• 116 results
#51 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal: That’s true Trump could totally insult Allah, Jesus, and Football in the same week and takeover...

#52 Edited by lvenger (33487 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet it will have some kind of impact. At the very least, Affleck's chances in being in a future Batman film are hanging by the wire now. On top of his divorce and alcoholism amongst other personal problems, he's damaged goods to be playing the lynchpin of the DCEU franchise now. I smell a recast in the future. As for Justice League, I can't not see one of the main stars being accused of harassing women not having a negative impact on the press tours of the cast for Justice League. The timing couldn't be worse for the movie's PR.

#53 Posted by TheVoidofDeath (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with these celebrities ...... no shame

#54 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I just wanna leave this here...

Loading Video...

#55 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all better start apologizing to that girl you bumped into in elementary school. She'll be coming for you. On topic, nah I don't think it will effect the movie much. The world is a lot bigger than social media.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#56 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9294 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: my point is that not everyone will feel the same towards it so it'll hurt JL but not that much.

#57 Posted by Blacksmith_99 (2179 posts) - - Show Bio

It will probably not affect the movie. I believe that those social media scandals won't affect a blockbuster like Justice League, even though Ben is one of the main stars. And to be frankly, those scandals happen all the time and they're usually forgotten in a month or two, so I doubt it will have a lasting impact or have any big impact on JL.

#58 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: my point is that not everyone will feel the same towards it so it'll hurt JL but not that much.

Oh ok. I gotcha.

#59 Posted by OldBoy93 (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him gone, period.

All he's done so far is

Walk away from directing the Batman film.

Had his screenplay for said film get tossed aside.

Star in a crtically panned and financially underperforming film.

On a personal level

His last directorial work bombed spectacularly.

He's having trouble with his divorce/kids/affairs/gambling/drinking

His brother is accussed of sexual harrasment.

Now this.

This man is a serious liability to the franchise. Everything he had going for him back in 2013 has fizzled out. Fanboys will still get their precious fight scenes and grey suit with fake abs anyway. His acting was serviceable and the writing for his character was terrible. I'm surprised at fans dreading his departure, screw this guy.

I have a better idea..........LET'S REBOOT THE ENTIRE DCEU!!!

#60 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by Spambot (8484 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say a 3-5% drop in box office by the time it comes out. Its going to keep getting talked about because there's kind of consistent history of it with Ben and his brother. WB will prob be telling Ben to keep as low a profile as possible until the movie is released.

#62 Posted by Eto (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think it won't and it shouldn't but you never know. We'll see.

Sigh.

#63 Posted by DanielDaRipper (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't Know don't care a woman needs a good boob squeeze every now and then.

That's a good way to get yourself smacked, pepper sprayed, and arrested.

#64 Posted by StormShadow_X (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

The universe wants a reboot and I won't argue

#65 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (13501 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it´s pretty crappy to grab a woman´s boob if she doesn´t want to, but that´s it, he didn´t really made something horrible that needs punishing or anything like that, apart from that, the other instance with Losique she already said it was all part of the show and that he was very respectful off-camera, and the make up artist is probably just claiming that to get some spotlight, regular people love to use celebrities and create scandals out of nowhere to get attention.

I mean, Ben Affleck doesn´t seem like the type of guy who goes around stalking women, ffs he doesn´t need to, he probably could get laid with anyone he wants, so I´d take these claims with a grain of salt.

#66 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (13501 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it remind you Christian balr assault both his mother & sister caught flak for it but still continued his role as batman.

No, it wont.

And no, he shouldn't have remained quiet, that's evident now when the Knights of the Internet are asking why everyone who's had any kind of relationship with Weinstein have not distanced themselves from him by now. The Clintons have caught flack, as have the Obama's... Matt Damon is still in the hot-tub because he didn't mention Weinstein by name in his condemnation. Where it gets odd however is Ben's apology to someone he himself groped on the red carpet not that long ago.

All that said, I don't think it will impact the movie, people will still want to see Justice League, and Ben is not so embroiled in controversy people are calling for his head. And even if everything somehow explodes, like it did with Mel Gipson, it will only be a matter of years before he slowly comes back.

What happened with Mel Gibson and Christian Bale ?? Never heard any screwed things about them.

#67 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Really???

Mel Gibson’s drunken rants to his girlfriend how a group of n words were gonna rape her? And his rants against Jews?

Bale antics didn’t get that much hype. He had that Terminator Salvation rant, but the crew memeber really did screw up. Clearly the video/audio leaked because someone didn’t like getting yelled at...

Gibson was blackedballed for a good while then came back...

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#68 Edited by TheSpartanB345T (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

Never heard of this and I wouldn't of have heard.

So no.

#69 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (13501 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@thor_parker82: Really???

Mel Gibson’s drunken rants to his girlfriend how a group of n words were gonna rape her? And his rants against Jews?

Bale antics didn’t get that much hype. He had that Terminator Salvation rant, but the crew memeber really did screw up. Clearly the video/audio leaked because someone didn’t like getting yelled at...

Gibson was blackedballed for a good while then came back...

Mel Gibson told his girlfriend some nigg@s where going to rape her ?? Damn, that´s mean, was her girlfriend an actress or a regular girl ?? What did he say to jews ??

I didn´t know the scandals about Bale, what did he do to his mother and sister ??

I wasn´t that much into researching all of Hollywood´s world until about 2014 which is when my interest on that whole world sparked, so I´m sure there are a lot of "popular" rumours I have never heard about.

#70 Posted by Spambot (8484 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: You really never heard about any of the stuff with Gibson? You must be pretty young then. Basically he believes Jews control Hollywood and some other things(which granted to some degree is true) but which saying will get you blackballed. He got pulled over by police while driving drunk and made some comments about Jews and then had a gf who he left all sorts of nasty messages to on her voicemail which she released to the media. So he basically got blackballed for about 5-6 years.

#71 Edited by Druzzie (423 posts) - - Show Bio

If him defending islam doesn't hurt then I don't think this one will.

#72 Posted by Heatforce (3251 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not just Ben that may be in trouble. WB, Disney, even Amazon is being called out.

#73 Edited by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: IIRC Micheal Eishner fired the Weinsteins so they should be covered...

#74 Posted by MonsterStomp (35347 posts) - - Show Bio

A celebrity that has skeletons in their closet? What has the world come to?

Sarcasm

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#75 Posted by HandOfPrometheus (695 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevoidofdeath: They're human. Expecting all of them to be saints is where people always mess up. Camera and Social media posts are just fronts or possibly actually them in real life. We don't know how their life is or who they really are.

#76 Posted by mrmonster (5654 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. Mainstream audiences will not know or care about this very much.

#77 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
#78 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2120 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god I used to grab girls asses all the time in 8th grade.

#79 Posted by logy5000 (7144 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by TheVoidofDeath (1405 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Posted by MonsterStomp (35347 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have sex a lot in 8th grade.

#82 Posted by That1dcfan (165 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Edited by Spambot (8484 posts) - - Show Bio

@indomitableregal said:

@lukehero Won't hurt him or JL at all tbh. He apologized to Burton, there really isn't any evidence of the Golden Globe incident, and as creepy as the Montreal interview looked, the host herself said it was completely out of context. Plus, America has trouble concentrating on too many scandals at once and right now, it's either gun control, NFL kneeling, or Weinstein. Miscellaneous Trump news covers everything else. There isn't much room left for Affleck.

I think the current scandal is 'sexual abuse in Hollywood' and Affleck is part of it now. Its Weinstein on tier 1 with others like Ben on tier 2. WB may end up having to cut him loose to stay ahead of the pr curve.

#84 Edited by The_Hajduk (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:
Loading Video...

Affleck's been playing Bruce Wayne his whole life.

#85 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: I just can't see them cutting him or forcing him out of the role based on this. He's gonna get asked questions, but unless more women/tapes pop up I just don't see it....

#86 Posted by The_Hajduk (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelastdragonborn said:

I used to have sex a lot in 8th grade.

I used to do tons of raping in 8th grade.

#87 Posted by lukehero (34463 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by MonsterStomp (35347 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Spambot (8484 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@spambot: I just can't see them cutting him or forcing him out of the role based on this. He's gonna get asked questions, but unless more women/tapes pop up I just don't see it....

It really depends on where it goes from here I think. I don't think he is on the best terms with WB or the new director already. It wouldn't take much for them to mutually decide to walk away from each other. Unless JL is just a smash hit and then WB likely says **** it, he's our guy.

#90 Posted by entropy_aegis (19284 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Over dramatic

Um no, his life is a wreck both personally and professionally, overdramatic are DCEU fans who think he cant be replaced because of his fake abs and fight scenes.

Batman's brand endured Joel Schumacher and actors of the high caliber such as Keaton and Bale has worked with him and moved on. Affleck is nothing and his loss will mean nothing, WB already has a new director and is working on a new script for the Batman film. They can afford to ditch this massive liability who is polarizing amongst fans to begin with.

#91 Posted by BruceRogers (11554 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: In your opinion, who would be a great Batman if Affleck gets the sack?

#92 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (13501 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

@thor_parker82: You really never heard about any of the stuff with Gibson? You must be pretty young then. Basically he believes Jews control Hollywood and some other things(which granted to some degree is true) but which saying will get you blackballed. He got pulled over by police while driving drunk and made some comments about Jews and then had a gf who he left all sorts of nasty messages to on her voicemail which she released to the media. So he basically got blackballed for about 5-6 years.

I´m 19 years old.

Is that young ?? LOL

#93 Posted by Spambot (8484 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

I´m 19 years old.

Is that young ?? LOL

yes though maybe not by the standards of cv.

#95 Posted by T6 (515 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio
#98 Posted by Gotoucanario (2849 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:
Loading Video...

Affleck's been playing Bruce Wayne his whole life.

Wow what a monster.

#99 Edited by MainJP (2098 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#100 Posted by war of light_2814 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a Batfleck fan but it look like just another c lister trying to have 20 minute of fame.

It going to have some effect probably not much though, WB will be milking on Wonder Woman even more from now on.