Be honest. What could Thanos do against...

• 64 results
Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Be honest. What could Thanos do against... (44 votes)

Yeah he loses obviously. 30%
He still beats them hur durr. 70%
Russos suck at doing high tiers and the only way they could make the weak brick Thanos seem like an actual threat after somehow butchering him even when he had the stones was to heavily nerf everyone he fought against and make them dumb (buffing them in convenient situations like Thanos struggling to stab a pinned down Thor that he can later 1 shot TWICE)
Russos suck at doing high tiers and the only way they could make the weak brick Thanos seem like an actual threat after somehow butchering him even when he had the stones was to heavily nerf everyone he fought against and make them dumb (buffing them in convenient situations like Thanos struggling to stab a pinned down Thor that he can later 1 shot TWICE)
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor and Iron Man were not fighting 100% and just straight up didn't use their most powerful abilities and advantageous tactics.

• Thor didn't use a lightning cloak to help keep Thanos at bay nor did he use it to amp his hits or prevent Thanos from snatching his weapons, moments when they would grapple would piss me off, stop playing tug of war and electrocute him
  • Thor would not summon sky lightning at all, even in life or death situations like the retarded moment when Thanos had him pinned against a rock somehow struggling to stab into Thor who should logically not even be able to resist "Thanos strongest muscles in the universe".
  • Thor's most powerful combo charged lightning sucked and was no where near the size or power as his previous showings
  • Iron Man is at his best at long range and is supposed to be a genius aided by an A.I yet he stupidly charges at Thanos in melee with a blade he knows good damn well can't even pierce Thanos
  • Not once does he attempt to bombard Thanos with missiles and repulors which were shown to stun and disoriente Thanos before

Iron Man carpet bombing Thanos then Thor pinning him to the ground with a sky lightning blast so Cap can feel relevant by shield bashing him or something before Stormbreaker goes into his chest would be how the battle logically would go. Thousand other scenerios in which they stomp. Thor forgot he could summon the Deus Ex Machina Bifrost?! Use it to send Thanos to the sun, if he "jumps" out he just ends up drifting in space or a slave on Sakaar.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But none of that would make for a good movie.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@settled said:

And that's Marvel's fault for mishandling Thanos. It's disrespectful that he has been turned into just a brick and even worse that he can't be portrayed competently at all. 616 Thanos has so many powers yet for some reason Russos couldn't be bothered to translate it.

Still I made this because people really out here thinking the Trinity lost fairly and were at the top of their game.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like a lot of these things are nit picks. The point about lightning is the only fair point but Thor doesn't really fight like that. The only time he ever spammed lightning from a distance was when cap told him to against the chirarui in avengers.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really I'm sure if the russos had Thor fight the way you described they would have had thanos just power through thors lightning. It doesn't really matter what Thor did or didn't do in the movie.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marvelx13

@jashro44 said:

I feel like a lot of these things are nit picks. The point about lightning is the only fair point but Thor doesn't really fight like that. The only time he ever spammed lightning from a distance was when cap told him to against the chirarui in avengers.

How so? Tony should've learned from his first encounter with Thanos that he can't compete close range, and he has Friday to analyze Thanos' fight pattern and weaknesses. It makes zero sense why he would attempt melee or why all of the attacks I showed off were not used at all.

Thor ever since Ragnarok has had his lightning cloak surround him so IDK what you are talking about. My point on sky lightning is common sense... He was pinned by Hela, he escaped by summoning lightning. Same when Hulk was beating on him only he could use his fist. Against Thanos he simply just sat there and let him stab into his chest when he would've called down a bolt.

Your point on spamming lightning would be fair but this is Thanos they are up against and no reason why that lightning he shot into Iron Man so he could spam repulsors couldn't have been spammed on a far more effective scale against Thanos. He's spammed lightning at Ultron so why not Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: I think the way he was portrayed was fine, obviously he wasn't 100% accurate to the comics, but no character ever is.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marvelx13

@jashro44 said:

Really I'm sure if the russos had Thor fight the way you described they would have had thanos just power through thors lightning. It doesn't really matter what Thor did or didn't do in the movie.

He can't spin his sword to power through electricity, it will conduct through the sword and electrocute him either way. Review his fight with Cap, lightning made him vulnerable twice, at one point Thanos was trembling on the ground. Thanos can't power through a lightning bolt followed by Stormbreaker.

@settled said:

@marvelx13: I think the way he was portrayed was fine, obviously he wasn't 100% accurate to the comics, but no character ever is.

