mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By mickey-mouse

From CNN: From CNN:

(CNN)Ben Affleck has apologized for groping Hilarie Burton during an appearance on MTV's "Total Request Live" years ago.

The incident took place when Burton, who recurs on Fox's "Lethal Weapon," was a co-host on MTV's "Total Request Live," a daily music video countdown that ran for ten years until 2008 and was recently revived by the network."I acted inappropriately toward Ms. Burton and I sincerely apologize," Affleck wrote on Twitter.

Video of the incident resurfaced Wednesday after Affleck joined a chorus of others in denouncing the actions of disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, who stands accused of numerous incidents of sexual harassment and three incidents of rape.The New York Times and the New Yorker detailed the allegations in separate stories published within the last week.A representative for Weinstein denied the allegations of sexual assault in a statement to CNN."Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein. Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances," the statement read in part.Burton's encounter with Affleck was recalled by Burton on Twitter in reply to a fan who brought up the incident.

Clearly, the lynch mob is coming for Ben Affleck, which to be honest he kinda stepped in it when he condemned Weinstien on Twitter. He should have stayed out of it. Now the internet is reliving every dumb thing Ben has done to a woman ever....Also it doesn't help his brother has also been of accused of being very rapey towards women...I'm in no way giving Ben a pass for this, but this thing is going to turn into a witch hunt & it's very weird to see things play out like this.

From Vice:

On Wednesday, Ben Affleck—who recently took to Facebook to denounce Harvey Weinstein's alleged sexual harassment—was called out on Twitter for grabbing One Tree Hill actress Hilarie Burton's breast during a 2003 TRLinterview. Affleck tweeted an apology to Burton on Twitter after footage of the incident resurfaced, but the internet quickly discovered it wasn't the only time the actor had man-handled a woman on camera.

During a 2004 interview with Canadian reporter Anne-Marie Losique to promote Jersey Girl, Affleck pulls Losique onto his lap, asks her why she wasn't showing more cleavage, and then tells her that the TV station would "like it better if [she] did this show topless."

"You usually show a lot more cleavage than this," Affleck says in the interview. "What's the story? Why are you covering it up today?"

"These breasts are really firm... suspiciously firm, they are like two giant stones," he says. "It's a sports bra," Losique replies.

Affleck—who was engaged to Jennifer Lopez at the time—then asks Losique if she "has a boyfriend back in Montreal" and later jokes that "all [she wants] to do is have sex all the time." Later in the interview, he puts on a fake French accent and jokes about appearing disabled.

"Don't make me look like I am retarded," he says. "I look like I have cerebral palsy!"

The 2004 interview, which reportedly appeared on Canada's Box-Office, resurfaced after Affleck said he was "angry" at Weinstein for using "his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass, and manipulate many women over decades" in a Facebook post. When one Twitter user brought up the TRLincident with Burton, the actress, who was just 21 at the time, replied she "had to laugh back then so [she] wouldn't cry." One of Weinstein's accusers, Rose McGowan, also tweeted that Affleck was a liar and had known about Weinstein's ongoing sexual abuse for years.

Losique has joked about sitting on Affleck's lap in the past and told the Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday that the clip "has been blown out of proportion."

"I know that people like fishing for anything, but this is completely out of context," she said. "It was for a show I was producing, so I was not at all a victim. When the cameras rolled, we would start to do that game. As soon as it stopped rolling, there was none of that. He never touched me in any improper way. He was very respectful, I must say."

Still, it's hard not to watch the footage and not feel pretty gross about the whole thing.

No Caption Provided

Side Note: I hope all of the people(mostly black people) that whinned and complained Bill Cosby was unfairly treated with his rape scandal now can shut the hell up. It doesn't matter if you are black, white, or whatever. We(society) don't like rapists....

So will this scandal hurt Justice League? I doubt the media won't ask him tough questions about this scandal when the film comes out as they did with Nate Parker with Brith of a Nation & his scandal.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Don't care.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but he's most probably out as batman after this.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Its almost as if the universe doesn't want him to be Batman.

Though this scandal really shows the true face of "liberal" Hollywood and SJWs.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

if anything it will help

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@zr0c00l: I hope not. I like his Bruce/Batman.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can make a list of things that will hurt the Justice League movie, but this aint one of them.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: I hope not. I like his Bruce/Batman.

Me too. I just think hell decide to take some time out of the public eye for awhile after this. Hes very concerned with his public image, like the time he got that show "finding your roots" to pull the segment about his slave owner ancestor and instead focused heavily on another of his ancestors that fought for the north in the civil war. I say hell take a few years off then come back with some small art house film as a director and do some public activism in between to try to clean his image up.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zr0c00l said:

No but he's most probably out as batman after this.

Hope not.

Kingnemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it will. By how much remains to be seen

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gotoucanario

Eh, if this is really all that will surface I think it's really tame not ill-inteded stuff, barely a boob graze at worst and on camera IE it wasn't him blackmailing or something f'ed up like that.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

I don't even Care What he done in outside of the movie.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I think it will sting a bit yeah. It won't last though. Everyone loves Mike Tyson again.

