Based on best feats, who is more durable: MCU Thor or DCEU Superman?

• 115 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Based on best feats, who is more durable: MCU Thor or DCEU Superman? (130 votes)

Superman 29%
Thor 71%

Thor:

Superman:

No Caption Provided

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I included Sokovia because he survives the explosion.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

inb4 “he ran from bullets”

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Danii79

Thor by far.

Kurse one-shots Doomsdays for warming-up
Kurse one-shots Doomsdays for warming-up
No Caption Provided
Only Loki knows his weaknesses
Only Loki knows his weaknesses
Impressive
Impressive
Mark VI Iron man, what an opponent
Mark VI Iron man, what an opponent
No Caption Provided
Ultron's TK is no joke
Ultron's TK is no joke
Bleeding from just one punch of Hulk. Luckily it's just an inconsistent exception
Bleeding from just one punch of Hulk. Luckily it's just an inconsistent exception

TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 socajunkie  Moderator

Thor for energy, Superman for blunt force.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danii79: those didn't happen remember? We just like ignoring consistency for outliers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: @danii79:

How does Thor getting hurt by most of these characters matter? Their attacks would just scale to Thor's durability.

The only exception is probably Phase 1 Iron Man, considering he was supposed to be vulnerable to things like normal F-22 missiles and machine guns.

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: In which durability tier do you think Thor is?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danii79: I am unsure. Why does that matter though?

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danii79: I suppose possibly city level if Sokovia explosion happened right where Thor hit the Vibranium core. While the floating Sokovia was small, the rest of the rocky landmass was also destroyed.

I think there are some other feats higher than Sokovia feat but those might be a little on the outlandish side, so not sure if they count.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: Thor in a1 and the final battle of a2 was weaken by dark energy etc

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blunt: Superman

Piercing: Superman

Energy: Superman due to Nuke feat

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermod111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danii79: A hit with from a 1 megaton warhead would atomize him.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator

They're practically equal. Superman was literally not dripping blood from a nuke to the face but Thor survived Sokovia pre-Awakening.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuggachugga170: based on, there literally was no difference in his stats from thor 1 to a1 and he never encountered dark energy in a2

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sokovia=nuke which nearly killed SM. bifrost >doomsday's blunt force output

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: I believe either commentary or script said something about the pool draining him and it’s impressive considering that a weakened thor can still bend gold titanium which is a 1k ton+ feat

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

Yes the same way there wasn't any difference between MOS Supes and JL Supes right? Just keep ignoring onscreen evidence and use only lowshowings as your basis for durability so your god dceu superman won't lose.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermod111:

But I suppose dceu Clark can tank a 1megaton warhead, right?

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: are you actually comparing a kryptonian to an asgardian? The kryptonian power source is external so they can get stronger or weaker depending on the amount of solar radiation in their system.

And no superman didn't get stronger, he just got better feats, this is reinforced by the fact that zod was able to match him in MoS after less than a day of solar exposure and how he was able to get back to full power in about 2 minutes after the nuke sapped his solar radiation.

The only thing thor got better at was electricity manipulation. Stop reaching

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

His power source is irrelevant to the comparison.

Hulk was able to give Thor a nosebleed with one punch and later on the same Thor could take over a dozen or so of the same punch without a scratch but yet you insist that he is on the same level.

The only thing that dceu Supes got on Thor in stat is that he incorporates his speed better when fighting compared to Thor sth you guys tag combat speed.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: are we talking about the same thor that was hallucinating daddy so yes he didn't get stronger, if anything this hulk didn't appear as powerful as he was in AoU.

The thing superman has on thor is speed both travel and combat because we can prove that thor doesn't move any faster than chris Hemsworth and superman has supersonic combat speed, we can also prove that the fastest thor can fly is around mach 1 proven by his desperation trying to escape from the dragon in ragnarok. We know he doesn't hit as hard same way I know all might and DCAU superman hit alot harder than superman.

Superman is also better in durability because even zod hits alot harder than thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a
deactivated-5ef9c7d93643a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has better feats.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bayman007

I agree that Superman is far more durable overall when you look Blunt, Piercing and Energy.

Thor is closest with the latter though, due to his heat feat in IW when stormbreaker was being forged. The other areas, not so much

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sokovia>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a yellow star, Clark gets more powerful and comes out golden.

Flashkings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Energy: probably Thor (debatable tho)

So overall I'll go with Superman

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman. We have had people on here do precise calcs for Thor's star feat. It was slightly weaker than Superman's nuke feat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Energy: probably Thor (debatable tho)

So overall I'll go with Superman

Basically.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

His father came to him in a vision not that he was losing consciousness as a result of the beatings since he was about to punch Hulk off himself.

Kurse did the same thing and Thor wasn't even close to being KO'ed and Kurse is atleast as strong as Hulk if not stronger.

Hulk wasn't as powerful??? That Hulk got his best feat to date in the same movie, moving EF Surtur so that "weaker" narrative is DOA.