Difference is 9.5/10 characters keep their core powers and abilities even if it does get watered down. Thanos is horrible. It would be like if MCU made Spider-Man without spider-sense and web swinging and all the other stuff, oh wait they kinda did at one point. Even weak Hulk has all his powers, healing factor, slow and unhelpful against the snap, but at least it's there, he can still jump high and stuff

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jashro44

@marvelx13: Because your overthinking it. I honestly doubt iron man would win just by keeping distance. The whole point of the drop of blood line was that everyone's effort on titan were futile. He hit thanos with everything he had and it wasn't enough to do more than drop a bit of blood.

Ragnarok was one movie....And the lightning cloak itself never had impressive feats other than vaporizing helas minions. I guess you could say he also hurt hulk with his lightning but thanos took thors lightning and was fine. If he called lightning from the sky thanos probably would have just took it like all the other lightning bolts. The russos don't analyze fights by feats. They would have made thanos as strong as he needed to be.

I assumed Thor and iron man were combining there efforts. And that thors lightning channeled through iron mans armour would be stronger than a regular lightning bolt. We know iron man gets amped with lightning and this armour seemed built to absorb energy.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@settled said:

disagree. Russo's are just realyy bad at consistent pwr levels
you can have a good movie with high tiers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: But you don't need high tiers to have a good movie.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@marvelx13: Because your overthinking it. I honestly doubt iron man would win just by keeping distance. The whole point of the drop of blood line was that everyone's effort on titan were futile. He hit thanos with everything he had and it wasn't enough to do more than drop a bit of blood.

Ragnarok was one movie....And the lightning cloak itself never had impressive feats other than vaporizing helas minions. I guess you could say he also hurt hulk with his lightning but thanos took thors lightning and was fine. If he called lightning from the sky thanos probably would have just took it like all the other lightning bolts. The russos don't analyze fights by feats. They would have made thanos as strong as he needed to be.

I assumed Thor and iron man were combining there efforts. And that thors lightning channeled through iron mans armour would be stronger than a regular lightning bolt. We know iron man gets amped with lightning and this armour seemed built to absorb energy.

All evidence suggests otherwise. Russos dig themselves into a hole by saying only godly weapons wielded by powerful beings can harm Thanos yet: Nebula somehow by his own words almost killed him, non godly weapons manage to bruise his skin and draw blood even if it's a tiny bit, he obviously tires from fighting without stones to power him. Iron Man hounding him is doing damage.

The lightning cloak is literally still his power and he's shown what he can do at his peak. It's an extension of him. The lightning cloak was destroying the outrider ship as he flew through it in Infinity War. If Thanos were to be hit by lightning he would be moved by it and temporarily stunned as Cap has shown, this would've saved Thor in his life or death situation.

No he was simply just giving Iron Man a boost. His lightning by itself gets way more powerful than his repulsors. This raises the question of why they didn't do to Thanos what they did to Ultron.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: When was it said nebula nearly killed thanos and what was the context?

With the second paragraph my point was that thanos would have been as strong as he needed to be to beat Thor. It was clear in infinity war that Thor needed stormbreaker.

Because that armour didn't exist during age of ultron. Tony made it 5 years after infinity war which takes place a few years after age of ultron.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@settled said:

@phisigmatau: But you don't need high tiers to have a good movie.

yea well the character are high tier so they had to make it work logically, and they faileed.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

The Russo’s would just write Thanos to tank the lightning easily lol, Thanos Stomps any form of Thor

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Kidd

I do think the MCU Trinity would fared of better if they had fought decently instead of trying to jump Thanos but their was some excuses to why Thor and Tony underperformed. Thur was outer shape and going through an existential crisis whiles Tony had retired and out of practice. Also the movie acknowledged Thanos can't deal with versatility, Wanda was crushing him and they kept Strange far away from Thanos.

Honestly Strange held idiot ball instead of going after fodder he should of tried to remove Thanos though I'm sure Russos would say "something something 14,000,000 futures".

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

I do think the MCU Trinity would fared of better if they had fought decently instead of trying to jump Thanos but their was some excuses to why Thor and Tony underperformed. Thur was outer shape and going through an existential crisis whiles Tony had retired and out of practice. Also the movie acknowledged Thanos can't deal with versatility, Wanda was crushing him and they kept Strange far away from Thanos.

Honestly Strange held idiot ball instead of going after fodder he should of tried to remove Thanos though I'm sure Russos would say "something something 14,000,000 futures".

Strange could’ve just trapped Thanos in the mirror dimension.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He punches them really hard like he did before. He only lost when he had the stones the first time because Thor caught him by surprise.

thor321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Russo's are just bad at depicting fights between high tiers.

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can use this exact same argument to say that Thanos wasn't fighting his 100%. There are far more things he could have done with the Stones if he wanted to. Also imagine if Thanos actually went for killing blows instead of his constant non-leathal blows he kept doing. We know he's capable of it because we see it with Loki and when he stabs Iron-Man to get the Time-Stone.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

How so? Tony should've learned from his first encounter with Thanos that he can't compete close range, and he has Friday to analyze Thanos' fight pattern and weaknesses. It makes zero sense why he would attempt melee or why all of the attacks I showed off were not used at all.

