Bat themed comic characters?

Avatar image for alucardvanwayne1800
alucardvanwayne1800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok so there are a ton of batman clones in the comic industry, but how many are actually bat themed? Now the reason i asked this is that i have a character in mind who is bat themed, but very different from batman. The only simularities the two have is the bat shaped head gear and the bat claws. ( i know only some batsuits have that but still) so i wanted to know if i could make this character without getting a big fat ol law suit and i figured someone here could probably give me a better answer than i would get if i decided to do the research myself

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are touching DC's Holy Grail, obviously you will get a lawsuit to say the least. :D

Avatar image for alucardvanwayne1800
alucardvanwayne1800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh idk i fell like the vast differences in the character should be enough to save me plus i doubt dc is really gonna pay attention to an amature webcomic

Avatar image for deactivated-61eed97ca43b6
deactivated-61eed97ca43b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

ok so here’s from just marvel

marvel in total has 75,000 or so charcters

of those, only about 80 are bat themed,

out of those, only 15 are not vampires or man-bats but still bat themed

marvel has a ton of bat themed that match Batman’s appearance,

blackwing, nosferata, batman, white vampire, vampiro, shroud,

marvel also has a ton of Batman rip offs but most of theme either don’t have a theme or are themed on things other than a bat

other than marvel comics gets tricky,

inassume you are talking about black bat in your main topic, he was the first “popular” bat themed charcter before Batman. In other companies there is batfink, bat ranger, night scream,

yous de dc practically owns the rights to the bat animal. That’s also partly the reason why nobody makes spider themed charcters cuz marvel pretty much owns that too. Dc has made Dutch succes with Batman that others don’t dare to even attempt to take it. They try and take concepts but as soon as you take the theme you will get a lawsuit. The only time Marcel did that is when they made nosferata, a clear Batman parody who is bat themed however they just genderswapped him. A formula that marvel and other companies like to do to make a “well developed“ Batman copy is to take his origin, taste in costume, and lack of superpowers and then change the theming to make it “all their own” which is usually why you don’t see any bats in other companies.

every company has their own “premier bat superhero”

dcs is Batman obviously

marvels is debatable. they have multiple bat supers like vampiro, shroud, and Batman.

dark horses is Night Knight

image has darkwing

and atomic has black bat