WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WenjunChew

Myth 1: Batman with prep can beat anyone

This classic point has long been debunked and treated as a joke. It is obviously not true and doesn't need explanation even for the most pedantic. It is universally accepted that no matter how much prep Batman has, he still can't beat an omnipotent character.

Myth 2: Batman never defeated Superman in canon

Oh yes Batman actually did defeat Superman.

Also, what does canon mean? There are different versions of Batman and different versions of Superman. People used different versions of Superman in VS debates and you don't see me complaining about it. Yet when people said that Batman defeated Superman, fanboys cried: "But its not canon!"

Even Darkseid admitted defeat and expressed admiration for Batman when the latter used his entire planet as blackmail. Based on power-scaling, since Batman did defeat Darkseid, Batman is capable of outsmarting and thus beating Superman.

Myth 3: Superman/Captain Marvel/Thor can just "speedblitz" Batman before he executes his plans

Firstly, this myth assumed that the character is acting against out of character, which is not quite how VS fights are generally assumed. Secondly, this myth assumed that Batman is unable to prepare a contingency measure against speedblitz.

Myth 4: Goku/Galactus/Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann/etc have no weaknesses, so there's no way Batman can defeat them

Only omnipotent characters does not possess a weakness. Characters like Goku and Galactus are not actually omnipotent. Claiming that Goku, for example, have no weakness is a no limits fallacy. Just because in the anime/manga that Goku's weakness was not shown doesn't mean he doesn't possess one. Batman as the top strategist can simply investigate to find out his weakness or devise a means to beat him.

Please discuss and comment :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything you said is true, and batman has actually beat superman in new 52 canon too. But batman cant beat Galactus without help though. Unless he has millennia to prep and gains longevity to stay alive and well that long.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Everything you said is true, and batman has actually beat superman in new 52 canon too. But batman cant beat Galactus without help though. Unless he has millennia to prep and gains longevity to stay alive and well that long.

It depends what you meant by help.

Batman is capable of beating Galactus alone - But in pre-fight preparation needs more than just himself. He needs to rely on allies to devise a solution capable of forcing away Galactus, for example.

This is where Batman's network of knowledge and contacts comes in useful during prep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/darknight2k/media/Special%20Prep/Battles/batmansupermanannual1-batmanclanvsupermanclan4.jpg.html

Here is the scan in case anyone wants to see batman beating superman

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By comicace3

Seems legit.... But can you explain...... How many fans will just say its pis? ( although its clearly not)

Bluejay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: When did Batman ever defeat Superman...like ever?

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay3 said:

@wenjunchew: When did Batman ever defeat Superman...like ever?

The Dark Knight Returns is one of the most prominent examples of Batman defeating Superman.

Other continuities had Batman killing Superman with kryptonite.

Beating Superman is too easy actually. Goku would be a slightly better challenge for Batman in terms of brain vs brawn type of challenge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay3: I posted a link to a scan, and he also did so in TDKR and The dark knight strikes back, which are not canon but still he beat him, and he has held his own against superman various times, like in Hush.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@bluejay3: I posted a link to a scan, and he also did so in TDKR and The dark knight strikes back, which are not canon but still he beat him, and he has held his own against superman various times, like in Hush.

IIRC, in the Hush storyline it wasn't exactly a fight and Superman was holding back. Batman was just looking for a way to break Superman out of the brainwashing/hypnosis by Poison Ivy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Yeah those were the circumstances behind it but I would still say its quite impressive to keep up for as long as he did. Batman was probably going to lose if the fight continued though, he said that his knuckles were going to break from punching superman even with the kryptonite

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine008

Not much to discuss on a bait thread.

You could work on your dougie.

No Caption Provided

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, because debunking common myths which you don't like makes this a bait post?

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By ImmortalOne

@wolverine08 said:

@JetiiMitra said:

No Caption Provided

DANCE PARTY!!!

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part is how serious the OP is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just not seeing how batman beats galactus

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@JetiiMitra said:

No Caption Provided

I don't know how... can you teach me how to dougie? I want all the b%tches to love me and have nobody fvck with my dougie.

You just gotta jerk them shoulders back and forth! Keep practicing and nobody will be f%cking with ya dougie!

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WenjunChew

@JetiiMitra said:

No, because posting bait makes this a bait post.

If anyone is making a bait post it is you for explicitly dismissing the myths when you could have just either argued against them as a debate would go, or simply just ignore it due to lack of interest.

The fact that nobody are able to come up with a counterargument suggests that it is truth and people who said "Batman never defeated Superman in canon" are just trolls trying to spread a myth.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JetiiMitra said:

No, because posting bait makes this a bait post.

If anyone is making a bait post it is you for explicitly dismissing the myths when you could have just either argued against them as a debate would go, or simply just ignore it due to lack of interest.

The fact that nobody are able to come up with a counterargument suggests that it is truth and people who said "Superman never defeated Batman in canon" are just trolls trying to spread a myth.

No Caption Provided

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Argument by incredulity.

