• 129 results
FeverSteed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FeverSteed

Hey guys. Got into a discussion last night and thought I would open it up to you all.

If given some prep time, could Batman take out all the members of the Avengers? We put a stipulation that it was contained to the movie universe but I don't think we need to do that here. I had Bats losing to Thor, Hulk and Samuel L Jackson.You can hear the argument here

This may open a horrible can of worms but who cares, its Avengers Day

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By TheOptimist

Well, the qualifier 'enough' actually basically signified the answer already... to expand the meaning, as I currently read it, "If given enough prep time to take out all the members of the Avengers, could Batman take out all the members of the Avengers?" A self answering question. But re-wording to: "If given substantial prep time, could Batman take out all the members of the Avengers?" I'd still say yes. He's Batman.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By clemj

well... knowing that batman has prepared plans to take all the JLA members if given enough time to prepare them... I guess he might do it

FeverSteed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FeverSteed

@TheOptimist: Perhaps I was unclear but you got the gist. I just could not see a way for him to take out Thor or Hulk. But I am no Batman.

KBoyle21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KBoyle21

The Hulk is just an unstoppable moron, so there's no hope there. Batman vs Iron Man would be the most entertaining I'd imagine.

GuruOfFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GuruOfFunk

Despite the prep I see him having trouble with Hulk and Thor. He'd probably find a way to take them out of the fight or transport them somewhere else though. Actually, he'd probably find a way to turn Hulk into Banner and take him out that way. Thor would be his problem.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Shouldn't this go in the battle forum?

Anyway, he would beat Samual Jackson, but even with prep. he would lose to Hulk or Thor. Iron Man would give him a lot of problems, but with a lot of prep. he might be able to over-come him.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By BurningDoom1

Batman is awesome, like the best of the best in comics. But The Avengers are an entire team made up of the best of the best in the Marvel Universe, and between Captain America and Iron Man, they're no slouches in the planning and strategy department, either. I don't think even Batman could take out The Avengers.

However if the question was the entire JLA vs. The Avengers, then I'd without a doubt answer The Justice League of America.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I don't care what anyone says. Cap could take out Bats.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#10  Edited By Deadcool

In a random encounter: An average Avenger could destroy Batman.

With enough prep: Probably any member bellow Iron Man's powerlevels.

Both with prep: Probably the Avengers, Iron Man with prep is a beast, and he has been able to fight WWH and Odin Force Thor, maybe the only members that Batman could defeat are the street level Avengers.

Note: I am open to a discussion.

Murder_2120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Murder_2120

Batman could take Ironman with prep. Easily. He has the same powers as Ironman (Cash/intellect) but is far more cunning. I would love to see Batman build a trillion dollar suit to fight Tony Oo

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By noj

Okay I think he could take them all out. Like others have said Thor and the Hulk would give him the most trouble but its not like they're invincible, and they have been taken out before. Also Keep in mind Im using the movie Avengers as a basis as stated by the op

He would start a stealth strike, and take out Banner before he could turn into the Hulk with a POWERFUL tranquilizer

Then he would move onto Iron Man and take him out with either some sort of localized EMP, a powerful magnet or by infecting his armour with some sort of Virus he prepared.

He would get into a fist fight with Cap, and would win by either playing a bit dirty, or by using his superior fighting skills

Hawkeye and Black Widow would be taken out similarly to Cap

Thor is still the biggest problem but he would have something prepared. Maybe some sort of gas to knock him out.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

How much prep we talkin' here?

FeverSteed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FeverSteed

@The Stegman: We never settled on a time. Maybe a month. Just enough to get the basics

FeverSteed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FeverSteed

@GuruOfFunk: I had THor giving Bat's a hammer enema as well

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Kallarkz

@Murder_2120 said:

Batman could take Ironman with prep. Easily. He has the same powers as Ironman (Cash/intellect) but is far more cunning. I would love to see Batman build a trillion dollar suit to fight Tony Oo

No.Batman has shown great detective skills but his movie version is nowhere in the same galaxy as far as intellect goes with Iron Man. Not even close.

Someone would create a thread like this.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Movie Versions, in terms of strength;  

Superman (Donner) > Superman (Singer) > Hulk (2003) > Avengers Hulk > Thor > Iron Man > Incredible Hulk > Spider-Man > Captain America > Batman > Hawkeye = Black Widow 

In comics, Batman couldn't beat Thor. Well, pre-Midgar Serpent Tooth BS, he couldn't. The rest he could take with sufficient prep time (a month of so).  

