Ben Affleck is Batman

uberathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm more interested in how Bats will be portrayed. Please please portray him as the ultimate detective.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By ravisher

who gonna be alfred?

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

this is surprising and interesting and very unexpected. i like him in hollywood land & the town. i wont pass judgement until the movie comes out.

Mapacherise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@judasnixon: THIS!

I am a huge Batman fan but i'm not going on saying this is a horrible decision because there is one thing people haven't considered yet. WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANY FOOTAGE YET!

How can you say its a horrible decision when we have seen nothing yet for a movie that is set to release 2 yrs from now.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if he does a better batman voice than bale did....Affleck is already better...lol

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By _Nexus_

This is....um....interesting. I like Argo I thought it was a good movie but I never thought Affleck as Batman. My thoughts on Batman actor's is that you may find a good actor to play Bruce Wayne but he wouldn't be a good Batman and vice versa.

Lets see him in the Bat suit first hell lets see the suit first. Let the other pieces come into play like the villain(s) and some of the plot. As long as they don't make it seem like Batman is too old I would be happy with a year or two on Supes as a hero.

Also if the movie is named anything other World's Finest then all previous news become null

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

At first I was a little shocked but...imagining him in the cowl I don't think it would be so bad. His voice is pretty far off, but he's an actor so he can work on that. Daredevil was really bad though, but I'm willing to not pin the entirety of its badness on him. Time will tell, this could be good, it could be bad.

Vision2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In November 2006 Affleck stated that he would never reprise the role, having felt "by playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero... Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

Elm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Alecs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

At least that means one person on the set of Batman/Superman knows how to write and direct a good film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping comicvine would have something out on this already, and the gifs were definitely worth checking this out at midnight.

Two funny things about this decision (at least that I find). 1) Casting for Batman is always going to well-known actors, which I find ironic because its always been the concept for casting Superman to go with a more minor Hollywood presence. 2) I'd actually argue that Affleck and Clarke were the two best aspects of Daredevil.

The guy has been a better actor lately (though his part in Dazed and Confused I think is highly under appreciated) and he's rid himself of the more comedic/jack-ass aspects that defined his initial roles. So I do think he could pull off Bruce Wayne quite nicely.

What I'll be interested in seeing is how they showcase the physical aspects of Batman. Affleck, even in Daredevil, has never had the build I'd say a superhero movie needs, especially for a master ninja/martial artist character like Batman. Its fine that Downey didn't get ripped for Iron Man, that's not the type of character he was playing. So just by looking at Affleck I'm not expecting anything more in the way of martial arts and stealth than what we saw in Nolan's trilogy (though hopefully the fight choreography will be much better). However, this could easily be mitigated and we finally get a Batman equal parts kick ass to detective/planning, if they simply never show Affleck with his shirt off. There really isn't a reason too if they aren't going with an origin story or showing him training at all. Like I said, Affleck can do great justice to the role of Bruce Wayne, and I'd say he could do just fine presenting lines as Batman. But as the stunt work is going to be done by someone else (a point that makes Batman such a great character for this) Snyder wouldn't have to water down Batman's fighting prowess or ninja skills at all so long as he's not relying on an Affleck shirt-less scene to convey how fit Batman is.....cause I just don't see Affleck pulling off the type of physique to go along with the acrobatics the film could have.

Hopefully that makes sense to someone else at this hour.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

It makes sense, if they are going to take on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they need some big names and Affleck is a pretty big name with the two academy awards, for production and writing. If done right he can be DC's Downey. I can see how it could go wrong though.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kraya: that's not what I said... I despise RDJ as IM... But if he can play IM then sure as heck fans can give Affleck a chance to prove himself as Batman.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

My butt actually began to hurt at the first sign of this news...kudos to everyone who gets the reference here...

AdamFranco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By AdamFranco

Since everyone is upset about it, I know they're probably going to tone down the suit to look more like Batman in the comics. giving him white eyes, pointy ears, and a super buff Ben. I don't think he's going to disappoint the fans. DareDevil was a random thing that no one asked for, so he gets a pass, but everyone knows enough about Batman and their fans to not mess it up.

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who are they going to cast next? Lindsay Lohan as Wonder Woman? uhhhhhh...

Avatar image for samsonthemighty19
samsonthemighty19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Affleck isnt a bad choice but honestly I would've liked to have, seen Karl Urban the man who played Judge Dredd in the Dredd movie play the dark knight, but thats just my opinion.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I said before, just because Ben Affleck became a decent actor and put on a pretty good performance in Argo and The Town DOESN'T mean he should play Batman.

Using all of yalls logic, we might as well cast a good actor like Daniel Day Lewis to play Aquaman or get Tom Hanks to play Hal Jordan.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Loading Video...

MythicH3RO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By MythicH3RO

Im cool with it lol I think he can pull it off for show

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why are people dissing about Ben Affleck ? He's a good director and actor ! I meant have you seen "The Town" and "Argo" ?!? Both were fantastic films ! Not to mention he has a good Bruce Wayne look

nrgb2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By nrgb2814
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's so funny reading all these self proclaimed critics talking about how bad Ben is, despite the fact the only film of his they've probably seen is Daredevil and only joined on the band wagon hate train because everyone else has.

I can predict that me and a couple others will look forward to Ben as Batman, and as soon the film comes into cinema and everyone realizes he's done a great job, they'll just jump right on the band wagon.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@biteme_fanboy: My logic is lets wait and see if he f**ks up before freaking out, nothing we say or do is going to change this so we may as well just relax and wait to see how it goes instead of screaming in impotent rage about it.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By IDontLikeBirds

I like that people are using examples like Heath Ledger, Robert Downey Jr. and Hugh Jackman to make points about their respective roles in comic adaptations and comparing it with Ben Affleck. There is a difference in that all three of those previous actors have had steady and consistent performances that maintained a certain level. To be fair with Jackman, I don't think we've gotten the Wolverine we really need yet or that he's channeled the character fully, but he's not bad, but not great for the role either. Ledger had been consistent and if you saw the dark places he could go, you'd see (watch Candy). Same with Downey. It's not a stretch for him to play intelligent and smart assed, he does it quite often, so Tony Stark wasn't that far off. Affleck has gotten better, but I just don't think he's shown enough CONSISTENTLY to warrant being Batman. Bale had.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#229  Edited By jumpstart55
No Caption Provided

I dont even know how i feel about this.

slapz88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By slapz88

I don't know.... i feel like it's going to be hard to not see Ben Affleck... I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes. I have faith in Snyder so I'm still optimistic

LazyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOMEBODY SEND WARNER BROS A DAREDEVIL DVD ASAP!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I totally want to see Ben Aflect with the cowl on. I can't even imagine it correctly.

I think he is honestly the best choice after Ryan Gosling from Drive. However, Ryan is too young to be Bruce but I truly think Ben is a great choice. His fame/name is the only thing that makes him a bad choice.

( + )

LazyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By LazyAvenger

@yung_ancient_one: He wore a cowl in Daredevil. I think Affleck is the most awful actor in the world and now he's been cast as my two favorite heroes, first Daredevil, now Batman.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aeroman said:

I'm not sure if that's a good idea or a bad idea

Dober_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Dober_Man

This is certainly surprising! In a good way actually, Ben Afflect is such an underrated actor!

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might turn out to be good, who knows. Ledger was pretty awesome as JOker. Not really sure why they picked him since Daredevil was so bad but maybe they saw something in him that will work with the script.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

I can see this, and he has the potential to be a very good batman. Believe me they could have chosen much worse.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... IF this would mean he is Batman for at least three movies and open to direct the solo Batman films that follow the team up himself... I would be okay with it.

As an actor alone he is an underwhelming choice, who has the potential to surprise us, but if you add to that that we maybe get the director of Argo and the Town to do a Batman movie, we are in for a treat!

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Strange choice, but not a bad one. I can absolutely see Affleck being able to pull this off. Let's actually give him a chance this time and not blame him just for being Ben Affleck like we did with Daredevil.

It is kind of annoying how crazy the internet is going with this news though. We're doing all WB's press for them.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#241  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

If any body needs me, I'll be at that me local bar getting hammered tonight.

No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least that means one person on the set of Batman/Superman knows how to write and direct a good film.

Agreed. At least with his involvement the movie will be better.

And there's one more reason to be happy about it, the Batman reboot will be directed by Affleck xD

Still not sure about him as Batman but he's a great actor and can definitely pull it off.

And I still can't believe that its true.

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What the wha...........

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so funny reading all these self proclaimed critics talking about how bad Ben is, despite the fact the only film of his they've probably seen is Daredevil and only joined on the band wagon hate train because everyone else has.

I can predict that me and a couple others will look forward to Ben as Batman, and as soon the film comes into cinema and everyone realizes he's done a great job, they'll just jump right on the band wagon.

Agreed.

And thank you for using words instead of Gifs....Christ those are lame!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By novi_homines

So they hired Ben Affleck to play Daredevil again?

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has the jawline of bats. I can see him as a bruce wayne for sure but not so sure about bats bud idk yet. He is a good actor. I just hope he gets ripped at least but he is serious so im sure that won't be a problem

soloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His pal Kevin will be happy atleast :S