Thor ever since Ragnarok has had his lightning cloak surround him so IDK what you are talking about. My point on sky lightning is common sense... He was pinned by Hela, he escaped by summoning lightning. Same when Hulk was beating on him only he could use his fist. Against Thanos he simply just sat there and let him stab into his chest when he would've called down a bolt.

Your point on spamming lightning would be fair but this is Thanos they are up against and no reason why that lightning he shot into Iron Man so he could spam repulsors couldn't have been spammed on a far more effective scale against Thanos. He's spammed lightning at Ultron so why not Thanos.

Maybe Thor was just tired man, calling down lightning takes effort by him when he did it to Hela she was monologuing and he was not actively trying to keep an axe out of his chest.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daisy_johnson:

Stop your making too much sense lol.

Only Wanda and Strange are a 50/50 threat to him without the stones anyother hero or villain is advantage to Thanos.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@settled said:

disagree. Russo's are just realyy bad at consistent pwr levels

you can have a good movie with high tiers

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Lan_Fan

@daisy_johnson said:

You can use this exact same argument to say that Thanos wasn't fighting his 100%. There are far more things he could have done with the Stones if he wanted to. Also imagine if Thanos actually went for killing blows instead of his constant non-leathal blows he kept doing. We know he's capable of it because we see it with Loki and when he stabs Iron-Man to get the Time-Stone.

Thanos holds back nearly every time, hence why he didn't even kill Cap with his attacks. It's pretty obvious.

Thor on the other hand has no reason not to use the powers as described in the OP.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ohhhh, I love me some salty ass fan nitpicking.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao all that butthurt. Thanos was more powerful deal with it. Thanos holds back a lot of the time. If he were to be portrayed as powerful as he is in the comic the movie would end after a minute.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That shot of Iron Man and Rescue never gets old.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

You make these threads because it turns you on to get humiliated online or are you just an edgy little edgelord?

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos kills that trinity too.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no one has made an argument against Thor stunning Thanos with his lightning like Cap did and one shotting him with Stormbreaker when he's on the ground. Cap tagged him multiple times with an inferior weapon to stomrbreaker. Had Mjolnir been a blade he would've killed thanos.

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By eri123

Even if they used their most powerful attacks the movie would have had Thanos tank them all.

And people need to stop being so salty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony can master time travel but can make a suit strong enough to match him lol.

Anyways OP heros make a bad story look at JL Superman made the JL pointless

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies: its impossible to be honestly objective when the movies has depicted clear power level inconsistencies
threads like this are laughable because they try to force the responders to be objective about a series of movies that aren't consistent.
MCU is basically calvin ball and Endgame ran away with it

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FinalKingThanos

@killermovies:

Because the movie showed in both IW and EG Thanos will just get back up.

He is written to be unbeatable hence why it takes Stark snapping to finish him and his army off of the heroes do more OP moves they would just film Thanos tanking OP moves it’s that simple.

Cap landed hits with his shield and Mjolnir exactly because of the weapons they are and he’s been depicted as the MCUs top fighter on many occasions.

Stormbreaker is larger and slower so he wouldn’t be able to fight as effectively, plus his combo at the end of the day only slowed him down for seconds.

Cap throwing Mjolnir at thanos from behind in a sneak attack was literally the first hit to land on him in this fight by 3 of the best Avengers and people still keep arguing that Thor with a 6 pack could beat him because he has a haircut and shot some lightning at alien fodder lol.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BullPR

I agree with the analysis made by several viners that Thanos was written to be powerful enough to beat any opposition. Increase the power level of his opponents and that would only increase Thanos own power set.

Changing the range won't change the outcome wanted by the movie directors.

AlexTheBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos was written to be stronger than them. This isn't real life, so inconsistencies will happen. Just because the fight didn't go down how you think it should have doesn't change the result. Yes, maybe they could have fought a bit smarter, but in the end it wouldn't have changed anything. At best Thanos would just have had a bit more trouble, as in millions of futures he only lost once, and it was due to the snap. That's enough proof that they had no tactics they could have employed to outright beat him there.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Namebk

He would have trouble with Prime Thor using all of his abilities correctly especially if he has Mjolnir too.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Notice the massive difference in Mjolnir speed.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies:

Because the movie showed in both IW and EG Thanos will just get back up.

He is written to be unbeatable hence why it takes Stark snapping to finish him and his army off of the heroes do more OP moves they would just film Thanos tanking OP moves it’s that simple.

Cap landed hits with his shield and Mjolnir exactly because of the weapons they are and he’s been depicted as the MCUs top fighter on many occasions.