Otherwise, Insider Armour = Win. 

team_wade101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By team_wade101

Hulk smashed a god, so he can smash a man dressed as a bat.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Onemoreposter

@team_wade101 said:

Batman's been known to smash a god or two

the devil too

Batman wins. Batman always wins.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

I could see him messing Iron Man up... With prep, of course.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CBninja

Batman with sufficient prep time could take down the Avengers. I mean Doc Ock did it. So Batman can do it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 47

#22  Edited By TheCannon

LMFAO.

xxbebosxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xxbebosxx

Theres a site to compare power levels http://www.superherodb.com/versus/ . However as most of you know, it's not really that reliable and is a bit biased. There are no real set strenght or speed, only a max in the data base. The greatest villan that the avengers and the justice league faces are usually the one with the most intelligence. This brings to Batman Vs. The Avengers; you do not have to look in the data base to figure out that Batman is more intelligence than the rest of the avengers, and in addition, he also has max abilities in combat level and mastery in weaponry aka technology. Batman as you know plans for everything, and the only ones that are able to really "defeat" batman are the ones that rivals his intellect like Braniac, Luthor and Darkseid. He will most likely take the avengers one by one starting with the weakest Hawkeye or take out the avengers "brain" by taking out iron man. It's never going to be a 6 on 1 battle specially if Batman is involved in it; he is far intelligent than that.

With all that said, another interesting matches would be the Justice League originals/unlimitted vs the Avengers I/II. I would take out surpises or the obvious weakness for all of them and just have them go at it with their natural powers. I would match them as follows:

Captain Marvel Vs Thor ---> Similar powerlevel, magic resistance, and the use of lightning. However, thor isn't really as fast which was portrayed in many series or movies.
Vision Vs Man Hunter ----> Interesting match up since both can phase themselves to avoid danger or hits. Vision has the intelligence to make up the rests of the stats.
Batman Vs Iron Man ---> This is probably the most interesting match up; tech vs tech. While batman has the intelllect and combat, Iron man has durability and power.
Superman or Supergirl Vs The Hulk ---> Mismatch for hulk because he is very slow and his power and combat doesn't even compare to Superman or girl.
Wonderwoman Vs Black Panther ---> Although Wonderwoman dominates in Strenght and Durability, Black Panther is a little smarter and has better combat than Wonderwoman.
Hawkgirl Vs Captain America ---> Hawkgirl has flight, speed, power and strenght while Captain America dominates in combat and intelligence
Green Lanterm (John Stewart) Vs Ms Marvel ---> Interesting match up as both uses energy blast or power.
Aquaman Vs Ant Man ---> Both uses telephaty to control their creatures, however aquaman has more variety than just ants and bugs.
Atom Vs. Wasp ---> Both can change their sizes but I think Wasp has more to offer than Atom
Green Arrow Vs Hawkeye ---> Both has similar power stats or arrow choices, however Green Arrow has more wealth than hawkeye to produce better tech arrows
Black Canary Vs Black Widow ---> Similar in combat and while Black Canary has the sonic scream, Black Widow is better at stealth and intellect than Black Canary ever be.

I totally forgot about Flash IV. He will do alright againt the Hulk who is very slow... you cant hit what you cant see.. but honestly Flash is just there to speculate.

PS: Do not compare movies between the Avengers and Batman. In the latest Batman movies, they tried to make it as humanly possible or as believeable as it can be, unlike the Avengers movies.

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wanonalake

@team_wade101 said:

Batman's been known to smash a god or two

the devil too

Batman wins. Batman always wins.

And yet batman would be destroyed by spiderman

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

What? This is ridiculous. How could he take out the Avengers? Assuming he coukd take out the others if they weren't expecting it, no matter how hard he planned he could never take out Thor, the dude is a god. And he has no silly kryptonite weakness for Bats to exploit.

matt42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By matt42

@noj: I dont wanna live on this planet anymore

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Movie Batman doesn't stand a chance.

Avatar image for admiral_ironbeast
Admiral_IronBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Batman doesn't stand a chance. The Avengers are a team of superheroes while Batman is a peak human... No matter how much prep you give Batman he is never gonna be able to kill Thor and Hulk at the same time...

Batman is a street-level fighter who with prep can beat a god--but keep in mind that the Avengers are a team of gods, both literally and figuratively. Sure Bats may come up with a way to beat each Avenger individually (if it was a gauntlet with a billion years of prep before each fight for Batman only (I'd argue Tony and Hank Pym are just as good with prep time as Bats) maybe but even that is a stretch), but he is never going able to beat the whole team at once. Btw move this from general discussion to Battles

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Any Batman doesn't stand a chance. The Avengers are a team of superheroes while Batman is a peak human... No matter how much prep you give Batman he is never gonna be able to kill Thor and Hulk at the same time...

