• 108 results
Posted by ganon15 (6342 posts) 8 days, 23 hours ago

Poll: Batman v. Superman(2016) or Ant-Man & Wasp(2018)? (95 votes)

BvS 34%
A&W 66%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#1 Edited by buttersdaman000 (21893 posts) - - Show Bio

BvS stomps in every way imaginable. I know it won't be popular opinion but Ant-Man 2 is literally the laziest CBM I have ever seen. It's like the writers turned on a Saturday morning cartoon, copied the minimal amount, then turned it into a movie. Like, all they do is chase each other around the city trying to get the apartment building back. That's it.

The movie is complete trash. Like, IIRC, they had 2 big exposition dumps, contrivances out the ass (Deus Ex Machina at the end, and the scene where they all get caught by Ghost), no good fight scenes, the worst jokes ever in a MCU movie, and they repeated the same race condition -- Scott has to beat the FBI back to his house at least 3 times. I can't stress how bad this movie is. If it wasn't in the MCU it'd be dragged through the mud.

#2 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

BvS. Ant Man 2 was good, but come on. Lmao

#3 Posted by TonyMartial (5379 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather watch the Warehouse scene on repeat than Ant-Man 2.

#4 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

they both kinda sucked

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#5 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (12011 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman v Superman. Ant-Man and the Wasp is literally the most forgettable CBM in the MCU/DCEU combined.

#6 Posted by KyleBroflovski (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant Man and the Wasp is one of the most trash movies I've ever seen. Batman vs Superman has it's flaws but it's first scene is better than that whole movie.

#7 Edited by DirtyTree333 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

You're essentially comparing dog bat shit to cat ant shit, what's the point?

#8 Posted by Chimeroid (8381 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, Ant Man 2 sucked ass. It had dozens of plot holes, the acting was meh, the only reason we get to enjoy it is that Paul Rudd is a national treasure we should all cherish and hold dear. Literally nothing else was actually good in the movie. Tho, of course, the majority are voting for the MCU.

#9 Posted by Batman242 (10409 posts) - - Show Bio

I've skipped many MCU films and the reviews on them tell me that I haven't missed anything. I say that to say I've skipped both Ant-Man films.

I'm going with BvS Ultimate Cut here.

#10 Posted by TJD2814 (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant man was like a saturday morning cartoon but I liked that

Much better plot than the whole martha thing, the sissy luthor, and the crappy trigger happy batman

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#11 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8496 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmfao people calling A an W trash but praising BvS πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ This is why people trash DCEU fans. Remember when BvS was going to end the MCU and be the greatest CBM of all time? Yeah I don’t either...

#12 Posted by KyleBroflovski (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Dude literally anyone with eyes can see your a delusional MCU troll. Your arguments are trash and your overuse of emojis makes you look twelve, FYI.

#13 Posted by Amcu (12239 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant Man and the Wasp. Not one of the best MCU films but was surprisingly better than the first one.

#14 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8496 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Kevd4wg (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, it depends on whether BvS is the theatrical cut or Ultimate Cut

#16 Edited by RuthlessKiller (218 posts) - - Show Bio

If we have to compare a lower ranked marvel movie to the film that was supposed to kickstart the DCEU, Then bvs sucked ass. Antman & the Wasp may have been forgettable, but it wasn't about their top characters. BvS had the trinity, lex luthor, Lois lane, doomsday and all the rest and they still fucked up.

#17 Posted by RuthlessKiller (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant Man and the Wasp is one of the most trash movies I've ever seen. Batman vs Superman has it's flaws but it's first scene is better than that whole movie.

Yep. Seeing batman's parents die for the millionth time, but in SLOW MO was better. What about the batnado that lifts Bruce up.

#18 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8496 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by KyleBroflovski (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, not going to engage in a poop throwing contest with this monkey.

@amcu said:

Ant Man and the Wasp. Not one of the best MCU films but was surprisingly better than the first one.

That is an interesting opinion. Not only that you prefer Ant and the Wasp over Batman vs Superman, but that you prefer Ant Man 2 over Ant Man 1. Ant Man 2 made me appreciate Ant Man 1, due to the fact it wasn't Ant Man 2. It makes the first one look like an epic original heist flick in comparison.

#20 Posted by Batman242 (10409 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

For me, it depends on whether BvS is the theatrical cut or Ultimate Cut

Yep. I'll never watch the theatrical cut again. The Ultimate Cut is far better.

#21 Posted by KyleBroflovski (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. Seeing batman's parents die for the millionth time, but in SLOW MO was better. What about the batnado that lifts Bruce up.

I would watch that for two hours before I saw Ant Man 2 again.

#22 Posted by BullPR (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't ignore the expectation levels here.

Therefore BvS can't win this poll.

And it's logical.

#23 Edited by Subline (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen AM & TW, I hope the story isn't that bad.

#24 Edited by deltahuman (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, Ant Man and the Wasp was bad?

Haven't seen the movie but I think it has an RT score greater than 80%.

At this point I don't know which one is a bigger pile of shit, Rotten Tomatoes itself or the Ant Man series of movies.

BvS theatrical cut was admittedly boring too but it still has some beautifully shot scenes like the Opening scene, the Warehouse Scene, The fight between Trinity and Doomsday, Superman's funeral scene etc.

#25 Edited by adamTRMM (7738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller said:
@kylebroflovski said:

But can you deny it was the superior to its predecessors scene too? With exceptional score, cinematography and gravitas? I never thought that sequence can be moving again.

#26 Posted by MAZAHS117 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio

Warehouse scene solo

#27 Posted by BladeOfFury (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Ant Man movies > Infinity War > BvS

#28 Posted by buttersdaman000 (21893 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

You can't ignore the expectation levels here.

Therefore BvS can't win this poll.