Stormbreaker is larger and slower so he wouldn’t be able to fight as effectively, plus his combo at the end of the day only slowed him down for seconds.

Cap throwing Mjolnir at thanos from behind in a sneak attack was literally the first hit to land on him in this fight by 3 of the best Avengers and people still keep arguing that Thor with a 6 pack could beat him because he has a haircut and shot some lightning at alien fodder lol.

Thanos could get back up but his fight against cap showed that Thor has enough time to throw Stormbreaker at Thanos after blasting him with lightning. Or better yet what's stopping Thor from literally just staying in the air out of reach of Thanos and hitting him with stomrbreaker that way? Or also why wouldn't he suck Thanos up in a cyclone and hit him from behind like he did to the destroyer in the first Thor film? The Russos ignored all of Thor's many abilities and made him fight thanos h2h like an idiot.

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FinalKingThanos

@bullpr:

This might not be everyone’s cup of tea but you are 100% correct it’s by design why Thanos is the “endgame” of the avengers series so far.

He has a counter for every single hero be it his own smarts, power and skill, his generals, his armies or the being the only one who can properly wield the gauntlet.

I cant think of another comic book movie villain that has fought as many heroes as he has and won most of the battles maybe Magneto or someone like that would be closest.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Let's not forget that they robbed Hulk of his chance to shine.

Hulk was supposed to have a rematch with Thanos after the humiliating defeat in IW. But we don't see Gladiator Hulk going after him, powered by the unstoppable rage. And we don't see Professor Hulk getting the upper hand by using his intellect.

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies:

Cap only managed to do that after Thanos already stomped all 3 without taking a single hit then all of a sudden the most skilled fighter on the field had the power of Thor it’s massively different scenario.

And again after he was downed by lightning he was choke slamming Cap a second later your acting like he was lying down there for the taking.

I totally agree!! I like you would love more OP shit

but he has only ever used one cyclone in one film about a decade ago it’s not his standard power and the simple fact is if he could they would probably just have Thanos walk out of it because they aren’t going to change the outcome of there story. Thor’s arc partly involved making a weapon needed to actually stand a chance against Thanos that’s the the real info we are given.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Killermovies

@finalkingthanos said:

@killermovies:

Cap only managed to do that after Thanos already stomped all 3 without taking a single hit then all of a sudden the most skilled fighter on the field had the power of Thor it’s massively different scenario.

And again after he was downed by lightning he was choke slamming Cap a second later your acting like he was lying down there for the taking.

I totally agree!! I like you would love more OP shit

but he has only ever used one cyclone in one film about a decade ago it’s not his standard power and the simple fact is if he could they would probably just have Thanos walk out of it because they aren’t going to change the outcome of there story. Thor’s arc partly involved making a weapon needed to actually stand a chance against Thanos that’s the the real info we are given.

Fair enough. I guess we both agree that no matter what power Thor used the Russo's would have made Thanos beat it because of story. I still think realistically Thor could beat Thanos with his feats and many powers though.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure how many other comic book fans are aware that after Ragnarok Thor is making the transition for King Thor, a character that is too powerful for a team like the Avengers.

What no one was really sure was when Mcu Thor arc was going to be closed, so when Feige decided to not close it in Endgame the Russo bothers had a problem, they tried the fat/out of shape PTSD Thor, but didn't work that well, at least to me.

The moment when Rocket gave Thor a robotic eye and Valkyrie was put in Asgard's command, in reality were plot devices to delay King Thor, that even if i am indeed disappointed with Mcu Thor portrayal, King Thor will be Inevitable... But for that to happen the antagonist/villains have to be someone beyond Thanos... Celestials?

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He simply couldn't use the gauntlet correctly

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legit why do you people think that would defeat him ?

FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies:

Yep that’s my point for this thread and movie plot especially.

In a battle thread I would be more reasonable and base on feats so I don’t blame you on that even if I disagree.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Thor is getting pimped by Hela and the first thing he does when he gets his powers back is call lightning, what the hell happened with Thanos? And when he is getting rocked by Thanos, how does he have stats enough to hold him back and force him to a knee with brute strength?

But then again, Peak Thanos is confirmed to be EG Thanos, if you take the Russos at their word.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos would walk through it. And yes, Endgame was written badly and was an overall bad movie.

Also Cap got the advantage because mid fight a weak and useless ant got 10000000 time stronger and got a weapon that could actually hurt Thanos, AND changed up his fighting style completely.

That generally will land you a few hits no matter the enemy.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123 said:

Even if they used their most powerful attacks the movie would have had Thanos tank them all.

And people need to stop being so salty.

Still this. Engame is still an amazing movie. Thanos was still written as a complete beast. Stop being salty.

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers