting weapons. Just saying.

#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (34487 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: My point is that you incessantly lowball characters you dislike. No more or less.

#27 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: One, when did you call it? Two Daredevil cheap shotted Gorgon whilst he was fighting Iron Fist and Gorgon said he was holding back to save himself for Wolverine. Shang Chi got stomped by Gorgon in 4 moves and MasterSkywalker informed me that Silver Samurai had gear which countered Gorgon's abilities. So your claims that Gorgon is overrated are a little premature.

#28 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_ said:

@sirfizzwhizz: My point is that you incessantly lowball characters you dislike. No more or less.

Yet I back my claims with proof more or less. Thanks for playing.

Im not lowballing gorgon anyway. I simply stated he is not better than Iron fist or Spider Man which is true. You telling me Gorgon is not wanked as above them? Your funny mate. But wait, Im the lowballer. Sounds like you lost arguments to me in the past more like it.

@lvenger:

One, when did you call it? Two Iron Fist cheap shotted Gorgon whilst he was fighting Daredevil and Gorgon said he was holding back to save himself for Wolverine.

DD and IF hold back too as heroes. Your point? fact is he never blitz or easy beat IF.

Shang Chi got stomped by Gorgon in 4 moves

Wrong and way to lie. Shang Chi gave Gorgon hell and tag Gorgon a few times. Unless you want to argue Gorgon likes pain and being hit by inferior foes. It was not till the end of the comic that shang Chi was tired and had nothing left mate. Ready to die.

Try again with that lie.

and MasterSkywalker informed me that Silver Samurai had gear which countered Gorgon's abilities. So your anti Gorgon cheering is premature.

Like what? Show proof please. I love to see the anti gorgon gear. Not that it matters as Gorgon should NEVER been tag or had trouble tagging Stret Tier speed Silver Samurai. So..........

#29 Posted by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Remeber when everyone use to wank the Gorgon vs Wolvie and Elektra fight? Now Gorgon is barely keeping up with Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Spider Man, and now Silver Samurai.

Dude, what?. Gorgon stomped Shang Chi in one page once he got serious, was fighting evenly with Spider-man and during Secret Empire #9, was taking on Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones at the same time.

As for Silver Samurai, I suggest you at least see the full picture before judging. Firstly, Harada Jr had built a powered suit of armour that would amp his physical stats by 50 fold and had over 5000 defences designed specifically to counter Gorgon and the Hand. That was what allowed him to effortlessly stomp hundreds of hand ninjas in one go in spite of being a punk ass kid with no notable fighting skills to speak off.

One of the suit's functions allowed him to literally come back from the dead, due to healing his fatal wounds. Gorgon knew the couldn't kill him and realised that fighting him would be futile. He also didn't run away so much as walk away in the middle of the battle with a 'catch you later' dialog.

#30 Edited by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work jash

#31 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Remeber when everyone use to wank the Gorgon vs Wolvie and Elektra fight? Now Gorgon is barely keeping up with Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Spider Man, and now Silver Samurai.

Dude, what?. Gorgon stomped Shang Chi in one page once he got serious, was fighting evenly with Spider-man and during Secret Empire #9, was taking on Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones at the same time.

As for Silver Samurai, I suggest you at least see the full picture before judging. Firstly, Harada Jr had built a powered suit of armour that would amp his physical stats by 50 fold and had over 5000 defences designed specifically to counter Gorgon and the Hand. That was what allowed him to effortlessly stomp hundreds of hand ninjas in one go in spite of being a punk ass kid with no notable fighting skills to speak off.

One of the suit's functions allowed him to literally come back from the dead, due to healing his fatal wounds. Gorgon knew the couldn't kill him and realised that fighting him would be futile. He also didn't run away so much as walk away in the middle of the battle with a 'catch you later' dialog.

Now that sounds bad ass. Glad Gorgon did not win which still puts Gorgon in his place. People like to think Gorgon is well above Iron Fist or Spider man and he is not. This is more proof to that point IMO. Thanks.

#32 Edited by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: He didn't not win. The fight was inconclusive since he just said screw it and walked away. Gorgon isn't well above Spidey or a bloodlusted Danny but he will beat either in a fight.