So dceu Clark is faster than Thor's teleportarion? His hammer? Mach 1 my foot. Like I've said before, combat speed is a CV construct so I won't bother arguing about that. Speed is speed, no one becomes slower when fighting even normal human can punch faster than they can run but sure whatever you say..

Any unbiased viner know that mcu high-tiers are stronger and have better striking than dceu kryptonians going by onscreen feats but as a dceu Clark fanboy you would disagree even if Thor breaks apart a planet.

Dceu Clark have not taken more than 3 hits at a go in all his movie appearances and you want to compare him to Thor taking a beating from someone stronger than him.

You are also confusing Clark's skin not showing cuts or bruises as a sign he's more durable than Thor, so I guess dceu Clark is also more durable than CW Supergirl or smallville superman since both of them have been bruised and bloodied by punches.

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: I mean if that makes you feel better, he was hallucinating mate coupled with the fact that we know Odin is dead. Did you watch the Kurse fight, dude looked like he was going to die, go to 1:30

https://youtu.be/ZJneSSYTZFo

You mean how surtur was surprised and took a step back? Reinforced by the fact that hulk was continously hitting him and couldn't budge him at all?

We are talking about stuff used in battle right? He can't teleport, the bifrost is not useful in battle, mjolnir on its own can go MHS because of its small size and surface area, add thor's size with his higher surface area and the drag involved and yes it's still mach 1, stop reaching or prove he's beyond mach 1. No combat speed is not a CV construct, I mean its not difficult to understand, Mike Tyson vs usain bolt comes to mind, two different types of speed.

Yea any unbiased viner watches Clark vs zod and watches thor vs hela, thanos and Kurse and concludes hey the MCU fights are more intense. You're going to claim moving the rings and I'll tell you rocket's ship did the work, replace thor with a durable enough anchor and same thing happens.

Did you watch his fight against zod before making up that blatant lie or heh the smallville fight? How can you say he's not taken more than 3 hits in one go, even zod and nam-ek have taken that, would you like references to that? Now you just have to prove that just because thanos is stronger than thor makes him stronger than zod considering you can't provide actual empirical onscreen visual evidence that would confirm that assumption.

Except we know how much stress thor's body can take seeing as we've seen him bloodied up with two gashes on his head after having a boulder thrown at him contrasted by the fact that superman went through a much more durable structure in the top of a mountain and got up like nothing happened, later in that movie, he fell from space like nothing happened. Lol because we know for a fact the things that bloodied those characters would completely destroy this clark even considering the limited budget which the MCU doesn't have

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Odimm

The Man of Steel and it ain't hard to tell.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eri_Joni  Online

Thor.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danii79: I agree, but don't downplay Supes. He has loads of impressive feats

Hit hard enough with an nth metal beam to make sparks fly
Hit hard enough with an nth metal beam to make sparks fly
Survives a blast with enough force to rock a car
Survives a blast with enough force to rock a car
Only knocked out for around a minute by super high tec bullets
Only knocked out for around a minute by super high tec bullets

and Superman has shown himself to be within the high tiers of the MCU

Survived a nuke without a scratch, practically no sold
Survived a nuke without a scratch, practically no sold

Thor's equal hospitalizes himself performing nuke level feats
Thor's equal hospitalizes himself performing nuke level feats

No Caption Provided

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danii79: nah man. Supes has loads more I coulda brought up. Wayne Tech bullets only feel like 60 mph baseballs to him, concrete busting punches from Nam Ek and Faora only leave him on the ground for a couple seconds, an oil rig falling on him didn't kill him, and a gas station explosion only winds him for 30 seconds.

Reviewing these feats, I should've voted for Supes. He's got way better feats than getting KTFO by a big exploding rod or getting left near dead by sun light.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eri_Joni  Online

@danii79: nah man. Supes has loads more I coulda brought up. Wayne Tech bullets only feel like 60 mph baseballs to him, concrete busting punches from Nam Ek and Faora only leave him on the ground for a couple seconds, an oil rig falling on him didn't kill him, and a gas station explosion only winds him for 30 seconds.

Reviewing these feats, I should've voted for Supes. He's got way better feats than getting KTFO by a big exploding rod or getting left near dead by sun light.

No Caption Provided

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: I mean if that makes you feel better, he was hallucinating mate coupled with the fact that we know Odin is dead. Did you watch the Kurse fight, dude looked like he was going to die, go to 1:30

He was about to punch hulk off himself that hardly sounds like someone hallucinating. His father briefly appeared to him for less than a second but sure he was on his deathbed via hulk punches. How is Odin being dead relevant? Lol at no point did he look like he was about to die. Thanos beat him up worse than Kurse and he wasn't close to dying until Thanos introduced the axe

You mean how surtur was surprised and took a step back? Reinforced by the fact that hulk was continously hitting him and couldn't budge him at all?

Yea Surtur definitely took a step back all by himself since he was scared of Hulk... LMAO so a supersonic slam with both hands is the same as a standard punch? The same way dceu Clark's bullrush is the same to his standard punch. Please do better..