And it's logical.

I personally think it's illogical. It's like expecting a 5 star meal and ending up with McDonalds (If you really dislike the movie) vs eating unseasoned, half cooked chicken. At this point, people aren't voting for Ant-Man, they're voting against BvS.

@subline said:

Haven't seen AM & TW, I hope the story isn't that bad.

It is that bad. The plot is just a cat and mouse chase around the city for a couple days. The heroes want to rescue Janet, the villain wants to save herself, and the secondary villain wants to sell the tech. That's it. It's extremely bare. And I know you can simplify any plot to it's basics, but it's just that -- a simplification. I'm not simplifying anything about this movies plot. And to make it worse, it's all tied together with some of the laziest writing in a CBM to date.

Wait, Ant Man and the Wasp was bad?

Haven't seen the movie but I think it has an RT score greater than 80%.

At this point I don't know which one is a bigger pile of shit, Rotten Tomatoes itself or the Ant Man series of movies.

BvS theatrical cut was admittedly boring too but it still has some beautifully shot scenes like the Opening scene, the Warehouse Scene, The fight between Trinity and Doomsday, Superman's funeral scene etc.

Yes it is that bad. The fact that this movie sits as high as it does is proof that critics rate these movies on brand and not individual merit.

#29 Edited by Jgames (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant man and the wasp I guess. It was painfully average, but BvS was just long and painful. The only good thing was Batfleck and seeing WW. Sure the cinematography was great, but it just makes the movie be more dour and pretentious. Also yes the ultimate cut is better than the theatrical cut, but also longer and still does not fix the main problems in the movie.

#30 Edited by RuthlessKiller (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller said:

I would watch that for two hours before I saw Ant Man 2 again.

More power to you bro.

#31 Posted by RuthlessKiller (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@ruthlesskiller said:
@kylebroflovski said:

But can you deny it was the superior to its predecessors scene too? With exceptional score, cinematography and gravitas? I never thought that sequence can be moving again.

It was epic. But there is more to a film than cinematography and exceptional score. If bvs had a sensible plot, was less pretentious and didn't have so many plotholes, I would compare it to the avengers.

#32 Edited by Zepta_Pon (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller said:
@adamtrmm said:
@ruthlesskiller said:
@kylebroflovski said:

It was epic. But there is more to a film than cinematography and exceptional score. If bvsInfinity War had a sensible plot, was less pretentious and didn't have so many plotholes, I would compare it to the avengersAnt-Man.

#33 Posted by RuthlessKiller (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Gracetrack (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

BvS by a country mile.

#35 Posted by adamTRMM (7738 posts) - - Show Bio

It was epic. But there is more to a film than cinematography and exceptional score. If bvs had a sensible plot, was less pretentious and didn't have so many plotholes, I would compare it to the avengers.

Did you watch the UC?

#36 Posted by RuthlessKiller (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: No. But from what I heard it makes it better by plugging in plot holes and expanding character arcs. But it makes it longer and therefore more boring.

#37 Posted by adamTRMM (7738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruthlesskiller:

Made the movie for me when I didn't really like the TC. But I don't mind long movies so there's that.

#38 Posted by RuthlessKiller (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Subline (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

I'm gonna refrain from reading your comment just in case of spoilers. All I saw was "It is that bad". Well... that's disappointing.

#40 Posted by buttersdaman000 (21893 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

@buttersdaman000:

I'm gonna refrain from reading your comment just in case of spoilers. All I saw was "It is that bad". Well... that's disappointing.

I don't think I spoiled anything, but if you want to be safe, I get it. I'll just say if you know the basic premise of the movie, you know the plot. The trailers even oversell the depth of the movie imo.

#41 Edited by Battle123axe (8286 posts) - - Show Bio

I genuinely like A&W better, but I don't hate BvS as much as some do, I actually quite like it., though I could watch A&W more than twice, and not BvS

#42 Posted by g2_ (10760 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant-Man and the Wasp stomps. Batman V Martha was trash.

#43 Edited by Subline (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

@buttersdaman000:

I don't think I spoiled anything, but if you want to be safe, I get it. I'll just say if you know the basic premise of the movie, you know the plot. The trailers even oversell the depth of the movie imo.

Ok. I'm still gonna stay on the safe side.

#44 Posted by Warlockmage (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

well one is full of plot holes, incoherent drivel, a stunningly horrible main villain, and Ben Affleck. the other is full of plot holes, incoherent drivel, a simply average main villain, and has Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly.

i mean to say neither are particularly good but A&W is at least watchable a second time where i can stare at Lilly's butt in that outfit.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#45 Posted by SupremeGeneration (8772 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen AM&tW, but I voted for it anyways. BvS was the single greatest letdown of all CBMs, it sucked ass, and there is literally no possible way a CBM could be worse.

#46 Posted by KrleAvenger (25507 posts) - - Show Bio

MARTHAAAAAAA!

#47 Posted by FaradaySloth (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen A&W but if it's like it's predecessor or even worse then BvS stomps.

#48 Posted by DoctorDaMn (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't see why AW is getting all this hate...

#49 Posted by BullPR (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: yes they are. And as I wrote in my previous comment, for me it is the logical thing to do.

Seeing Reeves as Superman in the theater was a "wouaou" moment of my childhood.

Later, I had an (almost) similar moment in High School with Michael Keaton as Batman. Then with Wolverine in the first X-Men, and later with Tony Stark in Iron Man.

I was expecting something similar in BvS and this time two of my boys were with me.

Result: a big fat beurk. Your analogy with Macdonald is understandable but can not be applied for me.

So yes, My vote for Ant Man and The Wasp is a vote against BvS, and I suspect that I am really not the only one in that case.

#50 Edited by Helloman (19222 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant-Man and The Wasp.