#33 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: He didn't not win. The fight was inconclusive since he just said screw it and walked away. Gorgon isn't well above Spidey or a bloodlusted Danny but he will beat either in a fight.

Gorgon ran away yes? That is conceding. Simple as that.

#34 Posted by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Eh call it whatever you want. All I am doing is making sure that you are seeing the full picture.

#35 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Eh call it whatever you want. All I am doing is making sure that you are seeing the full picture.

And I thank you for it.

#36 Posted by BruceRogers (17436 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (34487 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Good to know that posting scans of Ultimate chump, aka Thor is proof.

We've never debated one another, and the only time I've conversed with anyone regarding the matter of Gorgon's status was with @jashro44. Your thought process regarding "winning/losing arguments" instead of having a discussion is precisely why I don't want to debate you; you are one of the worst debaters I have ever seen.

#38 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Good to know that posting scans of Ultimate chump, aka Thor is proof.

We've never debated one another, and the only time I've conversed with anyone regarding the matter of Gorgon's status was with @jashro44. Your thought process regarding "winning/losing arguments" instead of having a discussion is precisely why I don't want to debate you; you are one of the worst debaters I have ever seen.

Well I agree with one thing, you should not be about winning and losing debates. Fair enough. Though worst debater? Strange, I somehow made HoF like yourself, and I still win CaVs and Tourney matches. Not sure How I can do any of that if Im the worst. Guess that is a "debate" in itself. Opinions are like assholes as the phrase goes I guess....

You could block me to btw. Haters hate.

#39 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

DD and IF hold back too as heroes. Your point? fact is he never blitz or easy beat IF.

It's not as if Iron Fist is slow though, he's a casual bullet timer and he can amp himself with chi. Plus Gorgon already said he didn't want to waste his time on Danny, and Bendis had written Logan beat IF in a sparring match (followed by Squirrel Girl beating him)

Wrong and way to lie. Shang Chi gave Gorgon hell and tag Gorgon a few times. Unless you want to argue Gorgon likes pain and being hit by inferior foes. It was not till the end of the comic that shang Chi was tired and had nothing left mate. Ready to die.

What lies have I told? Shang Chi had Stark tech weapons amping him (your second scan proves that point for me), took out the candles to fight in darkness so Gorgon couldn't use his stone stare on him and took out his eyes with the element of surprise. You also forgot these scans where Gorgon casually threw Shang a couple stories and then stomped him in 4 moves.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

I don't need lies when I have the actual scans.

Like what? Show proof please. I love to see the anti gorgon gear. Not that it matters as Gorgon should NEVER been tag or had trouble tagging Stret Tier speed Silver Samurai. So..........

I guess I can 'find' the scans if you absolutely insist but I'm pretty sure MasterSkywalker's not lying. This Silver Samurai has more tech and gear than the previous one. And again this Silver Samurai has fought Jane Foster as Thor so he's clearly not a pushover. But I can't say I'm surprised you're lowballing mainstream characters again, your rep is practically built off that.

#40 Posted by MOWJACK (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

when she cut loosed,she stomped him.

#41 Posted by laflux (24730 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: @lvenger:

In the end, Gorgon did have a comprehensive victory over Shang Chi, but compared to his showing over Logan and Elektra, its an inferior feat. Shang got some good hits in, in fact when the preview came up, I was legitmimately scared that Chi might actually win. The fight for me showed that in that instance Shang-Chi had skill to contend with Gorgon, but Gorgon's stat advantage was too much, hence why he was able to throw him 2 Stories using his strength and eventually blitz him with his superior speed.

This is in contrast to enemy of the state, where he was also considered to be Logan's and elektra's superior in skill (by Logan's own admission)

#42 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

It's not as if Iron Fist is slow though, he's a casual bullet timer and he can amp himself with chi.

I agree.

Plus Gorgon already said he didn't want to waste his time on Danny,

Because he is unable to steamroll him which is my point.

What lies have I told? Shang Chi had Stark tech weapons amping him (your second scan proves that point for me), took out the candles to fight in darkness so Gorgon couldn't use his stone stare on him and took out his eyes with the element of surprise.