We are talking about stuff used in battle right? He can't teleport, the bifrost is not useful in battle, mjolnir on its own can go MHS because of its small size and surface area, add thor's size with his higher surface area and the drag involved and yes it's still mach 1, stop reaching or prove he's beyond mach 1. No combat speed is not a CV construct, I mean its not difficult to understand, Mike Tyson vs usain bolt comes to mind, two different types of speed.

Lol he can definitely teleport and it's useful in a battle since all he has to do is raise his axe up and how difficult do you think that is? Mjolnir shouldn't be able to support Thor's mass but guess what? it can since it's a magic hammer but sure moving Thor's mass is very difficult for the hammer even though the hammer has done so on multiple occasions. A boxer isn't training to run but to throw and dodge punches so that comparison is ridiculous, a boxer is utilising his speed to avoid and throw punches while a runner is utilising his speed to flee so different situation. Mike Tyson can punch faster than Bolt's top speed so what were you saying again? Even the dceu official guidebook supports my argument since there was no mention of combat speed when they explained his superspeeed.

Yea any unbiased viner watches Clark vs zod and watches thor vs hela, thanos and Kurse and concludes hey the MCU fights are more intense. You're going to claim moving the rings and I'll tell you rocket's ship did the work, replace thor with a durable enough anchor and same thing happens.

Judging power levels by fight scene portrayal is a great argument. Thanos, Cap Marvel are all street level so congrats you win. Why bring up sth I haven't even said? Are you that feeling the heat already? Yea missiles would have brought down the WE if they could get near it but alas they couldn't so the same logic applies to ur "anchor" headcanon.

Did you watch his fight against zod before making up that blatant lie or heh the smallville fight? How can you say he's not taken more than 3 hits in one go, even zod and nam-ek have taken that, would you like references to that? Now you just have to prove that just because thanos is stronger than thor makes him stronger than zod considering you can't provide actual empirical onscreen visual evidence that would confirm that assumption.

No need for long story just provide proofs of Clark being punched for more than 3 times without any rest inbetween. I don't have to prove Thanos is stronger than Zod since Thor is stronger than dceu kryptonians and Thanos is stronger than Thor, basic scaling.

Except we know how much stress thor's body can take seeing as we've seen him bloodied up with two gashes on his head after having a boulder thrown at him contrasted by the fact that superman went through a much more durable structure in the top of a mountain and got up like nothing happened, later in that movie, he fell from space like nothing happened. Lol because we know for a fact the things that bloodied those characters would completely destroy this clark even considering the limited budget which the MCU doesn't have.

We also know how much force is needed to daze and KO dceu kryptonians and it way below the boulder feat. A 30mm bullet weighs about 400grams and it's velocity is mach3 so I'm sure you can calculate the force it should have, so please do and then you'll come to the irrefutable conclusion that even the boulder feat you love bringing up is above attacks that dazed and KO'ed Clark.

So explain how you know that the punches that have bloodied CW Supergirl is above what dceu Clark can take, since their fights also look like street level onscreen.

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Danii79

@kryptonianking88: You better show me where Thor has no-sold things like those and I will change my mind.

If not I can show you a certain fight where Superman and his enemy where punching each other through skyscrapers and they were totally unfaced by it.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danii79: I'm not sure what your point is, you just showed some instances of Thor getting hurt, or moved by attacks like Iron Man. It would be a feat for everyone except Iron Man to hurt Thor (Iron Man wasn't even slowing him down).

Anyways, here are some instances of Thor no selling better stuff

No Caption Provided

Thor travelling MFTL no sells the Bifrost against his head, the same thing decapitated a dragon which could fly through rock

No Caption Provided

Thor tanks a blast which earlier disintegrated the superhuman King Laufey. It takes building level energy just to do the same to normal humans.

No Caption Provided

No specific instance of something falling on top of Thor, but this is comparable. Iron Man at worst was KO'd with no major damage to his suit. Thor is more durable than Iron Man

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

Arguments like yours aren't allowed on comicvine so delete it.

You are only supposed to use lowshowings for mcu characters but highest showings for dceu characters especially kryptonians.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

No Caption Provided

Lmao. Superman has tanked stronger attacks and came unscathed. The mountain top is> whatever blunt durability feat Slowdinson has.

No Caption Provided

A rock made him bleed. Superman took a train which didn't even break on impact, directly to the face and was unscathed.

No Caption Provided

About the snap, You keep saying that and acting like repeating it with no evidence makes it any more compelling than the first time you said it. Thor was KOd by a much weaker explosion.

No Caption Provided

Nukes can get 20 times hotter than the cores of (real) stars, he took it while being weakened. Let's not talk about how a (less) weakened Superman took an explosion which busted an entire island.

But hey, Iron Man is now>Superman according to you!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please stop using the bifrost feat.

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: it’s not even that. People use instances of characters merely getting moved to lowball the MCU when the same happens several times in DCEU

KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@authentical: Dani was bringing up what he thought were low ends for Thor I brought up some actual low ends for Superman. Which isn’t even the point of this thread OP asked who has better durability just off their best feats