Batman is a street-level fighter who with prep can beat a god--but keep in mind that the Avengers are a team of gods, both literally and figuratively. Sure Bats may come up with a way to beat each Avenger individually (if it was a gauntlet with a billion years of prep before each fight for Batman only (I'd argue Tony and Hank Pym are just as good with prep time as Bats) maybe but even that is a stretch), but he is never going able to beat the whole team at once. Btw move this from general discussion to Battles

Although I agree with that statement, I didn't want to say that because it could start something I didn't want to get involved in.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By PowerHerc

No.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

hell no. no way, no just no stop it, f--- off batfans he cant do s--- to the avengers, spiderman would handle batman alone

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By russellmania77

Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirnicktheepic said:

hell no. no way, no just no stop it, f--- off batfans he cant do s--- to the avengers, spiderman would handle batman alone

Watch the language dude, no need to get all touchy and angry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Movie Version? No. Comic? Possibly.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SC  Moderator

@sirnicktheepic: Swearing is not permitted on Comic Vine, please do not such language in the future. You may use edited versions with hash tag, asterisk symbols and the like mind you.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SC  Moderator

@theocitylegend: Hello, thank you for your efforts, however please remember not to quote posters who including swearing in their text as that too is against the CV rules. Remember you can opt to just at/@ reply them without quoting. Cheers.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@theocitylegend: Hello, thank you for your efforts, however please remember not to quote posters who including swearing in their text as that too is against the CV rules. Remember you can opt to just at/@ reply them without quoting. Cheers.

My bad bro

ZenRazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jwalser3

No.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how he would formulate a plan to take out Thor. Ultimately it all comes down upon the writer though. :)

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy:

It is debatable who wins in a random encounter, but if prep is involved, batman would destroy captain america....

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people think that batman with prep can take out the avengers one by one but not as a group. You should keep in mind that batman is a stealth master and can easily disappear to take them on 1 by 1.

Avatar image for doctor_bong_crosby
doctor_bong_crosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HONESTLY, my comment has no desire to fan any animosity (for real). But, IMO, I find nothing more annoying these days than the legions of die-hard Batman fans who swear that he can defeat anybody "with enough prep time". High time to retire that old tired horse of a phrase, please... . At least come up with a new version of said phrase, I beg thee. The only other one which comes kinda close, but not quite, is "sun-dipping Superman"... . It´s weird that DC fans are so hell-bent on demonstrating the supremacy of their heroes, when you stop to consider that most of them are so overly SUPER(lative) in their regular levels of power to begin with.

I truly don´t see the appeal of a hero (be it Batman or Superman or whomever) whose main "power" is being invincible. To me that´s just plain boring, not fun at all.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Batman wins.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

No.

lol why not? he took out the entire JL (which include three god like beings-Diana superman and aquaman, MM, the greatest flash, GL, and the pathetic plastic man) and the JL is arguably more powerful than the avengers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fil123: He did not. Ra's stole his plans. And in Tower of Babel, Ra's stats something along the lines that he has better resources and more man power to pull off such a feat.

the pathetic plastic man

Weird.... "Plastic Man survived for 3000 years as little more thancrumbs scattered around the Atlantic. If that doesn't give you an idea of the level of power he hides behind that doofy smile of his, then you're brain dead. "

That's what your Batgod thinks of Plasticman.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I truly don´t see the appeal of a hero (be it Batman or Superman or whomever) who´s main "power" is being invincible. To me that´s just plain boring, not fun at all.

I agree with the invincibility theory making a boring hero. Gotta overcome adversity and root for the underdog. Like Magneto is a great villain, but vs Shazam, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern (unless his ring is metal...) and others would be a no contest. gotta give DC writer's credit for making some interesting stories, there are a lot of limitations on their heroes as a result of their absolute power levels. Batman, on the other hand doesn't fit that invincibility mold, in my mind. (although him mastering EVERY form of martial arts is a bit silly... who has time?) Which is why a lot of fans like him. Cause despite those limitations he can hold his own vs those guys. He balances the scales. But because he's in a world with those types of absolute power levels, it kinda makes him a ridiculous over achiever! Blame the universe, not him.

That being said, in response to OP. He'd need a ridiculous amount of prep time to beat Thor. Have to trick him into fighting Hulk or trap him somewhere or trick him back to asgard. Would be a lot easier back in days of him going back to Donald Blake.

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By fil123

@jwalser3 said:

@fil123: He did not. Ra's stole his plans. And in Tower of Babel, Ra's stats something along the lines that he has better resources and more man power to pull off such a feat.

the pathetic plastic man

Weird.... "Plastic Man survived for 3000 years as little more thancrumbs scattered around the Atlantic. If that doesn't give you an idea of the level of power he hides behind that doofy smile of his, then you're brain dead. "

That's what your Batgod thinks of Plasticman.

haha thanks that proves my point even more, and that the fact that you went straight to insults means you know im right. i just think hes one of the worst characters ever, sorry didnt know you were such a fan

and obviously batman has the resources to pull that off or why would that be his contingency plan?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jwalser3