Stark Tech never amp shit. It was just gear. The speed and skill of Shang Chi was the Same its always been.

You also forgot these scans where Gorgon casually threw Shang a couple stories and then stomped him in 4 moves.

I don't need lies when I have the actual scans.

Yes I did mention that. I said he beat Chang Chi after Shang landed tons of blows on Gorgon and was tired out. Ready to die a honorable death. You meanwhile left all that out.

I guess I can 'find' the scans if you absolutely insist but I'm pretty sure MasterSkywalker's not lying. This Silver Samurai has more tech and gear than the previous one. And again this Silver Samurai has fought Jane Foster as Thor so he's clearly not a pushover. But I can't say I'm surprised you're lowballing mainstream characters again, your rep is practically built off that.

This is old too. What "Mainstream" about Gorgon anyway? He is overwank in battle forums yes, but mainstream? No one outside Battle Forums know who he is. LMAO.

As for me always hating "Main stream" another lie. I like Miles and he is now Mainstream with a movie coming out. I like Ghost Rider like no one else. Mainstream. I like Morbius, Werewolf By Night, Marvel Dracula, Grey Hulk, the Maker (Who is now Mainstream), Batman (Frank Millers mostly and other versions), Punisher, Man Thing, and more 616 Marvel/DC characters. Godzilla is also super mainstream lamo. So how am I known as a the Mainstream hater again? Is it because I think characters you and others like are wanked in battle forum discussions as much you and others think I wank Miles or Invincible? Sounds more like I cornered your ass in a past recent debate and your still sore to me. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/team-thor-vs-world-war-hulk-1919706/ Yeah you were sore when myself and others called out your bullshit. Get over it.

#43 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack said:
@morpheus_ said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

YUP

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#44 Posted by Dextersinister1 (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

A man who knows his stuff

#45 Posted by P00TY (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#46 Edited by Morpheus_ (34487 posts) - - Show Bio

@mowjack said:
@morpheus_ said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

She threw her (somehow) sentient hammer at him, which in turn put him down while Jane herself did nothing - because she couldn't. She didn't "cut loose" at all.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

Because he is unable to steamroll him which is my point.

No it's because he was saving himself for Logan.

No Caption Provided

Plus he had Danny's hand before Daredevil cheap shotted him.

Stark Tech never amp shit. It was just gear. The speed and skill of Shang Chi was the Same its always been.

In Shang's own words "I have weapons to make me stronger." And you can literally see Shang's fists glowing with energy when he hits Gorgon which Shang can't do normally like how Iron Fist harnesses Shao Lou chi. So his striking power was definitely greater than normal.

Yes I did mention that. I said he beat Chang Chi after Shang landed tons of blows on Gorgon and was tired out. Ready to die a honorable death. You meanwhile left all that out.

I didn't leave it out since you had already posted the scans. My point is Gorgon stomped Shang when he got serious. The outcome of the fight was clear from the beginning. Shang got some hits in but Gorgon still wrecked him when he actually tried. So that still puts him above the Wolverine/Iron Fist tier of street levellers.

This is old too. What "Mainstream" about Gorgon anyway? He is overwank in battle forums yes, but mainstream? No one outside Battle Forums know who he is. LMAO.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Gorgon isn't well known outside of battle board threads. So why you're gloating about Gorgon's low showings I don't know. I would have thought it would get old repeating the same trick.

#48 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I agree Gorgon was much less impressive against Shang than he was against Elektra and Wolverine. But there was environmental factors, Shang bringing tech to the fight and having prior knowledge on Gorgon which were all utilised in that fight too. Shang's skill level also varies, some writers have statements about Shang being the most skilled martial artist on the planet despite him lacking feats to cement that claim. I guess in this instance, Shang's skill was being buffed because like you said, based on the Elektra and Wolverine fights, Gorgon should be superior in stats as well as skill. It ultimately comes down to writing inconsistencies that almost every comic character suffers from.

#49 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

Image result for eating popcorn gif

#50 Edited by k4tzm4n (41737 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Thank you for keeping this alive. I'd give an honorable mention to Old Man Hawkeye vs Old Man Multiple Man.

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Do you have scans of this or an issue number? I'd love to see that.