Eh, if this is really all that will surface I think it's really tame not ill-inteded stuff, barely a boob graze at worst and on camera IE it wasn't him blackmailing or something f'ed up like that.

It's literal sexual assault...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him gone, period.

All he's done so far is

Walk away from directing the Batman film.

Had his screenplay for said film get tossed aside.

Star in a crtically panned and financially underperforming film.

On a personal level

His last directorial work bombed spectacularly.

He's having trouble with his divorce/kids/affairs/gambling/drinking

His brother is accussed of sexual harrasment.

Now this.

This man is a serious liability to the franchise. Everything he had going for him back in 2013 has fizzled out. Fanboys will still get their precious fight scenes and grey suit with fake abs anyway. His acting was serviceable and the writing for his character was terrible. I'm surprised at fans dreading his departure, screw this guy.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rahiem9123

I doubt it remind you Christian bale assault both his mother & sister caught flak for it but still continued his role as batman.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gives him a good out now i think he's been done with Bats for a awhile

And what he did is being blown out of proportion he never abused her because he had power and could elevate her career like Harvey he was just an arrogant young dick plus look at Harvey and look at Ben Affleck he doesn't need to force himself on women to get laid

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

No, it wont.

And no, he shouldn't have remained quiet, that's evident now when the Knights of the Internet are asking why everyone who's had any kind of relationship with Weinstein have not distanced themselves from him by now. The Clintons have caught flack, as have the Obama's... Matt Damon is still in the hot-tub because he didn't mention Weinstein by name in his condemnation. Where it gets odd however is Ben's apology to someone he himself groped on the red carpet not that long ago.

All that said, I don't think it will impact the movie, people will still want to see Justice League, and Ben is not so embroiled in controversy people are calling for his head. And even if everything somehow explodes, like it did with Mel Gipson, it will only be a matter of years before he slowly comes back.

I can make a list of things that will hurt the Justice League movie, but this aint one of them.

Would one of them be you sitting in the theater on opening night and loudly shout at the movie while it's playing? :)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahiem9123: He didn't assualt them and they were extorting him. The case was quashed, this scandal with Affleck is going to get worse. More women will come out that is a guarantee.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread Smdh politics on CV. First ESPN now here

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no lmao

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it will sting a bit yeah. It won't last though. Everyone loves Mike Tyson again.

@gotoucanario said:

It's literal sexual assault...

That doesn't mean every offense is equal.

Kingnemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a sexual harasser

That1dcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't Know don't care a woman needs a good boob squeeze every now and then.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't Know don't care a woman needs a good boob squeeze every now and then.

What is wrong with you

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: The YEARS ago doesn’t matter in terms of news. Trump stuff was years ago, So was Weinstein, So was Cosby...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: I gotcha on most of your statement except the end part. Being rich and handsome doesn’t mean u don’t act rapey towards females: Darren Sharper is a perfect example of this...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahiem9123: That’s a good point about Bale. But, the boob grab is on video. Also I think it was shown his mother and sister may have been trying to extort him for money. Also the political climate was a lot different and the SWJ and White Knight mobs weren’t this powerful...

ManCalledNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My cosmic senses say that it won't affect the movie

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: People still act strongly to things even if the event was years ago, So no I don’t understand your point. You would have to further explain it.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

@lukehero: I mean Affleck has been known to be a arrogant dick in the past but never a rapey creep like HW at least I've never gotten that impression Darren Sharper I've always gotten a creepy vide from him

But if more allegations come out I'll be the first one to say I was wrong but do i think what he did to Burton cost him Batman if he still wants to do it no now if he did something like that today yeah but this was over 10 years ago

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right-wing homophobes turn out to be closeted gays and big-time SJW's turn out to be abusers of women lol.

Is there ANYONE clean in Hollywood? It seems dirtier, scummier and more corrupt than Gotham, lol.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By adamTRMM
No Caption Provided

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh Batman, behave

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By helloman

Yes, it might affect the JL movie.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Easternwind

Oh wow he touched a boob

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Oh wow he touched a boob

In other news, someone else grabbed Terry Crews' nuts.

theredhood44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on man...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Ben Affleck used to put his balls on peoples necks as a prank

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

At this point, probably not.

But if his story continues to unravel and they discover additional extremely serious $#!7, then WB might decide the bad publicity isn't worth it.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fake news so I don't care lol

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: If you fell asleep while working on a Queiten Tarinto Movie he would put a dildo on your mouth and take funny pictures of you.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@lukehero Won't hurt him or JL at all tbh. He apologized to Burton, there really isn't any evidence of the Golden Globe incident, and as creepy as the Montreal interview looked, the host herself said it was completely out of context. Plus, America has trouble concentrating on too many scandals at once and right now, it's either gun control, NFL kneeling, or Weinstein. Miscellaneous Trump news covers everything else. There isn't much room left for Affleck.