But yes, Batman cannot beat Galactus all by himself, with just his regular equipment.

Although that's not how battles goes in reality.

Batman has a network of contacts he can rely and seek advice from during his preparation against Galactus.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman beat Galactus last week.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secondly, this myth assumed that Batman is unable to prepare a contingency measure against speedblitz.

Even Darkseid admitted defeat and expressed admiration for Batman when the latter used his entire planet as blackmail. Based on power-scaling, since Batman did defeat Darkseid, Batman is capable of outsmarting and thus beating Superman.

No Caption Provided

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Argument by incredulity.

But yes, Batman cannot beat Galactus all by himself, with just his regular equipment.

Batman has a network of contacts he can rely and seek advice from during his preparation against Galactus.

By that logic, then Willie Lumpkin can beat Galactus too...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dernman
SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no.....

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straw.

Willie Lumpkin doesn't know his contacts that well as Batman does for his own network.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

Secondly, this myth assumed that Batman is unable to prepare a contingency measure against speedblitz.

No Caption Provided

That's when my bait alarm really started ringing.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@wenjunchew said:

@jayc1324 said:

Argument by incredulity.

lol So can War Machine.

This thread....pains me. It's a refreshing reminder for why Batfans get the flack they do,unfortunately.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JetiiMitra said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Can't blame you if you people thought that way.

Although you still have to prove that using wits when it comes to a fight is not valid. Otherwise, stop calling bait when you have provided no evidence. What I'm arguing for is that with wits, anything is possible, although the likelihood is very debatable.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew said:

@wolverine08 said:

@JetiiMitra said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Can't blame you if you people thought that way.

Although you still have to prove that using wits when it comes to a fight is not valid. Otherwise, stop calling bait when you have provided no evidence. What I'm arguing for is that with wits, anything is possible, although the likelihood is very debatable.

Nah.

YES!

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do i call in saren here now or do we let this pass ?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By judasnixon

My thoughts on your mythbusting.......

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What....the fick?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fair enough, re-edited the topic to reduce the emotional provocation of the topic title.

My stand doesn't change though. And I'm never saying that Batman's tactics always work, but they do present the possibility of occurrence.

Bluejay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would destroy Batman.Just sayin

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By McHotcakes

@judasnixon said:

No Caption Provided

saved

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@wenjunchew said:

Myth 3: Superman/Captain Marvel/Thor can just "speedblitz" Batman before he executes his plans

Firstly, this myth assumed that the character is acting against out of character, which is not quite how VS fights are generally assumed. Secondly, this myth assumed that Batman is unable to prepare a contingency measure against speedblitz.

1st what is this "generaly assumed" ? assumed by who ? batman fanboys ? since wer are discussing imaginary fights thus we should consider everything a character can do. If supes has enough speed to speedblitz him then its should be considered

2nd thinking that batman is ABLE to any such plan is what called assuming. If he has never done that before then it should be considered that he CAN'T. Thats it. For example i can not say "Whis from dbz bog can bust omniverse because there is no proof that he can't"

@wenjunchew said:

Myth 4: Goku/Galactus/Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann/etc have no weaknesses, so there's no way Batman can defeat them

Only omnipotent characters does not possess a weakness. Characters like Goku and Galactus are not actually omnipotent. Claiming that Goku, for example, have no weakness is a no limits fallacy. Just because in the anime/manga that Goku's weakness was not shown doesn't mean he doesn't possess one. Batman as the top strategist can simply investigate to find out his weakness or devise a means to beat him.

weakness is something using which a character can be beaten by someone who is overall weaker than him. Since Akira didn't create any weakness for goku thus IT DOESNT EXIST thus Goku have no weakness. Batman has no chance against any Z fighter.

TTGL has weakness, someone like Kabito kai can sense simon's ki thus he will know that someone is driving the robot and then teleport inside cockpit, kills simon thus TTGL is defeated. However batman can't utilize this weakness, He have no chance at all against TTGL.

Galactus ? i don't know.

Not having weakness doesn't make you omnipotent. If supes kryptonite, magic and red sun weakess are removed still he is not omnipotent.

unless Batman has ever utilized that particular weakness which is being discussed in debate, he CAN NOT.you can't assume that he can.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was this bumped?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@wenjunchew said:

weakness is something using which a character can be beaten by someone who is overall weaker than him. Since Akira didn't create any weakness for goku thus IT DOESNT EXIST thus Goku have no weakness.

TTGL has weakness, someone like Kabito kai can sense simon's ki thus he will know that someone is driving the robot and then teleport inside cockpit, kills simon thus TTGL is defeated.

Galactus ? i don't know.

Not having weakness doesn't make you omnipotent. If supes kryptonite, magic and red sun weakess are removed still he is not omnipotent.

unless Batman has ever utilized that particular weakness which is being discussed in debate, he CAN NOT.you can't assume that he can.

Or you know, Batman steals a Superman serum from the fortress and beats Goku senseless

No Caption Provided